anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Tella & CMP - sorry about the bfn's! But, it is still early for the both of you, so I'm still hopeful!

CMP - my dh was reading posts over my shoulder the other night and he told me that everyone was speaking a different language - he couldn't understand the posts at all. I had to laugh!! So you're not alone. haha! You'll get it eventually. :)

Also, everyone has a different lp (luteal phase - the phase after you ovulate), so for you it could be 14 days... or 12... Mine is usually 16 days. Anything more than 18 days means you're pregnant. Anything under 10 days might mean trouble. You should definitely be able to get a bfp by 14dpo...sometimes (many times, but not always) earlier. So waiting until 13dpo is smart. Good luck!!

Maria - yes, my dr. wanted me to "humor her" and take the upped dosage of the femara next cycle. Femara is a pill that you take on cd 3-7 just like clomid. I really think that gonal-f injections is what it's going to take for me to ovulate, but dh doesn't want to go that route anymore, so I'll just go forward with the femara next cycle and then go back to clomid if needed. :dohh: I'll probably start getting scans on cd12 next cycle.

mommymel - have you noticed any other benefits from the inofolic? I've been reading A TON of information on inositol the last few days and I'm so surprised at how many women notice immediate results! Within 24 hours of starting the inositol my cf went from completely dry to major globs of cf goodness. ;) I'm hoping that the one follicle that the tech found will get busy growing!

My temp was way low this morning too, which means an up in estrogen, so I'm already singing the praises of the inositol. As I mentioned, I'm going to give it a week to see if that follicle will do anything and then I'm going to start the NPC. I WISH I had asked the u/s tech to measure the follicle she found! It looked quite large to me (I can't imagine it was less than 8 or 10mm... or is it cm?). How quickly can follies grow? Like a mm (cm?) a day, or more than that? She didn't measure it because my left ovary was playing hide and seek and it was really hard for her to get up there and see the ovary at all. The large follicle peeked out for just a second, so I think that's why she didn't measure it. Ugh. The things you wish you had said/done after you leave the dr. office, right?!

CMP > :hi: cycle buddy :hugs: sorry about the bfn as well, yes i think we were just a bit to early on the testing front. My LP (as Cridge explained :D) is between 14/15 days, so i will have to wait till Thursday to see if AF doesnt show, but i have a good feeling about testing on 12DPO so i wil test tomorrow again and if - then i will skip a day again.

Shame pour DH, mine is very pessimistic so he wont get excited till there is proof.

Cridge > Is there a specific reason why DH doesnt want to do Gonal-F injections? Wont you be able to convince him to give it another shot?

Mommymel > FX'd you caught that eggy!!!! Inofolic sounds like it is worth every cent, gonna give it ago definitely if i have too, hope not though!!!!

AFM > 11DPO, not testing today :) but will test tomorrow. SS - I have continuous AF like cramps, hope its not the start if her coming :cry: but i must say i have had them my whole LP through.

ladies, ladies, ladies........ i did something yesterday, i know its too early but ........ i tested last night .... :dohh:

i dunno if my eyes are playing with me.... i saw a very very faint line..... very faint..... maybe i am seeing things, perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me or maybe i want to see a second line so bad.... :shrug: .... i am going to test on Wednesday again,,,, i just did it for kicks,,,, i found a test which i bought during my last cycle and thought.... what do i have to loose, just use it........ :shrug:

am i just being ridiculous and over optimistic ...:dohh:

OMW, please please please be a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be so excited it if is a true line! Can you see the line if you take a photo? Maybe i can play with the contrass and see if we can see a clearer line?

https://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/11195/praying-angel.GIF

hi Tella,

i am going to send pic now.... i pray this is the cycle, if not then i will resort to SI next cycle,,,,

i didnt tell my hubby yet,,,, he just gets so emotional, just incase its BFN again.

To attach a picture you must go to Advance Reply and then scroll down there is a button called Manage Attachements, click on that and it will allow you to attach a picture :)

OMG MommyMel!!! But aren't you only 4-5 DPO?! I hope I'm wrong and you are further along. I can't wait to see the picture. Pleeease attach it! What brand test is it?

Mommymel!!! I SO hope this is it!! I'm dieing to see that pic!! :headspin:

Tella - DH doesn't want to do injections again because he doesn't think he can handle it emotionally. He'd do it if I really, really wanted to, but I don't know if I can handle it either. We've just started to move beyond it all. If I didn't have to switch doctors to do it, I think I would give it a go without his knowledge, but that would be hard because I think it would probably cost about $3000 for one cycle... can't hide that from him very well. :haha:

Good luck testing!!

Cridge > Ouch that is very expensive, but i suppose only time will tell if you will be willing to go through it again or not. Fx'd you dont have to and that you will O on either Femara or Clomid!

Afm> Thanks, on a negative note though, i tested this morning on 12DPO and it is negative :cry: i was really feeling good about today :nope:

But the weird thing is look at the test results in the photo and then look at how they say you must interpret the results, on not pregnant it is like my results but on the pregnant one the Control line and Test line is turned around? Weird hey? Im now gonna just wait and see if the witch arrives on Thursday :cry:

If she does im only gonna take my vitamins this month and give everthing else a skip, bd when we want to and enjoy Chritmas and New Years (get drunk) and start again in the new year and just pray that Gail was right about a Jan conception!

Sorry for the downer girls :hugs:

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=295453&d=1321171671

I have been reading this thread for a couple of days now. I am so excited that MariaF and pity have both gotten bfp's after their OD. I have been diagnosed with PCOS for about two years now. My husband and I have been trying to conformed for three years, and are going to have ovarian drilling this Friday. I have already had and HSG, and one cycle of clomid that did not work. I have Bren unable to get a period on t own without medication for the last year, so I am PRAYING that the ovarian drilling helps me get pregnant. I want my own baby so badly, and it's hurts so much to have been waiting this long with no results.

Hi Ladies,

Firstly i would like to say congratulations to those who have got their BFP's i hope you have happy and healthy pregnancies and babies :thumbup:

I wish that everyone who is still waiting lots of luck and babydust i hope you get your BFP's real soon! :hugs:

I have PCOS, been TTC for 2Years 10Months now had 3 failed Clomid cycles from 50mg to 150mg :cry: i had OD on the 4th october and bled for about 8 or 9 days after had some trouble with my stitches and one of my scars has only just healed still a bit sore to wear jeans...

Anyway i was wondering what symptoms you Ladies with BFP's had? i still haven't got AF and been having alot of backpain and cramps also had a couple of days where i felt really sick etc (i probably should read through all of the pages but my eyes are quite bad right now lol)

x x x x :dust:

Tella - :hug: I'm so sorry about the bfn!! What a bummer. I like your plan though. I was actually thinking the same thing - that I might take next cycle off from the meds and just get back to it in January. Hopefully the :witch: won't find you on Thursday though!

Welcome Angeluh05 and BabyBrain10! :hi: Angel - good luck with the OD this Friday!! Hopefully it will go really well for you and you'll have a quick recovery and a bfp very soon! Babybrain - you too! Have you taken a test yet? Do either of you temp chart? I would suggest it as it will tell you a lot about what's going on with your cycle.

Mommymel - have you tested again?!

CMP - how about you?! Anxiously awaiting!

So ladies... I'm kicking myself that I didn't do my research when mommymel first started taking the inofolic cause I've spent many hours over the last week checking out myo-inositol (and/or d-chiro inositol) and I think we should ALL be taking this stuff!! The studies are amazing! There's no harm that can be done by taking it, but the studies have shown that women with PCOS need this stuff and it's doing amazing things for them. I'm on day 5 of taking myo-inositol (inofolic isn't available in the US and DCI is way expensive and has to be ordered), and I could tell within 24 hours that it was having an effect on my hormones. Check out the studies... something like 70-80% of women ovulate on their own when taking this stuff compared to less than 20% on placebo.

mommymel - I'd love to hear more about your experience since you started taking it. I know you were feeling some crazy hormonal things going on and you had tons of ewcm - anything else we can make note of? :)

Hi Cridge, I took a test about 2 weeks ago was negative and an internet cheapie. I would like to chart but wouldnt have a clue where to start with it lol but i know it can help alot also is there any point as i dont even know if the op has worked and got me OV'ing. I was planning on buying some OPK's when i get AF but do they really work properly?

x x x x

I wouldn't know how to chart either. I gave up on TTC until after my OD. I just really really hope that I can get a BFP. I have been waiting so long. I am also waiting for mommy Mel to post her results lol. Good luck to every body and baby dust to all o you ladies!!!!

i dont know if my eyes are playing tricks with me..... i know its still ealry days,,, but i tested just for fun...
please advise me what is going on here,,,,, ARGH

Attachments

• IMG-20111112-00032.jpg
    IMG-20111112-00032.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 19
I have been getting some cramps and my boobs are still killing me..... is AF on its way or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,, someone please chase the :witch: away...... far away....

Hi ladies!! Just got back from LA and was happy to see everyone has been active (post wise) this weekend! I look forward to this forum so much.
First-Welcome to the two new ladies!! :flower: Angel-try to relax about Friday. For me, it was rough only the day of the surgery...pretty easy after that. I had af 14 days after surgery and then got a +OPK for the first time last week! So I pray you have the same great results!
Babybrain-Yes OPK work properly. From what I gather Clear Blue is the best one. My doc told me not to do the whole temp chart but I think so of the ladies on here do it and like it and rely on it...so its really up to you. Hope OD does great things for you!
Cridge-you are SO educated on everything lady! Your a great friend to have! Thanks for the info on that myo stuff...Im going to research it in the morning. I am praying so hard for you lady. My heart actually really breaks over your story. Your so active here...and so positive even though you really have had a rough go around. I really admire you and Im sure this speaks volumes about your character. Thanks for bringing so much sunshine to this thread. :hugs:
Tella-Im so sorry lady about your bfn. Its a rollercoaster, thats for sure. I think waiting till Jan is a great idea...they say when you get your mind off of it is when it usually happens. And having some hard apple cider wont hurt either. :thumbup:
Mommymel-Yeah Id feel the same way if my test looked like that as well! Poor thing-the waiting game!! Do you have another test?! :winkwink:
afm (I think thats what you girls type before you start talking about your own sitch....what does it mean? :))-So we just got back from LA and did a good deal of :sex: which was nice because I know Im not OV but its kinda nice just not to worry about it ya know? MY test on Friday pretty much took most of my hope away so I enjoyed a few drinks this weekend. I might test in the morning just to be sure but I figured Id rather expect nothing then something. My boobs are massive and I feel bloated so Im pretty sure those are signs of the :witch: rather than a :baby:. But thats the odd thing about PCOS and being on BC- I dont really know what PMS symtoms really feel like fully. Guess time will tell. Just like Mommymel said-lets chase that :witch: away!!
:hug:

Mommymel, i keep on seeing that line, but i will suggest is getting another type of test like a "Clicks"brand and see what it gives you tomorrow morning. Fx'd for you girl, you will see how many girls on here take Inofolic if you get your bfp the first month on it :lol:

lolalei > Im out, im convinced of it my temps took a huge dip and the :witch: is due on Wednesday, so most probably another dip tomorrow and she will be here on Wednesday morning.

Buzzy > Hope DH is feeling better!

MrsMM > Almost time to start SMEP :happydance: and catch that eggy!

Bean > :dust: Good luck!!!

AFM > After the BFN yesterday, wanted to take a break from the meds and just enjoy the festive season coming up. But the more it becomes a reality, im scared to do that and then I have a crazy long cycle and end up having AF at beach holiday :)sick:) Also if I stay on Soy Iso I might have another 37 day cycle but on Clomid I have a 28/29day cycle, which one do you girls think I should take? I will still be able to do 1 complete cycle before the new year with either one of the two.
I cant wait to get back in Jan as I can go back to my FS for the next step which will either be injectables or IUI.

Update: I just made an appointment with my FS for the 12th of January 2012 3:15pm :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->