anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hey ladies...I am officially booked for ovarian drilling this Saturday January 25th....I turn thirty on Thursday....hopefully this will be a BFP....the best gift I can ask for my 30th b'day.....I would never have agreed to this surgery if it were not for this thread....reading all your wonderful stories and all the encouragement especially Kyla and Maria F.......please say a prayer for me...I am so scared but I know I have to do it.......

:hi: Nikkia! 6 months, it's amazing how quickly the time flies by. Weaning is so much fun, does Rory have a favourite food? Jude loves grated cheese for a snack, he does a little sing-song when he's eating it. :haha: Are you getting out to any groups?

Shardil - :hugs: Good luck for your operation, I know you're nervous but you'll be absolutely fine. :thumbup: We've all been there with the nerves, I am a terribly anxious person and I was scared too, so completely understand but I'd go through it all again if needed. Enjoy your birthday and the next step forward on your journey. I will be thinking of you on Saturday, looking forward to hearing how you get on and supporting you after the op. :friends:

Thanks Kyla :hugs: I was wondering about post-op...would I be able to climb steps? my bedroom is upstairs ....a short flight of stairs...but was wondering if I would need to stay on the couch.....guess it varies from person to person...also I read that some ladies could not wear pants after...i am usually a jeans n tshirt kinda gal.....i guess only dresses would suffice for the while? did you feel the pain in your ovaries for long after or the worst part was the stitches on the belly button? how long after were you able to drive?Sorry for all the questions....I can't stop thinking about the surgery.....I am anxious.....:shrug:

Hi Shardil - I was fine going up steps provided I did it slowly. You will be on painkillers of course.
I found the pain was more internal than the stitches, I didn't even know where one of the stitches was as I was a wimp and refused to look!! To me, it's like that trapped wind pain. I did suffer afterwards as I had an internal infection and I needed antibiotics but this is rare and no-one else on this forum seems to have had the same - but I managed with it and I really am a scaredy cat when it comes to pain so I think you'll be fine. We've had a lot of successes on this thread so it's quiet at the moment as many girls are busy with their babies, but I think the fear of the pain is worse than the actual experience for most cases.
I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl too, I took some loose joggers for post-op going home and wore a massive t-shirt nightie or loose pj's while I lounged around recovering. They put massive plasters over my stitches which provide padding, my hubby had to change the plasters as I couldn't bare to look :dohh: You will get some gas pains afterwards as they use air to inflate your tummy so they can get a good look around, and it takes a little while afterwards for the air to go. I took Windeze for this, and peppermint cordial is great too - although I don't like the taste :haha: Your first night may be uncomfortable, so definitely try to make it to bed rather than the couch.
Driving wise, I had my op on 29th Dec 2011 so I didn't need to drive for a while as I didn't need to go anywhere.
Ask as much as you want to hun, you will be nervous but I am confident you'll be back on here to report it wasn't anywhere near as bad as you fear :hugs:

well i am now officially a OD graduate.....had the surgery yesterday...doc said tubes were fine and he drilled 5 -7 holes in each ovary.....it wasn't as bad as I expected..when i woke up...was in some pain and they gave me morphine....and i felt ok...just slept most of the day......also got a prescription for pain meds olfen and trabilin...have'nt started any as yet since pain is not unbearable...still sore and i can walk just have to take my time.....doc said to chk him in 4 weeks....so i'll keep you guys updated....

Welcome to the od graduate club Shardil!! Really pleased all went well and your tubes are clear :happydance:

Now sending you lots of :dust:

Thanks for the update Shardil.
Sounds like everything went well, it really isn't as bad as we fear is it. :hugs: That's great news about your tubes, and they haven't found anything else like endo :thumbup: Remember to count the day of your op as CD1 of your new cycle, recover well and try not to stress about seeing immediate results. Keep us posted on how your recovery goes :flower:

HI girls, just popping in to say :hi: Welcome to the new members hope we see OD bfps soon and you get to gradutate with a baby in arms :hugs:

AFM, still trying everything to make that bfp a reality again for me, fxd this is my cycle and that i can also officially graduate OD :)

Lovely to hear from you Tella :hugs: I often think of you and wonder how you're getting on. Sending you lots of dust, I have everything crossed for you, keep us posted.
:dust:

hey ladies..not feeling too well today...:nope::wacko:i can barely eat....everytime i try to eat or drink the slightest bit..my stomach is feeling heavy and full......did any of you experience this? also shoulder, neck and back pain.......did any of you experience any of these symptoms? i cant even drink water properly

Hi Shardil,
Sounds like you're having normal post-op gas pains to me, however if you are worried you should always phone the hospital to speak to someone medically qualified for reassurance, especially if you're not able to drink.
Post-op gas pains are very common, pain isn't from gas within your bowel, but from pressure of the gas around your abdominal organs where they inflated your tummy, it's the gas which will irritate the organs and cause soreness. Pains around the neck, back and shoulder are normal referred pains, which mean you get pains there even if the gas is causing pressure lower down and it will get better over the next few days. They hospital should've given you pain killers enough for a few days, and I remember you saying you weren't taking them because you felt fine - have you taken any at all since hun?
Try putting a hot water bottle onto the shoulder to ease the pain.
Your digestive system will still be sluggish after the anaesthetic, which could cause you to feel full and anxiety and worry might make you feel worse. :hugs:
Give your hospital a call to just go through your symptoms and reassure yourself it's normal. Hope you feel better soon, it does take a few days to feel right again. :thumbup:

thanks kyla...I called my doctor and he advised me to use some maalox....said it could be acid...which I don;t understand....I have no appetite as well.....is this normal? back and shoulder pains have eased up tremendously...however full feeling when i try to eat or drink anything persists.....if this continues by tomorrow will go in to see doctor tomorrow...:growlmad:.....lost 3-4 pounds already over the last 3 days....my weight has gone down to 110 :nope:

Hi Shardil, how are you feeling today? Any better?
I don't remember about the appetite. The acid may relate to reflux after the general anaesthetic.
I did have an internal infection after my op, but this is quite rare. I had a lot of pain in my left ovary region which led to me not being able to straighten up to stand. A quick course of antibiotics helped me recover quickly from that.
Have you seen your Dr? :hugs:

thanks Kyla.....I am feeling a little better...can move around a bit more.....appetite increased slightly...any improvement is good so I am happy about that...got a full 8 hours sleep last night....can you tell me when I should start checking for ovulation? thanks again kyla....:hugs:

Glad you are feeling better Shardil!!! I'd say you should be back to normal within 7-10 days.

Unless you had a super regular cycle before the OD (which I'm guessing you didn't!) I would count the day of the op as CD1.

Before the OD I only ovulated on my own 3-4 times a year. And after the OD I ovulated exactly 12 days later which I thought was a miracle!! I think I started getting lots of ewcm and pain on my side from around cd10 and then got a positive opk on cd11!!!

Do you use opk's to test for ovulation?

Hi Maria....since coming off BCP my cycles never resumed.....so I used opks but to no avail as I never ovulated and never had a period....so should I start testing around day 9 or 10 for ovulation? I really hope I do ovulate now.....:thumbup:

I was totally obsessed with opk's so started testing about 10 days after the od. I think I was lucky to have ovulated so soon after the op and got a positive opk.
If I didn't ovulate that early after the op and kept doing the opk's chances are I would have gotten even more obsessed and depressed :nope:

They recommend to try and stop monitoring things after the OD for 2-3 months because it's such a massive change to your hormones that your body needs time to adjust. Just bd at regular intervals and perhaps watch out for ovulation signs (like ewcm, twitches on your sides, etc). I know it easier said than done though and I couldn't stay away from the opk's!

Hi Shardil - I agree with Maria! Try your best to relax for the first few months after the op and let your body settle!

Girls - Mommy Mel wanted me to check in for her and give everyone her best wishes. She's expecting her baby boy in the next month!!

Awww! That's so nice of you to update on Mommy Mel! I can't believe she's due so soon! This pregnancy flew by!!! And a BOY!!! How amazing! If you speak with her send her our love!

Hi ladies...it is 6 days post-op....i am feeling a lot lot better!!! one question....i am still having a small bleeding discharge since the op....is this normal? should I b worried? well hope you all have a great weekend:hugs::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->