anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Oh Cridge.....Of course you know what Ill say - i/c are rubbish and sooo not sensitive.
How's your temp today? Also, cf may behave totall differently each pregnancy. I agree though that FRER should technically show tomorrow...although there are plenty of late implanters out there that don't show till 14DPO :thumbup:

Kat - I had the OD privately so I was in a different boat. A friend of mine had hers on the NHS and she was put back on Clomid right after the OD. She also had a follow up about 2 months after the OD. I think 4 months sounds like a long time...but nothing surprises me. Every PCT is so different and the rules vary so much!

I was one of the lucky ones and got a beautiful positive OPK 12 days after the OD without any medication. It still did take 8 months for us to conceive though...

Thanks Maria! I can always count on you to keep my hopes up a little longer. :hugs: I thought of you yesterday when I was cursing my I/C - and I remembered that you didn't get a + on I/C til 11dpo, right?

My chart looks great - but typical for my LP: My Ovulation Chart

What a beautiful chart....oh why can't ever chart looking so perfect end up in a BFP?!

I did get a very faint line on 11DPO and mine was a VERY early implanter! I had the sever pains at 7DPO with spotting from 8DPO. So I reckon bean implanted at 7DPO. FRER showed a very faint line on 9DPO and i/c was silent until 11DPO. At 8DPO all tests were blank.
This is why Im saying about late implanters - if the implantation doesn't take place till 12DPO (which is normal) then the test has no chance of showing anything....Although I do have this theory that most BFP's (about 80%) do show by 10/11DPO on FRER.

BEST OF LUCK FOR TOMORROW and :dust:

Tella- so glad things went well at your appointment :happydance: I am excited for you! So nice to have a plan in place right?? The poor couple I even want to give her a hug and I am not even there :hugs:

Kat- I also do opk's from cd10 like the other ladies said, glad youre feeling back to normal :) My fs appointment was in may so 5 months! I phoned up said I will not wait that long and to reschedule me with another fs in the same team and they did for february...

Cridge- Im not sure I adjusted the temp online as I woke too early, Im hoping the adjustment was accurate otherwise that maybe a false temp??- fingers crossed thought that the temp carries on rising... I hope that your frer comes back + theyre more accurate my fx'd tightly for you :hugs:
x

scerena - I hope it stays high tomorrow!! I have noticed that sometimes they adjust temps too much, but that was a pretty high jump, so fx'd!!

So I bought my box of FRER's and there was a free "fertility test" in it. It tests FSH on day 3. Whoa! It just gives you an idea of whether or not your ovarian reserve is decent, but I think that's pretty cool. I don't know how useful it is exactly, but I guess for women that are just getting into the ttc world, it's probably very useful. Especially older ones. A cheap test they can do at home before involving the doc. Anyway - thought I'd share.

I'm reeeaally not looking forward to testing tomorrow morning. It almost makes me sick to think of it. I just know it's going to be neg and I don't want to deal with it. Ugh.

I adjust my temps on- https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php hopefully its still high tomorrow fx'd!
That fertility test sounds interesting i havent seen them... Im so hoping you get a surprise bfp hun you deserve it i will be stalking the thread! Xx

:hi: Kat and welcome. I joined the thread recently too, I had my OD on 29th December. As the others have said, each cycle after the drilling seems to be different but I counted the day of the op as CD1 and started testing from CD10 also.
Follow up appointment after 4 months seems a long way off, are you being monitored in anyway in this time (blood tests, CD21 tests, ultrasounds)? My follow up is 6 weeks post op and is via NHS.

Cridge - How interesting about the fertility test! :hugs: Totally understand the feeling about testing, good luck for tomorrow and lots of :dust:

AFM: The strong antibiotics seem to be doing the trick and the pain/ache in my left ovary area is getting better. Going on the day of my op being CD1, I should be on CD27 tomorrow, so waiting for the :witch: to arrive with the hope I have had a normal cycle. Not sure I'll get a :bfp: as OPKs were only faint mid cycle and we dtd late as I was too sore and in too much pain post op.

Scerena - just seen your post hun. FX'd for you also that your temps are good. I am thinking of temping next cycle but I have never done it before and don't quite know where to begin. I've tried looking up info online but I get a bit lost reading threads etc.

My main questions are: is a normal digital thermometer ok to use and does the test have to be done first thing in the morning, like 7am or can it be done if you wake up later, I am lucky that I am able to get up at 8.30am (good job as I am a night owl!) would that be too late?

Hi kayla :) im glad youre antibiotics are working :)

Temping-
Take your temp at the SAME time each day, i have done it at 7.45 before im sure 8.30 wouldnt make much difference, i take mine at 6.30 as i know i should sleep well before then.

You need to have at least 3 hours sleep before taking your temp and take it before you get up or talk etc...

The thermometor should be one with 2decimal point like '36.12' rather than '36.1' if you havent got one of these you can get them from amazon theyre called bbt thermometors...

Temping is really good cause you have more of an idea about your cycle and opks dont work for everyone... Id definately recommend it :) x

Brilliant, thanks. I'll have the check the digi thermometer I've got or order up a new one. I think I will give it a try next cycle and see what my temps reveal :)

Kyla - go to fertilityfriend.com and it has tutorials on how to chart. If your digital thermometer gives you results to the tens or hundredths, you're good. I use normal digital thermometers and don't think you necessarily need a "basal" therm. Of course, in the UK, since you use Celsius, you may need a basal (tests to the hundredths) to see a more clear difference.

It doesn't matter what time you take your temp as long as you've had at least 3 hours of sleep and you take it at relatively the same time each morning. I used to temp before 6am and now I'm usually closer to 7:30 - my temps have remained consistent over the years no matter what time I take them. I just try to take them around the same time each cycle.

If you start charting, you'll be so glad you did! It really gives you a lot of information on what's going on! If you have any questions, you know we're always happy to help!

KatCrazy, I had a follow up appointment when they removed my stiches but that was only because my DH had his SA results at the same time. Otherwise I had to wait 6 weeks, so it’s a bit shorter but still long. Then there after I had to wait 6 months and try naturally before he was willing to look at any further treatment.

Cridge, Wow that is still very expensive. I know, I cant even imagine how so one with cancer can afford a monthly prescription of the meds. Ok I feel better about it now. The whole IUI procedure will cost me about $320 so im happy :happydance: Boooo to the bfn but like Maria says, IC are terrible things!!!! Fx'd for the FRER still today!

:hugs: just think about the exciting cycle ahead if it is a BFN :hugs:

Scerena, Thanks :hugs:

Kyla, Don’t stress about a bfp this cycle. The most important part is that you are healing and that your hormones start coming right. As for a 28day cycle, my first cycles was 38 days long, so also don’t get to down your body needs time to get back into gear.

Go to www.fertilityfriend.com they have a nice comprehensive charting online course you do and it is very helpful to figure out when you O'd and what your LP is doing.

Maria, only 1 more day then you see your bean again :)

AFM, Nothing new really. Just second day of meds. Grow follies grow!!!!!!!!!

Cridge - I still remember that feeling of emptiness each time I was looking at a BFN :nope: But this is why I started testing from like 6DPO...every day I got used to the idea of a BFN more and more...But then when I did see a BFP I totally didn't believe it - it just didn't seem real or possible!
I really feel for you today...

Tella - when's your follow up scan? Any nasty symptoms from the drugs?

Kyla - glad the pain is getting better :thumbup:

Scerena - yes, fingers crossed the temps stay high! How exciting :happydance:

About temping - I always used a digital thermometer but mine had 2 decimal places after the dot. I really think it's necessary for them to have 2 decimal places rather than 1. Because it's more accurate. I also couldn't find them in Boots and had to order online I think...

I don't think Ill get to see bean tomorrow as it's an internal scan of the cervix :shrug:

I took my first meds yesterday at 13:30 and by 15:30 i had to take painkillers for a massive headache and by 18:30 i had hot flushes. But that is all so far. Most people so far as what i have read get headaches and hot flushes. Cridge do you get any side effects?

:hi: ladies just a quick update as i am out- my temp went right down again this morning- i think that adjuster had adjusted the temp far too high :cry:

Hope everyone is well?

And tella it sound like the side effects that i use to get headaches on some of my clomid rounds and the hot flushes on all the rounds, maybe its the same side effects?
X

Oh Scerena - Im so sorry about the temps :cry: I think the hardest thing for us PCOS ladies is the uncertainty of what our bodies are doing :nope:

I remember secretly laughing at ladies complaining their cycles weren't regular - by Not Regular they meant 26-35 days. And they really saw it as a problem....Try 100+ days, love!
Why is something so natural and regular for 90% of ladies thing as ovulation is such a "mission impossible" for us?! I remember when I got positive OPKs my reaction was as excited as getting a BFP :dohh:

Scerena - I just hope your body figures itself out and does ovulate very soon :hugs:

Tella - I only took Clomid and Menopur. Menopur didn't give me any side effects. But Clomid did give me mood swings and hot flashes. The mood swings were awful actually :cry:

:hi: Kat

I'm sure you will find this thread very helpful as the ladies here are very informative :)
how are you feeling? I don't know when my follow up app is yet, i'm still waiting for the letter and the FS did mention putting me on clomid. I did have a very slight bleed after the op but they did say it was quite normal. Other than that i've been testing with opks since cd10 and will continue to use them until af shows. I did have stabbing pains in my right ovary lastnight which i'm hoping is a good sign! Haven't quite got a positive test yet!

Cridge- Good luck today if your going to be testing i have my FX'd for you

Scerena- so sorry to see your out this month :hugs: your body is probably still alittle out of whack from the surgery? perhaps next cycle things will go your way

kyla- Glad to hear the antibiotics are working for you!

Just a quick question about your stitches ladies have they dissolved yet if so how long did it take? The stitches that's on my bikini line are annoying me at the mo, think i'm gunna leave it another few days then i'm going to pop into to my doctors and have them take a look coz its a little sore and red!

Hi ladies just a quick one as I'm working. But I've had no + opk's nothing today I'm cd20 and just been to loo and had light brown disccharge like I get just before af arrives also getting period pains today like she's on the way, but cd20 seems funny to me. What do you think? Hope your all ok? X

Scerena, Im so sorry the temps are playing around with you! Hope you O soon.

I was lucky on my Clomid cycles I was fine, no side effects.

Nikkia, how long has your previous cycles been?

Tella its normally bit hit miss any thing from 28-35. I'm not bleeding just the brown ish. Sorry tmi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->