anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Lozdog - Id say it's very possible to ovulate shortly after the OD. But I would count the op day as CD1.
I had mine of CD12 or something. But that cycle I was unmedicated (i.e. not on Clomid) so it's hard to tell whether I would have ovulated withouth the op.

Anyway I ovulated exactly 12 days after the OD!

I think right now you are cramping still from the procedure but in a week or so it's likely you may actually ovulate!

Tella - good luck with those OPKs and have fun BD'ing :winkwink:

Welcome to the new ladies!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend & will have a exciting week. My weekend was very busy hubby & i had a family dinner yesterday, so between grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning my weekend was busy. But it was very lovely having everyone over, we don't usually have dinner by us so it was very fun!

Hey everyone, I kinda feel lost wihtout chatting to anyone here for 2 days :(

Im still getting negative OPK's, the lines arent even getting darker :cry: I have however started with a ovulation chart but im still getting into a routine. Just hoping that we will se there that i do actually OV, seeing that the last 6 OPK's has been no help and 5 more to go then im done for the month.

Hope everyone is doing good and we are halfway through the week...yipeee

:dust:

i know the feeling Tella. :cry:.... i have been there,,,, not nice to endure all this emtional hills.... but hang in there, we can do it.:thumbup:

I am on CD16 and my nipples are tingly,,, i hope its a good sign :happydance: ,,,, i feel as though i am reading every little sign or twich as a pregnancy sign, and thats so not good!!! :shrug:
i need to calm down and relax,,, easier said than done...:dohh:

:hugs: good luck Tella, we all on this emtional roller-coaster together....:kiss:

Keisha - any symptoms? Just 4 days till testing :happydance:

Tella - Im sorry about the OPKs :hugs: Did they get darker at all over the last few days? Or have they been equally faint?

MommyMel - I usually get tingly nipples after ovulation so looks like you have just ovulated!
Im CD5 and going to see the FS later today. I am hoping we'll set the month of IUI and it will be in September.

I am sick and tired of charting and using OPKs so I hope to be strong enough and not do it. The when Ill be roughly CD 25 Ill be going on holidays so Ill just have to wait and see if the witch arrives and if not - buy one test somewhere locally. I hope this will spare me from the POAS madness I usually go through from 8DPO! :wacko:

MommyNel > Thanks :hugs: I know we will all get there, it is just much easier to get through the day if you chat to everyone on B&B :D
I know im the same but like you say it much easier said than done to stop symptom spotting.

MariaF > Good luck for the FS appointment today, really holding thumbs that you can schedule for Sept!

Im starting to get into the groove of charting so im enjoying it at the moment. I bought a ovulation microscope today and it is amazing, it is complete covered in ferning which apparently means that i might ovulate in the next few days :happydance: I think just knowing i OV'd will be a cause for celebration on its own. But the OPK's are really putting me off. I thought in the beginning (CD13) that it was getting darker but since then they all have been light. But i find it very difficult not to pee for 4 hours before doing one, i don't have a strong bladder so by 2 hours im walking up and down the house but it doesn't always help :( so that might be the problem.

Hi ladies,
MariaF hope to hear some good news after your appointment!
Tella it sounds like you need to start BDing GL girl!
Hope everyone is doing fine!

Not much symptoms this cycle just tender boobs & some cramps.

Hi ladies well the hussy is of to england today and today is day 14 after last pill/provera well this is what happen hussy and i got bz this morning b4 he left i notice i was spotting when i reached to work but it only lasted a while then it went to ole blood and small pieces of brown tissue.............sssssssssssssssoooooooooooo im lost i was so happy that it may be my periods but i guess not i will keep and eye on it and see how it goes no pain/cramps whatsoever. So girls all the best Maria i hope all went well today

Welcome to the newcomers! This is a great thread with a lot of good information and advice. Wishing you all the best!

Well, AF showed up for me again. Going tomorrow for my ultrasound and bloodwork for this cycle. Looks like we will try an IUI this cycle. I hope this is it! I am not too comfortable with the IUI, but I just visited my 6 month old niece this weekend and found out that she is thanks to an IUI. my sister-in-law had PCOS too. So, it gives me hope.

Keishe - admire your patience!! I'd be testing like crazy already :haha: Not many symptoms doesn't mean anything and my fingers are still tightly crossed for a BFP for you!

Sam - when I was on Provera my Dr said that even a spot of blood should be considred as af and I could start Clomid then. Are you going to start Clomid this cycle? I hope the full flow arrives soon so give you a fresh start

Snflwrgrl - how exciting! IUI already this cycle! I had one in januray and it wasn't too bad. I only needed 6 injections + Pregnyl for my trigger shot and the actual IUI was less than a minute! And how good to have a positive example in front of you!

For me the FS just confirmed we'll be starting IUI in september. The thing is he got confused about the number of free goes. Last time we saw him (when we first got the referral) it was 3 cycles and yesterday he told me 5 :shrug: Trouble is according to our rules we can't start IVF until we've done all of the free IUI cycles. My question is, is it worth wasting time on 5 IUI cycles?

Also I decided to take Clomid this month. I noticed that since the OD its just my left ovary that seems to ovulate normally and my right one doesn't. This month it's right one's turn so I thought I'd give it a boost. This will take me into the August af and after that the last cycle before IUI I won't need anything as it'll be left ovary ovulating

Snflwrgrl > That is great! I completely understand your discomfort with the IUI, Im not to fond of the idea either but i suppose if that is the only chance we have then it is worth the shot.

Maria > All we can be holding our fingers crossed for is that you will only need 1 of those 5 IUI to get your BFP! Then there is no worry about the other 4 :D

Sam > It seems like more people are having trouble with Provera than what it is working. I used Primulot to bring on AF and that worked everytime.

Keisha > Still keeping my fx'd for you!!!!!!

:dust:

Thanks Maria and Tella, well as at this morning i still have no sign of a flow.

Maria - if a flow does come i would not take clomid cause the hussy is not in the country so i will just wait till he returns, i will however go see my DR on the 13 or 14 day for a scan as he request on my last visit.

Thanks Tella - I also hope so! :thumbup:

Sam - good idea about the scan. But have spoken to the Dr about why 15 days after Provera you still haven't got a period??

here in NZ we have a clinic across the country could "fertility associates" and the NZ government dpending on criteria (age, BMI etc) you get either 2 free IVf cycles or 4 IUI and 1 IVF cycle. iv seen these guys twice as referred by my gynaecologist and they didnt want to go down that track yet, the fertility guy (who by the way was the founder of IVF in NZ) wanted me to have the ovarian drilling. yet my sister in law saw the same guy and they went straight on to 4 free IUI cycles. granted she has not responded to clomid or nothing but i wonder why the different treatment plan? she had weight loss surgery and got her period for the first time ever at 30 years old. her thrid IUI has just resulted in an ectopic. man oh man i hope this drilling works!!!! i really dont want to be doing iuis !!

Best of luck to you Lozdog! I am personally very thankful that my doctor suggested OD so early when my ovaries weren't reacting to clomid at all. I think it saved a lot of time. My cycles have been normal ever since my OD in April. I would recommend OD to anyone that is considering it. I hope it works out for you.

Had a visit to FS today for u/s and blood work. Blood work is normal and I am starting clomid again on Saturday.

thanks snflowergrl :) when did you have your OD? mine was last wednesday, apart from the horrendous bruising (all colours of the rainbow) around my navel area, i feel good now :D ....for some reason, since having OD i have been feeling real (sniggers) horny haha, hubby and i DTD quite a few times and although i am CD 14 and technically DTD around the right time, im not sure that will be accurate since OD and someone mentioned that you need to make surgery day CD1...but that doesnt explain the people who say they got pregnant days after the surgery does it? maybe i am in with a chance ! ahhh i dont know

thanks sunflowergrl :) when did you have your OD? mine was last wednesday and i apart from the horrendous bruising (all colours of the rainbow) around my navel aread i feel pretty good :) i had it done CD8 - have DTD a few times since i the hopes im one of those lucky people who get pregnant "days after ovarian drilling". how does that work i ask? i mean , people have mentioned that you should consider CD1 surgery day, not your real cycle day but yet people have got pregnant a few days after the surgery? i finshed my AF 2 weeks ago so technically i should be like 2 dpo now, but if i were to go by surgery as being CD1 i would only be CD9 ahhhhhh all this thinking about it too much is doing my head in !!! :wacko:

sorry i need to edit that i didnt finish AF two weeks ago i HAD AF two weeks ago, so yeah , im like CD16 now i think (technically speaking)

Loz - yes there are many stories when women didn't have periods before the OD (so they didn't ovulate at all). Then exactly 2 weeks after the OD they ovulated, caught the egg and 2 weeks later got a BFP :thumbup: So they didn't even have a period inbetween!
Unfortunately I don't think any of the girls on this thread were that lucky - even those whogot their BFPs earlier in the year.
For me I just started my 6th cycle after the OD (I had it on March 5th). I know I ovulated on 3 or 4 of the previous cycles, we BDed at the right time and still nothing :nope:

On the one hand Im really happy to just be getting regular-ish periods after the OD but on the other hand the whole point of surgery was to get a BFP....

I started taking Clomid this cycle - I have about 7 weeks to go before my first IUI so I thought Id mazimise the chances of natural conception before then. Basically I know I ovulate out of left ovary (that was last cycle) but then my LP is a bit short. But my right ovary is still being lazy. Plus Clomid improved my LP so I figured it can't hurt.

Im CD7 with 2 more Clomids to go.

Snflrwgrl - you are only a couple of days behind me :thumbup:

Tella - any luck with OPKs?

Keisha - how are you holding up?

Maria I was actually waiting till the 14 days past bcause i didnt want him to say wait it out then come see him after the 14 days so now that it has come and gone i can give him a call. But will try to get a hold of him today. Thanks Maria

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->