anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Kyla- thanks :hugs:

Snwflwrgrl- tanner is absolutely gorgeous! Well done mummy he is such a credit to you!

Snflwfrl - he is beautiful and so tiny! Well done Mummy!

Keisha - sorry about the cyst but I'm loving your attitude! Indeed enjoy your time with DH and have a drink on me :winkwink:

Miracle - where are you going on holidays? Sounds like somewhere in the US/Caribbean?

Scerena - we are fine, thank you. I'm finding very little time for the internet now :wacko:

I can't believe how quickly your pregnancies are going, Kyla, Cridge and MommyMel!!!

We completely understand being a mummy must be very time consuming :) glad you are both well :hugs:

Keisha - I love your attitude! It's important to enjoy what you have even when you're hoping for more.

Snflwrgrl - Tanner is adorable! Cute little round face - I love it! Congrats!!

hi ladies,

how is everyone doing?
not much to report, other than just nauseas and tired all over again,,,,,,, i love being preggies...lol:thumbup:

:hugs: to all......

Congratulations snflwrgr on the arrival of tanner.

Miracle how did you concieve first time with your daughter?

Hi well long journey...trying for 5 years but in end after losing 4 1/2 stone and getting my prescription for Clomid I found out I had conceived naturally on possibly the only month I had ovulated in nearly 9 years....miracle baby. :flower:

Snflwrgrl - Awwww! I'm melting! What a gorgeous baby and such a lovely name.

Keisha - Sorry IUI got cancelled, enjoy your month off :hugs:

Miracle - Thanks :hugs: Ginger biscuits are the best! It's just a matter of time before you get your BFP. If I remember rightly, you don't have a high BMI right? Have you tried any insulin lowering eating plans? Like low carb etc? A lot of PCOS ladies respond well to these kinds of diets, even if they are not overweight and there are ladies on here who advocate giving them a go.

MommyMel - :happydance: it's amazing isn't it! Waiting so long and finally it happens. I can't wait for the other ladies to join us.

Scerena - Thanks hun, hope your relaxed cycle helps recharge you :hugs:

unfortunately i didn't have too high a bMI but in the last few months after op and feeling so down I ahve put lots of weight back on so that is my focus now - lose weight,

Keisha - sorry about the cyst but I'm loving your attitude! Indeed enjoy your time with DH and have a drink on me :winkwink:

Miracle - where are you going on holidays? Sounds like somewhere in the US/Caribbean?

Scerena - we are fine, thank you. I'm finding very little time for the internet now :wacko:

I can't believe how quickly your pregnancies are going, Kyla, Cridge and MommyMel!!!

Hey! i wish - no we are off to Kos, Greece. Long time to wait but nice to have something other than a BFP to look forward to.

Well hubby and I spoke yesterday r.e. next steps.
We have done 10 months of clomid and now had the OD op and no idea if things have changed. We discussed what we would do if this doewns't work as I stil haven;t heard from consultant...since op.
Well we have decided that the OD was the last thing I think. Of course i am a woman so I may change my mind. We had already decided we would't go for IVF as we cant really afford it and not entitled to it anyway. And my area have said i would have to pay for injections as well...we don' wsnt to put any more clomid into my body as it sent me crazy...
so just coming to realisation that perhaps now it is up to fate and God as to whether we are blessed with another miracle...gonna focus on losing weight, destressing and maybe having a few more reflexology/accupuncture sessions.
We shall see..
Hope everyone else is okay
Snflkgirl - gorgeous piccie of your new baby boy Tanner. Congrats. xxx

Hi everyone x

Miracle, hun you so deserve a BFP and I so hope that you get one very soon, I'm sending you over some special baby dust xxx We have sort of discussed the same thing as you and your OH, OD is my last route too, I dont want to go down the line of IVF, just praying this works x

Kyla, Cridge & MommyMel, aw it makes me smile everytime I read pregnant! x

Hope everyone else is doing well??

Me, I'm CD11 today, I'm healing well, still a bit sore on the left side where one of the wounds is, its still a bit bruised but other than that I'm ok, my stitches though havent dissolved yet and the wound at my belly button the wee scab came off a bit and I can see stiches behind it, should I worry? How long did it take your stiches to go?

Can I also ask how long it was before you BD after op? I feel mostly ok and of course am keen to get going in this cycle too :winkwink: but I'm a bit nervous too!

Cullen - i cant remember about stitches anymore but igot my first positive opk on day 12 after the op so weBDed then. Are you doing opks?

Mommymel- love seeing you pregnant :happydance:

Miracle- I hope you get your natural :bfp:

Cullen- glad to hear you are healing a bit, I wouldn't worry about stitches yet I had to almost wipe mins away whilst cleaning the sites...
As for bd, do it when you are comfortable to... I bd in my fertile window that same cycle as I had my OD done the beginning of my cycle, my advice is whenever you are comfortable to :)

Cridge- just over 13 weeks to go :) exciting!

Hi everyone x Miracle, hun you so deserve a BFP and I so hope that you get one very soon, I'm sending you over some special baby dust xxx We have sort of discussed the same thing as you and your OH, OD is my last route too, I dont want to go down the line of IVF, just praying this works x Kyla, Cridge & MommyMel, aw it makes me smile everytime I read pregnant! x Hope everyone else is doing well?? Me, I'm CD11 today, I'm healing well, still a bit sore on the left side where one of the wounds is, its still a bit bruised but other than that I'm ok, my stitches though havent dissolved yet and the wound at my belly button the wee scab came off a bit and I can see stiches behind it, should I worry? How long did it take your stiches to go? Can I also ask how long it was before you BD after op? I feel mostly ok and of course am keen to get going in this cycle too :winkwink: but I'm a bit nervous too!

Hey Cullen - yeah we feel the same r.e. IVF just can't afford it and to be hoenst my nerves couldn't handle it. Need to chill more and relax as feeling so stressed out and unhappy at the moment. I don't think it is anythign to worry about seeing stictches. They always freaked me out a little wasn't good with my c-section scar either. lol! We started trying that cycle...so about 12 days after op it was a little uncomfortable but tried to be gentle. Unfortunately it didn't work but here's hoping soon. xxx

Mommymel- love seeing you pregnant :happydance: Miracle- I hope you get your natural :bfp: Cullen- glad to hear you are healing a bit, I wouldn't worry about stitches yet I had to almost wipe mins away whilst cleaning the sites... As for bd, do it when you are comfortable to... I bd in my fertile window that same cycle as I had my OD done the beginning of my cycle, my advice is whenever you are comfortable to :) Cridge- just over 13 weeks to go :) exciting!

Thanks Scerena. xxx

Miracle - I remember after my op, I had a feeling of hopelessness and as if it would never happen for us again. :hugs: I think it's really unfair that you've not heard from your consultant, I do think it's reasonable now to make a fuss. The thing about OD is that even ladies who do not ovulate after naturally often DO respond to meds. You have the option of Letrozole as I also did to go at yet and you may even respond to Clomid now. I had 8 cycles of Clomid, hit and miss ovulation, and I didn't fancy trying more.
Taking a relaxed approach about it is a good idea. :thumbup: Can you make an appointment with your GP and explain you're getting stressed that you haven't heard (even if you're not so stressed). Can I suggest trying two weeks on the South Beach Diet? I gave it a go in the lead up to conceiving my first, and I think it helped as after years of dodgy cycles, I got pregnant right away. It's really very good at lowering insulin, and while it takes a bit of working at, I think if you've got time over the summer, it's a good chance to lose weight. They say you will lose weight in those 14 days, up to 14lbs. The holiday to look forward to (and maybe cancel!) is a great idea.

Cullen - Aw thanks :friends: I think we dtd about 2 weeks after the op, as Scerena says, it depends when you feel comfortable. All my stitches etc were out in about a month. I did get an infection in the belly button one so that took longer, wouldn't worry about seeing the stitches. :thumbup:

Maria - It's amazing how little time new Mums have. No-one can fully prepare you for it! Is Sophia smiling yet? I remember hearing DS first ever giggle, it melted my heart!

MommyMel - :happydance: I'm so happy for you!! Past 9 weeks already.:cloud9:

Ladies - I really hope when I come back from my hols there are lots more BFPs on here. I'll be popping online to check and I'm sending lots of dust your way
:dust:

hi ladies,

how is everyone doing?
not much to report, other than just nauseas and tired all over again,,,,,,, i love being preggies...lol:thumbup:

:hugs: to all......

Cant believe Sophia is a month old already its crazy how time is flying by!!!

Well hubby and I spoke yesterday r.e. next steps.
We have done 10 months of clomid and now had the OD op and no idea if things have changed. We discussed what we would do if this doewns't work as I stil haven;t heard from consultant...since op.
Well we have decided that the OD was the last thing I think. Of course i am a woman so I may change my mind. We had already decided we would't go for IVF as we cant really afford it and not entitled to it anyway. And my area have said i would have to pay for injections as well...we don' wsnt to put any more clomid into my body as it sent me crazy...
so just coming to realisation that perhaps now it is up to fate and God as to whether we are blessed with another miracle...gonna focus on losing weight, destressing and maybe having a few more reflexology/accupuncture sessions.
We shall see..
Hope everyone else is okay
Snflkgirl - gorgeous piccie of your new baby boy Tanner. Congrats. xxx

I would say try and follow up with your consultant and consider Femara it is a lot better than clomid. But taking a break to lose that weight, and destress might just be what you need. Look at MommyMel, the break was all she needed and that was 1 year after OD so dont give up :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing well??

Me, I'm CD11 today, I'm healing well, still a bit sore on the left side where one of the wounds is, its still a bit bruised but other than that I'm ok, my stitches though havent dissolved yet and the wound at my belly button the wee scab came off a bit and I can see stiches behind it, should I worry? How long did it take your stiches to go?

Can I also ask how long it was before you BD after op? I feel mostly ok and of course am keen to get going in this cycle too :winkwink: but I'm a bit nervous too!

We also BD'd about 8-10days after OD, doc said after my stitches came out we could bd but that was like a week after OD.

Miracle - I remember after my op, I had a feeling of hopelessness and as if it would never happen for us again. :hugs: I think it's really unfair that you've not heard from your consultant, I do think it's reasonable now to make a fuss. The thing about OD is that even ladies who do not ovulate after naturally often DO respond to meds. You have the option of Letrozole as I also did to go at yet and you may even respond to Clomid now. I had 8 cycles of Clomid, hit and miss ovulation, and I didn't fancy trying more.
Taking a relaxed approach about it is a good idea. :thumbup: Can you make an appointment with your GP and explain you're getting stressed that you haven't heard (even if you're not so stressed). Can I suggest trying two weeks on the South Beach Diet? I gave it a go in the lead up to conceiving my first, and I think it helped as after years of dodgy cycles, I got pregnant right away. It's really very good at lowering insulin, and while it takes a bit of working at, I think if you've got time over the summer, it's a good chance to lose weight. They say you will lose weight in those 14 days, up to 14lbs. The holiday to look forward to (and maybe cancel!) is a great idea.

Cullen - Aw thanks :friends: I think we dtd about 2 weeks after the op, as Scerena says, it depends when you feel comfortable. All my stitches etc were out in about a month. I did get an infection in the belly button one so that took longer, wouldn't worry about seeing the stitches. :thumbup:

Maria - It's amazing how little time new Mums have. No-one can fully prepare you for it! Is Sophia smiling yet? I remember hearing DS first ever giggle, it melted my heart!

MommyMel - :happydance: I'm so happy for you!! Past 9 weeks already.:cloud9:

Ladies - I really hope when I come back from my hols there are lots more BFPs on here. I'll be popping online to check and I'm sending lots of dust your way
:dust:

Enjoy your holiday!!! Hope we have a few more to annoucne. GL with the flying :hugs:

thanks ladies, time is going by quickly...... i am battling to find clothing that fits, especially my pants..:haha:
cant wait for summer, i have so many long beautiful dresses, going to be easy getting dressed in the morning then.:happydance:

have a fab day ladies....:hugs:

I have an updated bump pic on the last page of my journal for those that would like to see my growing belly. :haha:

I hope everyone is doing well! It seems to be quiet around here....but I've been hit and miss with checking, so maybe it's just me.

hi Cridge just checked out your bump piccie - lovely bump/. You are obviously one of those sickening people who are all bump. LOL!!!!:haha:

AFM - been quiet cos feeling quite despondant about it all really. Starting to come round to the idea that perhaps it won't happen now. We haven't tried at allthis month cos of hubby's shifts and Poppy and I are heading to caravan while he works (he is a policeman and he cannot have time off cos of the Olympics).

Oh well. Maybe jjust relax this month. Time my cycle and see next month.
Trying to focus on losing weight at the monment and getting house finished...loads of decorating being done at moment...arrgghh!!!

Miracle – hang in there and get out in the sunshine! My friend reminded me that my hormones are way out of wack and that I may feel really low and out of it for quite some time. I imagine that in addition to it sometimes all feeling like too much and getting you down, your hormones are probably contributing to how you are feeling. There are days I want to hide under my duvet all day long and cry, you are not alone my dear...try to enjoy the holiday!

Well I am back at work (went back Monday) and have been so exhausted at the end of every day that haven’t updated since the day after the op.

The recovery took a little longer than I had expected. I had the stitches out 5 days after. I had 3 small incisions but I guess was pretty bruised up internally as I cramped for at least 7 days and still get slightly crampy sometimes if I push myself too hard two weeks later. I am still not 100% but I am getting there. I had some very light spotting the first day or so after the op and then nothing after that until about day 10 when I had spotting for one day and then nothing. Hopefully AF will come soon. I never ovulated on my own before but keep getting funny pains around the ovary area so am hoping it is my body trying to do things! Fingers crossed it is. We BD’d one week after the OD. I was still quite sore but felt so anxious to try so it was quite gentle (sorry if tmi :blush:)! Since then, I have no idea how often we should try considering I haven’t gotten AF and never ovulated before (that I know of). I guess we will every couple days.

I am also eating really healthfully (low GI) and generally just tons of fresh veggies and fruit and am going to start acupuncture soon. Now, I just need to concentrate on keeping my stress levels low at work – my job is sooo stressful!

Sending lots of warm wishes and baby dust to all the lovely ladies on here! :dust: xoxoxo

Oh Miracle - you are TOO kind!! I'm in the "cute" stage, but it's definitely not all baby. I'm much bigger this time around than I was with my son, which I *was* all baby. But you made me feel very good so thanks!!

If dh is working a lot and stressed, maybe the way to go is a relaxed cycle this time around. No reason to stress yourself out, and sometimes taking a short break is just what you need. Have fun decorating your house and not worrying about things. :hugs:

Sunny Monkey - Try to continue to rest as much as possible so you can heal properly. Sorry it's been rough. :hugs: I loved acupuncture so have fun with it!

Hi lovely ladies, sorry I haven't posted for a while, I've still been keeping up to date with everyones posts.

Just a quick update, CD20 today and I have ovulated! It's a miracle! So the clomid 100mg worked!

I started getting ewcm and some cramps and then my Fertility monitor showed high for the first time ever! I then got a peak reading the day after along with pos opk! I'm so happy! I'm in the 2ww for the third time ever!

I also had my day 3 hormones done and my lh and fsh are now the same instead of lh being higher. So it seems like the od did good!

To the ladies who just had od and had dissolvable stitches, mine took about 2 months to go! I also felt very disheartened afterwards, but it does have a positive effect on all of us in one way or another.

Mommymel, Kyla, Cridge, hope you and your bumps are doing well.

Hello to everyone else! X

can someone please give me tips for nausea.... :dohh:
i have tried Ginger buscuts, ginger beer, preggie pops and fruit..... seems to work for a little while.... but sleep does wonders... :haha:

LPEAR - so great to hear that you have ovulated and the monitor picked it up :thumbup: I remember having my hormones checked about a month and 6 months after the op anf lh:fsh ratio imrpoved a lot over time! My testosterone went down too! Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing for ovulation!

Miracle - sorry you aren't feeling positive and didn't have much chance to try ::ugs: there are a couple of policeman Dads in our nct group and they don't see their babies much these days because of the games :nope: Will your dh be involved with the paralympics too?

MommyMel - sorry hun, no advice on ms as I was lucky to only get mild one. I hope it gets better for you soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->