anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

CMPalmer- :hi: thanks for the advice :) i am so sorry to heat about your first husband :hugs: :hugs: i must say that youre one brave lady not taking pain meds as i have been such a baby about this whole thing! I hope we start to feel better soon as i hate this feeling now- i too wont stretch incase my incision tears :haha:

How ate you doing anyway? Really good i hope? Xx

Scerena - about standing up straight - I remember having to bend over when walking for at least 3-4 days! After both surgeries. Even the second time when I had no shoulder pain.

I think sometimes people underestimate how serious this procedure is. Yes, I admit, this is not a full-on surgery with proper incisions and scars. But you still go under for an hour, have three small incisions and they shuffle your insides about like no one's business :wacko: Plus they make incisions in your ovaries!
So I know some people told me: Oh, it's nothing! A lap is like a walk in the park - we were back to normal the next day....Really?!

Because I think on here EVERYONE who had one done was in some form of pain for at least 3-4 days. So take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest, don't try to get up and about too quickly - it'll only delay the healing process!

Just put your feet up and rest! :hugs:

Thanks mariaf :hugs: I was beginning to thik I am being a drama queen lol!
I finally managed to go, it has eased the pain abit now! TMI I know sorry!
I changed my dressings today two are fine but the belly button one looks like it is bleeding still abit- I phoned the ward and they said to use kettle water and cotton wool to clean it- yuk I cannot do that!

But the pain is still there but I suppose it is not as bad so I cannot really complain, I just hate being limited in the things that I can do!x

Scerena-No your not a drama queen lady! Everyone has a different experience and like Maria said-I think everyone experienced pain and discomfort the first couple of days! And the surgery is a pretty big deal-I remember when I would roll over in bed-I would feel like things were moving around in there. Super weird. But you WILL be feeling better very soon! Relax and maybe dive into a good book! :)

CMP your a very brave women, sorry to hear you had such a tuff time in the past, and glad your faith has made you a strong and determind women.

Scerena don't worry as the girls have said we are all diffrent and all deal with pain in diffrent ways. I'm feeling good today i been in the car and been baking. I have some period type pains and my belly button stings and pulls a bit, but much better standing tall the lot. Going to try to go back to work on Monday. As long as your wound is not red hot or really mucky i would not worry. I got a call to visit the nurse on wed for post op check. Its a 80 mile round trip or more for me to the clinic, which is a bit of a pain but i know people have to travel a lot further.

cmpalmer- Thanks for the reassurance! I feel like a pain in the backside with my 101 questions all the time! Im making the most of oh looking after me though! Today I have taken one load of paracetamol so definately becoming more bareable... Just cant wait to not be in ANY pain! You ladies are great putting up with me on here lol!

Nikkia- Wow thats a long way to your fs- mines only around 2 miles away... I have blood coming from mine still a little I am going to have to clean it tomorrow! Had my follow up appointment- may 10th- I DONT THINK SO!- I will be phoning up monday and getting in sooner than that hopefully!
I went in the car in the passenger seat today hurt a little when going over the bumps :( but Im getting there, you seem on your way to a speedy recovery yay :) so is everything okay with your belly button?
x

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know how much help you have been to me! I'm really suprised and happy to say I got my BFP today!
BTW I had OD on 10/21/11. Good luck to you all and I plan on keeping up with what is going on with all of you!

Jp - Congrats!!! :dance: But... you do need to give us more details, you know. ;)

I think I'm the lucky one where I didn't have to deal with the incisions like you ladies have. My one incision was vaginally and then she went in through my cervix, so I feel like I had a walk in the park compared to you poor ladies! Scerena - I hope you get feeling better soon! It seems like you're going through what a lot of ladies mentioned right after their ops, so I feel confident that you'll come through this very soon!

CMP - oh my goodness! I can't believe what you've been through!! I had to re-read your post a couple of times because I thought I was reading something wrong! I'm so sorry for your loss!! I've always been pretty freaked about taking pain meds. I didn't take any even after giving birth (I had one tylenol a couple days later). My doc prescribed me some hefty stuff after my OD, but I didn't take any then either. Did your dh take a normal recommended amount? I don't want to poke into your pain, but it's just so scary! It looks like you've found happiness again though and you're definitely right - we can always find peace through our faith. We are never left alone. Even if we don't get outcomes we like or want, we can always feel peace.

Maria - yes, the $2400 will include whatever it takes... office visits, u/s, bloodwork, meds. We have to pay the $2400 for any medical expenses during the year and then once that's paid, we pay only a portion of all medical expenses for the rest of the year. That probably doesn't make sense. So the $2400 could come from other medical expenses (like my dh sees a therapist... we'll pay 100% of those costs until we reach $2400 for everything combined). So by the time we're actually doing the gonal-f, we might actually only have to pay $1000 of that particular treatment. Either way, it's a riot.

Dh is putting the final touches on his major project today and I've gotten costs from all but my pharmacy, so I'm hoping to have a chitchat with him tonight or tomorrow. Really, I just need to get him on the full-blown ttc bandwagon again. My plan is to take advantage of these 3 gonal-f cycles and by the time they're done it should be close to my b-day, which is when I'm calling it quits. So I'm looking forward to the months ahead. I'm hoping to get a baby out of it, but if not, I'm ready to put ttc behind me and move on.

Oh - and my next scan is "when I get a + opt". I didn't get a + last cycle until after I ovulated, so I'm just going to keep an eye on cf and when it starts becoming ewcm, I'll go in.

By the way Maria - loving the orange! ;)

Have a fabulous day ladies!!

Cridge,
I don't really have any symptoms except I have a terrible cold :( I hope yours is better! I'm excited about you trying gonal F again! Sounds promising :)
AFM, I am going to tell dh when he gets home...I can't wait...this is better than Christmas morning!
I can't help but be so stinking excited...it's been 18 months of trying to get here...I know it takes some alot longer, but it's seemed like an eternity.

Congrats JP..... thats awesome news....
wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months....
take good care of yourself babes ..... and rest alot !!!!! :hugs:

JP - congratulations! OD worked really fast for you :thumbup:

Happy and Healthy 9 months, chick :thumbup:

MommyMel - any news your side?

:hi: hello ladies :D
We have been on holiday out the country so no signal, which was bliss! No worries at all!

I'm still on TTC break and just having fun in as many places as possible :blush: :hehe:

I'm so stoked that both you girls op's went so well!!! Don't worry about the Q's, we all had then sometime or another :) I waited 7days to bd, so only after my stiches came out. On to the BFP's ladies ;)

Cridge, I'm glad to read you willing to do the Gonal-F, I do also believe that it will be successful and u will get ur second "GF baby" :D

Mommymel, yay for the buy in front DH for AI, I'm gonna ask my FS for it on the 12th as I'm past my 6months of "natural" trying. I'm not even gonna bother with Clomid!
Have you tested again?

JP, H&H 9 months to you and bean!!! Its great to hear of the quick OD success stories! :dance:

Maria, ah I can't believe time is flying by so quickly, it feels like the other day you broke the draught of BFP's here :hugs:

CMP, wow girl :hugs: I admire the fact that you kept your faith even after all that as a lot of people will blame the lord and not actually learn and grow from it like we should.

Sorry if I missed anyone! But loads of :dust: :mwah:

:hi: all :)

Tella- i hope you had a lovely holiday :) and great things can happen on ttc breaks :) you bd 7 days after the op go you! Im scared lol!

jp- congrats that was quick have a h&h 9 months! You give me hope!

Cridge- gl hun my fx'd that you get a bfp very soon hun! I hope 2012 blesses you with a baby. I hope the gonal-F helps!

Afm- im alot better today in comparison to yesterday i have not had to take one pain killer all day!! Yay!! Im not 100% still walking hunched... BUT definately progress! I cleaned the belly button incision today it has a big dark blooded part i was dabbing it woth cotton wool but wasnt coming off so i think it may be a big scab... Anyhow i covered them back up lile the nurse said for four more days... Im finally on the mend- just cant wait to be 100% again! Oh and all of you ladies are being great in helping me! X

Tella - YAY!!! Great to have you back! And its so good to hear that you had fun :winkwink:

Welcome back Tella!! :hi:

I'm starting to see some cf, so I'm hopeful that taking that extra femara did me some good. Maybe I'll actually ovulate this cycle! fx'd anyway.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Cridge - do you have another scan coming up?

MommyMel - any news?

Nikkia and Scerena - how are you ladies feeling?

Cridge - do you have another scan coming up?

yes, and no. I don't have one scheduled, but I can go in anytime I want. Doc wants me to wait until I have a + opt, but since I got a + after I ovulated last cycle (and not before), then I'm not going to wait that long. I'll just wait until I have some cf that's worth anything and then I'll schedule an appointment. I'm starting to see some sticky cf, but not very much of it, so I think I'm still a ways off. :coffee:

Congratulations Jp how exciting, and how quick.:happydance:

I'm doing ok. All my wounds look good and clean, i have removed two dressings today. I do feel bit light headed and have a bad headache today, and not myself. Could this be my hormones? I'm on day 5 of af and no sign of stopping yet. Hope you have all had a good week end? x

MariaF- Hi hun :) yes I am fine thank you, my best day yet- no pain killers for 2 days :) I went out for a drive with my oh and his daughter aswell today! I am getting back to normal :) I still have the odd twinge or pain but nothing I cannot manage and not walking likek a 80 yr old woman though but I am still hunched over a bit... So yes im on the mend now at last! How are you?

Nikkia- Im glad your wounds look nice and clean- 2 of mine are but my belly button one has like a black lump of blood which must be a scab because when I was dabbing it nothing was coming off- I had to change my dressing on friday and keep them on for four more days. So have you been told to take yours off now? I hope that your bleeding stops soon.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"