anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hi ladies

Thanks for the info about buying stuff. I think I will start making a list now. I'm obsessed with lists and once it's done I'll want to start ticking things off!

Kyla - loving that you had a spreadsheet! That is so something me and dh would do!

Sunny - wow you look fabulous! My bump at 21 weeks is about the same as your 19 week and I'm not having twins! I've grown loads in the last three weeks! Our name is Eleanor, middle name May. We love it! It came to us out of the blue one day. Eleanor is my Mum's middle name and May is dh mum's middle name. May was also my Mum's Mum's Mum's name! Hope the name suits her when she's born!

Nikkia - 33 weeks, where did the time go! The docs have no plans regarding my raised insulin as they don't normally test for that so they don't know how to interpret the results! They just seem to care about the glucose. I suppose I am doing all I can with the diet and metformin. I bet you are excited to finish work! I'm finishing work really early on the 31st July and have so much holiday to use so I am currently taking a day a week of, then in two weeks I am taking two days off per week. My job is just such a pain I need to get out of there asap!

Maria - I totally didn't think of the delivery time on furniture, better get doing!

Hi cridge, anupur and everyone else. Hope Tella is doing well. Xxx

Hi everyone :flower:

LPEAR, I started buying some bits quite early on too, nothing major, just bits and pieces like some baby vests that were on offer in Tesco, a wee cuddly toy, some baby wipes and then seriously started buying after our 20 week scan, its fizzled off a bit in the last few weeks and I don't think we have much left to buy now, well I hope so lol. Congrats on the baby girl hun, that's just brilliant, beautiful name choice too xx

Sunny, you look absolutely fabulous hun x

Nikkia, I know can you believe 33 weeks already! I actually have gone the opposite than you with regard to the skin, I would have had bad breakouts with the pcos pre pregnancy but mine has actually improved, nothing miraculous or anything but anything is a bonus. I am sure you do not look fat hun, we just feel like that! You are finishing work a little earlier than me. Hope your back improves hun too x

Kyla, yeah my thoughts exactly, my OH has his moments but hes not useless and I definitely don't need him to feel like that, hes the one I'm relying upon to get me through! Glad the hairloss is better hun x

Me, well 33 weeks 1 day today. Had our second ante-natal today and it wasn't just as bad, she at least didn't waffle on as much and talked about the actual labour today so at least it was something useful without a suitcase in sight lol. Next week we are having the first half of the class talking about perineum massage to help reduce the risk of stitches (ouch!) and next half with a physio on breathing and ante-natal exercises etc. Should be interesting!!!

I'm feeling ok mostly, finding it a bit more difficult to get comfortable at nights now so the sleep definitely hasn't improved and the heartburn is still bad but apart from that I'm ok. Had my check up with the midwife on Tuesday and the BP was fine, slight trace of protein in the urine which they have sent off for analysis but she didn't think it would be a problem. Back again in a couple of weeks.

Lpear - that is a beautiful name!

We have narrowed down for girls and picked the boy. Max for the boy and a shortlist for the girl includes: Alexandra, Natalia, Zahra and a few others. I just don't know though!

Maria - are you originally from Russia?! That is quite a tradition and I can only imagine the mishaps that would occur in those 3 days!! Where are you from? My family comes from Russia (long time ago) but my great grandmother was 1st generation born in the US in 1901. I love the literature, history, language, etc and have spent time working/ living in the Caucasus and Uzbekistan but sadly never got to spend any time in Russia - only transiting.

AFM - I had a growth scan yesterday and my boy weighs approx 1.9lbs and the girl 1.10lbs!! :happydance: Holy moly I was shocked as those are great weights for twins at 24.5 weeks - sooooo relieved.

Sunny - I'm from Moscow and we've been here for about 15 years. Your story sounds amazing! How come they immigrate to the US and how did they manage it?
I love Alexandra for a girl but tbh not that keen on the short version of Alex :shrug: Natalia is beautiful too!

Lpear - loving your name choice too!

Julia - your MIl sounds hilarious! I was actually quite surprised at my mum's reaction when I called her from the store to ask about the pram. I was only about 16 weeks but the pram was on a really good deal. I called to get her opinion as she was getting the pram for us and she told me to go right ahead and save some money by getting the pram on sale :haha: She saved herself about £150!!

How is everyone? :flower:

Sunny and Lpear - Loving the name choices! I had 3 baby names books and it took us ages to choose. In the end we went with Jude because St Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and is supposed to be a symbol of triumph after long term failure. I felt that was so appropriate to our story. :haha:

AFM - Hair loss has started up again. I still have no bald patches which is a minor miracle because of the amount of hair falling off my head. I'm moulting like crazy. :nope: I also have gained weight since the end of the pregnancy/stopping metformin with NO diet changes and I think that has to be PCOS related. I want to go see my GP to demand going back on Met, but I don't think they will let me as I wasn't proven insulin resistant. I need to go though as I also still have bruises on my tummy from the c-section and there is a lot of 'thickness' in the tummy bulge which is bothering me. :dohh: Probably a hypochondriac but still going to go :haha:

Kyla - by "thickness" do you mean it's a bit harder under the skin? That might be scar tissue. I don't know that I have that.... too skittish to check. :haha: I'm really weird about my incision... it really grosses me out and I can't touch it or even really look at it. But I do still have purplish marks where I was stitched up. Ick. I need to stop thinking about it. :sick:

My pcos is raging as well and I'm starting to gain a bit of weight with no diet changes... in fact, if anything, I'm eating better than I was in the last few months. I'm "only" up about 1.5 pounds since the lowest I got post-pregnancy, but that means I'm 12 pounds higher than pre-pregnancy. :growlmad:

Hi Cridge - The whole incision area is icky isn't it. The thickness is above the scar, more where the jelly belly is. The scar area feels fine. It *feels* like long sausages under my skin, maybe my intestines have pushed forward? :sick: Sorry. Before pregnancy my tummy area was just fat, whereas this feels like bands of thickness which doesn't feel normal to me :shrug: I have the HV doing a home visit this week so I will ask her.
Sorry to hear you've gained weight too. PCOS really really sucks. :hugs:

is it stretch marks (scar tissue underneath)? Or bigger than that? That does sound strange! Keep us posted!

I could be scar tissue under the stretch marks, I'm just not sure what it is. It doesn't hurt but it feels weird. I know it can take 6 months to recover from a c-section...so maybe I am expecting too much and it's just swelling from the op still :shrug: I will ask the HV tomorrow and make a GP appointment if she doesn't know what it is. :flower:

Hello Ladies. Hope you uk ladies are enjoying this lovely weather, I live right near some of the most lovely beaches in the sw so I'm very lucky. Although I have been swelling up quiet a bit my feet, face and hands and the heat not helping. I have a bad cold at the moment so feeling sorry for myself today.

Kyla it does sound like scar tissue or it could be small hernia? Def worth getting it checked out.

How is everyone else doing?

I finish work in one week ya! Can't wait now as not sleeping and feeling massive! xx

hi ladies...

a quick update..
my last post was on cd 12 follicles were 10 and 11mm
cd 15--> follicles 15mm both sides...endometrium--7.3 mm
cd 17--> follicles 2 on left 20mm each..1 on right 18mm.....endometrium--11mm

triggered with 2 hcg shots,10000 iu on cd 17 morning

iui done back to back on
cd 18 with 25 million count and post wash 80 % motility(prewash-45 %)
cd 19 with 25 million count and post wash 70 % (prewash-40 %)

post iui day 9 faint positive-->could be trigger
post iui day 11 more dark positive
post iui day 12 very dark positive
post iui day 15 very dark positive

consulted with re today,,confirmed,,started on hcg 5000 iu once in every 5 days( as i ve a history of mc) and progesterone tablets...adviced to come after 3 wks for scan..

feeling cautiously happy...

this is my first month and first iui after ovarian drilling

praying for the best....

Yay Amiya! Congrats! I hope the hcg and progesterone prevent a mc!!! GL!!! :flower:

Congrats amiya! Hoping everything goes smoothly for you.

Hi ladies from sunny Spain!!!!

amiya - that's wonderful news :thumbup: I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. Looking forward to your scan!

Nikkia - yay for the start of maternity leave! Hopefully the weather stays nice for the last few weeks of pregnancy. When's your due date? Have you got everything sorted?

I'm in the same boat with pcos :growlmad: I gained a few pounds, my skin on the face is currently quite bad - nowhere near as bad as it was when is first stopped the pill but still a breakout :nope: Still no sign of periods or ovulation. I also have other symptoms like darker hairs on my legs and hair getting greasy quicker than before.
I decided I'll wait 2 months after I stop bf completely and go to the doc to see if I shoul go back on metformin....

Hi ladies! Its been awhile! I am glad to see more OD graduates on this thread. Congrats everyone!!

Same with me Maria! PCOS is back with a vengeance! Hair, acne, weight are all coming back. I have had 3 AFs, but they are very light and they drag out. They are getting shorter as I work in some exercise. I am giving myself until the end of June to lose some weight before going to my doctor and asking about Metformin. I haven't been on it before, so I am hoping it helps me! Now that my LO is turning 1 soon :shrug: I am looking forward to starting on #2. Well soon, I am not sure how DH feels about that! :haha:

Congrats Amiya!! Thanks for the update. :happydance: Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :wohoo:

Nikkia - Great to hear from you, so close! Are you all prepared or do you have more to do? I'm so excited for you! Just sharing a giggle with everyone - I bought so many baby wipes when I was pregnant, that Jude is 4 months now and I'm only about half way into my stash :blush: :rofl:

Maria and snflwr - I am going to go back to the Docs this week, I'm fed up of the weight gain and the hair loss and I want back on the Met. If my GP won't, I'm going to write to my FS under the guise of a thank you note and ask if I can go onto Metformin again :haha:

I looked in the mirror last night before bed and the lights were shining down on top of my head from the bathroom mirror and I can see my scalp through the hair. :cry: It's not a bald patch but it's so thin and sparse. The actual hair though is dry and rough. I hate PCOS. :grr:

hi ladies...

a quick update..
my last post was on cd 12 follicles were 10 and 11mm
cd 15--> follicles 15mm both sides...endometrium--7.3 mm
cd 17--> follicles 2 on left 20mm each..1 on right 18mm.....endometrium--11mm

triggered with 2 hcg shots,10000 iu on cd 17 morning

iui done back to back on
cd 18 with 25 million count and post wash 80 % motility(prewash-45 %)
cd 19 with 25 million count and post wash 70 % (prewash-40 %)

post iui day 9 faint positive-->could be trigger
post iui day 11 more dark positive
post iui day 12 very dark positive
post iui day 15 very dark positive

consulted with re today,,confirmed,,started on hcg 5000 iu once in every 5 days( as i ve a history of mc) and progesterone tablets...adviced to come after 3 wks for scan..

feeling cautiously happy...

this is my first month and first iui after ovarian drilling

praying for the best....
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

HUGE Congrats!!!!!!!!!

H&H 9 Months for you! I know its hard with MCs in the past but enjoy every moment!

Hi, I'm new here... I'm 40 ttc, I have a history of PSOS. Did my work-up and found my progesterone was at 77 dui, I was referred for ovarian drilling by my fs, have it booked for the 18 June... Is there any advice anyone can give me?

:hi: and welcome TropicBell :flower:

I'm an ovarian drilling success story. I had my op in December 2011 and my baby is now 4 months old.
You'll need to count the day of your op as Cycle Day 1 of your new cycle (regardless of where you are at now). What are you doing to monitor your cycle currently? Do you temp - if not it might be worth considering?
Are you on any specific conception multivitamin? I used BabyMed app for smartphones which I used to plot my cycle too.
Also highly recommended by many ladies is the use of a sperm friendly lubricant, I used PreSeed.
Hope you stay with us and keep us posted on your progress. Good luck for your op, this is a lovely, supportive thread for advice as we've had lots of successes. :hugs:

cridge, lpear ,maria ,kyla ,tella .....thanks for the wishes..will update once the scan is over...

snflwrgrl9...i m sorry pcos came back..best of luck for ttc # 2

tropicbell...:hi:..all the best for your od..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->