Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

My niece announced yesterday that she has thought of something for her Christmas list!! There must be something in the air.
My 7 year old keeps telling me about toys and games he's seen and I keep saying it'll have to go on his birthday or Christmas list :haha:

I've already started looking at Christmas outfits for the kids. I'm actually worried I haven't bought any gifts yet. Usually by now I have a couple.

I've got a Christmasaurus Teddy and a book on the moon landing so far.

I know! I usually don't buy until October, but I wasn't sure if the teddy was limited edition and the book was reduced quite a lot :haha: I've got a couple of ideas I'm sitting on too

i am always looking out ahead to stretch possible expenses xD

I've been saving £20-30 a week and have started buying things. Thomas is into really obscure hard to get (and EXPENSIVE) stuff so I've made sure to get ahead this year. I never have a budget as he is my only child. So far I've spent £167.50 and have 15 presents. His birthday is in August and some of the gifts will go to that.

Wow you're doing well having 15 presents already! I've got 2 between 5 of them hahaha
My eldest wants a gaming computer this year so he won't have much else but he's 15 so he is old enough to understand that.

Wow you're doing well having 15 presents already! I've got 2 between 5 of them hahaha
My eldest wants a gaming computer this year so he won't have much else but he's 15 so he is old enough to understand that.

It feels like nothing as everything is so small!

My son can't wait for the day he has a gaming computer, I've said not until he's a teen at least haha!

I know, everything is so tiny but expensive as they get older.
His playstation has all but given up. It keeps turning itself off and everything. I was thinking I'd have to hunt down a PS5 but apparently all his friends are moving to PC so now he wants to.

By where to celebrate are you thinking about going away over Christmas or in the run up to Christmas?
I'm still thinking about this.. This is much harder to decide then I thought before. Ofcourse there is an opportunity to delay this and try to make a decision in December :D
But I know for sure that much places will be booked by that time. The first option of mine is https://www.poptop.uk.com/venue/kings-norton-golf-club in Birmingham, West Midlands
What about you? :)

I'm still thinking about this.. This is much harder to decide then I thought before. Ofcourse there is an opportunity to delay this and try to make a decision in December :D
But I know for sure that much places will be booked by that time. The first otption of mine is https://www.poptop.uk.com/venue/kings-norton-golf-club in Birmingham, West Midlands
What about you? :)
The golf club looks lovely, I can see the temptation.
We do Christmas at home but try to get away for a family Santa trip round about mid December. We've gone to the MacDonald's hotels Aviemore resort a few times and had a wonderful time on their specific Santa weekend. We were gutted when we had to cancel last Christmas as its really the last year Ds would have bought all the magic, he's getting older now. No idea if we'll do anything this year, had planned to go away with a friend and her daughter but work have said she can't get any time off then.
Let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
It's really chilly today and I'm full of cold so have been making myself feel better by adding ideas to my various amazon wish lists haha

We're starting to get good toys in at work now which is very tempting for me to crack on but I feel guilty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->