anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Milynn - Temping is a great start. If you create an ovulation chart on Fertility Friend website, you can upload the chart into your signature and ladies will be able to advise you on how your chart is looking if you have any questions.
A good prenatal vitamin is a must for you, a lot of ladies encourage their OHs to take a male preconception vitamin too, if you can't find one locally, I believe a zinc supplement is a good idea. He should be avoiding hottubs, tight clothing and alcohol. I also read a report recently about a couple struggling to conceive and they got a bfp when the hubby moved his laptop off his lap and onto a table!
OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) can be useful, although PCOS ladies sometimes get false results, you can try to use them when you start to see improvement in your temps.
The hardest thing of all as we've all said is having patience. Your body needs time to settle down and recover and it's important to try to relax and not stress if you don't see instant results - it'll happen :hugs:

Thanks Kayla, I've got some OPK's so I will use them at first and then if I dont get pregnant I'll look into CBFM. Did you manage to get all the info you needed for your hospital bag last night?

Hi MrsVaughan :flower: had my OD done on monday so we are only one week apart! How are you finding it so far? How long have you been trying for! xxx

Heyy.. I am still sore in my belly button but thats about it, i was sore for what i felt was ages but apparently normal.. We have been trying for coming up two years but started last year seeing a fs, I know i have PCOS but am finally on the meds to sort it.. How about you, how long have you been trying for?

xx

Milynn - Temping is a great start. If you create an ovulation chart on Fertility Friend website, you can upload the chart into your signature and ladies will be able to advise you on how your chart is looking if you have any questions.
A good prenatal vitamin is a must for you, a lot of ladies encourage their OHs to take a male preconception vitamin too, if you can't find one locally, I believe a zinc supplement is a good idea. He should be avoiding hottubs, tight clothing and alcohol. I also read a report recently about a couple struggling to conceive and they got a bfp when the hubby moved his laptop off his lap and onto a table!
OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) can be useful, although PCOS ladies sometimes get false results, you can try to use them when you start to see improvement in your temps.
The hardest thing of all as we've all said is having patience. Your body needs time to settle down and recover and it's important to try to relax and not stress if you don't see instant results - it'll happen :hugs:

I appreciate all your advice especially before you eventually sign off to turn your attention to baby :crib: that's on the way!!!! I'm gone to get a thermometer today:plane:

Milynn81, welcome to the thread hun, this is a brilliant place to be and the advice you will get will be fab! Its brilliant you have had cycle on your own hun, your BFP will no doubt be coming soon, I cant recommend anything other than what already has been, I didnt temp, we had been ttc for so long I knew my body quite well, OPKs werent something I used either, we just tried to bd every other day at least, must have worked lol. Sending you over loads of :dust:

Anupur, not long now until your scan, hope youre feeling ok hun.

Nikkia, how are you doing hun? We are I guess bump buddies, our LMP was both on 10/10.

Henry, you ok hun?

Kyla, fab news everything is ok with you, not long now hun, sooo excited for you, hospital bag and all packed, youre one organised lady!

Me, I'm doing ok, was sick again last night but its definitely working its way out, just about once or twice a week now and the rest of the time I dont feel too bad, a bit tired still in the evenings but then I work full time so its probably just that. We went to look at prams at the weekend, my gosh, didnt realise there was as much a choice, any recommendations would be good, I think I'd like the travel system ones and something that is quite light to carry too, some were that heavy I couldnt lift the frame! We had looked at a Mamas & Papas one but I wasnt keen on it, liked the look and feel of the I-Candy Cherry with the Maxi-Cosy carseat, anyone know anything about it?

Cullen - iCandy are great! I wish wed gone for one. We have Quinny buzz and I wouldn't recommend it! Yes, the world of baby stuff us huge!!!

Cullen - :cloud9: Loving the scan pic!! Have you decided if you want to know the gender at your 20 weeks scan? We found out with this one and with DS, so glad we did.
iCandy is a great brand and I've read loads of good reviews on the boards here and online. I am using my Loola travel system/pushchair I bought and saved from DS. At the time it was one of the first that had a parent facing seat and that's what sold me. It's in great condition, but the shopping basket is really small and difficult to get to - the iCandy is much better for that. One of the considerations is the type of walks you'll be going on and the area where you live. Some people need more of an 'off road' style. Also, the height of the handles (or ability to adjust) is crucial, I've seen loads of Dads all hunched over pushing their kids because they're too tall for the pushchair :haha: and that just leads to backache. You really don't want a Dad getting man-backache. :haha: Can it fit folded into you car? etc
I've got the MaxiCosi Cabriofix car seat to go onto the Loola. I had a MaxiCosi car seat with DS but it's out of date for using again, however it was brilliant. I was torn between Cabriofix and Pebble.....I went for Cabriofix as it seems more user friendly and less stiff than the Pebble. Also it has grey hooks on the side that you can hook the seatbelts into when you're putting baby in/out.
I also opted for the ISOFIX base, as I hated leaning in to put the seatbelts round safely each time (DS was a winter baby too). Great for peace of mind, easily sellable again on eBay and I found it's quicker to get baby in/out the car, which counts when you've got an unattended load of shopping waiting to go in the boot. Hope this helps. :hugs:

Cullen thank you!! It's been so great for me to read your journeys and see the outcomes. This time last year to read how lots of ladies were in my shoes and see you all expecting now gives me so much positive hope! My DH wants this more than anything and at one point I had to stop myself from falling into depression:cry:. Like I'm not fulfilling my duties as a wife. He is very supportive but not good with verbalizing his emotions. I feel his sadness so I'm trying to stay upbeat for BOTH of us. You all are definitely contributing to that. :hugs:

Hello, Kyla not long now are you all set?

Cullen I'm doing ok thanks like you still get tired after work in the evenings and have been having lower back pain and TMI bas constipation which has been awful. I have been looking online for travel systems and we are going to go shopping after our 20 week scan at end of feb to have a good look and feel. xx

:hi: Nikkia. Sorry you've got constipation, I've had a few battles with it myself. I've been taking this (which is fantastic!):
https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/flourishe-p576/
I just dissolve it into a hot drink, can't taste it at all.

I've also been making lots of this all bran cake (adding prunes and dates or even mashed banana to vary the taste). I eat a slice for breakfast each day :haha:
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1980639/all-bran-loaf-cake

I'm nearly almost all ready! These last few weeks are like all symptom spotting. I'm hoping that the weather gets warmer quickly as I'm worried about having to make the hospital journey in the snow/ice. :wacko:

Milynn - :hugs: Totally understand your feelings. I was the same this time last year. You're making progress towards that bfp, keep up that positive thinking :thumbup:

AFM - Ugh, well I saw my consultant again today, and I have to go back again next week :dohh: I'll probably be under complete consultant care as after next week I'll be nearly 40 weeks :shock: and I can't see them signing me off for the last few weeks to see my MW. My blood pressure is slightly raised and I have protein in my urine sample again so they're monitoring still for pre-eclampsia. They also want to rescan me so that's a bonus :happydance: I'm exhausted too, going to try and have a nap :sleep:

Kyla - that's fab that you'll have another scan! I wish they'd scan everyone just before or during early labour! Sophia was back to back but no one could tell until I was 18 hours into labour, fully dilated and she just wasn't coming down! If they scanned me they'd know right away! I hope the last few weeks are uneventful for you and labour goes smoothly.

Love seeing all the new pregnancy tickets on this thread! I joined it 2 years ago and it has been the luckiest thread ever! Here's to many more bfp's for our ladies in the very near future :dust:

Sunny, Henry, Bride, Anupur, Joy and JoJo thinking of you all... :friends:

Hi all! Sorry I've not been about much - my life recently is . . . Get up, go to work, come home from work and go to bed haha! Sooooo tired it is crazy! Just spent some time trying to catch up there, glad everyone's appointments have been going well and to the new bfps!! :happydance:

Glad your scan went well Cullen :flower:

Kyla u must be getting so excited!! Not long now at all!

Afm that's me 10 and a half weeks now! Just waiting for my next scan appointment to come through :thumbup:

Hope everyone's well :flower:

Hey ladies
Sorry haven't been on in awhile have been silently keeping up to date as Als quiet with me at the min still taking the pill will finish it this Sunday and hopefully af will be a normal one otherwise ill go back on the pill until I see fs in march
Cullen loving the scan pic hope your keeping well Hun
Kyla whoo nearly there say your supper excited
How's everyone else doing

:hi: Henry and Bride!

Henry - I remember the exhaustion of the first trimester, it really eases off for the 2nd tri. Hope your scan date comes through soon.

Bride - Good luck for the new cycle. I hope your AF comes and is normal, keep us posted. Sending you lots of new cycle dust
:dust:

I'm doing ok, bit stressed at the moment with a couple of issues outside the home and I'm trying so hard not to be because my blood pressure is still wonky and they're still monitoring me for pre-eclampsia. I'm ready to go, just waiting now. O:)

hi :wave: ladies!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weeekend and are well rested!

Im out again :cry: After having serious all day sickness and being naseaus the whole day on Saturday, i thought it might just have actually happened for us but i was wrong, did a FRER on Sunday morning and it was stark white. I had spotting though out my whole Lp which is really strange as i NEVER get spotting. But when i woke up this morning i had full blown AF with a short LP of only 12days :( Im so bummed out, im even scared to continue taking Vitex as im wondering if it is causing my LP to shorten as i always had a perfect 14day LP, what do you girls think?

So i have my Baseline scan on Wednesday at 8am so nice and early. Then we start with IUI with intralips and predisinone.

I'm so sorry Tella :hugs: when I read your post the memories of the heartache came flooding back... :nope: it's a horrible feeling so I'm sending you massive hugs.
I read conflicting advice on Vitex (Angus Castus) for PCOS suffered and decided against taking it. Do you taking vitamin B complex to help with the luteal phase? But it also sounds like its a one off and usually your LP is fine! Also 12 days is not bad! Anything over 10 days gives that embryo a fair chance to implant. Besides you should be on progesterone anyway after your IUI.

As always my fingers are very tightly crossed for you!!!! :dust:

Tella - i agree which maria said. Dont think about short LP. After iui u will be on progesteron meds. It will help ur embrayo to attached with ur uterine wall. Relaxed and prepare urself for iui. Tella did u do any exercise? If not then 30min walking will help ur blood flow of the ovary and uterous. My best wishes have always with u dear. Lots of lovely baby :dust: :dust: to u.

Tella - i agree which maria said. Dont think about short LP. After iui u will be on progesteron meds. It will help ur embrayo to attached with ur uterine wall. Relaxed and prepare urself for iui. Tella did u do any exercise? If not then 30min walking will help ur blood flow of the ovary and uterous. My best wishes have always with u dear. Lots of lovely baby :dust: :dust: to u.

Maria > Thanks for the kind words, we just keep on praying for our little mirracle. The reason im worried that it is shortening is becuase since i have been taking Vitex it has become a day shorter every cycle :nope: and im scared if i continue with it it might cause a LP deficiency :shrug: So im just not gonna continue taking them, i have stopped this cycle.

Hows your cycles been since your pregnancy?

Anupur > Im very glad to know that i will be monitored next cycle and that the prog will help ensure that little bean attach like he/she should.

I have not been great at excersising but i told DH earlier that im gonna walk in the mornings for 30min and then in the afternoon when he gets home we gonna go for another walk. So im gonna do mine just now :happydance:

Time for you scan is coming closer :happydance: cant wait to see a copy of your little bean snugged in there!

AFM > WOW this has been one crazy AF, yesterday was crazy sore and lots of blood clots :nope: this morning it seems alot better but im convinced that my body was trying to do its job but my immune was attacking it, so Fx for the Prednisone doing its job.

Tella soooo sorry that AF got you! Stupid :witch:!!! big :hugs: for you! did you have a regular cycle before you started taking Vitex? I've heard that if your cycle is already ok then it can have the oposite effect.

Fx'd hun that this cycle will be your cycle.

Some of you may remember I was asking about a Hydrosaplinx, well I had to see my GP last week becuase my stiches were infected so I asked him and he said that there was a blockage of water but that it has been removed. Glad he could give me some clarification on that.

My FS appointment came through for 4th of April, which is longer than 8 weeks but me a DH discussed it and have agreed we would rather have the extra time to try naturally ourselfs and see if the OD has worked.

Got my AF last week so I'm currently CD 5 FX'd I will at least OV this cycle.

:dust: :dust: :dust: to all you lovely ladies waiting for your bfp's xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"