Anyone else learning to drive?

Do you feel confident enough in your ability to drive? If you just need practise to build confidence up could you either hire a dual control car or use someone else's car? Might be easier to find the time that way?

My mum said she could put me on her insurance but we both work full time and she sometimes does Saturday's so would only be on Sunday's.. Still might take her up on the offer :) yes i was pretty much 'test ready' in June, it's just gaining the confidence back and fine tuning things like manoeuvres

I will be booking my test again on Wednesday, but the soonest test is mid Nov!! Its ridiculous how long you need to wait here. Test centre is only open 3 days a week.

I have to just let my instructor kbow the date of my test and then phone him a few weeks before to get a few lessons in before the test. Hopefully this will be my final attempt!

Can you not get a cancellation? I literally refreshed the dvla booking site constantly and Managed to get a test really easily on the exact days I wanted x

Hi can I join? I am learning to drive, had over 50 lessons, my test is next week!

My test is on the 27th of August, but I don't think I'll pass it. My driving's gone really off recently and I keep failing mock tests with my instructor. And what's worrying me more is that I'm working that same day, so I don't know if the times will clash. (I'm having a lesson tomorrow, so I'll discuss it with my instructor.) It's a stupid thing to worry about, but I've only just started this job a few weeks ago and don't want to seem too unreliable. Am I being paranoid?
Hi my test is same day as u!! What time is urs?

I'm late to this one but I have my first lesson on Tuesday!

How is everyone doing?
I have my test tomorrow!! Cannot believe I'm actually going to take one. I have terrible cold, losing my voice and feel awful, so great timing there!!

I failed 😭😭😭 one serious for causing another vehicle to slow down (I was waiting to turn right out of a junction and a white van turned left into the same junction, but I was a little too far over to the right so he needed to slow right down 😔)
and six minors for following distance x2 steering while turning, and pulling into gaps which were 'too close' (even though I didn't agree) x2 and not using appropriate speeds.

Ugh, I'm annoyed at myself. And I wayy overthink things and will be dwelling on this until next time (2 weeks away)
😔

Good luck pandacub

I didn't see u failed. Don't let it get u down. I know how deflating it is, I passed on my 3rd test.

Yeah if you cause another driver to change speed or stop that's considered a serious unfortunately :(

Don't let it get to you. Get back to some more driving lessons to improve on those errors and rebook when ready :)

I havent been on here for so long! I passed my test on Thursday morning (first time and 2 minors) but now I feel more nervous to drive than ever. please say it gets better, I've never looked forward to driving lessons, but thought I'd be more comfortable once I could drive without an instructor - wrong! lol.

Good Luck to everyone with tests coming up x x

I havent been on here for so long! I passed my test on Thursday morning (first time and 2 minors) but now I feel more nervous to drive than ever. please say it gets better, I've never looked forward to driving lessons, but thought I'd be more comfortable once I could drive without an instructor - wrong! lol.

I could of wrote this post when I passed. I've been driving nearly a year now. It took me a while for my confidence to grow as I didn't need to drive everyday. Now hubbys shifts have changed so I'm driving more.
So yes it does get better but the more you drive the quicker it will I'd say :)

I could of wrote this post when I passed. I've been driving nearly a year now. It took me a while for my confidence to grow as I didn't need to drive everyday. Now hubbys shifts have changed so I'm driving more.
So yes it does get better but the more you drive the quicker it will I'd say :)

Thank you :) hubby said the same that I just need to do it to build confidence but hes never not been confident so he doesnt really take me seriously lol. Like you its hard cause he has the car for work. But I've applied for a few evening jobs now (havent been able to before because of not being able to drive and living in a village!) so I'll have no choice but to drive if I get one of them :) will be great when I can afford a smaller car too and not having to drive the family car x

It's very normal to feel nervous driving out with no instructor! I literally panicked anytime I got near the car! But the more you get out and practice the better it gets trust me!
At first it's definitely going to be a scary thought but get P plates if you feel comfortable with them that way most drivers will have some understanding if you take long to pull away/stall etc...

I made sure to get out loads with OH, I tried to drive at any opportunity! Now almost a year later I can go anywhere alone except leave London lol!

YES! I was terrified to drive after I passed and being a single mum I had to do it alone. But your confidence does grow and driving becomes seconds nature.
I passed end of February and I still think to myself sometimes "wow I'm driving" lol

Wow can't believe its almost been 2 yrs since i passed! and even after all that time i still don't like driving and probably never will.

Well done to all those who have recently passed :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->