anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Anupur - another scan will be nice! Hope all goes well with the next one. Due date is 11th October, I knew anyway as it was IVF.

I've got my first appointment with the midwife on Monday, sounds so funny saying that!

Trying to decide whether to book another scan in a couple of weeks with a private place nearby, it's less than £40 for a scan but they are not medically trained. What do you ladies think? I just wanna see the little guy as often as possible!

Lpear - personally I'd go as often as possible until I could find hb on the home doppler. All you need to know is that lo's heart is beating and that he keeps growing, that's it! Can they tell you that?

Anupur - good luck for next Wednesday. Did you manage to see baby on the screen? Yes, Sophia eats lots of things now. She loves fish and tried chicken and tomorrow I will give her beef (sorry, I know you can't eat beef!). She also likes porridge, yoghurt, fruit and vegetables. Also toast with butter and cheese.

Thanks Maria, yes they should be able to see heart beat and possibly measure baby. I think I'll book in for a 10 week scan. When can the hb be heard on a home Doppler?

Well I was lucky and found Sophia at 9 weeks 4 days. That's very early! As I later discovered I had posterior placenta and it was quite low. I'm also quite slim around my waist so I think all of that contributed.
I think on average you can find hb is 11-12 weeks but it can also be as late as 14-15 weeks if you have an anterior placenta.
I had a Sonoline 3mHz one. 3mHz is better than 2 because its more sensitive. I lived with mine until about 27 weeks. I even took it to work with me!!

Anapur - we must be like a week apart! I think I am due around 19 Sept. Hope you are doing great!

I'm ok at the moment but had a bit of a cat poo fiasco this past weekend! I took Spartapus our cat to the vet. On the way home, he pooped in his cat box (poor lil guy was stressed) and so when we got home, my husband and I decided to bathe him :dohh:. This was really stupid! The idea was that I would hold his top half and my husband would wash the pooey bits. Well Spartapus turned into a wild little beast because he got so scared when put in the water and scratched me all over with his pooey claws. I looked down and there was so much blood all over me, I realised his pooey claw had gone directly and somewhat deeply into my vein. There was an alarming amount of blood! My DH later said that he thought Sparty might have cut my vein clean across and he was ready to call an ambulance!

I called my midwife who said I should get to the doctor. So I have had bloodwork done and am waiting for the results to make sure I dont have toxoplasmosis and a few other things :(. I am sure it is all fine but I would prefer a bit less drama and stress in my life right now! The doctor said the bleeding was a good thing as it means it is most likely if anything bad got in there, it washed right out of my body. Fingers crossed doc is right!

Aside from that, I am 11 weeks today and hopeful that I dont have any nasty infections and things go smoothly!

Hope everyone on here is doing well!

Yikes Sunny Monkey!! That's scary! I love your cat's name though!!

Cullen - Oh bless the little tickling feeling will be movement. :cloud9: Congrats on the scan, just amazing to see little one in there growing. I had to go back for another scan after 20 weeks as Jude had his back to the sonographer and they wanted to get a better look at his heart. I was secretly pleased at getting an extra peep in there for free :winkwink: How are you feeling? Have you bought anything yet?

Anupur - Good luck for your next scan, I'm sure it will go well. Happy 12 weeks!!

Nikkia - How did you scan go?

Sunny - Oh no! I'm sure you'll be fine though. "Spartapus" is the best name for a cat - ever!! Love it! :flower:

MommyMel - Any news? Thinking of you sweetie xx

AFM - Not having much free time to post but I am reading when I get a minute. I've had a rough few days, first I started with a UTI so went on antibiotics, then I had severe breast pain during and after feeding. It was like my breast tissue was twisting in pain. The health visitor said it was thrush (in the breast - who knew that was possible!?) and I had antifungals as did Jude because we can pass it back and forth between us, the Doctor gave us a prescription on HV's say so. Then when it hadn't gone (I was soooo close to giving up breastfeeding as the pain was horrible) the Doctor saw me and says it's not thrush but mastitis. :dohh: These first 6 weeks recovery and settling time are dragging on! Loving being a Mum though, 2013 is going to be a good year for the OD ladies, love and dust to all

:dust:

Hello, all hope your all ok?
Sunny poor you the risk is v low so try not to worry.
Kyla how are things with family?

Wellhad scan and all seems ok we need to go back on the 13th as baby was in a funny position and didn't move! All major organs were good they just need to measure bottom of spine and limbs. Was so lovely to see and what a diffrence in size. xx

Kyla - I had the deep breast tissue pain and it was nerve damage. :dohh: I kept thinking it could be mastitis, but I didn't have a fever and it wasn't red/hot. I spoke to a LC about it and she told me it was nerve damage, but that I should keep a strong eye out for mastitis. Luckily, it went away on it's own, but OWWW! Do/did you have the fever that accompanies mastitis?

Kyla - I had the deep breast tissue pain and it was nerve damage. :dohh: I kept thinking it could be mastitis, but I didn't have a fever and it wasn't red/hot. I spoke to a LC about it and she told me it was nerve damage, but that I should keep a strong eye out for mastitis. Luckily, it went away on it's own, but OWWW! Do/did you have the fever that accompanies mastitis?

Cridge - Funny you mention this because I always thought mastitis was with a fever and hot with red patches and I haven't had any of these. Jude didn't have any thrush in his mouth and I didn't have any sign of thrush either, so I wonder if I also have nerve damage. It seems to be a bit better today, so I am hoping it's going - and I don't think I have been on the antibiotics long enough for them to have made a difference. I might get in touch with an LC as I don't want to be taking antibiotics if I can help it because I probably WILL end up with thrush!! :nope:

Nikkia - Glad all was ok :happydance: Halfway there now, have you started to plan what you'll need to buy to get set up? We're doing well thanks, apart from aches and pains I've mentioned and Jude's preference for night time waking. His Dad is Canadian, so I think Jude is naturally on Canadian time :haha: Jude's really fitted in well with the family. I must work out how to post a pic, I keep meaning to do it, but I am hopeless with technology/pics. I'm so glad to be able to sleep on my back again! How about baby names? Have you started a short list? :flower:

Cridge - Funny you mention this because I always thought mastitis was with a fever and hot with red patches and I haven't had any of these. Jude didn't have any thrush in his mouth and I didn't have any sign of thrush either, so I wonder if I also have nerve damage. It seems to be a bit better today, so I am hoping it's going - and I don't think I have been on the antibiotics long enough for them to have made a difference. I might get in touch with an LC as I don't want to be taking antibiotics if I can help it because I probably WILL end up with thrush!! :nope:

Since you didn't mention a fever, I was suspicious. It does sound like nerve damage to me. Is it like a never ending throbbing pain deep inside? Mine was all the time, but definitely worse during and for about an hour after nursing (that's when it was like the twisting pain you spoke of). Felt like my boobs were being sucked inside out. :haha: I don't really know what the magic cure was for me other than really working on his latch. The LC said he just had a seriously strong suck and a proper latch is key to making sure the damage doesn't get worse or permanent. I would say within a week of really working on his latch it started to improve and probably another week, or two at the most, it was better. I've had some very mild problems with it since, just recently, so being very careful it doesn't return!

Cridge - I think you have cracked it, the pain is exactly like that. It feels bad when he latches on, painful feeding and then an hour or so after there is a horrible twisting/burning/stabbing pain from my nipple and deep into my breast tissue. I was sobbing in agony while feeding him the other night and when he slept I couldn't sleep because of the pain!. I'm going to continue my antibiotics just in case but will find a good LC to see if they can help.
I hope my experience isn't putting any ladies off trying to bf in future! These things are rare!

Cridge - I think you have cracked it, the pain is exactly like that. It feels bad when he latches on, painful feeding and then an hour or so after there is a horrible twisting/burning/stabbing pain from my nipple and deep into my breast tissue. I was sobbing in agony while feeding him the other night and when he slept I couldn't sleep because of the pain!. I'm going to continue my antibiotics just in case but will find a good LC to see if they can help.
I hope my experience isn't putting any ladies off trying to bf in future! These things are rare!

Yep! That sounds just like what I went through! Including the sobbing! :cry: Be sure to take acidophilus and eat lots of yogurt since you're taking the antibiotics. I just kept telling myself it would get better... and it did. GL!!

Nikkia - great news! Am happy the scan went well!

Kyla - ayayayay - pooooooor you and your sore chest. That sounds so unbelievably painful. Hang in there; you can do it! :hugs:

Bride - Hooray for March....when is your appointment? :flower:

maria - i didnt see the monitor properly. Will see tommrow. Here in india husband is not allow to the sonography room. Poor hubby.​
lepear - hhope your appointment went well. How r you feel now?​
mommymel - thinking of u my dear. Hope everything went well.​
cridge - how r u? Now did you play with your little baby? I had a dream to play with babies. It is so good to see a baby laughing without teeth.​
kyla - how r u feel now? Your breast pain is really sound horrible.​
afm- i have now leg pain every night. Constipation is my main problem. Doc prescribe a tonic for constipation. But she wrote it as sos and i take it daily now. cant think without taking it. Hope my other friends are all well. Baby :dust: to all of u.​

Anupur - that's funny you say that - I love toothless smiles!! We've been getting some great giggles out of our little ninja. We absolutely love having him around - he's such a doll and we're so in love! I can't wait for your LO to arrive!

Hi girls, sorry for being on here so little. We prepping for a huge meeting tomorrow and things are crazy! We just chilling this cycle, want to find out some more on the Dr Cohens diet, to find out if it might help my hormones balance or if it is mostly beneficial for PCOS, win which case i dont want to waste all that money and it not be worth it. It costs $250 + blood tests, so will only do it if it is really worth it.

I had a really strange AF though, I started spotting on Tuesday and AF on Wednesday then it when very light on Thursday and completely gone on Friday ????? Im worried my lining is not think enough or nourishing enough. But how can FS say it is thick enough but i only have such a short AF?

Tella - when you were having your scans to track follicles did they give you the actual figure for the thickness of the lining? One day of proper bleeding is really little... Usually in medicated cycles af is stronger because the lining is thicker after all the drugs. Sorry to ask the very annoying question but have you taken a test since Friday?

Anupur - is your scan today? All the best and can't wait for your update. I'm sorry your husband can't be at the scan. Do you at least get some pictures from the scan to show him? What about if you went to a private clinic to have a scan there - would he still not be allowed in the room with you?

Tella - :hugs: I had some very light periods, more like on-off spotting while ltttc and I asked my consultant if it meant my lining was too thin to conceive. He said it isn't necessarily the case. I was also going to ask the same dreaded question Maria thought of.

Anupur - :hugs: Constipation is horrible, I found figs and prunes really helped. I hope your scan goes well. My breast pain is a lot better thank you, I think Cridge was spot on with it being nerve pain. I'm waiting for my (new) lactation consultant to get in touch with me, but I'm convinced it was nerve pain. I'm still breastfeeding which is fabulous as I was so close to not bearing to continue it.

Cridge - ^^ Thanks so much. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"