anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Cullen - I have a Medela Pump in Style advanced. I *highly* recommend it. Worth every penny. My sil has an Avent (or maybe it's a different brand) double electric, and it takes her 3x as long to pump as it took me. I could not have continued bf'ing past the first week if I didn't have a pump, so I highly, highly recommend getting one if you plan to bf. You could always rent one at first to see how much you plan to use it, and then buy one if you think you'll use it for a few months.

As far as nipples, I prefer the Platex Nurser ones. I feel like their shape is closest to the breast and I've never had a problem with either of my babies going back and forth.

Hello all. Hope your all doing ok. Anupur I love your photo's.

Well like Cullen I'm nearly 36 weeks I'ne been into the hospital twice in the last week for monitoring as bp has been raised, it seems to have settled now and I'm getting regular checks. I'm also getting lots of Braxton hicks contractions and period type pains?
I'm officially on maternity leave now yippee! It seems so un real I felt so strange leaving work to have a baby I just feel so lucky and so ready to meet our baby now. xx

Yay Nikkia and Cullen! You'll have your babies very soon!! Nikkia - it sounds like yours wants to make an entrance sooner than later! :thumbup:

Cullen - there are loads of Medela pumps on eBay if you are ok getting a second hand one. I got mine for half price and the lady had only used it for two weeks! I will obviously sterilize everything. I am actually buying quite a few things on ebay, I got a baby carrier that had been used once for £10 inc postage!

Wow! I didn't realise so many ladies were about to pop. Time just whizzes by!

LPEAr - eBay is good. I always use a local sales page on FB where people sell nearly new or totally new stuff. It's dirt cheap and you can just pick it up same day.

Hi everyone x

Nikkia, aw lovely to hear from you hun, glad your bp is settling down, they will keep a check on you which is good, mine only had the one wee blip and seems to have been ok since! Yeah on finishing for your maternity leave, it must make it real now lol. Keep us posted xx

Thanks everyone for the recommendations on the pumps, will definitely look into the Medela ones x

Had our 36 week hospital appointment on Wednesday and all is well, Dr reckons at minute baby is weighing about 6lb and should be about 7-7.5lb at birth, of course only an estimate I know! They have given me an appointment for my due date (17/7) and will offer me a sweep on that day, if I'm still knocking around lol.

Feel ok, think I might be having some Braxton Hicks too but I'm not 100% sure, it just feels like my tummy tightens for a bit, its uncomfy but not that painful?? Also feeling the strain on the tops of my legs now and a little bit of backache too. The heartburn and swollen feet are causing me problems still too. Have another 2 weeks to work yet, well that's the intention anyhow, guess I'll see how I go!

Hope everyone is well xx

Hi Ladies!

I had my OD done on the 18th... omg not as bad as thought it would be, a bit of discomfort for the most and some bleeding, my SP said my entire system would change. On another note they found that I had Acute Pelvic Inflammatory disease, and had to clean that whole mess up too... my docs said that everything is looking excellent now, taking some rest for now feeling a bit sore... thanks for all your good wishes... :thumbup:

hi ladies, i had an appointment with my gyno last week. I am currently taking metformin 500 after breakfast and dinner. She told me that because of taking metformin after baby's birth baby's blood suger can fall. That time they will put baby in s.c.b.u. Kyla, maria did face anything like this? Did ur baby's blood suger right after birth? My gyno also told me because of taking met she will do c-section between 37 and 38 week. She told me to do a scan before next appointment. My blood suger is not too much high. It is nearly normal range.

Tropic - I'm glad the op went well. Did you see a doctor after the surgery? Do you have a follow up appointment?

Anupur - this is the first time I hear about taking baby to SCBU just because you are taking met and also doing a c section so early!!!!! If I were you I would be really unhappy about this and not sure I could trust your gynae.... A c section is a major surgery with possible complications. The recovery is also quite long! 37-38 weeks is also quite early to get baby out UNLESS something is wrong and it would be better for the baby to be born early. So I am really not sure what to say :wacko: But you are not diabetic and seem to be having a normal pregnancy. And baby is doing fine. You take met to control insulin resistance, not sever diabetes! So I don't think this can have any impact on baby's sugar levels!!!
Is it possible to consult another doctor?!

maria here in india if u have any small complication dr dont take any risk to do normal delivery. Because of pco and blood suger my dr want to do c-section.now at this last moment i cant go to see another dr because they refuse to take my case at this last stage. I have to believe my gyno. Treatment in india is really costly. If u have money then no worry if no money then u cant do anything. We struggle for this baby almost 4yr. Now i and hubby decied to not take any risk and go with our gyno advise. We just want a healthy baby now. I am trying to reduce my BS level as possible. I pray to god for our baby's health and try not to worry. We talk to our gyno again and she said after birth of baby if she find any complication then she recomend to SCBU our baby. But she will do c-section because of BS. Women with bs have tendency bigger baby. She want our baby in normal weight.

:hi: everyone :hugs:

Sorry I've been MIA, I've had internet issues and I've been suffering a bit with post-natal blues thanks to my hair loss and weight gain. :nope:

Bride & Keisha - How are you both? Thinking of you :hugs:

Anupur - Try not to worry. I agree with Maria, I haven't heard of blood sugar being an issue for babies born to mums taking Metformin for PCOS. My FS never mentioned anything to me after I passed the gestational diabetes test. However we have different systems to India, and as you've said the safe arrival of your baby with you feeling relaxed and confident is so important. I'm sure everything will go smoothly for you. You and your husband must be so excited! :flower:

Tropic - Great news that your op went well and that they've cleaned up the PID. The hardest part is waiting for everything to settle down after the op and having patience when you really want instant results. I hope your recovery is quick. :thumbup:

Cullen - I may be late adding to the breast pump question, but here goes :haha: I have a manual Avent breast pump. I found it worked for me in the early stages to relieve fullness and it was easy to do. I was nervous about spending so much on an electric one but if I had've splashed out then my research would've also directed me towards the Medela one. Ebay is good too, I just was happy with my simple one. :haha:

Nikkia - :happydance: Not long to go now, soon you'll be on the 4week wait (38-42 weeks). Are you all packed and ready to go? I got period pains, I think it's just the strain of holding onto the weight of the baby in the pelvis. I can't recommend doing pelvic floor exercises highly enough and to continue them after the birth. My MW advised I do at least 10 each time I breastfed.

Otherwise, all ok here. Jude is self-weaning off breastfeeding now, I think he's lazy and bottles are easier, he just isn't so interested in it anymore :cry: We're off on holiday to Canada over the summer and I was hoping to still be BFing then (in combination with FF) as it's easier travelling but Jude's just not keen anymore. He wants to look around too much and see what's going on too! I've also had a weird AF. I had 1 normal AF and this one is sort of ongoing brown spotting now for 10 days. Ugh, PCOS I HATE you!!! :grr:

Sorry if I've missed anyone out. Just trying to catch up :coffee::hugs:

Thank you, yes I saw the doctor after the op, he said everything went smoothly and the only complication was the PID, which they removed surgically, I have to remove my stitches on the 26th and then I have a follow up meeting with him on the 3rd of July. I'm not currently on an meds, is there anything special I should ask now or be doing? Thanks MariaF

Tropic - just ask what the course of action will be. Like I said usually doctors like to leave it for 2-3 months after OD to see if your body starts working by itself. But I always liked to have a plan and know what the next steps would be and also when. So I would ask what will happen if you still didn't get a period/gotten pregnant in say 3 months after the op. this way you can prepare for the next step.

Kyla - really sorry about baby blues :hugs: Been there, done that. It's hard!!! Sophia will be 1 next week and I'm still losing my hair like crazy :nope: even though its short now it's still all coming out. It feels so think and fine now :nope:

Have you heard about the false refusal of bf at the age of 4 months? Many babies go through what you describe with Jude! Just aren't interested anymore,
Insist on having a bottle, etc. the only way I heard to ride through is and not lose bf is to not offer the bottle and bf exclusively. Letting them go hungry if they don't eat enough from the boob. But I can imagine this can be very stressful so I'm not sure it's something you want to go through :wacko:

Would be lovely to hear from Keisha!

Maria - Thanks :hugs: Hair loss is so distressing. Do you find your hair is knotting? Mine feels very static-y and it's difficult to brush, which then gives it a flat appearance. I can't use mousse as it's too fine and makes my hair look greasy. :cry:
I didn't know about the false refusal, I'll give exclusive feeding a go and see what happens. Jude started teething yesterday, he's such a brilliantly happy baby we've hardly heard him cry so it's obviously his teeth now. I'm stocking up on Ashton and Parsons :thumbup:

Tropic - I don't think there is anything specific, other than taking a good pre-natal multivitamin and trying your best not to stress while things settle down. My DH took a pre-conception multi-vitamin for men and we used Pre-seed lube. Temping is a good idea, and maybe using OPKs to get an idea of where your cycle may be? Good luck
:dust:

Kyla - everywhere I looked over here has run out of A&P and its definitely the best!! I keep looking everywhere but can't find it :nope:

My hair doesn't really knot but it gets so greasy so quickly :wacko: when I was pg I could go for 4-5 days with not washing it. No it gets like straw on day 2 :cry:

Kyla so sorry your feeling a little low about hair and weight etc. Did you gain much in pregnancy?

I feel huge my bmi was 28 before I got pregnant which is higher than I would like but it used to be 35! so better than that. But I weighed myself today and I have gained 2 stone 10lb! I feel gutted about this I have got fair bit fluid on board but my bump isn't huge infact some people say how neat it is! I'm worried about loosing it after already.
Maria Can't believe your little bread crumb is nearly 1 where has that time gone?

I think I'm all set now bags are all packed and I'm ready to meet our baby and find out what sex it is. I've been nesting just started on the kitchen cupboards lol, I prob wont ever do them again so might as well. xxx

Thanks Maria and Nikkia :hugs:

Nikkia - I actually manage to lose weight during my pregnancy, nearly a stone but the end which I put down to the Metformin and having to restrict my diet for to prevent gallstone attacks. Now I am eating healthily but normally, I have probably put a stone back on and I feel pretty frumpy especially with the hairloss. :cry: Your weight gain sounds normal to me though hun, my FS said PCOS ladies can expect to gain 2-3 stone during pregnancy and a lot of that is baby, fluid, extra blood volume etc.
Lol at your kitchen cupboard cleaning! It's mad how that nesting instinct kicks in. :flower:

Anupur - I agree with Maria, but I understand that you need to do what your doctor thinks is best. If you can just try to wait for 38 weeks for the c-section, I think that would be so much better. A week can make a lot of difference. I'm sure your baby will be healthy and fine either way. GL! You're coming down to the wire!

Kyla - :hugs: I totally understand how you feel! I've been fighting slight depression (and lots of frustration) because of my hair loss, beard growth and weight gain. I do think I've noticed a difference since starting those herbs though. My chin hairs are definitely slowing their growth, and I think I've even lost a tiny bit of weight. Last I checked, I was back down a pound, but I haven't checked again since then. Did you ever look into those?

Cridge - :hugs: Sorry you've been feeling down too. Stupid PCOS. Our hormones are probably going crazy :dohh: I also have had this weird spotting for about 2 weeks. I had 1 normal AF and I thought that was fab news, then after 30 days I started spotting on and off and it's continued. I don't want to go on bc to regulate it, and I don't want the coil either as I am way too squeamish so I suppose I am stuck with wonky and weird AF/spotting.
I did look into the herbs thanks (sorry I meant to say) but it'll cost $121 in total to get them to the UK. I'm going to wait until my next trip to Canada and then order from there for local shipping I think as I'd like to give them a try as they sound fab.

Kyla - I started taking a vitamin supplement from Boots called Kira. It's for hormonal balance supposedly. This probably is a coincidence but 2-3 weeks after I started taking it my af arrived. Now I know my hair and skin is still not super but still it's worth a try, hey!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->