anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Katy - that's what I heard too. I think it's something to do with the ovaries working extra hard when you stop suppressing them with the Pill. So best of luck.
Mucinex definitely helps with with the mucus. But you have to start taking it at least 5-6 days before ovulation and it's something like 4 times a day :wacko: Given that it tastes like crap I hated the days when I had to take it :haha:

Bumski - just 3 days left, including today :wacko: I can't wait now and just want to get it out of the way and just see what happens to my body aftewards. I getting quite excited :happydance:

2 days to go :happydance: its come round really quickly, wont be long til your in the 2ww again,
well i have now got serious amounts of ewcm, really hope ov is approaching as its been a long bloody wait :dohh:
ff has put me at 5dpo when i put this mornings temp in which is strange as it was so low, cant wait until the day we can stop all this wondering and waiting. GL for ov rest of you :thumbup:

GL Maria, its soo gonna be worth it!!

Im not really sure whether I ovulated on the cycles before the drilling - Im thinking something happened each time for me to get af each time, dont think it was 'proper' ovulation though. On my first two clomid cycles at 50mg I had borderline blood test results with a real short LP and the third cycle at 100mg showed that I def didnt ovulate and had an extremely short lp - I seemed to get worse the more clomid I took!

Im sure that I had exactly the same thing the first natural cycle after the drilling as some 'ov' action happened but I had another extremely short LP (5 days)! Even my bfp cycle (first clomid one after the op at 50mg) showed borderline ov action but that is more to do with me going for the blood test too early as my dating scan showed I ovulated a lot later than what FF predicted, to be honest I still dont understand my chart!

I did all kinds of charting and monitoring, none of it was conclusive! I've also never had a positive opk in my life & I did them religiously! Basically miracles can & will happen!!

oh Bumski its strange how you still might not have ov'd really hope you have already and your body is just playing tricks on you like mine does!! xx

Hey bumski - I had a look at your chart and am also surprised FF determined you have ov'ed already :shrug: I think you are about to ov over the next couple of days because temp dips are common around ovulation. It's somthing to do with amounts of FSH peaking and FSH coold your body temp down. Best of luck with the opk today.
But as Firefox said - opk are not everything. There's lots of people that get negatives and end up pf that cycle and the other way round. So just BD regularly and you should be fine :thumbup: Really hope you'll be in the 2ww very soon.

Firefox - Im the same. One the 5 cycles that I took stimulants I had all the ovulation signs like +ive opks, ewcm, scans showed mature follicles, etc. BUT when the Dr/nurse told me Im about to ovulate today (after a scan) every time I knew for certain I didn't ovulate for another 4-5 days because that's when I had the pains and the positive opk. By then the follicle would have been too large and I heard that in those cases the egg inside the follicle is not capable of fertilization any more.
And I think it's because of the thick ovarian capsul. So hopefully once they drill it that folliw will have more room to burst earlier :happydance:

Morning all, ok well I think I defo must have af, wasnt sure at first but only conclude that it must be! Waiting for clinic to ring me back as this will mean I can get a follie tracking scan done for this cycle now, going to feel like a total wally if I go and nothings happened if it wasnt my af though lol x

hope its af for you then hun, when are you counting as cd1?
you will know by time you have scan anyway because af will have finished.
oh gl with this cycle :happydance:

bumski

I think I should prob count d1 as hmmm I dont know actually lol, poss Tues to be on the safe side, Im guessing it just must be as its proper and heavy if you get me but then again never had a lap before so wouldnt know what was normal there either lol xxx

Bumski

Whereabouts are you in your cycle at mo xx

Hmm well clinic dont want me in this month, they want my ovaries to settle down first....??? Not sure what difference that makes but hey ho, did ask why id had it because everything ive read suggests its only done with pcos which I dont have do i?? She said my blood results didnt suggest I did so I asked what did he mean about enlarged ovaries then and do the drilling? He had put down they were bulky? Well why then?? Was it the clomid use or what?? Didnt really get a answer, I actually think they dont know!!

Not much help to me, have I got pcos or not! How can I not get a totally straight answer or even a "we dont know" from the clinic or do they not want to admit that they have missed it and I should of had a baseline scan at least before putting me on clomid last year!! Grrr really frustrating as still dont feel Ive got the answers

The nurse didnt seem keen on my going for iui either yet, I did say im a bit worried about it as if I overstimmed on clomid which is very rare then obviously that fear is definately going to be there with the injectables! She was very keen for me to just ttc naturally as its a expensive procedure so in one way being nice and trying to save me money maybe but then in the other way I dont think they are sure of which way to go with me

So anyway long rant over and heres to hoping that the od will do its job before I have to worry about the next step!

xxx

Hi guys got oh sa results later today and as long as he is ok I have my lap dye and od on the 19th of April can't wait pls god let oh be ok!!!

torilou - how long has it been since the op now? How are you feeling? Are you doing OPK cheapies to see if you're ovulating?

I can imagine how frustrating it is when the Dr's can't give you a straight answer. It happened to me with the previous giny. I remember feeling so helpless and confused. Thank goodness I had Google and BnB girls to ask for advice but that's not right! Doctors should be the ones who know best....

Kaz - finger crossed for good news! Can't wait to hear that all is fine!!!

AFM - Just 1 days to go!!! It still seems unreal - it has come round very quickly. Im still not ready actually....it doesn't feel real :wacko:

MariaF

You will be fine hun!! Im so glad I had mine done now, Im feeling fine now thank you hun, prob shuldnt of been picking stitches out tues night but doesnt seem to of hurt anything lol, its now 10 days since the op and I would say near enough back to normal to be honest, no im not doing opk's yet as currently on what I can only guess is my af so will prob start them next week sometime hopefully!! :) xx

kazza

Good luck with the results xx

Hi ladies, CONGRATS TO ALL THE BFPs. i am Keisha & i had Laparoscopy Ovarian Drilling Aug. 18, 2010. I realised that a couple of ladies had this surgery the same day like me. I am on my 5dpo of my 5th cycle since my surgery. I am very hope that i will get my BFP soon. The surgery for me wasn't bad & i returned to work a week later.

Hi ladies, CONGRATS TO ALL THE BFPs. i am Keisha & i had Laparoscopy Ovarian Drilling Aug. 18, 2010. I realised that a couple of ladies had this surgery the same day like me. I am on my 5dpo of my 5th cycle since my surgery. I am very hopeful that i will get my BFP soon. The surgery for me wasn't bad & i returned to work a week later.
GL ladies!!!

I was doing a research yesterday on Pregnancy after Laparoscopy Ovarian Drilling & i found this thread. I found it very interesting so i decided to sign up & join you guys. It is so nice to share thought & experiences with persons who are in the same situation.

Well I had my fs app and asked for od he has agreed and I'm gettin referred at my next visit in about 3 weeks yay xx

oh there is going to be loads of us now to share our experiences with OD, welcome keisha :flower: hope you will be lucky with the OD, xx

kazza, thats great news you have a date set, keeping everything crossed OHs results come back good :thumbup:

yay for getting reffered soon keepsmiling, like maria, i bet it will come round in no time :thumbup:

maria, will be thinking of you hun when you go in for OD, and hope you have a nice easy recovery, enjoy relaxing for a few days hun :sleep: x

tori, that sounds so familiar, drs not having straight answers for you, i sometimes wonder how they got to where they are, hopefully you wont need iui anyway, there is a few OD graduates already from this thread, sure we will all get there :winkwink:

afm - still waiting, def going au naturel next month, clomid has just messed me up this time, silly me :blush:

Hi Girls

Bad news OH SA came back low. Luckly he has some but still low. They have put my op on hold and put me on provera and clomid whislt they do a second SA on OH and try and get me ovulating. Im distraught!

Now im thinking - whats the point in being on clomid if i dont even no if my tubes are blocked and stuff!

Bumski - hows you doing?

Maria good luck for sat!

Good luck everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back