anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Theres nothing I want more than my BFP, but I guess I should let this first cycle play through and see if the OD worked? I have seen where some women have gotten their BFPs 2 weeks after OD... is it really possible to get preg this cycle? The doc took pics while he was in there and I have them if anyone wants to see :p but some might think it is icky!

BLucky - it IS possible to get your bfp this cycle, but as I discovered, and have learned from so many women on this thread, the first cycle after OD is the toughest because you're expecting so much from your body. Try to just let the op do it's thing and don't get discouraged if it takes a few months for your body to catch up.

I got some pics from my op too - super cool! I'd love to see yours if you want to share.

Share your pics please ladies I didn't get any :haha: I should request a copy :)

Kyla- thanks hun :hugs: hope your enjoying your hols???
Glad you felt your baby how special that moment must have been :)

Cridge- how's things going hun real good I hope??

Blucky- Yes I'd count surgery as cd1 only reason I didn't is because I was cd3ish when I had my op, gl gun :hugs:

Here are a few of the pictures that my doc took! One is my ovary after the drilling (obviously) and the other is a pic of the ovary with a follicle... which no US has ever picked up before.

Attachments

• drilledovary1.jpg
    drilledovary1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 13
  • follicle1.jpg
    follicle1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 18
BLucky - it IS possible to get your bfp this cycle, but as I discovered, and have learned from so many women on this thread, the first cycle after OD is the toughest because you're expecting so much from your body. Try to just let the op do it's thing and don't get discouraged if it takes a few months for your body to catch up.

I got some pics from my op too - super cool! I'd love to see yours if you want to share.

Yea I am not planning on hardcore trying this month, just going to :sex: for fun... casually every other day haha... my DH will be out of town from Mon-Fri and if my OD counts as CD1 then hopefully I will have a +opk the day or day after he comes home and we will want to BD anyway :p

Today is day 3 after the OD and I am FINALLY feeling half decent... yesterday was pretty brutal and the raising gas in my shoulder was definitely the most painful part, but today is WAY better :thumbup:

Before my OD I didnt have AF for 4ish months (before that it was induced) and I decided to use progesterone cream at the end of July and surprisingly got AF the 2nd of Aug... during the surgery (you can see the pics) there was a follicle which was around the time I would have Od (in theory)... so is it possible that I was going to have a normal cycle before the OD? I never had a folli before during an US.....so many ?s sorry! Cant wait to meet with my FS on Thursday!

Great pics!! That is crazy that you had a follie. Hopefully the surgery didn't mess with a possible ovulation! Glad you're starting to feel better already!

Scerena - things are going well! Thanks! :hugs:

Mommymel - I saw your peanut on FB... post a pic here please! :)

Bucky- wow it's crazy what our insides look like! Gl hun :dust:

Cridge- glad things are all good hunni :)

Mommymel- yes please post a pic here I'm not on Facebook :hugs:

Afm- still no af :( just waiting waiting waiting...

What CD are you on Scerena?

ppl werent kidding when they said all of this gas was uncomfortable... thats an understatement! It comes and goes throughout the day but overall I am keeping positive. AF did decide to come on though light after the OD, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed for a + opk.

GL to u scerena during your wait... fingers crossed for u.

Bucky- cd37 :( I think cos of all the hormones form the injections I had last cycle and now none on this natural one my body is confused :shrug:

Have you tried the peppermint tea for the gas pains? Hope they ease up soon :hugs: fx'd for a opk soon hun :)

My last cycle before the OD was about 130 days...After I scheduled the procedure the doc didnt want to do anything to get things kick started... im really hoping for a decent cycle this time, I will def keep yall posted. I havnt tried the peppermint tea but I think I am feeling better today (so far anyways) and I am going to go back to work tomorrow.
I am taking my DH to the airport to fly out later and I really dont wanna see him go :(

Had my follow up with the RE today... he was not much help. Turns out the "follicle" i thought I had was a fibroid, and he also said to call him in a few months for further treatment. My heart sank. A few months?? Ugh this cant be happening.

My fs said 6 months naturally but I managed to see another fs who gave me meds! But I think 6 months is the time they give to let your body work naturally :hugs:

I don't know why they did not start you on meds now for the fybroid though? Can you not see another re?

Sorry you have been left like that I would complain hun :hugs:

Hi All,

Hello all the way from Singapore, Asia. I gather so much valuable reads from what you guys have posted. Much appreciated to have stumbled upon this site.

I have been TTC since we have gotten married 3 years ago. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001 and AF has not been regular. sometimes going MIA for 9 months and recently, I have to be induced before AF could come.

I did my OD end of July 2012 (it was painful initially) and I had a few spotting a few days later but that's it. Am trying it naturally for now but I think I might need to induce AF and be put on clomide again.

The pressure of hoping that your body is going to be "back to normal" after OD is so pressurizing. :(

I'll be meeting my gynae mid September for the medications. Hopefully it works.

:hi: Ola_tini welcome :)

Sorry your of was painful :hugs:

We can all sympathise with af going MIA for months :)

Hope the OD regulates your cycles :)

Not long now and hopefully your af can be induced and you get some clomid :) what cd are you on?

blucky - what do they do for fibroids? I thought they surgically removed them... but he didn't do that during your OD??

Welcome ola_tini! :hi: It's true - the first month or two after OD are the hardest because you're expecting so much from your body. You want results "now!". Hopefully your body will respond better to the clomid now that you've had the OD. GL!

Welcome ola!

Cridge, I dont know if he removed it or not... I would assume that he did since that pic was a "before" pic... I talked to my DH and we might see another RE. Mine was just rude yesterday and I was crying when I left his office... and I am not really a cryer generally!
I am going to wait a few weeks... school starts back monday for me and im working so im going to try to stay busy and take my mind off of it. (ha that would be a miracle)... I am just going to keep my fx and wait a few weeks. I am going to focus on losing some weight too, although I dont need to lose much.

Hi girls

Welcome Ola and Blucky, great to have you in the thread.

Blucky, I felt so down after the od, I ovulated on my own 17 days after but then didn't on the second cycle. I was devastated. I then did 50mg of clomid and I didn't ov, but I have ov'd on 100mg this time. I really do think it takes our bodies a few months to get going again after the od.

Scerena - went to Southampton hospital on Thursday. Was in the outpatients department. Is the clinic in a separate place?

Afm - cd6 today so unfortunately bfn. Am doing clomid days 4-8 as that worked last month. The doctors want me to do another 6 months of clomid now I've ov'd on it, then onto injectables if I'm not pregnant, I really hope clomid is my wonder drug. It doesn't seem to thin my lining or dry me up so it seems positive.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Be good to have some more bfps in the next few weeks. Xxx

LPEAR- Yes the clinic- complete fertility is on G level but the same building :) Who did you see there???
So you was in the outpatients part where they inconsiderately have all the pregnant ladies getting their scans!

Sounds as if the clomid is working so hopefully not long until your bfp :) Are you officially with the southampton clinic now?

Blucky- sorry you fs upset you I changed mine so I would change yours if you are not happy :hugs:

:hi: Welcome Ola! :flower: I hope you're feeling better now, good luck for your September appointment. I also understand the wanting immediate results, hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

LPEAR - Sorry you're on a new cycle, but really pleased that Clomid is working for you. Fingers crossed for this cycle :hugs:

How is everyone?

scerena- my dh and I are talking about switching... I think we are going to wait til the first full visit from af.

On a lighter note, my opk is looking good right? it is the darkest I have ever had, although I know not quite positive...ive only been charting for 4 days so I dont think my temp is very helpful yet...

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member