anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Tella - I love the countdown :happydance:

Cridge - 9DPO already! Ohhh, its getting exciting!!

:hi: Ladies

Hope you don't mind but would love to hear your opinions on my opk's. They are from Friday, Saturday and today. They're definitely getting darker right? When do you think i will ovulate (if at all) :happydance:

Attachments

• opks (2).jpg
    opks (2).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 5
paula - definitely getting darker! I would keep testing but it looks like you might catch a surge in the next day or two. You should ovulate 12-36 (give or take) hours after your surge. I would start getting busy now! :) GL!

afm - 10dpo - I had a temp spike this morning. I've had triphasic temps in the past though and I wasn't pregnant, so I'm not letting this get my hopes up. But between the dizziness at 6-7 dpo and the increase in cf and the temp spike.... :shrug: I really don't feel pregnant but these signs are at least giving me something to think about. I plan on testing on Tuesday morning and calling it good. I actually don't even want to test because I just don't want to see a bfn!

Paula - the bottom one does look darker :thumbup:

Cridge - I can't believe your willpower! Of course everything's crossed for the :bfp:

Its very quiet on here over the weekend...

Maria - Thanks! I just really don't feel pregnant and I can't bare to see more bfn's, so I just don't want to test. I probably wouldn't test at all actually, except that for one, my parents are coming to town, and two, I want to be able to call my dr. to get the ball rolling on my first gonal-f cycle.

I realized this morning that I probably shouldn't do a gonal-f cycle in March because of the timing if I were to get pregnant. Also, DH is planning an anniversary trip for us mid February, and I'm worried my doc won't go forward with gonal-f next cycle cause I'd be gone for a week right around the time I might ovulate. Ugh. I'm hoping to pull out a cycle in February, April and May (hopefully I won't need that many, of course). But I'll be devastated if my doc won't want to go forward with next cycle because of my trip. It would just work out so much better if I was pregnant now. :winkwink:

:hi: all
Been a busy weekend as I Had my step daughter and niece... and forgot to take my temp this morning :dohh:
I dont think that I have ovulated as my opk's are still quite dark (looks like the new colour for me on opks from now on) although they started off faint :shrug::

cridge- OMG your strong holding off testing, Im excited for you!

Paula- Yes they are progressing nicely :) I agree you should get a positive very soon get to bd :happydance:

Hope everyone is well x

Here are my opks-
1st is yesterdays
2nd and 3rd are todays...

I wish I knew what was going on with my body :shrugg:
x

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
Oh scerena - this is so frustrating! I remember being in the same boat not knowing what's going on :nope: Will they give you any kind of monitoring over the next few months?
Can you ask for a repeat blood test to see how your hormones are doing after the op? I had a repeat hormone check about 4 weeks after the OD and my testosterone was way low!! LH was still slightly higher than average but much lower than before.
It does seem like your LH levels are slightly elevated...but this is odd as your OPKs were much lighter before....Also as I said the OD was meant to lower the LH levels not raise them :shrug:

Weird isnt it...
I have my follow up appointmen on the 21st feb still ages away, im not sure if they are putting me on meds or if i have to be natural? I dont know... I hate it right now i feel lost!

Definately going to ask for a repeat blood test! Lets hope my testosterone is lowered!
Its weird about my lh levels... Im hoping i just get an even darker line so i know its positive :shrugg:
I never use to grt lines that dark, i keep telling myself its vecause my body is trying to get back to bormal because i am nearly 3 weeks post op- well im hoping thats all i dont want to go through all that pain of the op for nothing x

Hi, I hope you don't mind me joining this thread, I recognise a few ladies on here, hello scerena and paulapuddle. I had my OD on the 12th jan so it's really good to read all about others journeys. X :flower:

Welcome Kat :hi: the more the better :) Hope your journey to a bfp after OD is a short one.

Scerena, shame girl i hate OPK's they are so confusing. I used to buy the digital ones for confirmation, if the cheapy was + then i would do a digi with the same pee and see if it get a smiley. But the following day i could see my temp rise so i didnt worry about testing again. But the crazyness of OPK's is one of the reasons i took a break from all the monitoring as it drove my silly :wacko:

GL hope you can get bloods done soon so that you can get answers.

Cridge, Im keeping fx'd that you can get a cycle of Gonal F in before your trip. Or even better yet a BFP now ;)

Maria, thanks hope im joining you soon in being a OD graduate.

AFM, my FS appointment is at 11:00 so another hour to go. Then i will get my script and most probably a scan i dont know. I've worked out a rough calender on if i O on cd14 like i normally do with Clomid, then i should be 10DPO on Valentines day and im gonna start testing early i can just feel that coming. So praying for the best ever Valentines gift!!!

February is a very significant month for me and DH as we got together on the 18th 5 years ago, 25th we got engaged 4 years ago and a BFP in Feb will be an amazing gift!!!

Welcome Kat :flower: I hope you recovered from the op!

Tella - good luck with your appointment. What injectables are you going to be on?
It does sound like Feb would be a perfect month to get that BFP! DH and I got together on Valentine's day 10 year ago - so it's our 10 year anniversary this year :wacko: Time just flies! And our gender scan is on the 13th so hopefully b the 14th we'll know the flavour :happydance: And that you get some good news too :thumbup:
When I had IUI I was on Menopur and ovulated perfectly on CD14. I only needed 6 njections of the minimum dose that was good too.

Cridge - how are you? Still thinking of you and rooting for that BFP!

Scerena - I just went to my GP and said that I would like a repeat blood test for Testosterone, SHBG, LH and FSH - to see if the hormones are back to normal after the op. She agreed to that right away although I know they can be awkward about blood tests and can tell you to wait till your follow up apointment :dohh:
Are you still temping? What's the chart looking like?

:hi: kat how are you?

Tella- opks are very confusing i had a break for a few months but i had poas syndrome :haha: i think i just wanted to make sure from now that i o. I might buy the digitals next cycle i just hate wasting money on opks i dont mind wasting on hpt's as my body is rubbish! Let us know how your appintment goes :) i hope feb will be your month it sounds like a lucky month for you and your oh :)

Maria- my chart is in my siggy i couldnt take my temp yesterday an todays was taken earlier so i adjusted it so it might not be accurate im not sure but we shall see...I will ask about the bloods when i next see them, not very long to wait until your scan really im excited for you.
X

Hi girls :flow:

I just got back from the FS. Took alot longer than what i thought it would but its all fine :)

Doc did a internal scan to see if everything is fine for me to start with 5mg/p/day Femara pills to stimulate the follicles. I suppose we will only go for the injections if the pills doesn't work. My next appointment is next Tuesday at 8:30 for another internal scan to check the size of the follicles, if they are big enough i will get the HCG shot then and the IUI will Thursday if not by the latest Saturday....fx'd for Thursday!!! I cant believe 10 tablets can be so expensive, for the 10 i paid $72, but its all for the greater plan :D

Shame, also in the waiting room was a couple who is 22w pregnant and had the down syndrome test done in Dubai, and it came back positive. So they came to my FS for a second opinion. I felt so bad for them, i cant even start to imagine what it must feel like to make that decision. I just wanted to give her a :hugs: but the FS told me not they themselves as i had to wait for 45min for him to see them first. Shame even my FS was upset as he didnt know about it he thought it was a fertility patient.

Oh Tella - you are so sweet! Yes, it must be absolutely horrendous. It must be one of the toughest things to through in life....:nope: So did she have the amnio? Or you don't know the details?

When you have fertility treatment on the NHS in the UK often your appointments are in the same area as the antenatal clinic. Our local hospital doesn't have fertility services but the bigger one we went to - it was like that. I remember it was the hardest thing ever...as most women were there for their scans and were coming out beeming with scan photos. And then you'd see another couple among them, also looking down and hopeless and you realise they were there for fertility too...most likely. I know hospitals must find it hard to separate the two areas, but surely doctors must realise what an emotional torcher it is for a couple struggling with infertility to be sat waiting for an appointment watching all the happily pregnanct ladies :nope:

I will never forget the appointment in my life....

Im glad you picked up the drugs and are all good to go! In fact, I think the cost is not too bad - I remember Cridge saying that one cycle of just Femara was several thousand dollars :wacko:

Thanks Maria :hugs: Yeah they should almost rather have two waiting rooms especially for someone that has to deal with something like that.

I think she did as my doc confirmed it, I think. Because they had to make the choice of whether to continue with the pregnancy or not. :cry:

Yeah i remember her saying it is very expensive there. But it was quite funny as i just told my mom i swallowed a R100 (10 pounds) :haha:

Hi, Im well thanks definitely feeling on the mend now. Even started some decorating today! I have afew questions if any of you have any ideas.

I had bleeding like AF from the day of my surgery the 12th jan to the 16 th jan, firstly is this normal? Did any of you have this? Also, given that I was bleeding then, when should I start counting my cycle days from?

Just trying to get an idea of when I could first start to expect ovulation, thanks in advance for any advise. :thumbup:

Kat, my FS said I must take day of Op as CD1. And I had full AF for 4 days as well, but it seems to differ from person to person. I would start using OPK's on CD10 just to catch the surge. But don't give up hope if u have to wait awhile, I only O'd CD25 after OD! GL :dust:

Hi girls!

Welcome Kat! :hi: I think you should count that bleeding right after the op as the start of your cycle. Like Tella said - start opk's about CD10 but don't get too discouraged if you don't get a + really soon. GL!

Tella/Maria - it's actually the gonal-f that's $3000 a cycle. Femara is still blasted expensive too. I get mine for free (because I use the generic Letrozole) but I know women that have to pay about $300 a cycle for it. Crazy. Femara is a breast cancer medication too, so I can't imagine how women that have to be on it indefinitely can afford it!

Tella - I'm excited for you this cycle! I can't wait to hear how things go on the Femara! I hope you respond really well!

Scerena - did you ovulate?! Your temp looks great this morning! Hopefully it stays high the next couple of days!!! :dance:

afm - I was home sick yesterday while the family was at church and I read too much bnb! :winkwink: I got sucked in and in a moment of weakness I took a hpt (i/c). Of course, it was bfn! I'm pretty certain I'm out this month and that hpt confirmed it for me! My high temp yesterday was a fluke and my cf hasn't been increasing like I was hoping it would, so I have absolutely no reason to think I'm pregnant. I started getting stabbing pains near my right ovary yesterday as well...which I had last cycle near my left (from the side I ovulated both cycles). My theory is that it's the corpus luteum starting to die off. So that pretty much confirmed it for me. I'm going to go get a FRER today so I can use that tomorrow morning as planned, but I have no hope for a +. Oh well.

Thanks tella, I'm in a similar position as Scerena that I am just playing the waiting game really, I don't have a follow up appointment until 4 months have passed. Is this usual?

I'm just hoping that I ovulate and get preggers during this time.

Kat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->