anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hey ladies,

Wow its fantastic to see so many people with BFP after the ovarian drilling gives me some hope. I am just praying that PCOS is all we have to deal with and there is nothing else wrong when they do the lap and dye.

Has anyone else had to be signed off work by the consultant? When I told my boss as the op is on the Friday he said I can have Saturday and Sunday to recover ( I work in an office Mon- Frid 9-5) and then if I need more time it will have to come out of my holiday entitlement. I only get 20 days holiday and I have to save 3 of those for Xmas and I am going to Mexico which need 11 days in June and Cornwall in September which is 6 days - erm job done then holiday wise. I was so annoyed as I was prepared to take it unpaid but to be told after an op I need to use holiday to be off work I am fuming. They have said their reasoning is because I am choosing to have the operation! xx

Torilou sorry I dont know much about ovulating - did you ovulate on clomid when you got the pain before? Have you done temps as i keep doing them and that is how I realised I ovulated all on my own last month so was expecting my period when it came which never happens!!! x

I had a boss say same thing to me. I was wanting to get od done long time ago and was told by my boss at the time I'd have to take hold as I was choosing to have op. Can u get letter off ur doc or fs to say u need op on medical grounds. It's not as if yr going in to have yr boobs done after all is it! Gotta b a man that said that to u or a childless woman!! x

MrsChambers

Yes I did ov on clomid, had to stop using it though as had problems with it so not allowed it again, I cant believe your boss!!! Choosing to have your op! What a ass! xx

It was indeed a man. I will get a sick note off the hospital to cover it the last person I know got signed off for 2 weeks after a lap and dye I only told them a week. Will see what they say. The worst part is he sent the office manager to tell me and she has had a lap and dye done herself 6 years ago to conceive her son. Erm thanks!
I was told although I NEED it I am CHOOSING to have it. My argument was if I NEEDED a heart transplant then I would be CHOOSING to have it!

I reckon it could be a good sign then torilou fingers crossed x

Tori - Id say ov would be worse the first few cycles after the od as the ovaries probably still have the scars from the drilling so Id expect them to hurt more.

It does sound like you've either ov'ed over night or are ov'ing now :happydance: Hope you and DH were busy last night :winkwink:

Mrs Chambers - that's shocking! I got a 2 week sick note but only used 1 of them and my work were so caring and understanding
If I were you Id check your rights about taking time off whilst having a valid doctors note. I doubt they can make you take it out of your holidays when you#ve been officially signed off! :growlmad:

MariaF

Yes we got yiggy with it, mind you last nights might not of been any good but maybe the afternoon was :haha: Hoping I havnt overdone it and depleated the amount too much :blush:

Cant wait for monday now to get my bloods done just to see if I did in fact ov :shrug: xxx

omg i can't believe some peoples bosses. my principal hugged me when i told him and he said he hopes my surgery is a success. i work at a great school. i am taking off weds., thurs,fri,sat,sun and monday. do you think that will be long enough. my suregery is on the weds.

Tryingforever - yeah, I think it'll be plenty. Just make sure the first few days you take it easy and get plenty of rest. I think that's what helped me to recover quicker.

OMG Ladies - I got the darkest OPK ever this morning :thumbup::happydance::happydance::happydance:

The progression started last night together with ewcm and some stomach aches - I am still scared to believe that I may be ovulating just 12 days after the OD :wacko:
It may be just hormones sorting themselves out so Im not getting too excited...but will BD just in case tonight

I wish I knew how to attach pictures - I have a great photo of my opks :thumbup:

Attachments

• opk1.jpg
    opk1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 8
Wow Maria they look fab! Fingers crossed it isnt just hormones!

I got weighed last night and have lost another 5lbs so 26lbs in 5 weeks isnt so bad! I am getting greedy now as I really wanted 7 as it would have taken me down another BMI point and made it exactly 2 stone loss. But I know its still good.

I am disappointed though as last month on day 21 I ovulated all on my own so me and the hubby have been busy but it doesnt look like my temps are doing what they should! Gutted!

omg Maria!! Thats defo a pos! You can see the buildup to it with the others so I wouldnt say thats just hormones!! Good luck!!!!!! xxxxxx

MrsChambers - WOW! I must say Im a bot jealous of your incredible success at weight loss. That's so fantastic!! Well done! :thumbup: Do you have far to go?

Tori - yeah, I only started doing them on Mon night and of course it was clearly negative. Then did one last night and I thought it was a faulty one because the control line was also quite feint. And did one this morning (NOT FMU) and the test line started developing before the control! In real life the test line looks almost black :wacko:

Ill do another one tonight and then tomorrow - make sure they get lighter. I reckon Ill ov overnight tonight :thumbup:

thats a deffo positive opk thats how mine looked th month before i got my :bfp:

the month i got my bfp i never got a pos opk at all i actually thought i hadnt ovulated lol how wrong was i :)

hope all you girls are ok

i had my 13 week scan on monday but picture was crap as i couldnt keep bladder full due to a water infection, :cry:

Congrats on 13 weeks scan Helen! Glad it all went well for u hun xx

Congrats on 13 weeks scan Helen! Glad it all went well for u hun xx

ty hun it was 13 week 4 days im now 14 weeks today!! :yipee:

heres the pic its not great as i said due to a water infection!

Attachments

• 13 weeks 4 days!.jpg
    13 weeks 4 days!.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4
It's fab. U can make out clearly yr perfect little baby. Oh I cannot wait to have my scan. I'm so excited xx

It's fab. U can make out clearly yr perfect little baby. Oh I cannot wait to have my scan. I'm so excited xx

thank you hun :)

will you get an early one due to you been on clomid?

i had one at 7 weeks due to baby been a clomid baby

happy 6 weeks for yesterday hun :)

i find out what im having on 4th may :yipee:

Arrrggghh - how fab yr finding out! So am I so I can plan. I already think its a boy and bought loadsa boy clothes. Im haveing a scan at 7 and bit weeks. How comes u gotta have early scan if its clomid baby?

Loving your scan pic babydust!!! Happy 14 weeks to you!!

Arrrggghh - how fab yr finding out! So am I so I can plan. I already think its a boy and bought loadsa boy clothes. Im haveing a scan at 7 and bit weeks. How comes u gotta have early scan if its clomid baby?

dont know hospital gave me one due to theres a bigger risk it been ectopic & apparently due to multiple births or something so they had to give me one to check how many i had :dohh:

aww i really want a boy but i think it will be a girl lol

ty ff how are you doing?

i took a picture of my latest bump pic and i have so many stretch marks i wanna cry lol ive tried everything on them :( i have so many more on the other side of the pic u cant see lol

Attachments

• photo0184_001.jpg
    photo0184_001.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2