anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Thanks Scerena. I've been taking co-codamol for it and it's just about bareable. It's almost like a chinese burn feel, and it's was dull until last night when it felt stronger. The left ovary is much worse than the right, there is no way I could lie on my left side. I think if it's the same tomorrow then I will phone the out of hours doctor, don't fancy trying on a Friday night.

Bear with me everyone with the lingo, I've got a lot to learn! Fingers crossed for all of us TTC ladies and congratulations to all those expecting.

What cycle day are you? Are you possibly ovulating? I think you should be feeling a bit better than you do hun but im not 100% sure definately worth checking tomorrow if youre concerned :hugs:

When is your follow up appointment with the hospital?

It takes a bit of time to learn the lingo but you will pick it up in no time! X

I'm confused about which cycle day I'm on, I finished a Clomid cycle in early December, then AF was late, not pregnant, and then I had a light bleed two weeks before my op. Do you count the op as CD1, that would put me on CD15 (i think).

I've got a follow up appointment in 4 weeks, I've been moved from my consultant up to the head guy, because I have maxed out my Clomid cycles and he's the only one authorised to give me further meds.

It's all so confusing!

Hi Kyla - you should count OD day as CD1. I hope you start feeling better soon. I was back to work 3 days after the op, but I still had quite a bit of gas pain for a few weeks.

Cridge- stay relaxed in the 2ww - hoping the best for you this cycle.

Tella- Everything sounds great! :happydance: Would love to hear about a BFP from you!!

Nikki and Scerena - sounds like things are going well for you both - we look forward to hearing about your updates. Would be wonderful to have 2 more BFPs.

Maria - love the avacado! Will you be finding out the gender?

AFM - I had my first ultrasound on Wednesday to see the little one. We couldn't hear the heartbeat, but was able to see it beating in the ultrasound. A very exciting day.

Kyla- im not sure hun i was already on ag when i had the op i was like cd3 so i just stuck to that but i think if you bled after the op with a full flow maybe that was your cd1 but im not sure but i am sure the other ladies on here can help you just see snwflwr has told you its cd1 so were cd1 then so do you test for ovulation like opks or temp?- you could possibly be ovulating? Thats good youre now seeing the head guy he should get things moving in the right direction now :)

Snwflwr- you must be looking forward to your scan soooo much! Im excited for you i cant wait for it to be me going for mine :) hopefully not long to wait! I hope your little 'prune' is doing well :)
X

:wave:kyla welcome to this thread,if you have read bck you will see there are some great results with OD. I had my op on the 3rd jan, and had af(period) the next day which lasted a week. i feel completly back to normal now no pain at all. I would def check as you could be ovulating, do you check your temp,cm or use opk's? I would def visit your gp if your feeling rough still. xx

Nikkia- how are you??? Are you tracking your cycle? And have you DTD yet?x

Kyla - welcome to the thread :flower:

I had 2 laps (but only 1 OD) and both times i was officially signed off for 3 weeks. I personally didnt need that long to recover but this must mean that on average thats how long women need :thumbup:

I also think the pains may be because you are ovulating! OD can totally mess up your cycle because it changes your hormonal balance completely. When they drill through the ovarian capsule they "kill off" the excess testosterone which means things will change with your cycle too!

Shareena - great news on your ovulation!

Snflwrgrl - im well chuffed for you! Seeing little one for the first time must have been amazing! And it must have already looked like a baby!

Yes, we cant wait to find out the sex :thumbup: About 4 weeks to go. DH is so desperate that he said if bubba doesnt cooperate during the NHS scan we will have another one privately :dohh:

Scerena I'm good thanks back to normal now. Back to work monday only half day as i have the scan. I started using opk's thursday I'm currently only cd 11 so started early, hoping the scan shows I'm going to ovulate. I was surprised how quickly the saw me after the op but really pleased they seem really good at the clinic in Exeter where i go.

How are you? Hows the button? xx

Welcome Kyla! :hi: It does seem odd that your'e still having pain this far out. Has the pain been constant or were you feeling better for a time and just recently it started getting worse? If it was better and now worse, I would say it's probably your ovaries gearing up to do something exciting. If it's been constant, I would say you should go in and get it checked.

Shareena - so excited that you ovulated on your own!!! Woohoo!!

Snflwrgrl - how exciting that you got to see your little bean! I'm so glad things are going well!

Maria - I love that dh wants to get a private scan if your lil guy doesn't cooperate! I think it would be fun to have a surprise baby, but there is definitely something to be said for finding out the sex. It's no longer "my baby" but "my son or daughter". So excited for you!

nikkia - good luck with your scan on Monday! I hope you get great news!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Havent checked the button today :haha: i keep it covered up! Hoping these antibiotics help keep it clean and it heals nicer lol! I will clean it out tomorrow...

Are you looking forward going back to work? Are you completly healed now? Its so nice to be able to move around and get up and down without pain again isnt it :happydance:

Yes your clinic is really good- mine told me may but i had i changed to 21/02/12 i want a plan asap!

Are you excited about your scan? I started using m opks from cd10 im now cd14 no positive opk :cry: hope we both o soon :)

Can anyone help- i was cd3 when i had the op- do i continue my cycle as normal or class cd1 from the day of the op?- (after the op i only bled a little then mainly spotting)? Opinions appreciated x

Just a quick update, the pain got worse over the day and I eventually had the out of hours doctor come out. I was walking bent over and I truly felt like something internally was about to burst. I tested with OPKs and all were negative :(

Anyway, the Doctor has prescribed me antibiotics as he thinks I have an internal infection. I stopped taking antibiotics for a belly button infection on Thursday and he thinks they were masking the internal infection so he's given me enough for a weeks course. During my op, they accidentally punctured a blood vessel so that seems to have got infected. Anyway, at least now I know what it is and should be feeling better in a day or two. Just wanted to update everyone and maybe this will prove useful for anyone going through the same thing in future x

Oh Kayla :hugs: you make sure that you're getting plenty of rest!
What antibiotics did he give you for your belly button? Im taking 'flucloxacillin 500mg'

Ouch did they! That is why you have had so much pain and walking crouched over- I really hope that youre feeling better very soon and get your oh to take good care of you :hugs: x

Thanks hun. :hugs: I'm taking Erithromycin 250mg four times a day. The Out of Hours Doctor gave me the same ones that I'd been on. My belly button is still a bit icky but a lot better than it was, I've kept the covers off it and it seems to have dried up. 2 incisions look fine but the one on the public line is the only one that looks like it will leave a scar.

I'm feeling a bit better, the relief at knowing why I was in pain helps. I'm just fed up of being stuck at home and I really want to be able to plan the next stage of ttc!

I haven't found a definitive answer on when to count CD1 after the op, I think maybe because everyone is different and know one can say what happens to your cycle. I've counted the op day as CD1, even though I was on CD14 (irregular cycles) but I have also made a note that I could be on CD30 now, so planning on waiting for AF to show up and then trying next cycle.

I've been using OneStep OPKs and they've never shown a positive for me but they do show up a faint line around the time of ovulation. Are you having a medicated cycle? My consultant said when I was on Clomid, to count 28 days, take them days 2-6 and if day 28 arrived and AF didn't show, to carry on with a new 28 day count.

I havent left my incisions uncovered yet im scared lol!
Im glad they look like theyre healing ok and that it looks like only one scar that is great!

So you have been in all this time? Poor you! I couldnt hack it after 3-4 days i had to go for a drive its so annoying being in. I hope you feel better soon hunni i really do...

I use one step ones too, maybe you need to change your brand? Nope no medicated cycle i dont have my post op appointment until 21st feb...

Thats interesting when i was on clomid id have to wait until cd35 test if negative induce af with provera or something but my af would tend to turn up... All docs are different in what they say arent they it gets confusing us all being told different things... So will you be taking clomid on your next cycle?x

Oh Kyla :hugs:

I remember my worst nightmare before each lap (I had 2!) was that they might damage something :nope:

Did the doc mention an ultrasound perhaps to make sure there's no internal bleeding/swelling? I hope you get better in no time!

Its been quiet over the weekend - how are you ladies? :flower:

Hi Ladies,

I had Ovarian drilling last week on the 11th and was just wondering if i count that as cd1? Reason i'm asking is because i was already on cd4 when i had the op? I only had some spotting after the surgery. When do you think i should start testing with opk's?

:hi: i had mine on cd3 on the 3rd of jan and i just stayed with that cd... I started using opks about cd10 im now cd16 and still no +opk :( but im not sure 100% what you should count cd1 from, sorry...

Mariaf- it has been quiet ive been a little lonely on here... How are you feeling?- hope all is well?
X

Hi Girls, im back at work today :cry: so its a bit busy and the weekend was just as crazy busy.

My doc told me to take day of op as CD1 and i O'd on CD24 with 14day LP. But i never O'd that i know off before the op so dont loose hope! Your body still has to get used to the new hormones.

Scerena, if you stayed on your CD from before the op it is very possible that you are only CD13 from after your op. Keep your head up and just have fun bding as much as possible. Try and apply SMEP, do you know what it is?

Paula, Welcome :hi: We believe OD will have a great positive effect on you as well. and that you will get your BFP soon.

AFM, I manually overridden my O date on FF to the day before my FS appointment as he said he saw i already O'd so that puts my on 5dpo and this TWW is killing me as i just want to book my IUI for next cycle. Obviously still hoping im in the running this month but i cant remember if we DTD often enough.

Thanks scerena & Tella for your replies,

I'm really optimistic about the surgery as we have been ttc #2 for over 2 yrs and I was diagnosed with PCOS just 6 months ago. Just hoping I get some positive opk's and regular af's.

scerena- the same as what Tella said ~ if you took your op as cd1 then perhaps you might get a positive opk in a day or 2?! How long will you keep testing? Have you had any ovulation signs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->