anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Everything crossed for you on Monday Keisha bless get you will get your bfp :)
Cullen I no how u feel just doesnt feel like I ever gonna see a bfp i always get my hopes up then af shows up im on day 43 and nothing it's really gettig me down to be honest every where I look there's pregnant people and everyone keeps saying u will have a baby next because I've just got married if only they new !!! Anyways we should try think positive easier said then done . Hope your ok xx

Hi Keisha - Just wishing you good luck for your test tomorrow, I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

:dust:

Hi ladies,
I have been reading through this thread, learning about some different experiences with od. Firstly i would like to congratulate those who have got their bfp! :happydance: i wish you a very h&h nine months!
I was wondering if anyone has had any success after ovarian drilling as the first line of treatment for pcos? any info i can find online involves clomid being tried first or with od :wacko: . I was diagnosed at the end of october and had the op a few days ago. (lap & dye all clear) I was offered the op as the first line of treatment instead of clomid as my bmi is 18. I have been told to see how i go with just the od on its own and then can try clomid if no success.
Also how long after op did you ovulate or get af?

Hi everyone x

Henry97 welcome hun, hope your stay here is short in the best possible way :) I suppose you could say that the od was my first line of treatment for the pcos too, I havent been put on any meds because I am ov'ing on my own, just havent managed to get that BFP. I had my first period 2 days after the op, the first full cycle was about 35 days so not so bad, good luck x

Keisha, any news hun?

BridetoBe, any more news? Keep me posted, were on a similar position!

Me, well its now CD40 and still nothing, still having a few AF cramps and boobs still ache and back sore and no spotting since CD29, going to wait until the end of the week to test, still have myself convinced that its not good news anyway :(

Hi ladies,
I have been reading through this thread, learning about some different experiences with od. Firstly i would like to congratulate those who have got their bfp! :happydance: i wish you a very h&h nine months!
I was wondering if anyone has had any success after ovarian drilling as the first line of treatment for pcos? any info i can find online involves clomid being tried first or with od :wacko: . I was diagnosed at the end of october and had the op a few days ago. (lap & dye all clear) I was offered the op as the first line of treatment instead of clomid as my bmi is 18. I have been told to see how i go with just the od on its own and then can try clomid if no success.
Also how long after op did you ovulate or get af?

:hi: and welcome :flower:
Hope you are recovering well from your op. I had my op done in December last year, and my baby is due in February. Prior to the op, we had been LTTTC for 2 years, I have PCOS with annovulatory cycles, sometimes no period for months.
The op restored my periods and although I didn't ovulate on my own, it helped my body respond to medication which made me ovulate and I got pregnant the first month of trying Femara/Letrozole. Clomid before the op did make me ovulate sometimes so when I was given the option of either Clomid or Femara I went for the latter for a change.
Do you chart your temperatures currently? I'd suggest giving it a go if you don't as it helped me and many others understand their cycles better.
It IS possible to get pregnant relatively quickly after OD, as we have seen recently with a couple of ladies, but others take longer. The key is patience (hard to do I know!) as our bodies take time to recover and hormones settle down.
Hope you'll be a regular poster on here, you'll get some good replies. Good luck with your journey :hugs:

:hi: and welcome :flower:
Hope you are recovering well from your op. I had my op done in December last year, and my baby is due in February. Prior to the op, we had been LTTTC for 2 years, I have PCOS with annovulatory cycles, sometimes no period for months.
The op restored my periods and although I didn't ovulate on my own, it helped my body respond to medication which made me ovulate and I got pregnant the first month of trying Femara/Letrozole. Clomid before the op did make me ovulate sometimes so when I was given the option of either Clomid or Femara I went for the latter for a change.
Do you chart your temperatures currently? I'd suggest giving it a go if you don't as it helped me and many others understand their cycles better.
It IS possible to get pregnant relatively quickly after OD, as we have seen recently with a couple of ladies, but others take longer. The key is patience (hard to do I know!) as our bodies take time to recover and hormones settle down.
Hope you'll be a regular poster on here, you'll get some good replies. Good luck with your journey :hugs:[/QUOTE]

thanks for sharing your experience. getting on ok after op just pretty tender! I dont currently chart but thinking i will give it a go. Your so right, i just need to be patient - not a strength of mine :dohh:
thank you for welcoming me to your thread :flower:

Henry I am very impatient too... lucky for me I got my BFP on the second cycle. Good luck hun and welcome! Hope that you have a speedy recovery!

Hi ladies,
Tested and BFN, so i will be doing my 3rd and final IUI, this cycle, today is also cd1. We will be moving to IVF after this cycle if no BFP. OMG these procedures are so expensive and we pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING!!! Only doing 1 IVF, that is all we can afford, after that our TTC Journey is over. Thanks for all the best wishes, i really appreciate them!

Aw Keisha really sorry hun, fingers crossed for this next cycle for you, sending positive vibes and loads of babydust your way xx

Its not looking all that positive for me this morning either, have still cramping and it just feels like AF is on her way, looks like I'm going to need that appointment at the fertility clinic next month, really was starting to get my hopes up too, typical! I'll let you all know when its official x

Oh Keisha I'm so sorry :hugs: I admire your resilience and determination. You know you can get pregnant so I have everything crossed you will get your BFp and a 2013 take home baby!!!

Cullen - you are not out till af shows! I can't believe you haven't tested yet! I was cranky through till about 7 weeks!

Hi ladies,
Tested and BFN, so i will be doing my 3rd and final IUI, this cycle, today is also cd1. We will be moving to IVF after this cycle if no BFP. OMG these procedures are so expensive and we pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING!!! Only doing 1 IVF, that is all we can afford, after that our TTC Journey is over. Thanks for all the best wishes, i really appreciate them!

Sorry girl :hugs: Wish i could change things for all of us or atleast let the insurance companies see that infertility is a "desease" and we need assistance.

Im gonna be doing anohter round of IUI's but with Intralipids on day of IUI and if bfp every week till 10 weeks. Maybe you should ask your FS if you can add it to your last IUI maybe it will help you get that forever baby! :hug:

Aw Keisha really sorry hun, fingers crossed for this next cycle for you, sending positive vibes and loads of babydust your way xx

Its not looking all that positive for me this morning either, have still cramping and it just feels like AF is on her way, looks like I'm going to need that appointment at the fertility clinic next month, really was starting to get my hopes up too, typical! I'll let you all know when its official x

Like Maria said it aint over till she shows her ugly face. I also cant belief you havent tested yet. Didnt you do IUI as well?

Oh Keisha I'm so sorry :hugs: I admire your resilience and determination. You know you can get pregnant so I have everything crossed you will get your BFp and a 2013 take home baby!!!

Cullen - you are not out till af shows! I can't believe you haven't tested yet! I was cranky through till about 7 weeks!

Wow cant believe Sophia is 20weeks old already. Do you guys have anything special planned for her for her 1st Christmas?

AFM > CD5, on Vitex so hoping it will let me O earlier and stronger. Last month was a 36day cycle which isnt to bad.

I also spoke to my fertility nurse, we gona do another round or two of IUI's in the new year with intralipids. Seeing that even with beautiful embies i still dont get preggies, maybe the intralipids will help with the implantation and work so that i dont need to do anymore IVF's. Its only like 50 pounds more per cycle but if you get your bfp it is every week till 10 weeks but that is fine, will still be far less than an IVF. Still gonna do a Endometrial biopsy and hysteroscopy first though.

Keisha - :hugs: So sorry. Third time lucky I say!! Good luck for your new cycle, wishing you a Christmas BFP! :xmas9:

Cullen - I agree with Maria!! But at least you have a plan! :flower:

Henry - Charting is a great way of understanding what's going on. Also keeping an eye on Cervical Mucus, to see if you're getting any egg white mucus. Fertility Friend is a great place for charting, and if you post a link to your chart in your signature, other ladies on here can help you interpret your results. I started charting after the op. Are you taking any multivitamins to help you conceive? I took Pregnacare Conception and DH took Wellman Conception. We also used Preseed which I believed helped contribute towards my bfp. Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks girls for the support, think it must be that Irish stubborness in me lol, the way I figured is that if nothing showed I was still in with a chance, I'm that convinced that its not good news, at least this way I hope on to a little bit of hope, even if it is getting smaller by the day. I just dont feel good today at all, didnt sleep well last night, my head is killing me and I still have cramps but still no spotting. I will test on Thursday if there is nothing by then, that would have been 2 weeks after the initial one day spotting I had, though I really dont think I will need it :(

Tella, no hun I'm still au natural me, had the od done in July and have my first fertility clinic app scheduled for next month x

Sorry af got u Keisha hopefully third time lucky and you get a bfp for Christmas xx
Cullen still haven't tested must be an Irish thing not wanting to test I might wait until Saturday to test if I don't get af before then that will be 50 days I never have a cycle that long ! Don't feel any different so I no I'm not pregnant what are we like

Change of plans, i will be taking a break from TTC until January 2013. Hubby has also started his meds for his Autoimmune Hepatitis so we are unable to TTC naturally because his meds will cause birth defects. We had his swimmers frozen, so in January we will do our 3rd IUI with his frozen swimmers.
It will be good for us to take a little break, this will be our first break ATTC from 2009!!!

Hi Keisha - Sorry to hear about your hubby, hope his treatment goes well. :hugs: A break may just be thing to take the focus and stress off ltttc and recharge your batteries ready for January. New year - new hope. :thumbup:

Henry - Just wondering if your doctors have advised you to try and up your BMI from 18 at all? I've read quite a few threads on different websites about ladies who have low BMIs increasing them to around 20 and this making a difference with ovulation and regular periods. I'm a high BMI PCOSer so rather jealous of the lean PCOSers, but I have read that ovulation with both low and high BMIs can be improved with changes to weight. It might be something to investigate if you haven't already?
Hope you are continuing to recover well. :flower:

Hi Kyla, sorry hubby took the laptop to work so never managed to type a reply re temping. Ive decided to give it a go so ive signed up to fertility friend and ordered a thermometer so no doubt give you ladies a shout when i get started with a million and one questions! :laugh2:
My bmi has never been mentioned although i had given it a thought because i know that can affect people even without pcos. Neither my doc or gyn have mentioned it, they both just asked me if my weight was steady (which it is).
Tbh i dont know how i would go about trying to increase my bmi - i do very little exercise :blush: just about 45mins walking per day and although i do not eat lots of rubbish i dont really have a strict diet either. will def ask my gyn when i see him in 2 weeks! recovering well from the op thanks, been a bit surprised at the not so attractive belly button ive been left with tho :wacko:
anyways
How are you keeping during your pregnancy?
:flower:

Change of plans, i will be taking a break from TTC until January 2013. Hubby has also started his meds for his Autoimmune Hepatitis so we are unable to TTC naturally because his meds will cause birth defects. We had his swimmers frozen, so in January we will do our 3rd IUI with his frozen swimmers.
It will be good for us to take a little break, this will be our first break ATTC from 2009!!!

Keisha, (hope you dont mind me commenting) i just wanted to say that i have heard of lots of people getting their bfp after a wee break so fingers crossed it might just do the trick for you :flower:

I think it is worth mentioning your BMI at your appointment, it would be lovely if something simple you can do really makes a difference. It sounds like you're naturally really lucky and I didn't want to worry you, plenty of ladies get pregnant with low end BMI, but I wanted to mention it in case there is something to be looked at. Hopefully they will give you some idea if they think you need to do anything or not.

:thumbup: for temping! I hope it gives you an idea of what is happening. Sometimes the charts really help and you can print them to take to your FS at future appointments if you need to. Getting used to it takes some time though, I kept getting up and forgetting! :dohh:

I was worried about the dodgy post-op tummy button but it really went back to normal as time went on. I was then worried it'd would go really weird as it stretched, but it's been fine. Pregnancy is going really well thanks, feeling pretty well over all. It's odd because sometimes it seems like time is going quickly and then it feels really slow! I'm glad Christmas and New Year are coming up to distract me as I think that will take my mind off waiting! I can't wait for all you lovely ladies to join me with your BFPs too.
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->