anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Welcome Rocka :hi: I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

AFM > I tested my trigger out completely yesterday on 7DPO so now we just pray for a BFP on Tuesday… :wohoo: only 4 sleeps left :D Still getting cramps on and off, peeing often especially during the night.

So it is:
Bloods 1
POAS 1

Anymore votes???

Welcome rockabillygal! :hi: Hoping you recover quickly from your op. Please keep us updated on your progress, it's great to have some ladies to chat to who are going through the same things and even better when we hear someone's success.

Scerena - when are you testing?

Tella - Depends, will you be getting your blood test results the same day? If not I'd be POAS as I am impatient! :haha: So excited for you :dust:
I conceived my son (6) naturally, no meds or anything. I hadn't had an official DX of PCOS but they suspected I had it as I'd sometimes not have a period for months at at time, or at longest a year. Before TTC I dieted which restored my AF and was then about 20lbs lighter than I am now, and took Folic Acid every morning, I got caught on the first month of trying which was brilliant. Because I had not had a problem before I had high hopes for being able to get pregnant 2 years ago when we started trying.:dohh: I am older now (35) and I was 29 then but the FS said that doesn't make that much of a difference.

Thanks ladies, having sulked about it for a day or two, it probably is for the best that I wait 2-3 months for the hormones to settle down before being back on the meds. I think I was so impatient and I wanted to be given something to help me. Cridge, Snflwrgirl and MariaF you've helped me reach that conclusion, thanks! :thumbup: I do need to lose weight, but I have found it really hard lately. I'm going to go back on the South Beach Diet which worked for me last time.

I have been temping and according to FF I am on CD12 today, although my temps have been up and down quite erratically. I finish the antibiotics tomorrow, so maybe that has affected it. :dohh:

hi ladies......

Just came back from my FS appointment....:thumbup:

> I still have an irratic cycle, not regulated enough as yet.
> I still have some traces of PCOS, he said that once you have it, it never goes away 100%, we just have to manage it better...
> He did an internal scan, linning looks good.
> He said my LH seems to be on the high side permanently, that's why my OPK is always in a positive, so using it is not going to be a big help to me.
> he drew bloods today for an accurate count of my hormones, ect ........ with the amount of blood drawn i thought i was donating blood .... :wacko: :dohh:

> he wants to start IUI this cycle, not to waste anymore time. :thumbup:
> he gave me the pill (Oralcon), i gotta take the little white tablet for two weeks only, this will assist to bring on my AF,

> Then on day 3 - 7 of my cycle to start taking Clomid and Menopur, Therafter a scan, once scan is done to check the response he will advise when i will have to do the Ovidrel shot, once done the shot is done and scan is complete he will scheduel a timed IUI procedure.. :thumbup:

we sat down with the FS and discussed diffrent options and where to start first..... i felt the consultation was informative and pro-active.

so i have just popped my first pill now,,,,, the white Oralcon pill.... :coffee:

here is to the :bfp: IUI cycle.... :thumbup:

:happydance: Im so happy you gonna start your IUI cycle soon!!!!!!! Bring on that BFP for MommyMel!!!

Unfortunate that your cycles is still irratic, but luckily that doesn’t matter on IUI :D

From what I have read, the high LH is a continious symptoms of PCOS. So sorry as OPK's those help a little bit when they work.

I suppose the pill is a more suttle way of bringing on AF instead of Provera that you only take for 5 days. Did you ask him about Femara over Clomid? I can feel a March BFP coming on!!!!!!!!

Kyla, I will get them about 2-3hours after the bloods have been drawn.. The doc wrote URGENT on the bloods order.

Tella - I always vote for POAS, and not on Tuesday, but Sunday at latest :dohh::haha:

MommyMel - I am so happy you are starting IUI next cycle! Here's hoping that IUI will bring success to all of the OD girls :thumbup:

Hi everyone, just a quick message to let you all know that I am not being rude/ignorant- my nan passed away yesterday morning so my emotions are everywhere :cry:
I will try and catch up with everyone on here tomorrow and I hope that all you lovely ladies are well xx

Scerena I'm so sorry to hear that, my thought are with you and your family. X

Welcome Rocka :hi: I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

AFM > I tested my trigger out completely yesterday on 7DPO so now we just pray for a BFP on Tuesday… :wohoo: only 4 sleeps left :D Still getting cramps on and off, peeing often especially during the night.

So it is:
Bloods 1
POAS 1

Anymore votes???

Poas! :thumbup:

Oh Scerena - :hugs: I'm so sorry!! Take care hun. I hope you and your family can feel peace at this difficult time! :hug:

Maria - You're a cantaloupe!!! I can't believe it! That's a big bubba you've got in there. :winkwink:

Mommymel - I'm so glad your appointment went so well! Yay for making progress! Is the menopur an fsh/lh injection? It sounds familiar... :shrug:

Kyla - I'd love to take a look at your chart. When my hormones are out of whack, I have "rocky mountain" temps. I'm realizing that my body is getting old. It's a sad thought, huh? :haha: If only it were as easy to get pregnant the 2nd time, right? ... and that's sad that I feel like it was "easy" the first time around for me.... it took almost 4 years!

Anyway - you're going to get your bfp, but I think it is smart to hold off a few months to let your body see what it can do.

Cridge> I got a bfp on second cycle of clomid so i know it did work but i really don't believe the rest of the 12 cycles produced ovulation but my doc only checked via day 21 bloods and they seemed good but from what i read the follicle can grow but not 'pop' through the lining of the ovary so I

... cont cridge > (my laptop just had a moment and sent half a reply?! ha)... i think this is what happened then when we wet onto gonal f the follicles were growing but not to a very big size and the lining wasn't ideal (probs from all that clomid).
On the 3rd cycle of Gonal f after upping the dose every time, I ended up with an almost 30mm cyst that was growing but nothing much else so thats why my doc cancelled the treatment and arranged the OD.
I did explain to my doc that after the bfp and m/c i really didn't think i was ovulating. id previously felt the ovulation pain on the first few cycles but they know best i suppose.
So hopefully the few months break has helped my lining recover from the clomid and this op does the trick. :)

Rocka - that's exactly my theory!!! I "ovulated" on all but one cycles of Clomid before the OD. Except when I had a couple of scans to see what my follicles were doing - the first scan I had on CD12 and the lady told me I had 2 mature follicles - so to expect ovulation any day. I kept doing OPKs and they were all negative.
Then I started getting severe stomach cramps and went for another scan about 4-5 days later. The lady could still see the same follicles which now turned into massive cysts. And that same day I finally got a positive OPK. But by then the eggs inside the follicles were probably dead.

Then the same things happened a few cycles later - again, I had a scan and the doctor told me Im about to ovulate as had a folli of about 20mm (perfect size!). Except I didn;t get a positive OPK for another week or so. By then the follie was probably close to 30mm which is way too big.

So I also think that the thick capsule around the ovary means the follicles grow but then either don't burst or turn into cysts. This is because the LH surge happens too late.

So fingers crossed having that capsule burnt off by the OD will help you :thumbup:

scerena - Im so sorry about your nan :cry::hugs:

Take your time to grieve girl - don't keep it all bottled up. We are here for you :hugs:

Scerena - :hugs: I'm sorry to hear about your Nan, I hope you're coping as well as can be expected hun.

MommyMel - Yay for IUI next cycle, I have everything crossed that your BFP is just around the corner!

AFM, according to FF it's CD14 for me, and all OPKs have been negative so far this cycle. I am not 100% sure what CD I am on, since I had light spotting for a day or two, but either way it's no positive results yet. Last month was the first cycle post op and I had a 33 day cycle so I'm hoping a +OPK is around the corner! I've added my chart to my signature (I think :haha:) I would be interested in your thoughts. Cridge, I think it's a rocky mountain one! I've finished my antibiotics now so perhaps it's settling down.

Looking forward to a week of BFPs from the ladies testing this week :thumbup:

Thank you ladies :hugs:
I feel a bit better today as I have had a lot of support off oh and my family :hugs:

How is everyone doing? I havent had a chance to read through xx

Kyla - that chart looks really erratic... Do you take the temp at the same time every morning? Is there anything else that can affect it like a cold, interrupted sleep, alcohol the night before? I think hormones can cause temps to jump around a lot...but yours seem to be all over the place...

I really hope it stabilises and turns into some sort of pattern :thumbup:

Hi Scerena, :hugs: good thanks, although no sign of ovulation for me yet. How soon until you test?

Maria - yeah, I thought it was erratic, this is my first cycle temping and I know that I've been on antibiotics for the first 11 days of my cycle so perhaps that has thrown it out? :shrug: I do try to take the temp at the same time, a couple of times I've been 15-20 mins out, would that make much of a difference? I have always done it first thing when I have woken up though, before moving (except to reach for the thermometer) or speaking etc.

hi Ladies,,,,, :flower:
i hope everyone is doing great....

Cridge - i am not sure is its fsh, doc did say that i have a high count of LH in my body, he did draw blood to test the exact level, i will know those results today.... :winkwink: 3=D>

I am suppose to take Clomid day 3 - 7, Menopur on day 3 & 7, then a scan and then i will be told when to take the Ovidrel shot, then be given a day and time of the IUI to take place..... i am so so excited to start this journey ..... :happydance:3\\:D/

this morning i woke up with a very sore throat, this normaly means i am heading for a cold/flu....... would this affect my IUI procedure in any way ? :shrug:3:?:

i have been charting amy cycle days this year, my last :witch: was on the 09 Jan, i have some bloating in lower tummy area and pains in my uterus on the sides..... i wonder when :witch: is gonna show up, then i can at least start my Clomid,,,,,,,

let get this cycle going ............. :bfp: here i come !!!!

MommyMel > From what i have read in the IUI forums being a bit sick around implantation is a good thing as it lowers your body's resistance and helps the bean :D So Im almost wishing to be sick :haha:

Fx'd the :witch: shows up quickly so that you can start with the meds quickly and get that BFP!!!!

Scerena > :hug: My deepest condolences for you and your family, hope you feel better soon and that nana will send you a baby to hold.

Kyla > GL wiht the O and the temping it can be very frustrating.

AFM > 1 day to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im doing Bloods tomorrow morning. I have decided not to do any HPT's and just do everything out of the ordinary this cycle. :thumbup:

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->