anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Anupur - Glad you've got a kindly doctor now who will take good care of you. Good luck for your blood tests, let us know how you get on.
Creamy discharge is absolutely normal in 1st trimester, it's called leukorrhea and it's caused by estrogen circulating thanks to pregnancy. It keeps the vaginal area clean and is a great sign that your body is doing what it is supposed to do :thumbup: It gets heavier as you go along, so as long as it stays creamy, white and odourless and not coloured then all is well.
Walnuts in pregnancy are a great source of Omega-3, almonds and raisins are fine too - raisins especially will help provide a fibre boost.
Green papaya should be avoided though hun, as is bitter gourd as both can cause cramping.
Yes, definitely avoid street food as food hygiene is really important. :hugs:

Kyla, you really are a star hun, the fountain of all knowledge I think, what would we do without you ! :dohh:

Bride, I too think youre doing the right thing, maybe this will kick start everything for you, get yourself on an even keel ready for your BFP, which will definitely come soon! :hugs:

Henry, you ok hun, how did the scan go???

I'm having a little confidence crisis today, wondering how I'm going to cope with it all, I've waited for this moment for so long and now its here I dont have a clue what to do, had a walk around Mamas and Papas on Sunday when we were out shopping and I didnt know what half the stuff was for let alone if I'd need it. :shrug:

Cullen :hugs: Ah, thanks. Pregnancy is like ltttc, you start off knowing the basics but by the end of it you'll be amazed at how much knowledge you'll acquire! Check us all out on here, who'd ever heard of half the stuff with cycles we all know well now.
It's totally normal to feel that way, suddenly you're bombarded with information, you become a consumer that lots of companies want to target and they'll try to convince you what you need etc. Mothercare etc publish lists of items you need, and tbh, they need you to need the items :winkwink:
As your pregnancy progresses, you'll get a good feel for what is what, and what is and isn't necessary. I still feel bewildered by some of the info now. :haha: You'll do great, it's a big adventure! :hugs:

Hi all :flower:
Had my scan today and all is well :cloud9: measuring bang on 8wks! Got to see the heartbeat too :happydance: absolutely delighted! Was so nervous I couldn't post yesterday, the nausea has eased off so I was worried about that and all the normal scan stuff!

How u feeling Cullen the sickness any better?
Don't worry about all the baby stuff, I'm sure we all spend hours looking up stuff between now and baby's arrival! We've also got our friends on here to keep us right :hugs:

Bride to be - sorry your having to go on bc, hopefully it will help get things back on track for you

Hope everyone's well

Henry!! :cloud9: Fabulous news, so happy for you - I wondered how you got on! Seeing that heartbeat is just soooo emotional!

I find that with pregnancy, things often happen in 4 weekly or monthly cycles, ie 8 weeks nausea can ease off, 12 weeks being the end of the first trimester, 20 week scan, 24 weeks is viability etc.

Fab news! :thumbup:

Hi All!

I've been silently stalking pretty continuously...I'm not very good at posting very often - I think because I just want to say everything at once but it will be way too much!! Ha! I was really happy to see Anapur got a bfp - awesome news! Lots of BFPs on here recently - very encouraging.

AFM - well I had IUI done on 27 Dec and I am due to test tomorrow morning....ok i might have done a test this morning. There was an extremely faint line in the test part so either it is bfn or it just isnt showing up yet. Hope to see something clear tomorrow morn.

unfortunately, I seem to have developed over stimulation of my ovaries and my abdomen is sooo very swollen and I am in quite a bit of pain. This didn't occur until about DPIUI 8 or 9. I usually have a very flat tum (my fat goes to my bum & thighs) and I look about 4-5 months prego. It is so painful. Any tips on what to do or threads to visit? I am at my wits end...cant even stand up straight. The nurse told me it was the cyclogest pessary I was taking (one in the morning and one before bed) and my ovaries were over stimulated. Apparently I had a few follicles at time of trigger. Ok, i will stop blabbing on but would be so grateful if anyone had any tips. It's times like this I wish I lived near my family (they are in the US & I live in the UK) so my mom or sisters could come over and give me some much needed tlc.

:hi: Sunny Monkey, lovely to hear from you. :flower:
Yes, lots of encouraging BFPs lately, it's a really good time to belong to this thread. Never worry about saying too much, we're here for support whenever you need.
:hugs: Sorry about the over stimulation, have you been advised to up your fluid intake? I believe that helps, and I think eating more protein helps too. Hopefully the symptoms will be short lived. Have you tried a hot water bottle too?
Fingers crossed for your test tomorrow :thumbup:

Henry - really pleased for you! Hope you feel better now and can enjoy the remaining 7 months!

Cullen - sounds very familiar! I thought I'd have it all figured out and when it came to baby shopping I felt so confused and tired! We did quite a bit of shopping online and started buying things relatively early. I'm so glad we did that! After 34 weeks I found it quite hard to walk around shops and choose things. And of course you want to touch and feel and see things in real life and with so much choice it's no wonder it can feel like too much!

Monkey - what test did you use? I hope the second line gets stronger tomorrow!!!

Sunney monkey i had overstimulation the mth i got my bfp after iui the raise in hcg made it worse. I was told fluids not to much rest and protein I also had to take paracetmol I did get admitted to the hospital as got so painful. I so hope this is it for you.

Henry glad scan all ok.

Kyla you are so near now i feel excited for you. I've had my scan and all was good i just can't belive how much baby has grown. xx

Hya! Thanks for the supportive responses. I was feeling like I needed some TLC, woke up this morning and saw your responses and smiled right away! :thumbup:

I am trying not to get my hopes up but I have attached a photo of my test result this morning. It looks like a :bfp: to me but the line is still pretty faint. I took a photo just to be sure...would you mind letting me know what you think?

maria - The test is a firstvue HCG one step preg test that my hubby got from poundland! I am going to waddle (yes my distended belly is still ridiculously big) over to the the pharmacy later and get one with a smiley or frowny face! Am just trying to manage my expectations in case those tests are so crap they are wrong!

Well, my OHSS symptoms are not better. Kyla - as you recommended, I'm trying to do a high protein diet and drink tons of fluids but my tum looks ridiculously big and is very painful. I can barely move around. The nurse told me not to use a hot water bottle but I might try one anyway as I am getting desperate!

Nikkia - how did you know when to go to hospital? Did they end up draining the fluid? I can breath fine and am peeing pretty normally and therefore the nurse just basically told me to 'tough it out' (in a kinder way though) but this morning I got terrible cramping and am still swollen.

Attachments

• SZ BFP.jpg
    SZ BFP.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 11
sunny monkey - its look like bfp to me? How many dpo are you now? I get dark +tv at my menstrual date. I didnt know when ovulate so couldnt calculate my dpo. I think after 48h it will be dark. Good luck baddy. If u are pregnant then cramping is natural in first month of pregnancy.​
kyla - thanks for information. Its good to know that u ladies are here with me to help and show me the right path.​
henry - its really feel great to see heartbeat of our own baby hun. I can feel ur emotion. I will do my scan at end of january. I already start counting of day to show my baby.​
afm - my all blood report is ok. Can i wear sports bra at sleeping time? My boobs are really hurt without wearing bra. I started to eat one egg daily. This time I have no sugar no thyroid so i can eat every veg and fruit. Is it ok to take hot shower? cullen, henry, nikkia, sunny monkey we are now pregnant. I really cant believe it till now. We are waiting for this days friends and its here. So enjoy every moment of every day.​

Hey ladies thanks for all your support I joined unislim it's a slimming group so with that a walking daily I hope to lose the unwanted pounds before I see the fs in march I'm so ready for iui bring it on :) gonna take the pill just for this month and hopefult that fixes me :)
Sunnymonkey that looks like a bfp to me ya so happy for u was this is your first iui ? Seeing successful iuis here is giving me so much hope :) such a great thread to be on !
Kyla not long left at all for you super exciting
Nikita can't believe your 12 weeks already whoooo
Cullen and Henry hope the morning sickness is treating yous ok xxx

Sunny - :happydance: Looks like a :bfp: to me too! Hopefully your next few tests will be darker, I really recommend FRER (First Response Early Result) tests, worth every penny! Also Clearblue Digital with conception indicator. :thumbup: Keep us posted on the next test, I'm sure it'll be positive.
Re the OHSS, I think it's worth giving you clinic a ring. If you are pregnant, the bloating will last 20-30 days longer due to the HCG. Perhaps they can advise if you can take co-codamol and they may offer to run a pregnancy blood test for you?

Nikkia - So glad your scan went well. It's amazing how they grow so quickly, lovely to see your ticker too :cloud9:

Anupur - Sports bras are a great idea, they'll keep you supported. The soreness should ease off a bit by the 2nd trimester but it's good to continue wearing the bra at night. Hot showers...not too hot. I like a hot shower but I've had to turn the temperature down as I feel faint and it's not good to overheat. Make sure that egg is cooked through :winkwink:

Bride - I think you're a great candidate for IUI. Fingers crossed your weight loss happens quickly and you can go in to the clinic in the best possible position to begin treatment.

AFM - Not long left now at all - yikes! I went today for physio for SPD pain, bit of a waste of time, the guy just gave me a leaflet and showed me some exercises. I've been waiting weeks to see him, it'd been quicker just to post me the leaflet with the exercises on :dohh:
I'm pretty much all set although I'm 36 weeks now, it still seems like I have a while to wait. I'm not sleeping well at night either so having to nap in the day......oh well :haha:
I love this thread, it's fantastic to share in everyone's journeys. :friends:

sunney i didn't have any fluid drained but was in a lot of pain and the clinic took blood which i think you need. And asked me to go to a&e i think you should consider seeing gp tommoro. Thats a def BFP mine looked the same. Like i said b4 the raise in hcg make the ohss worse. xx

Congrats Sunny Monkey!! That's definitely a bfp! I had OHSS as well and you need to make sure you take it easy! Drink loads of water. I couldn't fit into my pants at 5 weeks because my ovaries were each the size of a 15 week fetus!! But by 13 weeks my ovaries had gone back down to normal size... which they *never* are. And by the time I had my c-section, they were ginormously huge again (just without the cysts this time). Say - maybe that's why my pants aren't fitting! I'm so happy I just realized that!

Anyway - I had some extremely painful episodes, but the good news is that if you take care of yourself, they should heal over time. Congrats!

Morning everyone :flower:

Ooooh Sunny, thats definitely a BFP, woooowwwwhhooooo, massive congrats hun :happydance: Look after yourself hun, looks like youre getting some brilliant advice from the other girls x

Henry, so happy the scan went well, hope youre feeling a little better now too :hugs:

Kyla, ooh I'm so excited for you hun, cant wait to see the new arrival, sorry the Dr wasnt much help though!

Hope everyone else is ok xx

Me, still waiting on my scan appointment, hopefully not long now, feeling a bit anxious the last few days, I suppose thats normal enough, just want to know everything is ok, dont seem to have put on any weight at all during this first trimester but I guess with the sickness and all, my tummy does seem a little bit rounder near the bottom but nothing major, cant help but worry I know!

Can I also ask too, the midwife gave me Emmas Diary booklet and said that with your first you get loads of freebies, what exactly do you get and whats worth signing up to?

Cullen - Thanks. :hugs: Don't worry about putting on weight, it's perfectly fine especially with the sickness.
Re Emma's Diary there are mixed feeling about this, as well as others like the Bounty Pack. I signed up in my first pregnancy and like many other mums to be, whilst getting freebies is nice, the freebies are a bit cack :haha: The contents vary, and over recent years the freebie have got worse, for example you typically get a tiny, tiny pot of sudacrem (just big enough to fit over your thumb), 2 laundry tablets, a dummy, 1 or 2 sample nappies and some money off vouchers - but not huge amounts, so like 25p or £1 off something. The trade off is giving them your personal data, name address due date etc and I and many others decide it's just not worth it. You're in a whole new world of consumerism and they want you to buy buy buy their products and get your brand loyalty.
Some people might suggest putting a fake name and address on the form when you hand it in to pick up your pack, I couldn't possibly advise on doing that :winkwink: ...
However, the best club to be in is Boots Parenting Club (check if you have it in N.Ireland). Years ago they gave away loads of lovely freebies, bottles, nappies etc but they've really cut back. They give away a free changing bag which they claim is worth £xx but imho if you'd paid the full price you'd be overcharged. It's handy as a spare bag, but the real advantage to joining Boots Parenting Club are the money off vouchers. For example I got a voucher for £25 off a car seat when you spend £100. I waited until the car seat I wanted was in the sale at £104 and they'd got an offer on where you got £12 worth of Boots Advantage points if you spent over £75 so I got a really good deal on the car seat.
It's up to you really, if you don't mind being bombarded with spam e-mails and junk to get some free samples then go for it. Some people don't mind at all, I'd just don't think it's worth it.

Keisha and Tella - Just wondering how you're both getting on? :flower:

Hi!

Anupur – I have already started wearing a comfortable bra to bed because I am so sore! I think I am DPIUI15. How you feeling?

Bride – Yes – it was my first IUI!! We are pretty shocked! Are you starting IUI soon?

Kyla – I totally went out and bought the tests you suggested, came back and they were very clearly positive :happydance:! Thanks and hope you are feeling well!

Thanks Maria! But another several weeks – argh! All worth it in the end though of course…just feeling so very awful. And my pants don’t fit me at all!

I rang the clinic and they took it seriously and had me in for a scan this morning. Sure enough, I have OHSS they found fluid in my abdomen which is still very distended and painful. They told me to take it easy, take paracetamol, drink a lot of water and if my symptoms got worse to go to A&E. Also, they want to monitor me so I will go to hospital next week for another scan. I had five follicles when they did the IUI so I am a bit anxious over the possibility that I may have multiples!

Thanks everyone for all your support. This is the best thread ever :yipee:!

Hi sunny ya I'm seeing my fs in march hopefully my bmi is down so we can get started sooner rather than later ! Five follicles here they won't do iui if there's more than two ! Hope your feeling better soon congrats again x
How's everyone doing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"