anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hi ladies had my RE visit this morning. We found out that there is a large cyst on my left ovary so i have to do a next ultrasound 6 weeks from now, if the cyst has disappeared & no BFP at that time, we are going to be doing an IUI for the following cycle. Really hoping that i get my BFP before then.

It is now 6 weeks after my OD. I have ovulated twice now. (possibly the first time ever) I am starting my 2WW. I am really hoping I can say I have a BFP soon! Anyone considering the OD procedure, I would highly recommend it. Also, I am not sure if it has anything to do with the surgery, but I have lost 7 pounds since OD. I have been running and working out consistently for 2 years and have only been maintaining my weight.

Hi Ladies,

MariaF, Kstan and Babydust1 - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Oohh Tomorrow is the BIG day! :) It has come round finally! - I think its quite quick because I am doing the procedure privately, if I had gone through the NHS it would have taken a lot longer plus I wouldnt have got my OBGYN. Anyway alls well that ends well. If the OP works and I am sure it will - it will be worth it, and if not well its not the end of the world - I have faith!

snflwrgrl9 - Best of luck - hope to hear ur gud news soon and Maria yours too.

Lots of baby dust all our way!!!! X x X

Arza - I love the PMA! And thank you for thinking of me :flower:

Ill be thinking of you tomorrow and crossing my fingers! Look forward to your story of how it went :coolio:

Keisha - cysts are quite common and most of them do dissolve by themselves. I really hope you get your BFP soon. Ohterwise we may be do IUI at the same time :thumbup:

Hello Ladies,

I had my op done on Wednesday - All went well.

I have 4 scars - 2 on my sides, 1 inside my belly button and one just under my bikini line. I am really sore around the scars. Some are still slightly bleeding - not sure if they are opening up as I am having to move around a lot. I also have severe constipation - did anyone else go through that and what did you do to solve that?

The doc has given me pics of the operation and I had 4 holes done in each ovary. I have a follow on appointment in 6 weeks time. Now just a 2 week recovery time. The hospital was great and the staff were amazing - so overall OK! I still feel that it is too expensive privately when it is done for free on the NHS, however all done now - no going back!

So,ladies - advice please I have just had very slight bleeding (just droplets) over the last two days - its stopped now i think - what I want to know is when did you start doing ovulation tests? My doc said that I should start trying for a baby in 2 weeks time after full recovery but he hopes that I should have had an AF in the 6 weeks before I am to see him! I asked him about the ovulation testing and he said that he is not a fan of the OPK's as they can be inaccurate...so he said that he would just advice intercourse every other day after 2 weeks. So any advice again will be appreciated.

Hope you are all well - write soon!:hugs:

Hi Arza - glad all went well! I agree about the private costs but the waiting on the NHS is horrible.
I was very sore around stitches - lasted about 2 weeks. But don't remember constipation.... I hope it goes soon :hugs:

I started doing OPKs on day 10 after the surgery and got my strong positive the very next day! I then had some sever pains on Day 12 so I believe i ovulated then. So Id start doing the tests from day 9-10 after the op.

I hope you get a positive soon!:thumbup:

Arza - so glad you are doing well after your OD. I ovulated on day 11 after my OD. I would recommend testing starting at day 9 or 10 as well. As for the constipation, my lasted for about 3-4 weeks. There wasn't much that helped me. I tried getting some extra fiber and using Metamucil to help, but it still lasted about 3-4 weeks. That was the worst part for me.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and we hear about a BFP from you soon!

Hello Ladies like MariaF, Kstan and Babydust1,

well i had my OD on the13th may i jus decided to do a search on success after OD and found this site i must say you ladies have been tru so much but im glad that there is alot of posiives well i cheated in reading the post im now on page 30 and decided to move to the last page to see how u guys are doin, glad to see all is well,

A little of my history i dont no if to say my case is unexplained or pcos i have y periods every 28 days like clock work till aug 2010 when all went wrong and it stopped coming over the years i have done hsg tubes were fine one doc said i have pcos and wanted to do the surgery since 3 years ago to remove cyst but couldnt one day show me the cyst on the ultra sound soi also did 2 iui with clomid which failed i went for another opinion and was told i dont have cyst even though i dont ,i have always had bad acne and oily skin and hairy legs and under my chin so he suspects its mild pcos.

well i took some time off since that crazed dr wanted to do surgery to remove lord knows what i wasnt comfortable i felt like i was goin to be cheated on an robbed so never the less my new dr suggested lap/od to rule out endo.

the results of the lap/od is that i have no cyst and no endo so there was nothin more to do than the OD recovery was wonderful not much pain, a bit gassy and bloated but i took pain killer only the even i returned home and that was it. So its now 3 weeks after OD and i noticed my acne has eased up so too has the oily skin and hair under the chin.

So im keeping my fingers crossed that within a ew months i too can be a success story.

Baby dust to all
Symplsam

Well i finally got tru the 65 pages of post i started at 9am this morn and it now 6pm :)

Talk to u guys soon goodluck to all

I went for my OD on the 1st of June 2011, and they discovered i had grade 3 ENDO which they removed, the op was fine, no pain on the cuts (3 tiny ones) but the gas afterwards was horrible, it took me 4 days to be able to move properly.

Day 5 after the op my cut in my belly button started to pain and itch, hopefully becuase it is healing.

A friend of mine suggested starting to try after a week, has anyone started that soon? Im a bit scared its gonna be sore as it might not be healed properly.

I've started a Journal called "Tella TTC #1 Journal" to keep track of all the happenings from hereon. Lets hope and pray we get a BFP soon.

Baby Dust to all :D

I think we started tring 10 days after the op because I got a positive OPK on day 11. Dind't fall though :nope:

But this was my second laparoscopy and I had no gas pains at all this time. First time I was also in pain for days after the op!!

Good luck!

From what day did you start the OPK test?

Yeah the gas is terrible but hopefully worth it.
Good luck to you too :)

Hi Tella,

You and I both had OD on the 01st of June!! Well I think from the advise the ladies - on previous posts it is worth trying 10 days after!

I will definately try, but to be honest all I am hoping for at the moment is a natural regular period within 6 weeks and regularity of cycles just so that I can maximise this operation and hopefully get pregnant. Ofcourse if I do ovulate and fall preganant in the 1st month - that would just be awesome!!!!!
Well goodluck to you and me both!

MariaF - what cycle are you on? Has your FS confirmed IUI as next step for you? Hope you are well!

snflwrgrl9- Whats going on with you?

And all you OD graduates how is the pregnancy coming along! updates please! :hugs:

X X X

Hey Arza786! Thanks for thinking of me. I am currently 9DPO and waiting for my bloodtest on Saturday morning. I am so anxious. I will be taking my own HPT this week (just to check). However, I know that it might not be a true reading because I had an HCG shot and this could still be in my system and create a positive test. So, I probably won't know for sure until Saturday. I have had 2 appts for bloodwork this week and they say my progesterone level is good. So.....FX!!

Hi Tella! I O'd at 11 days after my OD. I wasn't expecting it to happen so fast, but was really happy that it did. This is my second month ovulating since my OD. Hoping for a BFP soon (like this week!)! Good luck to you and baby dust to us all!

Im on cycle 4 after the OD - the first Clomid cycle. I tink I ovulated once - the first cycle after the op, but not since. Will be asking for progesterone test for next Monday to confirm if I ov'ed this month.

Given that you only have 6-9 months to get pg after the drilling we only have 2-3 months left. In august we are on holidays so by the time we come back it's about 6-7 months since the op. Time to think about next steps. For us the only options are IUI and IVF. I suppose they will start with IUI before moving onto IVF.
Tella - I started doing OPK's on day 10 after the op and got a strong positive on day 12 :thumbup: was pretty amazsed actually as before the OD I only ovulated on clomid!

Arza glad the op went well for u. Lots of luck to the other who've recently had od done too.
I was far too impatient to go au natural so one mtg after my op I went on clomid and paid for follicle tracking and hcg trigger shot. Best money ever spent x

Hi ladies, i am here just waiting to ovulate. I am on CD13 so i should be Oing this week or probably early next week

I spoke to the doc and he said once I have a discharge I should start testing so I started today. Day 9 but it is still negative but there is a light blue second line so at least there is LH in my system  Will continue testing for 7 days from here on.

snflwrgrl9 - Im holding big thumbs for you girl!!!!! Please let us know what is happening.

MariaF and keisha403- I will be holding thumbs that you guys Ov'ed this month. I know that feeling for too well when it doesn't happen. You guys are in my prayers!

kstan - It is so nice to hear your story and gives me an plan of action if I haven't Ov'ed in 4 months.

Good luck keisha and tella. Everything crossed you ovulate xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->