anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Cullen - she is darling!!! What a gorgeous picture! I am jealous of how well she sleeps :haha:

We are in the south east and Chris minders charge £5-5.50 an hour. Some provide food but usually it's just one meal a day - lunch is either just sandwiches or you provide your own.
See how you feel when she is a little older.

Hello ladies sorry I haven't posted in awhile hope your all keeping well !
Kyla hope your feeling a bit better x
Well I'm 18 weeks pregnant already the weeks are flying in morning sickness as eased off now thank god still sick every few days have a chest infection at the minute so off work for the week ! Haven't really felt baby move yet but it's prop still early days !
Hope your all set for Xmas especially those who's first Xmas as Santy

Bride - lovely to hear from you! 18 weeks is quite early if it's your first. I felt Sophia at exactly 17 weeks but I am very skinny around my tummy area and I had a low lying poster is placenta so the conditions were favourable for me to feel her early.
It's completely normal not to feel any movement until about 22 weeks with your first if not later especially if you have an anterior placenta. At your 20 week scan they will be able to tell you where the placenta is.

Will you find out what you are having?

Hello everyone,
I am new here and i go in next Friday for my OD Surgery :thumbup: I’m a bit nervous but very excited at the same time. Me and my DH have been trying for 1 1/2 years... I was told i have PCOS when i was 17. Hoping that this surgery will be the trick ..... Congrats on the BFP , i have been reading all the stories for days hoping to get some inspiration and i def. have!! Excited to finally join you ladies in this long journey of TTC!

Welcome Barberwife! :hi: This is a great group of women and there are lots of bfp stories here! Good luck with your surgery next Friday!!

Thank you Cridge .... Looking forward to getting to know everyone and the precious stories
:winkwink:

Thank you Cridge .... Looking forward to getting to know everyone and the precious stories
:winkwink:

~~ Also i have to ask has everyone on here had the surgery? And about how long did it take after the OD to finally get that BFP? Would you recommend this surgery to women with severe PCOS?

I have severe PCOS and I would recommend it for sure. That being said, I don't think my bfp was a result of the OD - I still had to use gonal-f. But my hormones definitely were helped by the surgery. Also, I was anxious to get things going, and when I didn't ovulate right away, I started on femara about 30 days after the surgery. I feel like that was a mistake. I think I should have waited 3 months after the surgery to see what effect it would have had on my body. That would have been HARD to do, but I think it would have been worth it. So I took femara for 6 cycles, and only ovulated on a couple of them with super high doses, then used gonal-f about 7/8 months after my OD and it worked the first time.

Welcome Barberwife :hi:

I had OD done in March of 2011 and conceived in October of the same year. DH sperm results weren't fantastic so I do believe that contributed to the longer wait. It was a totally natural BFP in the end :thumbup:

I was what's known as "lean" PCOSer. Sure I had perhaps 15 extra pounds I wish I didn't have but nothing too much. I had quite bad skin with spots. I had them on my face, chest and back. I also could on for months without ovulation.
Before the odi tried Clomid but never sure if I ever ovulated on it. After od I started getting more regular periods. They still weren't like clockwork but I ovulated naturally! And within about 6 weeks my skin miraculously cleared up! But I remained on Metformin after the OD and also throughout my pregnancy. I do believe it helped keep my insulin under control.

So I definitely believe OD helped is get our daughter.

I wish you the best of luck for Friday and a speedy recovery. Everyone is different but I think usually the first 1-2 days are tough because the air they pump into you starts to get out and your chest feels like you've been beaten but I was horse riding after about 8 days!

:hi: ladies I thought I would check in on you all :) how are you all doing and the babies??? I know I speak to a couple of you still via pm/my journal :)

barberwife good luck with your surgery next Friday I hope you have a smooth recovery :)
OD unfortunately didn't give me my bfp but IVF did, my cycles never regulated after & oh had :spermy: issues, but the success rate on here is very high, but think a few of the ladies had meds still? I hope it works wonders for you it's for sure worth getting done, I do not regret getting it done as I know I tried everything :)

\Yea that’s what i have heard, I’m very good with pain so I’m hoping that will help... I was nervous but now I’m just anxious. I believe that my time will come and i feel like this surgery will help get me one step closer. Can’t wait to have it and recover then begin trying again.
Thank you again for the kind and encouraging words! Also congrats on your sweet blessing!!!

Scerena~~
I'm hoping that the surgery its self will do the trick but i am prepared to do whatever else to be able to finally have my bundle of joy and give my husband a beautiful baby boy/girl!! It will all be worth it in the end ... Just have to wait and stay positive!

Exactly, positivity is key :) I'm sure it will have an effect if you give it time to! Do you have periods on your own?

Scerena~
I have had to have some help getting it started about 7 Months ago but ever since then I have had it on my own with no help.
In the past years i have needed help every few months. But here lately AF has made her way naturally.

Sounds positive! Sounds like the OD will hopefully be just what you need to get you ovulating a nice egg each month :)

Yep that’s what I’m hoping for :thumbup:
Also when i had my blood done about a month ago with the FS , they said all my levels looked normal... 30 cysts on each ovary :nope: and as far as we know that’s the only problem. I pray that finally this will be the last step to me getting my :bfp:

Well i just got a call from my FS and they said that my A&H or H&H levels are GREAT :happydance: and the fact that I’m 24 and my A&H levels are so good that’s it’s a very good sign for me :happydance::happydance::happydance: One happy lady right now ! Hope you all are having a fantastic week!!

:hi: and welcome to the thread Barberwife.
You are definitely in the right place for support, we've all experienced the same range of emotions. You may have read through my story with the others - I had my drilling done on Dec 11 and fell pregnant in May 12. My OD baby is now 10 months old :happydance: I was very nervous of the op, but everything was fine, I had a little infection afterwards which i had antibiotics for. I didn't ovulate on my own after the operation, but I did respond to a combination of Metformin and Femara (aka Letrozole) and I got pregnant the first month I took both together. My PCOS symptoms have been loads better since the op too. I def recommend it and would have it done again should I ever need it. I have decided since having my baby to not take any contraception, and I did notice I have ovulated and my periods seem to be regulating - great news if ever we decided to go for No 3. :winkwink: and we have some ladies here who are expecting their second OD baby.
The hardest thing after the op, for everyone I think, is to not expect instant results after the op. It takes a few months for our bodies to recover and begin to react to what has happened yet our minds want that miracle first month BFP. Relax, look after yourself and keep us posted :friends:

Cullen - Awwww. Bless little Ella! She's such a sweetheart!! Doesn't the time fly. I will mail you soon. Lovely to see you back on here. :hugs:

Nikkia - I do get out to groups, a baby group locally and the ladies are lovely but everyone seems so busy with their own lives and going back to work it's hard to arrange to meet up with anyone for a coffee. Rory's doing well, it's a magical age. :cloud9:

Cridge - Your little ninja looks just gorgeous!

AFM - Still very down with the PND. My tablets are beginning to work but I am so tearful and feel hopeless. I went to a post natal support group but it wasn't very good so going to look in the new year for a different one. It's a horrible thing to have, I am so grateful to have baby Jude around but I have read so much about ladies with PND and how they feel that it's good to know I am not alone and why I feel how I do. It's been hard to get into Christmas even.

There's lots of OD Babies about to have their first and even second Christmas - What does everyone have planned? Sorry if I have missed everyone - thinking of you all :flower:

Kyla - I'm so glad you're trying out support groups. I really do feel for you hun! :hugs: Take care of yourself!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->