anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Welcome Tropic!! Best of luck for the op. what country are you from?

One thing I would say is give your body 2-3 months after the op before taking any more hormones/other drugs. I was lucky and ovulated on day 12 post op but it can take a while for your body to figure out what happened because the OD causes such a stir in your hormones!
I hope you recover quickly.

Tella - lovely to see you on here!!

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying this fantastic weather, hope it lasts for a while yet!

First of all a huge congrats to Amiya, so pleased for you hun, wishing you a fantastic and healthy 9 months :happydance::happydance:

Welcome to Tropic too, I'm another od success story, I had my od done in July and got BFP in November having conceived October, lo due in just over 5 weeks time so it does work. The op itself isn't too bad, just like Maria says give yourself some time afterwards, its very hard to get disheartened the first couple of months if nothing seems to happen, wishing you every little piece of luck xx

Nikkia, yeah for finishing work, I'm here a bit longer yet, still haven't found replacement yet for me but interviews finish today so hopefully by the end of the week that will be one less thing for me to worry about! How are you feeling hun? Do you have your hospital bag packed yet? All ready for baby?

Kyla, really sorry to hear that youre still suffering with the hair loss hun, damn pcos! Hope it settles down for you soon xx

Maria likewise hun, damn pcos!

Hope everyone else is well?

Me, coming up to my 35th week, starting to get a bit apprehensive, everyone is full of advice atm, what I should or should not be doing and its starting to stress me a wee bit. I have started to get all the baby bits washed and put away but I still haven't packed my hospital bag, I don't know what to put in it for a start!

OH is stressing me a bit atm too, we went through a really tough time last year, without going into it too much he had a mental breakdown and he would still suffer from mood dips and it seems to be happening a bit lately, its putting a little extra strain on me too so I'm hoping it picks up soon!

Apart from all that I'm fine lol, still suffering badly with the heartburn and not sleeping much either but no change there! Our last ante-natal class was focused on perineal massage, did any of you try this? Its supposed to help with tearing during labour, I'm trying it but not sure if I'm doing it right lol. Anything worth a try I guess!

Welcome Tropic! :hi: I was going to say exactly what Maria said! Wait 3 months before you really start stressing that it did or didn't work. It's hard not to expect immediate changes, but the op really does make your hormones go crazy for the first few months.

Kyla - did I share on here that I'm starting to take a new herbal sup? There's a phone number at the top right for the UK... or you might be able to just place your order online. I wouldn't take the herbs while bf'ing, but it might be worth looking into. I'm only on day 3, so obviously no news yet if it's going to work for me, but I *did* have a massive migraine yesterday, so that might mean something is going on with my hormones. :dohh:
https://biotanicalhealth.com/products/cystclear/

Also, my hair fell out horribly until LO was 6 months and then it really slowed. It's still falling out "PCOS bad", but not nearly like it was from 3-6 months. :hugs:

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, and I will take all your advice. I currently reside the Caribbean, beautiful place if I must say so myself. Ideal for baby making ;) ;)

Tropic - wow! What island are you from? I love the Caribbean!!! Very jealous of you!

Cullen - I'm sorry things are strained with DH :hugs: Sont mean to worry/upset you but DH and I found the first 4-6 weeks REALlY tough and hard on our relationship :nope: and before baby we are the most loved up couple...(except my ltttc breakdowns!) so just bare it in mind.... I really hope he's ok though?!
I did perineal massage with evening primrose oil I think?! Don't know I it helped at all or not as I needed episiotomy for forceps. It was hard to do the massage because it was difficult to even get to the right place and then the technique I was taught felt weird/not very comfy so I probably only did it 4-5 times :wacko:

I googled hospital bag contents and printed out a couple of lists which I then used!

I did perineal massage with my first.... I had dh do it with olive oil. It was his favorite time of the day. :rofl: Really, he absolutely hated it. But he had to sacrifice too. Honestly, I don't know that it did anything. I had a 3.5 degree tear with my first. So if it *did* do something, I shudder to think of how torn up I would have been if we hadn't done it. Yikes.

Hi lovely ladies,​
amiya - big congratulation. Really happy for u. H & H 9month. Dont panic about mc. Just take lots of rest and care.​
tropicbell - many ladies who joined this thread got pregnant. So u will be one of them soon. I had done my od in april'12 and conceived in december surprisingly. So be relaxed od has many success story. Sometime it take more time and sometimes it worked very fast.​
cridge - how r u? I and my hubby discussing about baby laugh. Hubby saw ur lo photo and told me that he cant wait now to see his lo. He is really crazy about baby now.​
cullen and nikkia - u both are so close now. Did u feel contraction now? Did ur belly itching? I find little red mark under my brest in my belly. It itching sometime.​
afm - now i feel pain in my legs. My doc started glyciphaze 500 one after breakfast one after dinner. I started to eat oat and brown rice. My sugar level is not so high. If i maintain diet and walk for 30min hope it will decrease.​

Thanks Anupur! Baby giggles are the best! It's so exciting to see what your baby looks like after all the wondering! I'm excited for you and dh!

Do you know what the pain in your legs is caused from? I had some serious pain in my legs all the way up from my foot to my thigh (all in a "line"). I had to get an u/s to check for blood clots, and luckily, I didn't have any. I did have compressed veins though (I was super swollen), and she thinks that's what was causing the pain. Talk to your doc about it - you don't want something like that to go unchecked.

Lonely to hear from you Anupur! Sorry about the pain in your legs! Are they also swollen? Is your blood pressure ok?
How is your bump? Are you quite big now? Does baby kick a lot? Do your parents have grand children already or will this be their first? They must be so excited!! Have you thought of any names?
Do you have any special traditions for pregnant ladies/newborn babies in India? Would be lovely to learn about them!

Well, my baby girl will turn 1 in just over 2 weeks....I still remember the day of my OD like it was yesterday :wacko: becoming a mother has been the most fascinating experience in my life and it gets better every day! I am really happy that so many ladies on this thread are now pregnant. And am always rooting for the rest of the ladies to get their bfp's!!!

Sophia now tells me how the cat miaows, how the dog wufs, she knows where her nose and her eyes are. She knows how to shush away birds and raises her hands high above her head when I ask her how big she is :cloud9: it's incredible to see how your child develops and does new things every day!!

maria please post a photo of sophia and u. I really want to see how look like ur daughter now. Awww she learn so much things now. My bump is really big now. I feel baby move regularly. I am first child of my parents so till now they dont have grand child. They r also excited for me. My mother in law and sister in law now behave nicely to me. We have a bengali tradition of babyshower 7th month and 9th month. Its called 'shadh' that means wish. Few days ago my mother in law organised it for me. I am posting some pic of it. There was my family and hubby's family in this program. My mother in law cooked for me 7 item of fry vegitable, rice pudding and 7 types of sweets. They blessed me with some gift. My mother will be organised this same thing at 9month in their house. I and hubby not deciding any name till now. After looking our baby face first time we will be decied it. Cridge and maria i think my leg pain like rest less pain. When walking it disppear, it comes at bedtime. My blood pressure is ok. I will see my doc after one week. I have some itiching upper portion of belly bottom in my belly. Doc told to use anti septic.

Attachments

• 200520131285_3.jpg
    200520131285_3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 200520131284_2.jpg
    200520131284_2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 200520131280_2.jpg
    200520131280_2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 12
Awww Anupur you looking gorgeous and look at that bump! Cant believe you 27weeks already time is flying this year!

Hi all you wonderful ladies, sorry im MIA but im trying to not think about TTC at the moment as not knowing whats happening wiht my cycle is driving me crazy so im just waiting for my first AF and then i will start testing again wiht my CBFM..

I have my FS follow up post D&C next week Thursday so then we will find out if i have atleast Od and if i have then i will take it as 1dpo just to know when to test if AF is not here 14days after that.

Good luck to all the ladies going for OD, it was worth it to me even if i dint get my BFP, i atleast O on my own now.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Anupur - gorgeous! What a fun tradition!

Tella - :hugs: I'm crossing my fingers that you have o'd by your appointment next week. Are you feeling pretty good otherwise?

tella - thank u. Everything crossed for u that u get next od. Lots of big hug to u dear.

Anupur - you look lovely! You are glowing! I predict a baby girl :winkwink:

Do you also get gifts during these two baby shower events? Have you started buying anything for baby?
Actually I remember leg pains at night. I remember waking up at night and it was really bad. What helped me was stretching my toes out and rotating my feet. And yes walking helped.

Tella - you did get a bfp and it was completely natural so it WILL happen again!! Rooting for you as always!

Anupur - you look lovely! You are glowing! I predict a baby girl :winkwink:

Do you also get gifts during these two baby shower events? Have you started buying anything for baby?
Actually I remember leg pains at night. I remember waking up at night and it was really bad. What helped me was stretching my toes out and rotating my feet. And yes walking helped.

Tella - you did get a bfp and it was completely natural so it WILL happen again!! Rooting for you as always!
maria here in india we dont buy anything before birth of baby, not a single thing. After baby birth we have some tradition that after 6 days of baby birth we buy new cloth for baby and other things. I dont know exactly about this programm but i will tell u when it happen. Everybody has different occassion in this purpose. My grand mother know about it. I and my hubby love baby girl, but if i will be boy we will happy too. Afterall its our baby. Yes during 'shadh ' everybody gave me some little gift like gold ornament, rupees etc. I feel the same pain at night. After walked it disappear.

Anupur - it sounds similar to how things happen in Russia (where I was born!) they also don't buy anything for the baby before its born. Over there mums spend at least 3-5 days in the hospital after labour and its up to the father and grandparents to run around the shops, buy everything, wash and iron everything, assemble the cot and the buggy :wacko:

I know every country has its traditions but personally I can't imagine not buying anything before baby is born....I loved going to baby shops and choosing everything and then decorating the nursery and washing the little clothes. My friends in Russia said it was quite stressful to come home from hospital and find that their family bought the wrong pram or not enough clothes....but like I said every country is different :thumbup:

Oh yes - I can't even imagine how my dh would handle buying everything. :rofl: It would all be the least expensive, probably ugliest things he could find. :haha: And he would HATE doing it!! I like the idea of the tradition, but I don't think I'd like to have to experience that one. BUT, it would keep me from buying a lot, I'm sure! Cause after the baby is born, it's so much harder to go shopping! :rofl:

Hi everyone, aw Anupur you look gorgeous hunny and its so lovely to hear of your traditions, I too like Cridge cant imagine everyone else buying for baby! Hope your legs aren't too sore, I suffer badly with mine at night too, it is getting harder for me to walk too far now either though so that doesn't help! x

Cant believe I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday, have our Dr appointment at the hospital so will report how everything is going. I'm really starting to feel a lot more tired now, lack of sleep doesn't help, the heartburn seems to have stepped up a gear and my bump seems to have dropped and is now hurting the tops of my legs with the weight, oh the joys lol. I also just don't feel myself the last couple of days, cant describe it as anything other than that!

Can I ask a question for those of you who breastfed, did any of you express? If so could you recommend a pump at all? I would love to give it a go, cant guarantee I know that it will work out for me but I'm willing to have a shot at it anyhow but would like to be able to express milk. Do I need to change to any particular teats for the bottles if I am expressing? Are any better than others? I have bought the Avent classic bottles.

Hope everyone is ok, Nikkia you doing ok hun?

Cullen - I can't believe you are just a week away from being full term :wacko:

I had an electric Avent pump and would not recommend it. Next time ill go for the electric Medela Swing. It's expensive but everyone who used it is is really pleased with it!! Are you all set and ready?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->