anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

:hi: and welcome Lacroix

Of course you can join in! :hugs: I can totally relate to your pre-op nerves, I had never had a general anaesthetic before and I was also worried if they found something devastating. I was very nervous on the day too, but I needn't have worried, it really wasn't anything like I imagined and I was just happy they were able to do the necessary procedures that could allow me to continue the next part of my ltttc journey. Almost all of us felt the same way I imagine. :flower:
With regard to your period, it seems to vary from region to region. Some places will still do the op, others will postpone it - can you phone and find out? Sometimes they like to start you on Provera to get your period out of the way. Sorry it's not a definite answer.
What I have learned from this thread is that you need to count the day of your op as the first day of your new cycle, so whatever CD you are on now will change from Friday.
Good luck, hope all goes well and please stay with us, it's a lovely supportive thread with many success stories :flower:

Maria - Bless Sophia. Have you ever tried Ashton and Parsons teething powders from Boots? I swore by those with DS1 and I will be getting some in stock for Jude too.

Tella - Good luck :thumbup: Will you update us on your friend when she has any news?

Keisha, I know you're on a break but just wanted to say Hi!

Lpear, JoJo and our other AWOL ladies - how are you? :flower:

Welcome Lacroix! :hi: GL with your op! I would call to find out what they want you to do if af starts.

Thanks so much for the kind words and advice (didn't know I needed to count it as day 1, thank you!), that seems to be a real theme on this thread. It gives me hope to see some lovely success stories :) I called both the booking clerk and Consultant's secretary, and both seem to think its okay... So fingers crossed the witch stays at bay!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and welcome to Lacroix, hope your stay here is short till you get that BFP :thumbup: Try not to worry too much about the op, I wouldn't be pregnant now without it so its definitely something I would do again if I had to, without a doubt! I was in much the same position as you, AF would have been due around the op but it didn't show until few days after but I don't think it would have mattered so you should be ok. Good luck hun and keep us posted :hugs:

Tella, aw hun that's absolutely heart breaking about your friend, will be keeping everything crossed for her x

Hows everyone else doing?

Hi everyone :wave:,
Welcome lacroix :flower: . I did my op on 10th day of my cycle. My doc gave me provera to get a new cycle. I count as day 1 of my op day. Dont worry u will be fine. It is the best start of ur life. The op will kick start ur ovary and bring bfp for u. I f i have to do it again i will do it happily. Hope u get ur bfp shortly after op. Best of luck for friday:thumbup:.
Tella - after read ur friend story really want to pray for her bfp. Hope everything will be fine. After lost my 1st pregnancy i also feel hopeless. I understand how she feel. God will listen to her.
Maria - i will do my 20week scan this week. Doc prescribe anomaly scan from 22nd april till 7th april. I didnt fix the date. Husband busy at work so when he will free we will go. Dont feel movement regularly till now. Sometime it depressed me and i feel scared.
Thinking of lepear, jojo, blucky. How they are?

Anupur – I am also ahead somehow! I thought I would be 19 weeks this Friday but was told that the babies are measuring bigger and that I will in fact be 20 weeks this Friday. We are right on the same schedule! I have a scan scheduled for Monday…apparently they will measure the babies and I am hopeful that we will be able to see whether they are boys or girls! Are your scars still bothering you?

Lacroix – welcome to an awesome thread filled with lots of support and success! Sending lots of :dust: your way!

I swapped roles with someone else at work so am now officially office based – whew!! My doctor will be very pleased and so will my aching body!

Hope you are all well! XOXOXO

Hi girls, the best anniversary gift EVER was delivered to us today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got our :bfp: it feels sooooooo unreal i dont even know where to begin.

My Hcg was 38.6, and will retest on Friday. Untill then just the parents know.

Gave DH a "anniversary" gift but it was to announce it rather. See the attached pic :)

I cant stop thinking about this little life growing inside me!! GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi girls, the best anniversary gift EVER was delivered to us today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got our :bfp: it feels sooooooo unreal i dont even know where to begin.

Gave DH a "anniversary" gift but it was to announce it rather. See the attached pic :)

I cant stop thinking about this little life growing inside me!! GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippeeeeee!!!!! :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Oh Tella! This is WONDERFUL news!! I'm so happy for you, so very much deserved. Wishing you a H&H 9 months, big congratulations to you both :happydance:

Tella!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!!!! That is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO:yipee::yipee::yipee:

O Tella this has made me cry you both deserve this so very much. Was this a a natural cycle? xxxx

And once again Huge Congrats here too. You are PREGNANT!!!!!!

And welcome to Lacroix. I had two laps and was really scared before each one. Mainly about the anaesthetic. Before the second op I was so nervous I was shaking and they had to give me a mild sedative before administering the main anaesthetic.
My recovery was really different after each op though. First time I was in a LOT of pain for the first 4-5 days. But after the second op I was back horse riding about 7 days after surgery :thumbup:

I wonder how NIKKIA and Lpear are doing. And also Scerena....

Congratulation Tella​
yipee :yipee: :yipee: :wohoo: :wohoo: :happydance::happydance: big congrates tella. U really deserve it. God is really kind. This is ur miracle baby. I cant tell u how happy i am to see this news. Happy and healthy :cloud9: months. Take care properly. Will wait for ur next post.

Haven't been on I a few days so glad I poped on now !
TELLA big big big huge congratulations to you Hun couldn't be more happy to see you with a bfp wishing u a healthy and happy pregnancy :)
Sunny monkey didn't realise u where having twins congratulations gives me hope when I see this I'm preparing for iui at the minute just have to lose a lil bit more weight and I'm on my way think I've been goggling iui too much have to stay away from the computer has its making me stress about the success rates was that your first iui that u got pregnant ?
Hope all you other lovely ladies are well and all bumps coming along nicely and the girls who had their babies hope you's are all well and babies of course xx

Awwwwwww Tella that's absolutely brilliant hun I am sooooo pleased for you both, BIG BIG CONGRATS :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi ladies!

I'm still on :cloud9: for you Tella!

Lacroix - hope your op went well.

First off, many many congrats to tella - truly lovely news:)

Op was a mixed bag, laparoscopy went ok, ovaries ok, no pcos or drilling, and no endo outside (yay!) Couple of small fibroids which the consultant didn't think were an issue. From outside, tubes and ute look healthy, so was pleased with that. Oddly though, she couldn't perform the hysteroscopy and dye as my cervix is too tight - couldn't get the camera in. It's apparently called cervical stenosis - am hoping one of you wonderful ladies may have heard of it but will be trawling the net when I am bit more with it tomorrow :) so just hoping that my tubes are clear and all is well inside...I mean, stuff is coming out of me so the wee fellas should be able to get in, right. Waiting for follow up appointment in 2-3 mts, so fingers crossed...hope this cervix thing is fixable.

Thanks for all your kind words this week xxx

Thanks girls. We just can't stop smiling! Our second beta come back at 123.9 so it trippled, so glad we have a strong bean. However bean had been named Smartie (oh watalotigot) lol

Lacroix > its great news that everything inside is looking great! Is always better to not have any surgery done to limit scar tissue. Did they say why they didn't do the drilling either? Do you ovulate regularly in a natural cycle?

I've heard about the cervix thing before but not sure how they fix it. I know the texture of the cervix is depended on estrogen so maybe a estrogen boost close to ovulation with help it open and soften. Otherwise a iui should work for you quickly.

Recover well and look after yourself it was still surgery and you need to recover. Fxd for a speedy bfp for you!

Bride - yuppers it is twins! And....it happened on my first IUI! Keep in mind I never had an actual period in my life unless induced by meds. Didnt respond to clomid, had the OD and first IUI after OD, BFP!! I did the injections in the tummy (menopur and ovitrelle - not the highest does though). Sooo, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and if you want to chat about IUI stuff in more detail, message me as I'm happy to help although don't think I am quite as knowledgeable as a lot of the women on here.

Lacroix - glad to hear the op went well. Take it easy; I found recovery harder than I expected!

AFM - my parents are here for about 5-6 days which is great!!!! I am loving it as I was just back in the US 3 weeks ago and now I see them again. Usually I only see them once or twice a year so this is a serious treat. They brought this little suitcase and told me to open it. It was full of unisex outfits, two of everything and they were soooooooooooo cute!!!
I find out the sexes on Monday....am very exited.
Ok - enough about me - sending love to everyone here and hope you are all doing great! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->