anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Congrats LPEAR on your BFP!!!!!Hope everyone is doing great & that all the pregnant ladies are enjoying their pregnancies, i cannot wait to join you guys!!!

Mrs Vaughan - I was exactly the same! I couldn't picture myself pregnant, getting a positive test or having a baby. I also read success stories here and just knew it couldn't be me. I can't explain it.
Then when I did get a bfp it took weeks to sink in!!! I do know how you feel. I was also really worried that my negative mental attitude was preventing my body from getting pregnant. As in I was scared that because I couldn't imagine getting pregnant my body was taking that seriously and not getting pregnant! So it was a vicious circle. But in the end 8 months after OD it happened!

Keisha - I really hope your DH gets better soon! And you only need one cycle of IVF to get a bfp! April is just 2 months away!!

MrsVaughan I 100% get where you are coming from! In first cycle after op to but haven't ovulated (cd12) I think it's easy to spend so long with hopes pinned all on the op and now it's over and done with its all the what ifs!

Have you ever read through this thread from the begining? I'm on page 200 now there's a lot to read but it is really encouraging :)

I think it's natural to feel like your never going to get pregnant, I feel the same and I think it's our brains way of trying to protect us from dissapointment.

Just remember Hun you can't defy medical science, they have given you an op that will help u! Especially if the pcos wasnt to bad, just think there is now no reason you can't get pregnant. It's like you've been reset and now your like a 'normal couple' ttc. It can still take a healthy couple a year and we've all had extra help so we have a head start on them!

I hope you feel better soon hun :hug: ttc can be such a roller costa for our poor old emotions xxxx

I agree with jojo. I think statistically it's something like 10-15% of couples still haven't conceived within 2 years. Without any medical intervention. By the time tests have been carried out and medical help offered I believe that number falls to below 5%. And even then it's often because couples stop at IVF because they either can't afford it or are against it.
So what I'm trying to say is that unless either of you have a sever deformity (like you don't have a uterus!) which would mean getting pregnant would be impossible, it should eventually happen. I remember what used to get me down the most is not knowing WHEN!!! If only someone at the very beginning of ttc told me that we would struggle but after 2-4-5 years it will definitely happen I would have relaxed and enjoyed our last couple of years as just the 2 of us. Instead just like everyone on here I stressed and stressed :nope:

I hope you will ovulate very soon hun!

Kyla, still stalking the thread for some news, hope youre doing ok hun xx

MrsVaughan, I echo what everyone else has said, I too didnt think it would ever happen to me, I almost didnt get the OD done because I thought there would be no point and I had been ov'ing prior to then, just couldnt get that BFP. I now know if I hadnt had the OD I wouldnt have gotten by BFP. Seriously hun, I know its very easy for other people to say but it will happen, just try and relax yourself, it can take some months after the OD before your body settles itself down, its been through a big trauma! I had the OD done end of July and got my BFP in my October cycle and I had thought there was no hope so it does happen. Sending you over loads of sticky :dust: and tons of :hugs:, were all here if you need us xx

LPEAR, ooooh hun thats absolutely brilliant hun, huge big congratulations xxx

Hope everyone else is well x

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and wishes over the past week. I'm delighted to announce that baby Jude arrived safely via an emergency c-section on Saturday 2nd February, weighing 7lb 4oz. :cloud9:

It was quite an eventful labour, and I'm recovering post section so I'll update you properly later.

We chose the name Jude because even though we are not religious, we were inspired that Saint Jude is the patron saint of "lost causes" and "cases despaired of". When all other avenues are closed, he is the one to call upon, and his help often comes at the last moment. I found it summed up our ltttc journey so well, I am sure you can all relate to the feeling it is never going to happen. Baby Jude is proof that it does :flower:

Hope you are all well, congrats Lpear!!:happydance: I'll be back on soon to catch up. :friends:

Yay congratulations to you all Kyla. I love the name and the meaning made me cry.I hope you make a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing your birth story. xxx

Oh Kyla hun thats so lovely to hear you both are doing well, such a beautiful name and the sentiment behind it is just adorable, keep us posted hun when youre up and about again, sending you over :hugs: x

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:HUGE CONGRATS KYLA :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I cant wait to see a photo of your little bundle of joy!!!!

Keisha > I know IVF is a very scary idea but once you start with it it is not bad at all. To me it was a lot easier than IUI as i knew there was an embryo and that was atleast not a problem, and for me it was a process of elimination so now we know implantation is my problem! I have all the faith that you will have success the first round and be getting your BFP in APRIL :hugs:

MrsVaughan > Like everyone says, it is hard to keep your head up but we have too, OD has a possitive effect on our cycles one way or another and that little bit will help you in getting to your BFP!!!

Keep faith and dont make BD a chore, i made the mistake and it was killing me and DH, so bad that we had a huge fight and me eventually confessing that i feel like im not a wife as i cant give him kids, but that hurt him even more as he said he married me to be with me and having kids was a by product but one he wants just as much as me but will never be the reason for us to break up and he wont allow it.

Thinking about you!!!! :hugs:

Maria > WOW that is amazing numbers! Gives me inspiration as well! :kiss:

AFM > I have my CD11 scan tomorrow morning, fx'd we have 2-3 great quality big follies to trigger and do IUI on Saturday as well as Intralpids infusion! Will keep you girls posted.

Kayla Congrats Hun! Jude is a gorgous name and I love your reasoning behind it :thumbup: Please upload some pictures for us to see! Your story gives me hope xx

Girls.....LOOK!!!!! My FIRST EVER postivite OPT!!!! I just snuck into the toilets at work, peed on a stick and was playing scrable on my phone :coffee: biding my time when I suddenly looked and saw a smiley face! :happydance: wish someone could have seen me I literally jumped back and dropped the stick I can't believe it!!!

So please excuse the next part ladies, my brain is going 101 miles per hour and I need some advice.

If I've had the pos today then that means I should ovulate in the next 2 days right (I'm CD 13 so could potentially be having a 28 day cycle :happydance:)???

We only BD on Sunday not Monday or Tuesday becuase of DH work, we should be ok though if we BD as much as we can in the next few days right?

DH is going swimming straight from work and wont be in till about 8 do you think I should tell him to just come straight home? Also should I tell him I'm potentially Oing or do you think he will be under too much pressure???

Sorry ladies I've just never had this before and I'm so excited!

I know the chances are we prob wont get pregnant this month but just the fact that I've even had a pos opt and could potentially ovulate feels like the best thing that has ever happened to me! Nothing can wipe the smile off my face now! The next few hours of work are going to be torture!!!

:happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo:

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
Tella I'm so sorry! For some reason my computer didn't show me your post, didn't mean to completely ignore you!

I really hope your lil eggys are there for you tomorrow! I will be keeping you in my thoughts!Grow eggys grow!!

x

Kayla Congrats Hun! Jude is a gorgous name and I love your reasoning behind it :thumbup: Please upload some pictures for us to see! Your story gives me hope xx

Girls.....LOOK!!!!! My FIRST EVER postivite OPT!!!! I just snuck into the toilets at work, peed on a stick and was playing scrable on my phone :coffee: biding my time when I suddenly looked and saw a smiley face! :happydance: wish someone could have seen me I literally jumped back and dropped the stick I can't believe it!!!

So please excuse the next part ladies, my brain is going 101 miles per hour and I need some advice.

If I've had the pos today then that means I should ovulate in the next 2 days right (I'm CD 13 so could potentially be having a 28 day cycle :happydance:)???

We only BD on Sunday not Monday or Tuesday becuase of DH work, we should be ok though if we BD as much as we can in the next few days right?

DH is going swimming straight from work and wont be in till about 8 do you think I should tell him to just come straight home? Also should I tell him I'm potentially Oing or do you think he will be under too much pressure???

Sorry ladies I've just never had this before and I'm so excited!

I know the chances are we prob wont get pregnant this month but just the fact that I've even had a pos opt and could potentially ovulate feels like the best thing that has ever happened to me! Nothing can wipe the smile off my face now! The next few hours of work are going to be torture!!!

:happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo::happydance::wohoo:

Tella I'm so sorry! For some reason my computer didn't show me your post, didn't mean to completely ignore you!

I really hope your lil eggys are there for you tomorrow! I will be keeping you in my thoughts!Grow eggys grow!!

x

Its no problem :hugs: i remember my first + OPK, it was also a Smiley and oh boy i was taking photos and sending it to my mom, BFF and who ever knew we where trying, one could have sweared it was a BFP :haha: It is an amazing feeling!

The norm is that you will O in the next 24 - 48hrs but to have all your bases covered try and BD for the next 3 days as the eggie is still viable for 24hrs after being released. I wouldnt tell DH, my DH got worked up and then we would fight as i want to BD and he thinks it is just for O. Just seduce him and have fun.

Tella - Thanks so much hun for your understanding :) I've chilled out a little bit now but I'm still super super happy! I texted my mum as well!

Thanks for the advice hun, I will defo be following it! Will just have to seduce hubby for next three days then show him the photo after!

I honestly don't care if I get preggo or not this cycle I'm just glad that something has happened!

If you trigger tomorrow and I Ov we can be 2ww buddies :) xx

Hi ladies
I was admitted into hospital this morning after spotting.
Doc hooked me up to a fetal monitor and checked for contractions,,,,, very mild ones although I can't feel it. She is lso laying very low already.
They are giving me steriod injections to mature babys lungs, just in case I go into labour.
Since the injection baby has been extremly active..... So I might be here till friday.
Doc also booked me off work as of now............

This is not what I had planned, but I guess baby has her own time... Lol

How is everyone doing?
Love to all of u ladies..........

Mommymel, thinking of you hun, I'm sure all will be ok, keep us posted x

Jojo, oh hun thats brilliant news, really pleased for you, yep you will be ok if you bd within next day or so, I'm sure you will find loads of ways to seduce the OH :winkwink: Also swimmers can survive for up to 5 days so you could still be ok too x

Tella, fc for tomorrow hun, will be thinking of you x

Mommymel - hope everything goes well for you Hun! Let us know!

Cullen - thanks Hun

Weird thing is ive got home now and done a cheap opk and another clear blue and they're both negative! Could it have been a fluke or maybe a really short lh surge? I had a slight temp dip today and I've heard that can happen on the day you ovulate! Argh it's all so confusing and hubs is not in till 9.30 now grr!

Sorry to moan girls I was so excited now I'm so confused!! X

Oh WOW ladies these last few posts are absolutely fantastic!

Kyla - MASSIVE congratulations on Jude!!!!! Can't wait to hear about your birth and see a picture. Enjoy your two perfect boys!!!

Jojo - wow!! Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Get busy with DH :sex:

Tella - sendig you massive positive vibes!!! Grow eggies, grow!!

Kyla - Congrats! I'm so glad Jude made it here safely, albeit not as planned. Can't wait to hear the full story and see a pic!

Jojo - congrats! Yes, you can have a seriously short LH surge. The digital ones were always a little tricky to me, actually, so were the cheap ones. I just hate OPK's! But I would assume you saw a positive and get to it!!

Mommymel - Oh no! Any idea what the spotting was from? I hope all continues to go well and your little babe gets those lungs in shape! :hugs:

kyla - many many congrates. Cant wait to see a pic of ur little cuti pie. A :hugs: to both of u.​
mommymel - feel good to see u after long time. Dont worry everything will be ok. If possible then keep us posted hun.​
jojo - congrates for O'ing. Before or After my od i didnt o in my own. So ur body done one step towards pregnancy. Have patience it will defo happen. just make busy urself in this tww. I hear that protien containing food is good to take in tww. If possible then eat a handful walnut.​
tella - did u do ur scan? Everything crossed for u my friend. Keep us posted.​

MommyMel - oh my goodness, this is so exciting and also scary!!! You are nearly 36 weeks and just a week off from being full term. Hopefully little madam will stay put for another week! But if not - sending you tons of luck for labour!! She will be absolutely fine! Did they ever discover what caused the spotting? Did they scan you and examin your cervix?

Jojo- yes it's possible to have a short surge. When did you take that digital opk that was positive? Was it yesterday morning? And did you test the night before? Do another one this morning and see what that looks like. But the most reliable way to tell if you definitely ovulated is if your temperature rises in the next couple if days. Are you still getting those pains or have they stopped now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->