anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Thank you for the welcome Tella:flower:

Tella - so it looks like its time for u to get busy:sex:, I am praying this is it for u

Tella - everything's crossed for that positive OPK today :thumbup: And get bysu girl!! Don't forget legs up in the air, Preseed and anything else you can do to assist :thumbup:

MommyMel - are you using OPKs this month? I always thougt ewcm was confusing. I sometimes got it a few days after af was over but knew it would have been way too early for ovulation! Then some months Id get tons of it and others - hardly anything.

Shareena - no symptoms for me yet....well, not really. I do have an upset tumm, odd cramps and m boobs are sore on and off. But this is nothing in comparison with what some women have like vomiting, feeling dizzy, etc. But then Ive read in several places that MS doesn't kick in properly till week 6 so I still have a while to go!

Fee - not long left till the TEST day :happydance:

my next appointment is 19th jan hun x

?? So long after the OD?? What are you expected to do until then? Just wait? Or do you have any Clomid?
Are they at least going to re-do your bloods for testosterone to see if that's gone down?
I re-did mine about 6 weeks after the op and testosterone has really gone down. I think it was the same for Cridge after her cyst stopped producing extra testosterone. This would at least show that OD helped with the levels

Welcome Shareena!!
Tella-Thanks SO much for the links! Super helpful!
And Pitty-Im praying for ya! Just try and do things that help to keep your mind off of it if you can (read, craft, etc...)
MommyMel-EWCM is TOTALLY confusing to me as well. Before PCOS DX-all my friends told me thats how I would know I was OV. Now I get it-I DONT OV so I dont ever get EWCM. And so now after OD-Im looking for EWCM daily! Ha.
So pelvic ultrasound came and went on Friday. Not sure why doc even rx'd it as Friday was only CD15. Im supposed to hear results early this week but Im not sure what we were looking for in the first place?! Either way-I trust my doc knows what hes doing. Ive just heard that some doc's run extra test just to pacify their pts. I hope my doc doesnt feel that pressure...
So no smiley on the OPK. Its CD18 today. Is it possible to have a period but not OV after OD? I thought having a period was a sure sign that the surgery worked. One thing that gives me hope is it looks like your ladies OV has been kind of all over the board as well. So I guess I just need to wait it out. It makes it hard when I pee on the stick every morning and DH practicly stops me at the door as I come out asking if its postive. :( I pray for his head and heart with this. I feel like its affecting him more than he's letting on...
Wishing you all a blessed day!!

CMPalmer - this happened to me. I had OD march 5th. Got a super strong positive opk 12 days later and has a perfect 26 day cycle.

So of course I was sure the next cycle would be the same. I kept doing OPKs but no luck. I went for my CD21 bloods that confirmed I didn't ovulate and the following day we were flying to Mexio for 2 weeks. So I thought oh well, at least ill have a period free holiday (in the past if I didn't ovulate I never had periods). So imagine my shock when af turned up on CD29!!! It was like a double hit in the stomach - no ovulation AND period during a beach holiday!

Then the following cycle I had an almost positive opk and af 9 days later - so again a messed up cycle. So it took me a few months to settle down after the OD. And after that 3d cycle I had 2 or 3 more Clomid cycles - just to give myself a boost.

Maria-
Man what a rollercoaster ride this is huh? I am SO happy for you lady. I cant imagine trying to so hard before the OD and still having problems after. I want to give you a big congratulations hug!!! :)
So -and Im sorry if this question requires you to repeat something you already said but according to my calculations you started back on clomid around June and did three rounds before you got pregnant in Sept? Is that right?
Thank you for the info. So I guess what Im going to do is just pee on my OPK every morning (its a smiley face or a circle-but should I take the stick out of its device and pay attention to the darkness of the lines as well?) and just expect my cycles to be totally random. Doc said that after three months if Im not OV-then clomid. But until (if) we get to that point-to basically not expect anything close to normal with my cycle. That way Im not setting myself up for more dissapointment.
Man-how do you ladies cope with this?! Im having a hard time emotionally and with my age it seems like SO many of my friends are pregnant. Literally i can count 6 of the top of my head that are currently pregnant. I am typically a very positive person (sometimes it actually annoys others-ha) but this-its a doozy!! What do you ladies do to cope with all the emotions?

CMP - I know exactly what you mean about the frustration :nope: I remember thinkign WHAT else are we supposed to do to have a baby...Why did I have to put m body through hell when other have a one night stand and catch :shrug:
And every months it was the same old story - hope and excitement early in the cycle, crazy excitement after a possible OPK, then all hopes crushed when af arrived....About the same time as when another friend announced pregnancy...

I did Clomid May/June and then again July/August. I was going to do it Sep/Oct cycle but then we had to go to Moscow because of my grandma so I decided against it. In the end I didn't ovulate till CD25 that cycle.

Tella - am super happy for you!! Lots of :dust:

CMP- i can relate to ur emotions 100%:hugs:

I have been married for nine years now..so u can imagine...everybody who got married after me all have babies and well settled while me still sitting here waiting for my turn..:baby:

I sometimes hate going to parties because i see everyone with the children and talking about them while i feel so left out :cry:

U know i have also wondered what have i done to deserve this and cried over it but somehow i have managed to pick up the pieces and move on

Ofcourse the worst is when someone announces their BFP and then they pity u and mother's day

I guess some of us have to try harder then others but at the end when we do hold our angels we know how to take care of them :winkwink:

So don't worry we will all get to the BFP stage soon because we were all brave to go thru the surgery right

Be happy and relax ...sorry for the long post guys:blush: this is the only place where v can share our true feelings rite

I keep feeling really sick and getting wierd tummy pains! Nothing like I have had before

Fee - all sounds promising! Watch those pains and if they get too strong get yourself to A&E.

I don't know how are holding off from testing :dohh::haha:

Fee, those do sound very good!!!

Maria, thanks :) im also very happy, just hope we catch that eggy and get another BFP for this thread!!!!

CMPalmer, you say you pee on your stick in the morning? You know it is better to use afternoon pee for OPK's as you normally only surge after you wake up. I normally go the loo normally till about 11am and then hold out till 3/4pm. However the last 2 months + OPK's was late at night so i think im gonna change it to test only at like 7/8pm.

This journey of TTC is on of the most difficult one a woman can take and at the end it will be all worth it but right now it just seems soooooo difficult.
We all feel down and out during our cycles as Maria said the different stages and its different emotions can be trying at the least.

:hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug:

CMP - I have to repeat what the others said!!! Totally the roller coaster of emotions is too much to bear sometimes! I agree with Tella, you should test for ovulation in the afternoon that is what I was told, and also apparently the lines on the test do not really say much - so I wouldnt go with that. In the last cycle I got a +ve OPK on day 24! It may happen late.

Shareena - 9 years is a long wait - God is merciful - YOUR day is coming! Welcome to the thread!

Tella - :yipee: Good luck with the :sex: - This is your cycle - and my new doc said to keep DTD, well past the +ve OPK until you see a thermal shift on the temps! Good luck!

Fee - TEST TEST :test: - Hehe just teasing, those symptoms are so promising, hope this is it!!!! Keep us informed - EVERYTHING is crossed for you! LoL! [-o<

AFM - I got AF as suspected over the weekend, and am on Clomid this month.
Not much going on - so just taking it easy! CANNOT WAIT for next week - HOLIDAY!!!! :)

:hugs: to you Shareena. I can not imagine...But I agree with Arza-God has a plan for you lady! YOur time will come!
Fee-Praying for you! Looks like were all excited for you to keep us posted!! :mail:
Tella-Thank you for the info on the afternoon pee! I will have to try that!
...But I have some good news to report....lastnight I was telling my DH that my breasts were sore and he said "well maybe this means your about to ovulate." So of course I spent the next 30 minutes reading up on if thats a normal symptom for ovulation..and guess what?!
Today marks the very FIRST day I have EVER seen a positive on my Ov kit!!!!!!!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
So of course emotions are elated right now!! I almost feel like I need to not be so hopefull because if AF comes-then huge dissapointment. BUT Im extremely grateful that this means the surgery was successful!
:hugs: to you all!!!

CMP - this is fantastic news :happydance: I totally get how ou feel! To us PCOS girls seeing a positive OPK is just like getting a BFP ! It's simply amazing!

Something that is simple monthly business as usual to any other woman to us is like a miracle! I remember taking pictures of my positive OPKs :dohh::haha:

Get busy lady and tons of :dust:

Hi Girls!!! Whoa - the boards seem to go nuts when I take a few days off. SO glad to see so many newbies on our awesome thread! Welcome Shareena!

Mommymel - my ewcm is here one day and gone the next too. :shrug: It's so frustrating! I'm like Maria though - I tend to see it for a couple days once AF finds her way out the door and then I'm totally dry for a spell, and then it's like anything goes. ](*,)

CMP and Tella - Yay!! Get busy girls! :sex: I'm so nervous that I won't be seeing that dark line again this month. :wacko: By the way CMP - cute pic!

Fee - all I have to say is :test:!

Shareena - sometimes I tell myself that it's harder for us to have our children because we're "stronger" than those that get pregnant right away. Someone needs to understand and help carry others through their pain, and only by the experiences we go through can we understand what it is like. So you can use your pain and experiences to help others around you. You're not being punished, you're just having a different experience. We've been married almost 15 years and have watched our friends get married, have their babies and be done with it. Some of our friends and family now have 4 or 5 kids all in the time since we started trying for our first. It was really hard when all of their babies were babies (they're all getting "older" now), but it does get easier as long as I keep a good attitude. Hopefully you'll have your baby very soon though! :flower:

You mentioned you're taking letrozole this month, right? What dosage are you on? I'm on 7.5mg this cycle.

AFM - I'm on cd9 so not much going on. My acupuncturist wants me to get monitored this cycle to see if I'm responding to the Femara, so I contacted my dr. office to see if that's possible (I'm sure it is... question is, do I want to pay for it). Like I mentioned, I'm so nervous about not ovulating again this month, but I'm trying to stay positive.

I hope everyone is having a good day! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->