anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hi :hi: Kyla and Maria, thanks for the warm welcome and for explaining it so well. I misunderstood the doc's statement. So, she was referring to the number of holes and not the cysts. I should have known this much by now:haha: I thought this procedure is going to make me cyst-free and that is what is going to help in TTC.

Kyla- It gives me some relief to know that 5 holes on each ovary were enough for you to get to your goal. I hope it would be the same for me. I have not yet finalized on the doc. I have an appointment with another doc on Wednesday, after which I will be zeroing in on who will be doing my LOD.

Maria- I have read a lot of your posts and if I am not wrong, I think you have been active on this thread for the longest time and I am sure your knowledge on OD has helped many girls immensely. How is your OD miracle baby doing?

From reading your posts, it looks like there is no fixed number for how many holes should be done. My guess is it might vary depending on how polycystic the ovaries are. I live in India. I am taking a second opinion from another doc on Wednesday. Hopefully, he will give me the confidence I need to go ahead with the procedure.

Hi All!

Nikkia and Cullen – huge congrats!!!! What great news and beautiful names!!!:happydance:
Mommymel – wow; congrats!!!
Welcome Choco! You picked the best, most supportive and lucky thread! I had OD July 2012 and got prego on my first IUI round in Dec. Good luck!

Warning rant alert :growlmad:! I will preface it with – I am thrilled to be prego and expecting two nonetheless but I am now 34 +5 and feeling like I’ve hit a wall. I am pretty miserable to be honest. I am huge (well my tummy is anyway), everything hurts so very much and each day is harder than the last. I know I need to keep these babies in as long as possible but I am finding things REALLY hard right now. I was having pretty intense contractions for awhile there too but found out I have a UTI (another!) and so this was probably causing that as it has gotten better since I started antibiotics. The babies turn a lot which is excruciating. I’m not sleeping and I have to give myself blood thinning injections in my thighs every day which is getting difficult because it leaves me so bruised that I often cant find a new spot to inject! OK – rant over…:blush:. I will keep my legs crossed till 36 weeks then I will be begging my doctors to evict these lil beans!

Anupur – my bump buddy! I hope you are feeling well and more mobile than me! :hugs: I will post a bump pic soon.

Maria – how did the bob work out? Still happy with it?

Hope everyone else is doing well. Sending you all XOXOXs

Choco - good to know that Kyla also only had 5 holes drilled in each ovary and she got her miracle!! Good luck on Wednesday and keep us posted! Do you have many other pcos symptoms, like spots or being overweight?
I used to have awful skin on my face, cheat and back. I was covered in huge angry acne :nope: within 2 months of OD my skin cleared up! Then it was beautiful during pregnancy and whilst I breasted my baby. Then about 2 months ago it started to flare up again and I was getting upset. But I have now had 2 periods since I have birth (I had a 37 day cycle - not bad for me at all!!) and my skin is only bad on my chin and next to my eyes but it seems to be getting a little better. So I do hope that the OD is still having its positive effects on me even after having a baby already!

Sunny - so nice to hear from you!!! I'm SO sorry you feel crappy :hugs: And I also totally understand that you must feel really guilty for feeling so bad and wanting to have these babies out! Because you've struggled for so long to get pregnant you should be over the moon regardless of how awful you feel.... But it doesn't work that way! You are still human and being pregnant with twins in the heat we've been having lately is extremely hard physically! You have every right to moan! No one on Thais thread, still desperate for that BFP, wil think any less of you!!
Also as you've read from some of our posts a few pages back the first 4-7 weeks with a newborn are VERY hard!!

When is the earliest your doctor will agree to deliver them? Ill he thinkin of you and the babies and praying you get through the next couple of weeks!!

Welcome choco! :hi: Kudos for reading as much as you have! I read the thread for days (hours a day) before first posting and that was so long ago!! I had 4 holes drilled in one ovary. My doc said that research has been done that show more is not necessary better, and that even drilling just one ovary shows a lot of improvement. While I believe that, I do wish she had drilled both ovaries, in my case. GL!

Sunny - :hugs: You can do it!! Pregnancy gets so miserable with just a singleton that I'm sure with twins it's horrific!! But before you know it, they'll be here! Hang in there!!

Hi All,

Sunny: Double congratulations to you!! Wow, I would love to have twins, or so I think! There is a history of twins in my husband's family. I am so sorry for how you are feeling right now but you know all this is going to be worth it once you have your babies in your arms! Your due date is not too far away! Good luck!

Maria: It is good to know that you are still seeing the positive effects from OD even after 2.5 yrs (?). As I mentioned in my previous post, I had an appointment with the doc yesterday. He patiently answered all my questions. He said that the effects of OD will be in its peak for a year, which doesn't mean that there won't be any effect after a year. So, long live the good effects of OD! I have a very oily skin but don't have a major issue with acne (I have some acne scars from the acne I used to have long long ago) or being overweight. My current BMI is 24 but I would like to bring it down below 23. My main concerns are hirsutism and hair fall :( Oh, I can't tell you enough how much I HATE PCOS! Luckily, I was blessed with pretty thick hair so inspite of the bad hair fall, it doesn't look bad. But, few years down the line, I don't want to even think about it! :nope:.

Cridge: Thank you for the welcome! The doc I spoke to yesterday said that in general, he drills 4 holes on each ovary and during the surgery, if he feels the need for it, he would drill 1-2 holes extra. He would also be checking the tubes and pelvic cavity. Overall, I was satisfied with the meeting.

I am scheduled for Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy on 12th Aug but since the doc wants my OH to get his Semen Analysis done before we proceed with the surgery, which will not be possible for the next few days due to couple of reasons, I will be cancelling the booking for 12th and make another booking once I get OH's report.

Hey choco - sounds like you are comfortable with the OD!! And being a "lean" pcos'er I think the OD is meant to be more effective!!

First month after the I'd I ovulated naturally in cd12!!! That was amazing! It still took us 8 months to conceive after that but at least my body started to work a bit better.
I think I'm cd15 today and got quite a bit of ewcm in the morning so I'm hoping its a good sign and this month ill ovulate perhaps before cd20!!!

Anupur - how are you doing? Any more doctor appointments? Are you getting excited/nervous? Are you still going to have a c section?

hi everyone,:flower:
welcome choco in this lovely thread. I had done od on 06 april,2012. Then i got pregnant naturally on december,2012. Doing od is a great decision. Best of luck.​
maria my doc told that she will do c-section on15.08.13. Today when i wake up after a nap in afternoon i found white gooey mucusy discharge from vagina. In my whole pregnancy i didnt found any discharge. Is it normal? My doc told to notice baby movement all the time. Last monday 5th august my mom gave 9th month baby shower. I attached pic some pic. Many relative came and blessed me and my baby. I was so excited. Now i am living in my parent house. My mom take care of me nicely. After baby birth i will be here for atleast 3month. My grandma, mom will teach me everything. My mother in law are so excited. They think i will give birth of a little princess.​
sunny i can feel ur situation. My belly is also so huge. Cant sleep peacefully. But we have to do this. No pain no gain. So we have to face all this pain to get our little miracle.​
cridge how r u? Ur two boys r getting bigger hun. I think ur little one can crawling now. Did u get ur period monthly?​
kyla how r u? Time flies so quickly. I feel that it was last month when i hear about jude.​
lots of baby dust to all ttc ladies and lots of love to all pregnant women and mom. God bless u all.​

Attachments

• 050820131350_1.jpg
    050820131350_1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20130805_2.jpg
    20130805_2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5
Oh my goodness, anupur - this time next week you will be a MUMMY!!!!! This is so exciting! You look beautiful! Really glowing!
I know the last few weeks are hard but try to enjoy every last second of pregnancy - I'm sure you'll miss feeling the baby move from inside once its born.
It's such a special feeling!
I know how in India baby girls are so often not wanted so its wonderful to hear that your whole family is excited if you have a daughter - a little Princess :cloud9:
What colour was your discharge? It sounds like your mucus plug. But you can start losing it up to 3 weeks before labour starts. So yes just monitor baby movements. Are you going to the hospital on the 15th or a day before?

Anupur - you look great! How exciting that you'll have your little prince or princess so soon!

My little guy *is* crawling, and has been for a couple of months. :wacko: His favorite thing right now is to climb up the stairs. He's a super fast crawler (I call it run-crawl) as he crawls on his feet and hands, instead of his knees, so I have to race him to the stairs once I put him down (2 rooms away) and before I can get the gate up. :haha: He's such a delight to have around. I just love watching him and seeing him take in the world around him. :cloud9: I can't wait for you (and all my OD girls) to have the same experience!

Hi Ladies, Thought I would say hi as I have 2 spare minutes.

Anupur good luck I will be thinking of you.

Hope everyone is ok? Cullen how are you doing?
well all going ok this end I'm loving being a mummy and have started meeting friends and getting out a little now, its still tough and i's v tired but I'm very lucky to have a lot of support around me and my husband has been brilliant. Rory is feeding 3 hrly still but has gone from his birth weight of 4lb 11.5 oz- 6lb 15 so he is fattening up nicely. Take care all xx

Nikkia - lovely to hear from you! You seem to be doing very well and so is Rory! Are you able to bf him?

Choco - good luck for your OD tomorrow!

Anupur - just 4 days left! Eeek! Exciting!

Would be lovely to hear from some other girls like Keisha and Arza.

Hello ladies!!
I used to be active in the forum about 2 years ago. I am happy to see some familiar names still here and all the success stories. I just wanted to pop on and give my success story because I remember there were many days that I had very little hope. Even writing that sentence makes me tear up as the daily struggle of infertility comes rushing back to memory. So to be brief-I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 28. I had OD on Sept 30. Surgery went great and the recovery was fast. The following month was the first time I had ovulated though it was later in the month than expected. The next month after that (November), I ovulated normally and that was the month I got pregnant!! :baby: I found out on Dec 16th and I will never, ever forget that utter joy. My daughter will be turning one this month. I thank GOD first and foremost but I also contribute my success to OD. Also-and I still can't believe Im saying this...but I am currently almost 15 weeks pregnant with our second. Ladies-we.were.shocked!! I think it was because I had slowed down breastfeeding but it took ONE night for effort!! I wasnt tracking....we werent trying...like, its crazy. Doctors say PCOS never autocorrects but after having one, your body kinda knows what its doing a little bit better. That was my case. So anyway-please know there IS hope. With my school and baby schedule I wont be able to visit this thread again consistantly but if any of you have questions-please feel free to contact me via facebook. My name is Christina Madeson Palmer. I remember how much this thread kept me going. Take heart ladies. There is hope and your day will come! Hugs to each and every one of you on this journey!!! :hugs:

hi! I'm new to the forum scene. reason why I decided to join a forum is because I just really feel so alone. there is just no one who seems to understand what I am going through. girlfriends and family are getting pregnant like its the easiest thing in the world to do!

DH and I have been ttc for one year and 8 months now. diagnosed with pco in june this year. Had OD 7 june. took my last clomid this past Saturday. (anybody got the weird strobe-like visual side effects?) So now, doing the deed every day as per doc's instructions and hoping for the best. Although its a constant battle staying positive!

This thread with all the BFP success stories has given me the extra bit of hope that I needed though. Thanks!:thumbup:

Hi everyone,

Anupur - wow you look so lovely! Thinking of you, especially over the next few days. :hugs:

Nikkia - good to hear from you too. Rory is doing so well, you must be so proud!

Christina - That's such wonderful news! Congratulations! Thanks for updating us. I'm so happy for you, I read our posts before I joined the thread and you were one of the inspirational ladies that have me hope. Since having my baby, after the initial hormonal hair loss wobbles, my periods seem to be coming back properly, which is great news as we *may* go down the NTNP route in the future. I just need to wait so long after my c-section to fully recover.

Beau - Hi and welcome! :flower:
You're in the right place! Is this your second cycle after the op? Can I recommend PreSeed or similar sperm friendly lube, it really ha helped a lot if ladies. Also a good quality pre-natal multivitamin. DH and I took the Wellman and Pregnacare Conception multivitamins. Good luck, keep us posted.:thumbup:

hi everyone, just want to share good news that on 9th august i admitted in nursing home due to heavy discharge of mucus plug. Doc did emergency csection and my little daughter born at 11.16am. She was 3kg 200g. We are thinking of her name.

CONGRATULATIONS anupur I am absolutely thrilled for you and your husband :hugs: I bet she is gorgeous!!!
I hope you have a speedy recovery :hugs:

:hi: to everyone else hope you're all well?

Hi everyone!

Thank you Kyla for the warm welcome and advice.

Yes, this is my second cycle since the op, I'm on CD 12. Will start using opk tomorrow. I will look into whether I can find preseed locally. I'm in the southern hemisphere and suspect ya'll are not but I'm sure I can find something similar to it here. Have been taking prenatal vitamins since we started ttc. Tired of taking them :wacko:

ANUPUR, congratulations on your bundle of joy!

Congratulations Anupur!!!!!

Wonderful news, so happy for you!! Lots of love for your baby daughter and family :cloud9: Wishing you a speedy recovery :hugs:

Beau - Good luck with this cycle. This thread is very friendly and supportive. We all understand the emotions of ltttc. :hugs:

Anupur -CONGRATULATIONSI had a little cry of joy for you!!! I hope you and your gorgeous daughter are doing well and you recover quickly. Good luck with breast feeding!! Can't wait to know what you called her!! You are a Mummy!!!

Beau - welcome to the thread. Did you ovulate on your own before the OD? Have you checked DH too? Are the swimmers ok? I'm not sure if you have Amazin where you are but I know you can get both Preseed and Conceive Plus there.
Sending you lots of :dust:

Christina - WOW! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't believe your baby girl is younger than mine and you are 15 weeks pregnant again!!! You are crazy! But I do believe we don't choose when to have babies - they choose their time! So for you it means its time to have another :thumbup: I hope you are feeling well! When are you due?

I'm really stressed out at the moment ladies :nope: Right now I'm finding work really stressful and I'm only doing 3 days a week... I will have to see how things go and whether I get used to it. I planned to go back full time from 2014 but at the moment it certainly does not seem possible.

Choco - how is recovery going?

Hi everyone!

Maria, F, thank you for the dust :hugs: before OD I have always had very regular cycles, that's why the diagnosis was so surprising to me but apparently it does happen. I was not ovulating, no. DH swimmers are :thumbup:

:flower: to everyone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->