anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

hello ladies,havent been around for a while but glad to be back.had my first shot of decapeptyl triptorelin....at first the bleeding continued for another 2-3 weeks then gradually reduced to spot,the downside is i have been in pain that prevents me from sitting down,and when i manage to,it takes a lot of groans and pain to get back up.i was given cocodamol to help with the pain but no luck,my gp said its probably the fibroid shrinking and i am due for a second shot tomorrow...has any one ever had this sort of shot or undergone myomectomy?i also read that some shrinking fibriods may make the mass more fibrous and difficult to enucleate during surgery....any ideas about that as well?enough of me..hope the festive season was great for everyone,and to the ladies with growing bumps well done!eat healthy,feel good and enjoy the 9months journey.....

Hi all
I am brand new to this forum, but almost 2 years TTC now.
I have read a lot of the 400+ posts as I am off work recovering from OD and you ladies are seriously giving me hope !!!!!
I have been seeing a FS since Apri this year...on medicated cycles since then, DH SA perfect and plenty of :sex:......so was referred privately for Lap n dye....discovered I also had fibroid ; so that was whipped out, also found to have polycystic ovaries. (BMI 25-26, regular cycles, no pcos symptoms)...so got those drilled too. Tubes clear, no endo so just waiting on AF to arrive to go back on meds and hopefully get real lucky soon!!!!!!

Congrats to anyone with recent BFP success, and hope ye have great 9 months

To everyone else I hope I can join you on this tough road, and hopefully we will all become mammies together in 2013
xxx

hello,joy4us,i am new on here too and oh yes the ladies are amazing...was depressed when i came on but feel so much better now...hope you dont mind my asking,how did the surgery go?i have fibroid,pcos and spot or rather bleed all the time,i am on shot to shrink my fibroid and it is causing so much pain...did they give you that as well?my fs said she will do an ovarian drill if she opens up and see they are polycystic,as the lasttime she scanned,she said the fibroid was casting a shadow over the ovaries and she couldnt see.will appreciate any info...google is horrible and dont wanna go there anymore:wacko::wacko:`where i stay in scotland there is no one to talk to:sad2:And :dust::dust: to all the sweet preggy ladies in da house

Whoooo anupur congrats wish u a happy and healthy 9 months ! Why was you iui cancelled last month ??
Ya kyla I don't think I'm going to go on the pill hipefully these tabs stop the bleeding can't cope with them for much longer ! Not long left for u oh it's so exciting
Cullen henry how are yous hope the morning sickness has stopped Cullen xx

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

May all your dreams and wishes come true, may the man above always be at your side, hold your hand and carry you through the years to come........

I am very well, baby just kicking my insides out,,,,,, hurts sometimes.

I am enjoying my pregnancy and so anxious to meet Jenna-Li, got almost everything ready for her.

I have to share something with you, just to get it off my chest, tell me if I am being dramatic?

I was very hurt by my cuzin wife, she has been trying to fall pregnant for as long as I was. The only difference is that I sought treatment and went to a RE, she also has PCOS and many of the symptoms I had, f not all of them. I gave her so much advice and everything I went through I told her about and explained it to her, we shared so much together, she helped me and I helped her, we even prayed for each other.
Now that I am pregnant, I don't hear from her nor do I see her. I invited her for supper in October and she accepted, but did not pitch up, not even a phoned call or text message, nothing at all.

Now I have heard by a friend that she says she can't handle the fact that I am pregnant, nor can she stand to see me with a bump,,, I was so hurt!

After all we have talked about, I really thought she, out of everyone would be happy for me and my husband, but now I feel as if I am being punished and lost her friendship.

The difference is that I sought medical intervention and did lots of research to get me where I am today. I even told her to join this site for advice from ladies who can relate.

I know is hard to be around pregnant ladies when you have been tiring for so long and nothing happens, I have been there also, I know it's not easy, but the why does she not go to a Gynae and start somewhere.

I believe that God helps those who helps themselves,,,,,, I just feel so hurt!
Am I just being hormonal and nagging like a pregnant woman ?

Why can't people be happy for your blessings, is it that difficult?
aawwww mommymel,i know the feeling and can relate with how she feels,but saying she cant stand seeing you with a bump doesnt exactly sound right.im sure she will come around,dont be bothered enjoy your status honey....

:winkwink:anupur yipeeeeeeeeeee yah...congrats....really looks like it..happy 9 mnths

:winkwink:anupur yipeeeeeeeeeee yah...congrats....really looks like it..happy 9 mnths
Thank u. Sorry dont know any information about fibroid. But u will surely get help from other ladies from this thread. Just want to pray for u that u will get out from this situation very soon.

Whoooo anupur congrats wish u a happy and healthy 9 months ! Why was you iui cancelled last month ??
Ya kyla I don't think I'm going to go on the pill hipefully these tabs stop the bleeding can't cope with them for much longer ! Not long left for u oh it's so exciting
Cullen henry how are yous hope the morning sickness has stopped Cullen xx
the reason of cancel iui is that my follicle didnt grow proper size on day14. Only one follicle in rightside grow 15mm which is not enough for ovulation by triger. My doctor only prefer minimum 18mm folli for triger to ovulation. So we just tried naturally. My weight was 60kg. Now masured 3days ago 56kg. I put off 4kg weight from last two month by 1hour walking and diet. U surely get benifit from weightloss.

:hi: ladies :)

I'm so sorry I haven't been on in like FOREVER!!!

It's been a year since my OD tomorrow and no :bfp:

I am doing Ivf egg sharing in feb sometime hopefully :)

I hope all you ladies get your bfp real soon :)

cridge how are you and your lil boys?

mommymel not long now sweetie and your precious baby will be here :)

lpear great news about doing Ivf :) gl :dust:

kayla your pregnancy had gone soooo fast :) not long for you either :)

nikkia I hope all is well and your pregnancy is all going well?

anopur CONGRATS :wohoo:

And :hi: to everyone else :) sorry I haven't mentioned everyone I haven't had time to read back but gl :dust:
best of luck sweeti for ivf egg sharing cycle february. New year will surly give u ur forever baby. Keep busy urself. Whenever u get some time come here hun. We miss u friend.

Yay Anupur! Of course you can walk! Unless you have some high risk reason not to, you can exercise low to moderate impact. But take it easy just in case. :) Congrats!
thanks. Ur little one looks really sweet. I know how busy u r with new baby. But we also need u buddy.

Woo hoo Anipur- how exciting for you.............Congratulations :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Babyand dust.....no problem at all – ask away. My fibroid was small enough and only suspected by my Gynae pre surgery, and he managed to take same out via the incision site at my belly button. I was not on meds to shrink the fibroid, and have had spotting only 3-4 days pre-period since coming off the pill 2 years ago now. This is due to low Progesterone and my FS has me on progesterone suppositories to help this.

My op was very un-eventful, recovered very well, my tubes were clear, and got my ovaries drilled. I was very sore for first ten days, and then had twinges for about another 10 days. Pain was bad on sneezing, coughing, bending over etc.

Most people are not that sore- so think this was due to removal of the fibroid rather than anything else.

My op was at my peak day, and my period arrived as planned at about day 29I am now on CD 19 and had a very strong ovulation on Day 14 – loads of EWCM, and Peak on CBFM (which is earlier than usual for me)

I just had 3 little wounds that were covered with paper stitches, and dry dressings- no problem changing same after surgery.

I would advise to make sure you have a good clear out of bowels pre- op, so that you don’t worry re being constipated etc post op; as was sore having a poo post op ! (TMI I know!) My surgeon put me on 2 sachets of bowel prep the day before surgery to clear same out! Also helps them manipulate bowel during surgery.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your op- when is it?
:flower:

:hi: everyone

Nikkia - Happy 12 weeks!! :happydance:

Anupur - :wohoo: Congratulations again! I'm so happy for you! You can carry on your walking in the first tri hun, unless there is a medical reason to cut back. It's not a time for weight loss though, so make sure you're eating well rather than trying to lose weight. It's great to see your ticker wishing you a H&H 9 months :cloud9:

Babyanddust - I don't know a lot about fibroids either, other than a ex-work colleague's wife has just announced she's expecting again. I was chatting with him and remembered her ltttc journey from a few years back. She had fibroids, PCOS and a high BMI. She had the OD done (I had totally forgotten this as at the time I wasn't ttc and didn't know what it was!) and something done to the fibroids, she went onto Clomid after her op and got pregnant with twins! Her twin daughters are now nearly 7 and she's expecting again - natural BFP! So there is hope for sure!

Bride - How are you feeling?

Scerena - Nice to see you popping in. We had our OD done at the same time, I'm sorry you've not had quicker results but sending you lots of dust and best wishes for your egg sharing this year, 2013 will be your year. You've been so helpful to me on this thread, thanks :friends:

Sorry if I've missed anyone out - how are you all?

Hi ladies :flower: sorry I've not been very chatty the last wee while the nausea has been making me very lazy!
Congratulations anupur on your bfp!!! :happydance: u must be delighted!

Had a wee break from the nausea today so have totally stuffed my face! :blush:
Oh well! Only 3 days until our scan!!! :happydance:

Bride to be - hope your feeling better Hun :hugs:

@joy4us,thanks a lot.my surgery is on the 28th of feb...while I am trying to take things as they come,I can't help worrying.I have always spotted/bleed.I used norethisterone to get a break and make hubby happy.lol I am wondering if my bleeds will become better like me having normal periods.my progesterone has always been less than 3 guess that xplain my constant bleeds..thanks for the info

@kayla thanks so much,will just go for it and hope for the best.

Anupur - Congratulations!!! I'm so pleased for you! Another success story :happydance: I hope your bfp will give some inspiration to other ladies on here!

I would stop baby aspirin but if you started on progesterone it can be dangerous to stop that. Progesterone should only be stopped very slowly after 12 weeks. So for example if you take 2 tablets/suppositories a day then cut it down to 1.5 then to 1 then to 0.5 and then nothing.
Glucauphage should also be taken throughout pregnancy or at least for the first 12 weeks. But ideally you should really speak to your doctor.

Scerena - the IVF month is nearly here! Have you chosen your clinic already?

I can't believe how far along you are already - NIKKIA, Kyla, Henry!! Time just flies!

Maria - I know, time seems to have flown by this trimester! DS is back at school this week so I'm aiming to get the last few bits ready. How are you finding being a mum? :cloud9:

:hi: Ladies! I just wanted to pop in and say hello, Happy New Year, and congrats on all the BFPs!

I have been reading and catching up on your posts, but just silently stalking... I hope everyone is well and really hope all the BFPs are healthy little sticky beans!

Things are okay here: Excited to find out my twinsies' sexes on Jan 15th... but been feeling pretty lousy lately. I was lucky to not have ANY morning (or afternoon/night) sickness, but feel like I have been making up for it with all the other pains!

Kyla, just wanted to say that your posts are still so great to read! I feel a bit guilty for falling off after I got my BFP, but the new ladies need people like you (and others post op) to keep the hope going!:thumbup:

Hi everyone, just popping in to catch up, ooooh Anupur huge congrats hun you really deserve it I'm so happy for you xxx :happydance:

Well, I had my midwife booking in appointment this morning, had the bloods, blood pressure, weight, height, urine sample etc etc etc done and all seems ok, she said my blood pressure was a little low but nothing to worry about, the referral has been made for my scan at the hospital and she reckons I should have it within the next 2 weeks, she has put my down as being 12 weeks, although I still think I'm not just that far but I guess the scan will tell!

I actually havent been feeling too bad the last week, no actual vomiting for a whole week :happydance: still having bad nausea and headaches but at least my food is actually staying down, which is a huge bonus, again mw reckoned due to this the dates seem right! Got my maternity records too, theyre huge lol, loads of leaflets etc too, some bedtime reading!

Hope everyone is doing well, Henry hope youre feeling a little better soon, I can confirm it does pass!

Nikkia, yeeaahh on the 12 weeks!

Bride, how are you doing now hun? Have you been to Dr yet?

Everyone else ok?

blucky - Thanks :hugs: I agree, when newbies to the thread join, it's so nice to see success stories and to share the journey. How exciting for your gender scan!! It only seems 5 mins since your twins were at the appleseed stage :cloud9:So exciting for you, will you start buying bits and bobs after the scan?

Cullen - :happydance: Yes, I reckon 12 weeks you'd see an improvement in the sickness. Ah, 2nd trimester is the best time - enjoy it!! Yay for the scan! I think they'll try to do it sooner than later then if you MW thinks you're already at 12 weeks. Keep us updated - so exciting!

Bride, Henry and Anupur - do you all have appointments today? Hope you've got on well with them. :hugs:

Hi kyla I actually cancelled my appointment until march as my bmi was over 30 think its 31 so I didn't wanna waste the docs time when they would only start iui if bmi was 30 or under anyways still have my period 35 days and counting took the tablets that I got off emergency doc who said they should stop it but hasn't so I took the pill today for one month because my gp told me that should stop period just gonna take it for one month and hope it helps :-( feeling a bit crap at the mOment I think if af stopped I'd feel better going on a walk now here's hoping to shed the pounds

Bride - :hugs: I think you've made the right decision re the pill if your AF hasn't stopped. How are your iron levels? You must be feeling really fed up, stupid PCOS. :grr: Good luck with the weight loss though, lets hope the BC kick start your hormones. :flower:

oh bride2 be thats terrible.......best of luck with weightloss. I too am trying to shed the pounds. I am following Slimming World-find it very easy x

Woo hoo Anipur- how exciting for you.............Congratulations :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Babyand dust.....no problem at all – ask away. My fibroid was small enough and only suspected by my Gynae pre surgery, and he managed to take same out via the incision site at my belly button. I was not on meds to shrink the fibroid, and have had spotting only 3-4 days pre-period since coming off the pill 2 years ago now. This is due to low Progesterone and my FS has me on progesterone suppositories to help this.

My op was very un-eventful, recovered very well, my tubes were clear, and got my ovaries drilled. I was very sore for first ten days, and then had twinges for about another 10 days. Pain was bad on sneezing, coughing, bending over etc.

Most people are not that sore- so think this was due to removal of the fibroid rather than anything else.

My op was at my peak day, and my period arrived as planned at about day 29I am now on CD 19 and had a very strong ovulation on Day 14 – loads of EWCM, and Peak on CBFM (which is earlier than usual for me)

I just had 3 little wounds that were covered with paper stitches, and dry dressings- no problem changing same after surgery.

I would advise to make sure you have a good clear out of bowels pre- op, so that you don’t worry re being constipated etc post op; as was sore having a poo post op ! (TMI I know!) My surgeon put me on 2 sachets of bowel prep the day before surgery to clear same out! Also helps them manipulate bowel during surgery.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your op- when is it?
:flower:
joy4us - its great that u feel strong ovulation after ur op. Its really good. Did u do bd that night or after? If u did then never know in ur 1st cycle u will be get ur bfp hun. Best of luck.

Hi ladies :flower: sorry I've not been very chatty the last wee while the nausea has been making me very lazy!
Congratulations anupur on your bfp!!! :happydance: u must be delighted!

Had a wee break from the nausea today so have totally stuffed my face! :blush:
Oh well! Only 3 days until our scan!!! :happydance:

Bride to be - hope your feeling better Hun :hugs:
hi henry! Did u do ur scan? I didnt feel nausea till now. Just feel tired and very little headache sometime.

Anupur - Congratulations!!! I'm so pleased for you! Another success story :happydance: I hope your bfp will give some inspiration to other ladies on here!

I would stop baby aspirin but if you started on progesterone it can be dangerous to stop that. Progesterone should only be stopped very slowly after 12 weeks. So for example if you take 2 tablets/suppositories a day then cut it down to 1.5 then to 1 then to 0.5 and then nothing.
Glucauphage should also be taken throughout pregnancy or at least for the first 12 weeks. But ideally you should really speak to your doctor.

Scerena - the IVF month is nearly here! Have you chosen your clinic already?

I can't believe how far along you are already - NIKKIA, Kyla, Henry!! Time just flies!
maria- ur daughter is now 5&1/2 month old hun. Really time flies. Yesterday i meet a new lady doctor. She is good and polite. She gave me a multivitamin med and say just continue progesteron and glyciphage. She told me take rest and eat fresh food, veg, fish etc. Say no to street food and yes to home made food. My bhcg no. On 5.1.13 was 1234. Isnt it Funny no? He he. Lots of love to u and ur dd.
Hi everyone, just popping in to catch up, ooooh Anupur huge congrats hun you really deserve it I'm so happy for you xxx :happydance:

Well, I had my midwife booking in appointment this morning, had the bloods, blood pressure, weight, height, urine sample etc etc etc done and all seems ok, she said my blood pressure was a little low but nothing to worry about, the referral has been made for my scan at the hospital and she reckons I should have it within the next 2 weeks, she has put my down as being 12 weeks, although I still think I'm not just that far but I guess the scan will tell!

I actually havent been feeling too bad the last week, no actual vomiting for a whole week :happydance: still having bad nausea and headaches but at least my food is actually staying down, which is a huge bonus, again mw reckoned due to this the dates seem right! Got my maternity records too, theyre huge lol, loads of leaflets etc too, some bedtime reading!

Hope everyone is doing well, Henry hope youre feeling a little better soon, I can confirm it does pass!

Nikkia, yeeaahh on the 12 weeks!

Bride, how are you doing now hun? Have you been to Dr yet?

Everyone else ok?
cullen- hope ur pregnancy sickness will be vanish soon and u will feel better. Enjoy and be happy. When did u do ur scan?

Hi kyla I actually cancelled my appointment until march as my bmi was over 30 think its 31 so I didn't wanna waste the docs time when they would only start iui if bmi was 30 or under anyways still have my period 35 days and counting took the tablets that I got off emergency doc who said they should stop it but hasn't so I took the pill today for one month because my gp told me that should stop period just gonna take it for one month and hope it helps :-( feeling a bit crap at the mOment I think if af stopped I'd feel better going on a walk now here's hoping to shed the pounds
bride - its a right decission i think. Some weight loss will really help to kick start our body hormone. I also put off 4kg. Before pregnancy weight loss will really help in ur pregnancy. Did u start ur diet plan? Before exercise start some low carb diet now.

kyla - some creamy discharge is ok in 1st tri? I saw it today. Today i have some blood test of tsh, t4, pp sugar, hiv etc. Hope everything will be fine. Doc gave me a scan at end of january. Is it ok to eat dry fruit like raisin, walnut and almond? Is green papaya and better groud harmful to take in pregnancy i read it in some site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->