anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hi girls its ok, hopefully i can just eithe ovulate or af comes so i can have a new cycle i hope this OD worked!

Nikkia- hopefully the witch stays away :)

Paulapuddle- im not out just yet... My stitches only come out yesterday when i cleaned the incision, the belly button one came out the other day and the bikini lime ones were still there i just got cotton wool and warm water and gently twisted it as they were sticking up an they came off now its not itchy at last lol!

Maria- i know right! Like how is a 26-28day cycle irregular :haha: they need to try having out cycles!

Tella- hopefuly this cycle is it for you :)
X

Nikkia, Maybe its IB or even possibilty spotting from O. I've been reading quite a bit today and read about it somewhere. Keeping fx'd for IB!!!!

Scerena, I know how you feel girl :hugs: GL

Nikkia - all I know is that the body can take a couple of months to adjust after the OD.
This about it - it's quite a major procedure where your ovaries got drilled and your hormones are totally out of wack now :wacko: Yes, some people start "working" from Day 1 but for others they need a few weeks/couple of month.
I had a perfect frist cycle after the OD. No meds, perfect strong OPK on CD12 and af 14 days later. OK, I didn't get my BFP but I was over the moon to ovulate on my own.
Next cycle - no positive OPK :nope: I was really gutted. I definitely didn't ovulate as I didn't have any temp rises or any typical for me post-ov symptoms. Anyway, I actually thought it was for the best because we were going to Mexico for a dream beach holiday when I was CD20 of that cycle. In the past I NEVER got af without ovulation - so I figured at least Ill have af-free holiday.
So imagine my shock when I got a period on CD28 :wacko:
Next month was even wackier :dohh: I got a darki-ish OPK on CD13 although I didn't really calss it as positive. And then af got me on CD23...So that cycle was totally messed up!

Then I decided to put myself on Clomid (I still had some left from before the OD). And I took Clomid for 2 months. Then from August I stopped that and started to prepare for IUI...The month I caught I didn't ovulate till CD25.

So although the OD definitely helped with my cycles you could still argue they were nowhere near regular!!!

Paula - I had 2 laps and after the first one I had normal stitches. I had those removed about 7 days after the op and the nurse who was removing them was soooo rough :growlmad: She nearly tore through my belly button with the naval stitch :growlmad:
Second lap I had stitches that dissolved and the stitch srea looked sore and red for several weeks but it didn't hurt - just itched. So as long as it doesn't look too swollen/puss coming out of it Id say it's normal healing process.

Cridge - where are you????

Hi girls!

Scerena - sorry your temps are messing with you. It's so frustrating!! It may just take a bit for your body to come around, or you may need to try clomid or femara. :(

Nikkia - I think it would be a great sign if af found you - something is working! Hopefully it's something better like IB though!

Maria - I don't know why they would do an internal cervix scan and not let you see you little guy! It's so close in proximity! My u/s tech always checks my cervix when she's checking everything else out too. So yay! I hope you get to see him/her!

tella - I had a slight headache on a couple cycles of femara, but nothing more than that. That's why I love the drug so much more than clomid. But maybe if you had no side effects with clomid, you'll get them with femara :shrug: What dose are you on? Did you say 5mg?

afm - well, on to gonal-f. big FAT negative this morning. I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't sleep - I was dreading taking the test. When I finally dragged myself out of bed to take it I just felt sick. So, it wasn't a surprise, but I just feel wrecked right now. I think mostly because I'm lacking sleep! I'll contact my doc today and get the ball rolling with next cycle. AF should be here on Sunday.

Hope you ladies have a nice day!

Cridge sorry for your bfn but you may still get a positive soon... Im not sure if they wanna put me on clomid again or what all i know is it didn't work too great for me before but hopefully will after OD.

Tella- its sooo frustrating but nothing i can do hurry up my fs appointment on 21st feb!
X

scerena - that's one of the benefits of OD... that you respond better to stimulation. Also, if clomid didn't work well, maybe try femara - it seems to work better for girls that don't respond well to clomid.

Yes ive heard that too one of the fs's i spoke to was going to give me clomid and injections after the OD but i havent spoke to the fs i am seeing in feb so dont know what they want to do yet, ive heard of femara being good for ladies who failed with clomid, so hopefully this fs i am seeing will have a plan for me and not just tell me to try naturally x

Cridge sorry you got a bfn aleast you now have a plan and can move forward with the next step,stay strong.

Tella hope all goes well with the meds and the side affect are not to bad.

Scerena so you don't think you have ovulated?

Maria as you say i guess my hormones are all over the places. I don't know whats happening but if it af then i will be ok with it even though I had full 7 day af ,day after op.
xx

Cridge - I'm so sorry :cry: :hugs: Am really disappointed... I was really hoping you wouldn't have to go down the Gonal route :nope: Sending you massive :hugs:

Nikkia- Nope no ovulation for me as of yet... How are you doing?

thanks girls. :hugs: I have my appointment set for next Tuesday for day3 baseline testing. I assume I'll start injecting that day as well. I think the time will go fast between now and then as my parents will be in town, leaving that morning. I think this is the hardest time when you know you're not pregnant but you have to wait for af to find you. Blahh.

Hey Nikkia - how big is Devon? A mom of a friend of mine lives there. I was hoping to go see her this summer, but I think our UK trip is being scrapped until some future date.

Cridge > :hugs: So sorry about the bfn, but both our BFP's are now in the making. Hurry up AF so that Cridge can start working on her BFP :)

:dust: :dust: :dust:
Good luck to all you other girls waiting to O

AFM, CD5, Day 3 of meds. No side effects yesterday :dance:

hi ladies, :flower:

sorry i have been so quiet,,,, i am here, reading the posts everyday.
Cridge - I am so sorry about the :bfn:..... on the brighter side, at least you can start afresh with the next cycle.

Maria - wow you have grown, an onion already. how are you doing, please keep taking good care of yourself,,,,:thumbup:

Tella - i have my FS appointment on the 10thg Feb for iui .... thats when i start my ttc plan full on. :happydance:... how are you expierencing yours so far ? last night i dreamt they performed IUI on me,,, but gee wizz, that little tube was almost 5 meters long,,, lol:dohh:

I hope the OD went well and it wont take you too long to get your :bfp:,,,,, some ladies conceive much quicker than others,,, our bodies act differently,,,, its actually amazing what i bodies do in order to conceive. :wacko:

I have bought my OPK, Fertility monitor and pre-seed... its like a big package waiting to be unwrapped...

so here is to a new begining,,, a positive and uplifting start.....

baby dust to all you beautifull ladies......

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
much love to you all.....
mwah

hi ladies,

sorry i have been so quiet,,,, i am here, reading the posts everyday.
Cridge - I am so sorry about the BFN..... on the brighter side, at least you can start afresh with the next cycle.

Maria - wow you have grown, an onion already. how are you doing, please keep taking good care of yourself,,,,

Tella - i have my FS appointment on the 10thg Feb for iui .... thats when i start my ttc plan full on.... how are you expierencing yours so far ? last night i dreamt they performed IUI on me,,, but gee wizz, that little tube was almost 5 meters long,,, lol

I hope the OD went well and it wont take you too long to get your BFP,,,,, some ladies conceive much quicker than others,,, our bodies act differently,,,, its actually amazing what i bodies do in order to conceive.

I have bought my OPK, Fertility monitor and pre-seed... its like a big package waiting to be unwrapped...

so here is to a new begining,,, a positive and uplifting start.....

baby dust to all you beautifull ladies......
much love to you all.....
mwah

Mine so far is fine. CD3 scan was quick and everything was fine. Started my meds and only had a headache the first day. And the hot flushes also seem better. I just feel hotter than normal...lol

Im sooooooo super excited to go for my scan next Tuesday (6 sleeps and counting down), to see how many follicles i have and how big they are. And then the IUI anytime from Thursday.

Only let down is that if it is during the week my DH cant stay for the procedure, he has to go back to work immediately :cry: My mom is very far from me, but i have 2 ladies close to me that knows im going so i might ask them.

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a fabulous day!!!

Mommymel!! So good to see you! I've been wondering where you were. I'm excited you have your FS appointment and I hope they don't shoot you up with a 5 meter IUI! hahahaha!!

Tella - things are moving right along for you! Isn't it funny how we can't wait to get to the end of each day just to move on to the next?! Next week will be exciting for you!

:hi: Kat

I'm sure you will find this thread very helpful as the ladies here are very informative :)
how are you feeling? I don't know when my follow up app is yet, i'm still waiting for the letter and the FS did mention putting me on clomid. I did have a very slight bleed after the op but they did say it was quite normal. Other than that i've been testing with opks since cd10 and will continue to use them until af shows. I did have stabbing pains in my right ovary lastnight which i'm hoping is a good sign! Haven't quite got a positive test yet!

Cridge- Good luck today if your going to be testing i have my FX'd for you

Scerena- so sorry to see your out this month :hugs: your body is probably still alittle out of whack from the surgery? perhaps next cycle things will go your way

kyla- Glad to hear the antibiotics are working for you!

Just a quick question about your stitches ladies have they dissolved yet if so how long did it take? The stitches that's on my bikini line are annoying me at the mo, think i'm gunna leave it another few days then i'm going to pop into to my doctors and have them take a look coz its a little sore and red!

Hi Paula, no signs of OV just yet for me, your OPk's and symptoms are looking good so I have my fingers crossed for you.

I had two of my stitches out 5 days after as although they are dissolvable the doctor said to do this. I left the belly button one in a the stitch was too embedded.

Kat

Cridge - I am so sorry about your BFN. Best of luck this month - I hope the meds treat you well and bring you a BFP.

Tella - same to you -I hope this month goes better for you and I hope the side effects stay away!! That goes for all of you girls here. Would be great to have another streak of BFPs!!

MommyMel - good to see you again! Keep us posted!

I wish I could keep up with you ladies every day. I usually check this every couple to a few days and this thread is so active - its hard to keep everyone straight. Please know that I pray that each one of you get your BFPs SOON!!!

Cridge > yeah it is funny, but i suppose that will be our forte till we get our BFP but then it just changes to the countdown to the next scan and due date...lol

Snflwrgrl > Thanks :hugs: When is you next scan?

AFM, CD6 - Day 4 meds. No real side effects just hot at night. And every now and then i can feel a twitch in my ovaries.

Good luck to all the other wonderful ladies waiting to test, and grow follicles grow for the rest that is still gearing up for O!!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->