anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Joy!!! :dance::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee: :dance: Wow!!! Congratulations!! That's just fabulous news! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

JoJo - Glad we've helped, this is a great thread for support from ladies who've gone or are going through the exact same thing. Hm, salpinx is a posh word for fallopian tube (how dare they use posh medical words!! :haha:). Maybe hydrosalpinx isn't right, you'd think "both tubes patent" means both aren't blocked....I remember reading something about a salpinx on my report after reading "both tubes patent", I'll go dig it out to compare.
I didn't get to see my FS when I woke up either, they don't tend to bother as usually people are a bit groggy. Concentrate on recovering well, 8 weeks will soon come around :flower:

Congratulations joy4us!

Thanks kayla, silly doctors with their silly big words!! Thank goodness for google aye! Thanks for that will good to compare notes.

I'm going to do my best to just chill an recover, was doing well till I had a coughing fit ouchy!

Would you ladies recommend I count yesterday as if it was my first day of cycle?

Thanks for your quick answer well :) Xx

JoJo - I can't find my notes :dohh: I have my discharge sheet and it doesn't mention anything about salpinx on it, so I'll have to keep looking but I remember thinking what the heck is a salpinx? I didn't know I had one!!
The notes from your op are confusing... can you post exactly what it says? The only thing I am thinking is a) they may mean hydrosalpinx as in left tube slightly swollen or b) did your FS suspect hydrosalpinx from an ultrasound or any medical reasons to suspect it (sometimes infections cause it) and she's saying there is no hydrosalpinx in left tube as both are patent?:shrug:
Your GP should have a copy of your discharge notes sent, I'd mosey on down there and ask in 10 days or so, tell them you'd like to know what they found and can't wait 8 weeks as it's stressful :winkwink:
Yes - def count the day of the op as CD1. Do you have a smart phone? I found the BabyMed app is brill for cycle tracking, and I use it now as it tells me how many weeks and days pregnant I am or will be on a future date - so useful!
Good luck!

I'm lurking tonight hence the quick reply. I need to pack my hospital bag tomorrow and there are so many posts and lists about it, I'm just trying to make up my own list from the various posts of what I think I will need.

Only notes I was given a copy of was one I had to hand into my doctor which said exactly that both tubes patent left Hydrosalpinx normal pelvis. I will call my doc tomorrow and ask for an appointment for when my notes come in thanks kayla!

I will download that app to, try and ignore confusion for now and get on with the baby making lol!

Sounds exciting hub, hope you manage to get all the info you need for your hospital bag :hug: xx

I agree, ignore it. It wouldn't say both tubes patent unless they were. Sometimes these medics are just weird. Onwards with ttc!!
:dust:

Tella - really happy to see u again. thinking about u my friend. lots of baby :dust: :dust: to u for u next iui cycle. keep us post how u getting on. love u dear.

Mommymel - u are closer to meet ur baby hun. i am now with my parent house. hubby did everything for me what make me comfortable. we both are now feel worried and happy also. really think that this is our forever baby. will do scan at the end of January to confirm everything is ok. i am trying to think positive.

Joy4us - Big congratulation hun.:happydance: waiting for ur next post. happy and healthy :cloud9: months.

Jojo - just concentrate to recovering well now. take care of urself.

kyla- u r really helpfull minded hun. great to get u here on this thread. we really need ur information. feel good to talk to u my dear. last night when stretching my leg at sleeping time feel little cramp in lower abdomen. is it ok? really worried about it. my mom telling me not to stretch my belly any time now. also see bad dreams every another day. dont want to miss this pregnancy. i had cold and cough also last few days. when cough i feel anything jump up in my abdomen. is it normal?

want to say thanks to all other ladies for their presence on this thread.

Anupur - Aw, thank you so much! Just happy to help.
What you describe is all normal, the cramps and stretching etc. around your uterus are what they call round ligaments, the support your organs in your pelvis and they have to cope now with a growing uterus as well as extra blood flow to the region. Round ligament pain is very common when stretching or rolling over in bed. It's nothing to worry about.
Also bad or anxiety dreams are normal too, it's your brain processing your waking worries. Forget the bad dreams :hugs:
Loving your sweet pea!

AFM: I'm a watermelon at last!! :happydance: I'll be cheering all my bfp and ltttc ladies on until your watermelon stages and then beautiful OD babies arrive.
Bit of stress here though, my blood pressure is high so I have to go into Fetal Assessment Unit for monitoring on Friday as it may be the start of pre-eclampsia but not too worried as don't have any other signs.
Take care all :dust:

Morning ladies, hope you are all on fine form this morning and those suffering from the cold weather managing to stay safe and warm! :hugs:

Anupur, I agree with Kyla hun re the ligament pains, I have these a lot especially during the night when I turn around, it can be hard not to worry but its perfectly normal, just try and relax as much as possible hun, I also suffer from the dreams! Not long now to your scan :happydance:

Kyla, take care of yourself hun, you are a life saver here, cant thank you enough, hope you got your bag packed ok :hugs:

Jojo, oh dont worry too much about the Dr jargon hun, if anything was too badly wrong after the op you would have been told. I was lucky enough to see my consultant after the op but I ended up having to stay the night due to sickness so I got to see a Dr later that night and in the morning before I was discharged and they all went over the op results with me, still when I opened my notes for the GP (yep I know youre not supposed to :winkwink:) it mentioned a possible infection of PID, which they never mentioned to me at all and still havent, I made the mistake of googling it and the first thing that came up was an STD, which I never had but turns out it could also have been from the endo as well but obviously wasnt anything they were worried about having not mentioned it! Glad youre recovering well hun, take care of yourself :hugs:

Joy, OMG hun thats brilliant, keep us posted!

Tella & Keisha, sending you both over loads of :dust: Those BFPs will be with you both very soon I hope xxx

Henry, you doing ok hun?

Bride, sending you loads of :hugs: and gl with the weight loss, you can do it!!!

Hope everyone else is ok.

I'm still waiting on my scan appointment, getting very impatient now, must be the hormones lol. Just want it to hurry up now, I'm almost at the 13 weeks I reckon, just want to make sure that everything is going ok so I can tell the boss at work (not looking forward to that!) and tell the rest of the family and get on with planning things a bit more, I'm a planner I'm afraid, when OH and me moved in together I had everything gathered up including food (I kid you not lol), my room at home looked like a warehouse and he says this will be exactly the same, I could blame the hormones again but dont think I'd get away with that one!

Sunny, try not and worry too much hun, I'm sure everything is ok, we tend to over analyse everything dont we!

thanks ladies,....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cannot believe I am another OD success. This was my first cycle TTC since!

I did also lose about 8 lbs (BMI from 26 to 25)
Also walked every day for at least 30 mins ( max 1 hour)
Followed slimming world to lose weight and eat healthy
Was also on my meds ( Femara 7.5mg, HCG trigger 10,000 at peak, Cyclogest post peak for 10 days , Aspirin 75mg in pre peak phase and (LDN) Low dose Naltraxone nightly , and vits ( Fertility support, Omega 3, Vit D, Vit C, and I started Myoinositol 2g daily last cycle)
Used Preseed and put pillow under bum for 20 mins after
oh and most importantly DTD every day from Day 10 through to and including Day 17....peak was day 14.

My HCG was confirmed as a great 1087 yesterday and my Dr has me on Cyclogest pessaries twice daily. Scan booked on 6th Feb!!

So excited - find it very hard to sleep/work at mo as am so excited!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am at work, and have read all recent posts....hope all well with everyone xx
Anpur I have those stretching pains too, and I am only 2-3 weeks its mad!!

Kyla meant to add....take care of yourself and babs xxx best luck on Fri xx

Thanks kayla and anupur and Cullen! Really appreciate the advice ladies this is such a good thread :hugs: I'm going to try and chill and just concentrate on ttc until I see fs (difficult for me as I'm also a planner and I hate not being in control)

Think im going to write up a ttc plan of action today (I'm such a loser haha)

Thanks again ladies, I'm do glad to be part of the OD club hehe!

Joy4us - was this the first time you used pressed as I've got some to try this month xx

NoJojo I had used it for almost a year but this was the first month we used the applicators and inseted it pre-intercourse

Best of luck !!

Cullen - Thanks :flower: So excited for your scan!! I'll be checking for updates. I'm a planner - I had Excel spreadsheet on things I actually needed for baby and what the prices were, including the most I was prepared to pay! Trouble is, I'm a planner AND a procrastinator in equal measures so I might look organised but it takes me ages to get round to actually shifting my backside into action :haha:

Joy - Wishing you a H&H 9 months :cloud9: So happy we've got another BFP on the thread. Your scan is booked for my EDD. :happydance: How many weeks are you?

JoJo - I recommend PreSeed too. I used it (not for the 1st time) on the cycle I got my BFP, I also used the applicators to go internal. I didn't tell DH, in case it put him off......just tried to convince him he was doing a great job :serenade:
:rofl:
Ooh I love your ttc planning, did you get BabyMed app? What's the plan? Temps? OPKs? Are you on a good pre-natal? Pregnacare Conception was great for me and DH had Wellman Conception too. Exciting for you!!!!!

Thanks Kyla will be thinking of you that day xx my LMP was 16.12.12 and my Peak was about 28/30 December so I think 2-3 weeks. Guess hospital would say 4 weeks right?? So clueless....an expert on TTC - lot to learn about the next steps.

Have to confess I joined this thread as it is soo lucky.....hopefully plenty more BFP's soon :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Joy - Yes, you'd be 4 weeks pregnant exactly, due around 22nd September :cloud9: That puts you at a poppyseed!
When you get your scan, they'll be able to adjust your expected due date (EDD) according to the size of the baby and sometimes this matches better with ovulation. In my case I had to go back 4 days for EDD because I ovulated late. Congrats again.

Woo hoo ladies first cycle post OD and we got our first BFP ever today HCG is 1087 ..........so excited will post more tomorrow CANNOT believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:That is one awesome Beta!!!! you have a strong forever baby in there! Look after yourself!

Hello ladies,:flower: I posted on here a lil while ago and said I was due to have the op an got loads of great advice from you ladies :hugs: I have been silently stalking ever since and reading my way through the old posts and I can't express how much reading all your stories helped me.

I had my op yesterday so i am now officially an OD girl :happydance: I didn't get nervous at all and I think it's because I knew what to expect from all your stories.

So the op went really well, only thing I was slightly disappointed by was that I didn't get to see my fs after the op. one of the nurses showed be some pictures and read a report to me which said I had no endo no blockages etc which seemed fine. But then she gave me a note that I had to hand into my gp which said

'both tubes patent, left hydrosalpis normal pelvis now the hand writing isn't very good but the nearest word I can find to it that makes sense for the h word is Hydrosalpinx which is a blockage of water in the Fallopian tube.

This would make sense to me as my left side is sooo much more sore than my right as soon as I woke up I thought there must have been something there. Plus I have three incisions all on my left. I haven't got an appointment with fs for 8 weeks but im so confused. Why would the report the nurse showed me say no blockages if the report for my doc says I have a Hydrosalpinx??

Any advice ladies I'd really appreciate it!

Sorry for waffling and thanks in advance :hugs:

Good to hear your op went well and that you werent nerveous! This is your first step towards your BFP, now it is just a matter of BDing enough and catching that eggy!! My recommendation will be an CBFM, i have been using it for the last 4 months and it is lovely!!!! So much better than OPK's, no need to hold your Pee for 4 hours with out drinking anything :dohh: i was always worried if my pee was diluted and therefor i might miss my surge.

Tella - really happy to see u again. thinking about u my friend. lots of baby :dust: :dust: to u for u next iui cycle. keep us post how u getting on. love u dear.

Mommymel - u are closer to meet ur baby hun. i am now with my parent house. hubby did everything for me what make me comfortable. we both are now feel worried and happy also. really think that this is our forever baby. will do scan at the end of January to confirm everything is ok. i am trying to think positive.

Joy4us - Big congratulation hun.:happydance: waiting for ur next post. happy and healthy :cloud9: months.

Jojo - just concentrate to recovering well now. take care of urself.

kyla- u r really helpfull minded hun. great to get u here on this thread. we really need ur information. feel good to talk to u my dear. last night when stretching my leg at sleeping time feel little cramp in lower abdomen. is it ok? really worried about it. my mom telling me not to stretch my belly any time now. also see bad dreams every another day. dont want to miss this pregnancy. i had cold and cough also last few days. when cough i feel anything jump up in my abdomen. is it normal?

want to say thanks to all other ladies for their presence on this thread.

It is soooooo lovely to see your pregnancy ticker!!!!!!!! Look after yourself and get enough rest! :kiss::kiss: Love you to dear friend!

AFM: I'm a watermelon at last!! :happydance: I'll be cheering all my bfp and ltttc ladies on until your watermelon stages and then beautiful OD babies arrive.
Bit of stress here though, my blood pressure is high so I have to go into Fetal Assessment Unit for monitoring on Friday as it may be the start of pre-eclampsia but not too worried as don't have any other signs.
Take care all :dust:

Happy Watermelon!!!! I think you guys must start a thread for just photos of OD success babies :D now chatting just photos of all our proud grads!

Morning ladies, hope you are all on fine form this morning and those suffering from the cold weather managing to stay safe and warm! :hugs:

Anupur, I agree with Kyla hun re the ligament pains, I have these a lot especially during the night when I turn around, it can be hard not to worry but its perfectly normal, just try and relax as much as possible hun, I also suffer from the dreams! Not long now to your scan :happydance:

Kyla, take care of yourself hun, you are a life saver here, cant thank you enough, hope you got your bag packed ok :hugs:

Jojo, oh dont worry too much about the Dr jargon hun, if anything was too badly wrong after the op you would have been told. I was lucky enough to see my consultant after the op but I ended up having to stay the night due to sickness so I got to see a Dr later that night and in the morning before I was discharged and they all went over the op results with me, still when I opened my notes for the GP (yep I know youre not supposed to :winkwink:) it mentioned a possible infection of PID, which they never mentioned to me at all and still havent, I made the mistake of googling it and the first thing that came up was an STD, which I never had but turns out it could also have been from the endo as well but obviously wasnt anything they were worried about having not mentioned it! Glad youre recovering well hun, take care of yourself :hugs:

Joy, OMG hun thats brilliant, keep us posted!

Tella & Keisha, sending you both over loads of :dust: Those BFPs will be with you both very soon I hope xxx

Henry, you doing ok hun?

Bride, sending you loads of :hugs: and gl with the weight loss, you can do it!!!

Hope everyone else is ok.

I'm still waiting on my scan appointment, getting very impatient now, must be the hormones lol. Just want it to hurry up now, I'm almost at the 13 weeks I reckon, just want to make sure that everything is going ok so I can tell the boss at work (not looking forward to that!) and tell the rest of the family and get on with planning things a bit more, I'm a planner I'm afraid, when OH and me moved in together I had everything gathered up including food (I kid you not lol), my room at home looked like a warehouse and he says this will be exactly the same, I could blame the hormones again but dont think I'd get away with that one!

Sunny, try not and worry too much hun, I'm sure everything is ok, we tend to over analyse everything dont we!

I can just imagine your excitement to your scan!!!!! Cant wait to see a pic of your little bean! Can you see your tummy yet?

thanks ladies,....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cannot believe I am another OD success. This was my first cycle TTC since!

I did also lose about 8 lbs (BMI from 26 to 25)
Also walked every day for at least 30 mins ( max 1 hour)
Followed slimming world to lose weight and eat healthy
Was also on my meds ( Femara 7.5mg, HCG trigger 10,000 at peak, Cyclogest post peak for 10 days , Aspirin 75mg in pre peak phase and (LDN) Low dose Naltraxone nightly , and vits ( Fertility support, Omega 3, Vit D, Vit C, and I started Myoinositol 2g daily last cycle)
Used Preseed and put pillow under bum for 20 mins after
oh and most importantly DTD every day from Day 10 through to and including Day 17....peak was day 14.

My HCG was confirmed as a great 1087 yesterday and my Dr has me on Cyclogest pessaries twice daily. Scan booked on 6th Feb!!

So excited - find it very hard to sleep/work at mo as am so excited!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am at work, and have read all recent posts....hope all well with everyone xx
Anpur I have those stretching pains too, and I am only 2-3 weeks its mad!!

Thanks for sharing your recipe to success!!!! We also starting with excersise next week, but we gonna cycle.

I have been using concieve plus which is the same as preseed, but i only insert it into the softcup that i insert after BD. Maybe i should do like Kyla says and pretend that DH is doing a great job at it and not tell him about it.

Thanks Kyla will be thinking of you that day xx my LMP was 16.12.12 and my Peak was about 28/30 December so I think 2-3 weeks. Guess hospital would say 4 weeks right?? So clueless....an expert on TTC - lot to learn about the next steps.

Have to confess I joined this thread as it is soo lucky.....hopefully plenty more BFP's soon :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I rate, you need a ticker on your signature! :winkwink:

AFM > Crazy, crazy! My CBFM when from Low on Saturday to High on Sunday and straight to Peak on Monday and Tuesday. Needless to say we didnt BD enough but did BD on Sunday and last night. 14days to go then i will start with IUI cycle.

Kayla - Yes I downlaoded the app as soon as you mentioned it last night and put monday's date in as day one.:flower:

My plan of action so far is...OPK's I've got cheapy ones and clear blue ones as they are quicker so I can do them in the toilet at work becuase I read 2pm was the best time of day to do the test:winkwink:. DH is on well man, I'm on the seven seas preconception pill becuase I couldn't find pregnecare anywhere, I'm also doing bbt but that is a complete mindfield.

Me and DH have agreed to BD every other day at least but he has asked me not to tell him when I've ovulated until after so he dosent get any performance issues :blush:.

Tella Thanks so much hun, How have you found the CBFM, I read really good things about it and was looking into it but someone said its no good for pcos. Would love to hear your thoughts on it

Other than that I guess its just :sex: and :headspin:

Would love to hear what you other ladies are doing/did to help me work out my plan

PS Kayla forgot to say! Congrats on getting to a watermelon

lots and lots of :dust: to all you lovely helpful ladies :) xxx

Thanks Kyla , that is near our 2nd wedding anniversary (17th Sept ) so very exciting !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tella so excited still:happydance::happydance:

also last month I went from low to high to peak just as you described; so fingerscrossed its a good sign for you. I never had that response before xx I used CBFM also & For sure will have to sort ticker x Best wishes for a BFP soon

Jojo best of luck with your plan- sounds great :happydance:

Tella - Thanks! Yes, a new thread is a good idea, I was thinking the other day it'd be nice to have some statistics for the newbies of the OD graduates. If someone else doesn't start one, I'll look at doing it after baby arrives.
Fingers crossed for you this cycle - you never know :happydance:

JoJo - Yay for BabyMed app. It's fab for plotting pregnancy dates when you get your BFP too.
Your plan sounds great, don't think I'd have anything to suggest on top of that. It's all about settling those hormones and letting your body recover. I did the temps, they can be really out of whack for the first month or so post op, but it's worth doing if you can. Great idea about not telling DH and try not to focus on it too much yourself either, take it day by day as each day is a step closer to your bfp. :thumbup:
Here's to kicking PCOS in the ass! :bodyb:

Joy - Aw, that's a great date!! :cloud9:

Henry - How's things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back