anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hey bumski, yeah Im doing opks...not had a positive one yet! Ive started my clearblue fertility monitor as if CD1 was the day after the drilling so hopefully that will pick up if I am going to ovulate as well. Im also taking my temps and trying to work out my cervix position (when I remember & not that I really know what I am doing...I havent done it before!). Sounds like ive turned into a ttc psycho again!!

Thanks for the good news story! Fingers crossed the drilling has done something good im kinda scared that it hasnt but am soooo glad that ive had it done at least there is some hope now!!!

Did you get any EWCM after the op? I had loads of it a couple of days ago and dtd 6 days after the op just in case it was some ov action but as I havent had any positive opks or a temp rise im thinking that it may just be post op weirdness!?

Sorry to hear that you think you are out this cycle, what CD are you? The drilling must do something good vaguely remember when chatting to you before that you didnt get any cycles for ages either before the op?

Would be good if we could find some more girlies on here with drilling success stories! Good luck all! x

im 12dpo today and got BFN yesterday, i was a bit gutted but im trying to stay positive about the next one, i cant remember if i got ewcm or not because to be honest i was only checking with opks, (i didnt really know if it was going to work) :blush:

before the drilling i rarely got af and i never ov, im still not quite sure where DD came from, lol.

im sure the drilling will have worked for you. are you being prescribed clomid aswell? i was told i would but then they refused it :growlmad: thank god my ovaries are still pulling their weight :winkwink:

how are you doing kstan? are you charting? think we should stick together on here and we can check on each others progress,
i found a thread that was quite old that was about OD and it started like ours with everyone unsure, but almost everyone was pg or had given birth in the end, it gave me a lot of hope, GL girls

Yey! Glad there are good news stories out there..hopefully this thread will turn into one too, would be good if we could all keep in touch on here!

Im really sorry to hear about the bfn, it could still be too early tho? Wish we had a crystal ball so we could know whats going to happen to us!!! You are right to stay positive tho...it WILL happen:flower:

I went shopping yest and also food shopping today and feel soo swollen and sore again now doh, its soo hard trying to take it easy when feel ok!:dohh:
How long did you take to recover properly after the drilling?

I am supposed to be prescribed clomid if nothing happens in the next 4-6 weeks, ive made a docs appointment on the 11th Jan which hopefully they will give me clomid. I needed a letter from my FS before tho so that they would prescribe it...she seemed to think they wouldnt need anything this time and would just give it to me...we shall see, I hope i dont have the same problem!!!!!!

Take it you got your positive opks around 14days after the op? I've been doing them the last couple of days just in case, dont think much is going on at the mo! Ive not had much luck with them in the past...think its poss cos ive never ov'd before tho!!

Yeh Bumski - would be good to all stick together on here and keep updated with how we're all getting on. I was so gratefull I spotted Annie had her op just before me and she really put my mind at ease...would be good if others due to have op could pop in on here and we can talk them thru it. Think key thing i learnt from op was that I shoulda took 2 weeks off and not 1!

How u girls doing? Im still waiting for AF so kinda in limbo until she arrives x

Hey girls, im a bit down today...I really got my hopes up that I was going to ov but now am not so sure!! think my cbfm is stuck on high fertility and im not actually going to get a peak...I had what I thought were positive opks a couple of days ago but after reading the instructions turns out they were probably negative (I only got faint lines). Ho hum really shouldnt have got my hopes up but its sooo hard not to:dohh:!

Hope you are both ok?

I just popped on here again after not checking this thread for about a week... yay! A couple more that had OD! It has been almost 3 weeks since I had it done, and I'm still feeling like crap, to be honest! I think a big part of it is that my FS put me on birth control to manage my endometriosis for a while, and I have sore breasts, nausea and emotions that are out of control! Finally not so bloated, but very very tired!

Hoping for a Christmas baby after my 3 months of BC. :)

Hi girlies....I'm gettin strange pains in my left ovary today and yesterday. Almost like I'm being burnt by a cigeratte or something (not that I've ever been burnt by one!!)
bloating is a joke nearly 3 weeks after op. I went clothes shoppin today and I swear I looked great for a 6month pregnant lady!
Stared using opks other day. I'm countin cd1 as 3rd day after op as that wen I had very slight bleed that lasted few days. Over last 4 days opk started negative and was mega positive day before yesterday. Still positive yesterday but slightly lighter and today back to negative. Praying that they don't go +ive again as that's my main prob up until now....constant lh surge! Here's prayin I ovulated!! We bd on night of first +ive test but not last night as sooo tired!
Firefox sorry ur feeling down. I think once u have 1st af after op u'll feel much better as at moment ur like me and kinda guessing wen cd1 was for last cycle.
Katy what cd are u?
Oh and have yr stitches Come out yet ladies? I'm worried as mine still in. I can see them
gettin more imbedded as days go on xx

Hi girlies....I'm gettin strange oains in my left ovary today and yesterday. Almost like I'm being burnt by a cigeratte or something (not that I've ever been burnt by one!!)
bloating is a joke nearly 3 weeks after op. I went clothes shoppin today and I swear I looked great for a 6month pregnant lady!
Stared using opks other day. I'm countin cd1 as 3rd day after op as that wen I had very slight bleed that lasted few days. Over last 4 days opk started negative and was mega positive day before yesterday. Still positive yesterday but slightly lighter and today back to negative. Praying that they don't go +ive again as that's my main prob up until now....constant lh surge! Here's prayin I ovulated!! We bd on night of first +ive test but not last night as sooo tired!
Firefox sorry ur feeling down. I think once u have 1st af after op u'll feel much better as at moment ur like me and kinda guessing wen cd1 was for last cycle.
Katy what cd are u?
Oh and have yr stitches Come out yet ladies? I'm worried as mine still in. I can see them
gettin more imbedded as days go on xx

All sounds promising kstan lets hope you have or are going to ov! keep us posted! My stitches havent come out yet..was told that they would dissolve but ive still got weird string coming out of them which I keep catching on clothes etc. Im hoping that they fall off when they proper scab over if that makes sense?! The one on my belly button keeps getting caught so hope it heals soon and doesnt get infected.

Im still confused about whether I am going to/ have ov'd think i've had all the signs except peak fertility on cbfm...am starting to question its reliability! :shrug:

hi girls, its all sounding positive, kstan it does sound like you have ov, the one thing that i really noticed after ov is that cervix goes very tightly closed,

firefox dont worry too much about the cbfm, i hate mine now, i wont trust it, it guessed ov the second time round correct so i thought it was great, then the next month i got a peak on cd14 but no other signs, negative opks and no temp rise, then 2 weeks later my opks went dark and i then got my temp rise and af 2 weeks later, so its going on ebay now :dohh: i just dont trust it, to be honest i like reading the sticks as it checks for estrogen too.

well af got me last week so im guessing it will be a long wait for ov again, it seems to come every 8 weeks or so, perhaps only one ovary is working :shrug: so that means about 5 weeks to go, so for now im letting my hair down and enjoying xmas, hope your all having a good time

my stitches also confused me, i was told they would dissolve but they didnt, they were like fishing wire, my mil is a nurse and said once im healed they will pull out easily, which they did, i couldnt feel anything

I'm glad u said it didn't hurt as gettin mine out tomorrow.
Sorry af got u again. I can't remember if u already said but are I taking any fertility drugs? Been back for any scans?
Wish I felt like drinking. I've been right bore this Xmas and hasn't touched a drop. I just feel totally off alcohol. Maybe it's cos I know if I haves drink I'll want a gag and I quit day before me op!
Xx

Sorry AF got you bumski, hope ov comes quicker for you this cycle. The cbfm seems to be the biggest con ever, im going to put mine on ebay too I think...esp if I can get a BT done tomorrow and it does show ive ov'd. Ive been using progesterone cream the last 4days and am going to continue to use it until af..hoping it increases my LP if i have ov'd but am thinking it may screw up blood test results?

Did you get your stitches out & blood test yest kstan?

Hope you both had a fab christmas & got loads of nice pressies!

I am soo suprised that I had a really good one. I've enjoyed myself soo much in the last few days I havent thought about ttc at all.... & that never happens!!! I was naughty and drank xmas day too (only a couple of ciders & champagne but I did feel a bit drunk :) Sorry you didnt feel like drinking kstan, well done on the quitting smoking tho thats brill! I kno what you are going through its soo hard, I quit (properly) about 7 months ago it does get easier! xx

Didnt get bloods honey as been too rushed trying to get round everyone over last few days! One stitch out but wasnt brave enough to let nurse tackle other 2 so they are stayin put for a while - haha!!

Ive kinda pinned all my hopes on that I O'd this mth and the one time we dtd has done it for us...sounds crazy doesnt it! Hope Im not setting myself up for a huge fall xx

I hope you've caught it kstan, fingers crossed for you!

Im gutted AF showed today...7DPO, exactly the same problem I had with my LP when I was on clomid. At least I ov'd I suppose but I stupidly had such high hopes for this cycle so can't help feeling soo cr*p and not sure what to do next! I dont know whether I should still wait till the 11th Jan to go to the docs or whether to go as soon as I can and explain the situation (& hope that I see a doctor that understands about LP defects!). Am thinking that maybe I do need clomid again & sooner rather than later? Im scared that they wont give it to me or tell me to have more natural cycles & I will be waiting forever as I wont actually ov again! Its typical really, ive had such a good few days & then AF sends me back down to reality! xx

Sorry AF got u hun. I get what you mean about docs - they can be so hit and miss and instead of them losing face and admiting they dont know anything about the subject, they retain they do and semd you away for a couple of months (I think in the hope that u dont go back to them and expose them for their lack of knowledge in other subjects!)
Can u contact your FS secretary and get her to ask yr FS where u should go from here? Do you have a fertility (private) hosp near you? (Most hospitals where they deal with fert issues normally have a private section within them, from experience.)
Hope yr ok hun xx

sorry af got you firefox :nope: could you have got your ov day wrong? lets hope so, atleast that way you know your working, did you still get your bloods done to find out?

i havnt been thinking too much about ttc either which has been lovely to be honest, i think it was mainly because af got me too but im pretty sure once new year is over i will be right back on it, i was go try and not obsess for a cycle because i have no opks or anything in the house but the more i think about that the more it scares me, i would hate the not knowing where i am for so long,

hey hopefully you will have caught first month kstan, it really can happen, iv read so much about people falling straight away, we caught the first one but it didnt stick :cry: i will just have to try harder, iv even taken to eating lots of oranges in the 2ww, iv heard they help with implantation, i will try anything to be honest,

hope you girls have a great new year, and enjoy yourselves while you can, chances are you will not be able to party this time next year, or even sooner :winkwink:

What CD are u on Bumski? (I always feel strange calling u bumski!! Haha!)

Hope we have caught but only dtd once on day of +opk and nothing since!

Hi girls, sorry for not replying sooner ive been soo busy last couple of days which is lucky as it stopped me obsessing so much about my cycle & disappointment! Im 99.9% sure that I got the right ov day as I had the temp shift and all the other signs around cd15 then got my period at CD22 (that was using progesterone cream too which was supposed to extend my LP!) I didnt get a chance to go for the blood test cos AF showed the day I was going to get it so I didnt bother! I phoned my Gp this morning and luckily they had a cancellation appointment first thing. The doc I saw gave me 6 months clomid prescription to start today, she did say to me: "you dont seem to want to hang around" (ie wait and see if i get another natuarl period). I said to her that as I know that ive had the LP problem on every cycle before I think that it'll be the same again and I know that the drilling might only be effective for 6 months so want to try everything that I can. She was happy enough with that and just prescribed the clomid. Ive got another blood test form so can get my 7dpo bloods done if I make it that far this time! I soo hope this works I was even more of a psycho on clomid the last time!

How are you both getting on? kstan have you been keeping yourself busy in your 2ww?

Bumski the doc said to me today the whole thing about not stressing about things and trying to relax, she said she knows its easier said than done but I'll never get pregnant if my body is always in the fight or flight mode as if im being chased by a lion...she out it better than that but it soo right about not obsessing...its really going to be my new years resolution (once i know that my cycles are ok on clomid that is :))!! xx

i really hope i can chill this month, its the not knowing when and even if that makes me obsess so much, thats great news you have clomid again, they wouldnt give me any more which peed me off but i may try them again after a couple more trys, i hope it works well for you and that your lp lengthens too, :thumbup:

my real name is carly, i know bumski is a wierd name, lol :blush: its what DH used to call me, im not one for nicknames so it was the only thing i could think of when i joined :dohh:
im on cd11 today, i gave in and ordered my opks yesterday, not sure when they will arrive because of the new year but i will keep ya updated, i was about cd35 when i got a positive last time so it could be a long wait :shrug:

hope you all have a good new year, we are having a little party so i think i will be a bit worse for wear on sat, cant wait now though :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->