anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hey ladies to just wishing you all a very happy Christmas and the girls who are pregnant enjoy it as it your last one before baby is born and all the girls waiting to get a bfp 2013 will be are year :)
Kyla still the same period still here never got to the doc as too busy working and Xmas just realised I haven't taken my glucophage in nearly a month so started that last night hopefully that will help :)

Hey
Happy Christmas everyone .....hope to get to know you all better in 2013. Thanks for the welcome.....I am hopefully starting my peak time , so we are in for a loving christmas in Donegal, Ireland
:happydance::happydance:

Joy - Good luck! :thumbup:

Bride - Oh no re glucophage :dohh: I'm worried about your iron levels since this has been going on so long.... sorry.... will you see your Doc now and give some serious thought to iron tablets? :friends:

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas break :xmas6:

Hello girlies hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas!

Had a wee meltdown tonight :wacko: hormones going crazy! was bubbling away to dh saying what if im not really pregnant and its all in my head and that turned all the tests positive! And what if i go to my scan and there is nothing there?!! :cry: Getting my knickers in a twist over nothing! Can anyone else relate or am i just going crazy :shrug:

hope you are all well :hugs:

Hi Henry - I can totally relate! I was having those moments too. On the day of my 12 week scan I was really nervous it was all in my head, even though I'd done loads of FRER and Clearblue digitals with the conception indicator matching my dates. It was only until I saw the baby on the screen that I could relax. :dohh:

How are you feeling otherwise?

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!
Been really really tired, slept most of the last few days back to work tomorrow tho :sleep:
Boobs really tender now and having quite a lot of nausea.
Told our parents on Xmas eve and Christmas Day so that went down well :baby:

How you feeling you must be getting so excited!

Aw, yay for announcing over Christmas! :happydance: Yes, I'm pretty sure lots of women have those first trimester doubts, how long til your scan?

I'm excited and nervous!! Lots of aches and pains, weird kicks especially on my cervix - it feels like a pap smear but from inside! So strange, uncomfortable and yet really marvellous, can't wait to read about all the ladies here experiencing the same! I was induced with DS, so I'm worried I don't know how to handle potentially going into labour at home etc :haha:

Hi everyone!

I hope you don't mind if I join you! I've been reading your posts and it is so nice to know that there are other ladies out there who are going through what I am going through and who know exactly how I feel.

My DH and I got married in 2011. Started TTC straight after and quickly realized that it wasn't easy!! I didn't know that I was living with PCOS! But gosh, it explains a lot!

Went for ovarian drilling and lap dye test mid December. So I am recovering from that, but doing really well! I am feeling positive about the coming months! I have never ovulated on my own, never ovulated on assisted cycles. Tried clomid 5 cycles (50mg-150mg).

We are waiting six weeks after the op. So end of January I am starting a new drug to try to ovulate, Is it called Femera? I hope my body responds to it!!

Forgive me i'm new and I'm not 'up' with the lingo and shorthand yet! Ha.

Xx

Kyla- 10 days until my scan its on the 8th and I cannot wait! I have been having all sorts of crazy dreams about it!
You could look at it that this time will be a different experience for you.

Welcome buttons! :flower:

Hi Buttons :hi:

I'm only new to this thread but your situation sounds vary similar to mine except I've not been given any clomid yet. It's great knowing your not the only one, I've been silently stalking this thread for last few days until my actual op next month.

I've also ready the first 50 pages (it's very slow at my work) and its honestly amazing how many ladies seem to have a good result from OD :)

Hope you get your bfp soon!

xx

:hi: Buttons and welcome to the thread!

I hope you'll join us as a regular, it's a lovely, friendly thread and it's great to chat to other supportive ladies who have been through similar experiences.

I've read through all the posts on this thread (not all at once :haha:) and it seems that almost everyone experiences benefits from Ovarian Drilling (OD) one way or another. One of the benefits I have seen is I am experiencing less hair growth in weird places than I used to get :thumbup:

Hope you recover quickly, the hardest part is having the patience to allow our bodies and hormones to settle down. Some ladies here have had quick results, some have waited over a year or are still ttc. You will definitely benefit from the op though and hopefully quickly.

I had my op a year ago tomorrow. Prior to my op, I was on Clomid, I didn't ovulate at 50mg and had hit and miss ovulation at 100mg so after my op they gave me the option to either go back on Clomid or go onto Femara. I decided to try Femara because it was different and I felt I'd had enough disappointments with Clomid. I'm pleased to say I got pregnant the first Femara cycle (I was also on Metformin aka glucophage).

Femara has great success rates where Clomid has failed. Clomid blocks estrogen receptors in the hypothamalus whereas Femara acts on the body as an aromatase inhibitor (it's main use is as an anti-breast cancer drug) they have found Femara to be successful on women deemed to be Clomid-resistant.

Fingers crossed for you, please ask any questions, we're all happy to help :flower:

Henry - Woo hoo! 8th Jan is not long to wait now, really excited for you.

Hey girls welcome to the newbies it's great to chat here and have people no how u feel I love it !
Kyla I'm going to the doctor Monday morning it was the nearest appointment I could get which will be 28 days of periods never had this in my life and I'm afraid something might be wrong :-(

Bride - :hugs: I had some pretty weird, long periods before now and got into a right state worrying about it. I was stupid and decided to Google early-menopause :dohh: Ridiculous I know now. It was just my PCOS hormones playing up. You may also be suffering a bit because not taking the glucophage may have wobbled your hormones enough to cause an imbalance. :shrug: Good luck at your appointment, hopefully your Doc will sort you out. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

Jojo - I'm pretty excited I have found this thread! All the best with your op next month! I felt so much better knowing where my body was at after my lap, and my FS was pleased with everything. I guess that's my silver lining!

Kyla - thanks and congrats on your BFP!! I am also on metformin (i am going to check the dose now though after reading your amazing success story!). I am really excited to see if Femera works for me too!! You are right the hardest part will be the wait!

Bride to be - good luck for Monday's appointment! Is that your first AF after OD?? Should I expect a bad/long one?

AFM - DH and I are going camping over new years. We packed up our bus this morning and are on our way! Looking forward to a bit of R&R.

Buttons - Thanks! Nearer the time you're due to start your Femara, I'll tell you more about how I found taking it - remind me! Enjoy your break! :flower:

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

May all your dreams and wishes come true, may the man above always be at your side, hold your hand and carry you through the years to come........

I am very well, baby just kicking my insides out,,,,,, hurts sometimes.

I am enjoying my pregnancy and so anxious to meet Jenna-Li, got almost everything ready for her.

I have to share something with you, just to get it off my chest, tell me if I am being dramatic?

I was very hurt by my cuzin wife, she has been trying to fall pregnant for as long as I was. The only difference is that I sought treatment and went to a RE, she also has PCOS and many of the symptoms I had, f not all of them. I gave her so much advice and everything I went through I told her about and explained it to her, we shared so much together, she helped me and I helped her, we even prayed for each other.
Now that I am pregnant, I don't hear from her nor do I see her. I invited her for supper in October and she accepted, but did not pitch up, not even a phoned call or text message, nothing at all.

Now I have heard by a friend that she says she can't handle the fact that I am pregnant, nor can she stand to see me with a bump,,, I was so hurt!

After all we have talked about, I really thought she, out of everyone would be happy for me and my husband, but now I feel as if I am being punished and lost her friendship.

The difference is that I sought medical intervention and did lots of research to get me where I am today. I even told her to join this site for advice from ladies who can relate.

I know is hard to be around pregnant ladies when you have been tiring for so long and nothing happens, I have been there also, I know it's not easy, but the why does she not go to a Gynae and start somewhere.

I believe that God helps those who helps themselves,,,,,, I just feel so hurt!
Am I just being hormonal and nagging like a pregnant woman ?

Why can't people be happy for your blessings, is it that difficult?

MommyMel - I don't think your being dramatic at all! although it's hard when others around you are pregnant I don't think it is right to resent them for getting something that any of us would cut off our right arm for, especially if she know's how hard you had to work for it!

Have you tried talking to her again since you been preg and maybe explaining to her what you did too see if that will encourage her to get some help with her pcos.

We all know how hard it is when a friend get's pregnant, my sister in law is pregnant at the moment when she told me I wanted to cry but I didn't I hugged herr and said congratulations becuase I know that it wasn't that long ago she had an ectopic pregnancy and was worried she could never have children (this is now her 3rd)

:hugs: don't let anyone make you feel bad for something you have worked so hard to achieve! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->