anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hey Shereena,

I am so sorry it was a BFN. :cry: I know exactly how you feel. When we did our IUI, I thought for sure that I would get my BFP - I could just feel it. Unfortunately, it wasn't and at that point we had to stop going to my FS because we couldn't afford it anymore. It was only 2 cycles after that I got my BFP- naturally with no medicine. Your turn will come and I pray that it will be soon. Try not to be so hard on yourself. :hugs: We have also been married for 9 years - but TTC for 2 years. You sound exactly like me when we had our IUI, I was devistated with my results. I am truly sorry and I hope your luck turns around soon! Hopefully this next cycle will be different!

Hi ladies! I haven't posted on here in a while although I read the posts everyday. I was going through a bad spell I guess. I got a positive OPK 12 days after my operation. Yesterday was exactly 28 days since my surgeryand I still haven't had my period :( I feel like it should be coming but idk. I went to my post op and told my doctor I keep have VERY faint bfp's on EPT tests. I had them on three of them. A really skinny line but it popped up immediately. I took a blood test yesterday that said my hcg levels are less then 2 :( if I don't get my period by next week I am going to take another blood test Wednesday, and if it is still negative I am going to restart provera and clomid.

I feel kinda bummed because I am in the airforce and go to a military doctor. She is an obgyn but not a FS. the military insurance doesn't cover fertility doctor's and the only thing my doctor can do is prescribe clomid and provera. I may request to see if my insurance covers it bc I really want them to track my ovulation with ultrasounds so we will see I guess.

Congratulations on all the new bfp's :)

H-U-G-E Congrats CMP!!!! I'm so happy to get back on here for 5mins and find more BFP's!!!!! :happydance: :wohoo:

Im so sorry Shareena :hugs: Hang in there. And we are all here for support. I think every one on here knows what it's like to start a cycle all optimistic, build up your hopes, almost convince yourself that this is IT only to be brought back to earth with a bang :nope: I have certainly done it more than once...

Tella - any news your side?

Cridge - I still have EVERYTHING crossed for you girl!

CMP - I can't wait to hear about your DH's reaction to the news :thumbup:

big congrats CMP.... amazing !!!! :happydance: :happydance:
how did dh react.....

i am so so happy for you.... i wish you a H&H 9 months..... take good care of yourself... :hugs:

:hugs:

temp is at 36.8...... i am charting, hopefully i will start to see a pattern in the next few months..... but i am still gonna use OPK also.

have a super weekend ladies !!!

mwa
:hugs:

Sheerena > so sorry to hear about the bfn!!! Fingers crossed for next month.

AFM > I had spotting on Thursday night, which I never have! I then tought AF was gonna arrive later or next day but she didn't! So I have bought a sensitive HPT but I don't wanna use it because we at the coast and my track record so far is, if I test and get a BFN the :witch: pitches the next day. So I will not test till tomorrow or Monday depending on my willpower. No symtoms so not sure if its anything at all.

Any advise?

Shareena :hugs: The next few days will be tough, I'm sure, but then you'll have an exciting new cycle to look forward to.

As far as the sac they found - I had a neg beta with that, so I'm hoping it just went away on it's own. DH and I call it my gremlin. :haha: Anyway - it was just some weird flukey fluid sac.

Angeluh - I think the first couple of months after OD are the hardest because you think something is going to happen right away. HOPEFULLY something Will happen for you, but if it doesn't happen right away, OD has proven to bring all of us results in one way or another and it's just a matter of time before you see that bfp. :hugs:

Mommymel - I'm so happy you're charting! It will tell you so much - you'll be so glad you took the time and effort to do it. :)

Tella - Eeek! I have my fx'd for you!! If that was implantation spotting, I wouldn't test for at least 4-5 days just to make sure. Of course, I say that, but I can't seem to hold off on testing this cycle, so why don't you just join me in the craziness! :haha: I say :test:

CMP - I can't wait to hear DH's reaction!!

Thanks Maria! I'm so glad you haven't abandoned us yet! :hug:

afm - I told myself yesterday that I wasn't going to test until Monday, but then last night I worked up a plan. I/C on 11 and 13dpo and FRERs on 12 and 14dpo. And then I'll be done with my testing this cycle. SO, this morning tested with an I/C and bfn. I'm trying not to let it get to me but I feel like at 11dpo I should at least have a very, very light line if I were really pregnant. I keep telling myself it's an i/c though.

My cf has increased a LOT the last 24 hours, which I'm really happy to see. I have a feeling this is one of those cycles where I've convinced myself I'm pregnant only to be let down in a few days. Oh well - I'm going to enjoy the ride of neg pregnancy tests and then be done with it. Next cycle I commit to be back to my regular old untesting self. :)

Hello ladies,

Thank you all for you kind words and support. It really makes a difference.

The reason I was so upset was that I had OD and then went straight to IUI so I believed it would work for sure. Some of the girls are getting pg without any help after OD at all and to have the extra help and still get BFN was so depressing. I don't want to offend anyone because we have all worked so hard for it.

Well, I am just waiting for the AF to show up soon.

Tella and Cridge, I am waiting to hear your good news soon :). Good luck ladies!!

:hug: Shareena! We have to keep in mind the stats for getting pregnant when everything is "perfect" - still only 20-25% chance each month. Fx'd for better luck for you next month!

Tella - I would just wake up and take your temp in the morning. If its over 37 and you had that spotting chances are it may be good news :happydance:

Cridge - you know they always say that you aren't out till the witch shows her ugly face. So of course we are all hoping for good news for you. So many ladies get BFNs till 12-13DPO and then BHAM! a BFP on 14DPO. Hang in there!

MommyMel - what DPO do you think you are, roughly? Only about 7, right? 36.8 seems a bit low...but on the other hand some charts show massive dips around implantation! :thumbup:

Shareena - are you also doing IUI next cycle? Also, just to give you some hope I think that out of all the girls who had OD on this thread (and that's over 20 I believe!) only Pitty got her BFP 6 weeks after the op. I think on average it took us about 6 -8 months to get pg and I for example took 3 more months of Clomid after the op, none of which helped though. So although I know its very hard but please don't be too tough on yourself! May be your body still needs to re-gain strength before getting pg! :hugs:

Ah Maria - you give me hope. :hugs: I tested neg again this morning (12dpo) using a FRER and have pretty much counted myself out this cycle. I'll test one more time either tomorrow or Tuesday morning and then refill my rx for femara. If I stick to schedule, I'll be starting femara again on Christmas day. Merry Christmas to me. :haha: Dh said "so it's going to be a red Christmas, eh?". haha! I know I'm not out until the :witch: finds me, but with all the bfn's, I have to shove it in my brain at this point that I'm out or it's going to kill me when she makes her visit.

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for the advises ladies, I am feeling better today sorry about the rambling in my last posts! Thank you for listening and understanding.

Well, Maria this cycle will be on my own because my FS is closed for the holidays but next cycle back to IUI. It was my fault putting all my hope into this cycle but life will go on and you are right it might just take more time. I won't make this mistake again!!

Cridge, my fingers crossed for you girl.

Tella, good luck.

Thank you sunflower for the understanding :)

AFM: I am still waiting for AF. I went to Montreal last night and came back had a nice glass of wine and am feeling better and getting ready for parties:)

i am currently 8DPO, i have been having some twinges and mild cramping in tummy area and boobs have little pains in them :winkwink:,,,, but thats about all......
if :witch: shows up then i wont be surprised,,, i am having a relaxed cycle.... (after 3 glasses of wine per night so far, lol ) :dohh:

at home we are fully in the festive mood,,,, friends and family popping in every evening, going out the them occasionaly,,,,, aint the best thing to do when ttc,,,, :shrug:

then yesterday when i did my final christmas shopping, it seemed that every second lady was pregnant,,, where did they all suddenly come from ??
:nope: :nope: :nope:
but i will carry on forward because i know that my turn will come soon ! :kiss:

Cridge - I'm really sorry its another BFN :hugs: But as you say the positive was that you ovulated, the lining was great as was the cm!

MommyMel - fingers crossed! I had all sorts of weird sensations in my tummy since 6DPO until about 8DPO. Like pulling, tugging, pinching...then at the end of 7DPO it turned into really strong af cramps. And I got my BFP at 9DPO. I always thought you can't feel implantation but I certainly did! Good luck :thumbup:

Tella - any news?

Shareena - I'm pretty sure there was a story on here around March time when a girl had OD, then had to on BC for 3 months and then start IUI. Except just before the IUI cycle she discovered that either the clinic was closed for a few days or her FS was going away so she was really depressed about waiting another month. Needless to say she got a natural BFP that month!!!

:wave:
Hello Ladies,

Shareena - I am so sorry about your failed IUI, I can kinda understand how you feel. I am really sorry...I pray you get your BFP in your next cycle.

CMP - How did DH take the wonderful news?

Cridge - Dang little Gremlin ei, Aww wish it was a sticky bean for you, however you never know, it aint over till the fat lady sings as they say. FX'd for you, if not, as u say next cycle to look forward to.

Tella - Any news, FX'd for ya hun! :thumbup: Best of luck! Let us know your good news soon and my advise - TEST! :test:

Mommymel - Good luck to you as well, why cant we all friends on this forum just all fall pregnant at the same time, then we can all start a mum to be forum and all share experiences there instead right!!!!

MariaF - How you doing hun? ANy scans? Share a pic of your little plum with us as well.

How is everyone else doing - Didnt mean to forget anyone, If I have please forgive me.

AFM - As you know I have been on Clomid, for last cycle and this one, got a positve OPK day 14 of my cycle, so was expecting to test after day 28, which was just after xmas, however I have also been temping, and my temps have dropped this morning quite a lot, I am just on day 22, Its below my coverline, so I think :witch: will be here tomorrow! How am I feeling - GUTTED!!!!!! I feel like someone has punched me again and no air in my lungs left!! :cry: :shrug: I have done everythinhg I could this cycle again, and as I said I just cannot take it easy! I just don't know what to do.

Sorry ladies, just don't know what to do with myself. I think my hubby and I are not compatible, and I don't think I will become pregnant. So I am giving up fully!!! I just can't go through this every cycle over and over again, I know other people on here may have tried longer than I have but I am just not strong enough!

I wish you all very well, and all your desires of having a baby be fulfilled dear ladies, I give up, we won't try anymore, I have told my DH and he has stormed out of the house, but I just cannot do this anymore! I will check on to see you all get through this, I have spent way too much money, time and strength on this thing and have been left dejected all the time! The doctors will not help, so I have no hope left, nor the money!

Don't mean to put a downer on you guys, I will be fine!!

Take Care - Happy holidays - If I do not come back before the new year on here, then I wish you ALL a blessed New year 2012. Bring on the olympics! :)

Oh Arza, sweatheart, I honestly hope your break is only temporary :hugs:

You have now been having regular cycle since June, right? Which means that even if everything else is absolutely fine with both you and DH it can still take 6-7 more months to catch!!! I know it sounds like an impossibly long wait...but you have to keep going! There's no choice....All of threw in our towel, I certainly did and more than once. And then after a few weeks you pick yourself up again and start fighting again. There's no other way.

I hope you and DH will make up soon!

I never feel comfortable talking about pregnancy and baby here....I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But we did have our 12 week scan last week. They out us forward by 3 or 4 days :thumbup: We saw our little plum push itself up with its legs and swim up and then down again. Also raise its arms and move its head. It was being a proper wriggler :cloud9:

Tella - where are you????

Arza > :hugs: :hug: I'm so sorry you feeling so down. I know how you feel, its very hard to continue month after month and still stay possitive. If you want to stop ttc now, then you should but don't go on any preventative meds, just enjoy life and let it happen as it planned for you. Just a side note on the temps, it is very possible to have a fall back rise mid TWW, so AF might not be here after all.

Cridge > any tests again? I'm glad I didn't test at the end of the day as it would have upset me.

Maria > I for one love hearing about your LO as it gives me hope!

MommyMel > I've been the same, this long weekend was just one hell of a party in Ballito, so we are stuffed after to 600km drive back in the early hours of the morning. Fx'd it is not AF signs but preg signs! :hugs:

Shereena > enjoy ur natural cycle and the festive season and get back into it in the new year :hugs:

How's all our other OD graduates doing? And the other ladies?

AFM > I was a little bummed out this morning as the :witch: showed up today so I'm onto a Jan BFP as predicted by Gail. Fx'd she is right!

I'm in two minds on wheter or not to take Soy, as it kept my cycle to 33 days so that means a O of around CD19 instead of 25 like I had with my unmedicated cycle.

I need to check how it will work out with my FS appointment in Jan as well. Maybe unmedicated with a late O will be better, and we can do a scan.

Arza - :hug: I'm so, so sorry!! I'm like you in many ways - I can't go about ttc half way. I'm either in it all the way or I'm not. Sometimes you need to take a break and then you can pick yourself back up. I've taken short breaks before and I've taken breaks that last a couple years or more. When I feel like I can handle it again, I go for it all the way. It's very hard to turn my brain off half way. Chat with DH and let him know that you just need a break - take as long as you need, and then get back on the wagon. I feel very strongly that when you want something as amazing as a child, you WILL find a way to get it eventually. I have friends that ttc for 12 years and finally adopted 2 babies in a year and a half and now she pities me because she feels her family is full. Translation - she's so happy and can't imagine it any other way. It may not happen in our time frame or in our way, but I feel strongly that if you want a baby, you'll have one. :hugs: Can you link your chart so I can take a look?

Tella - that darn :witch:! I'll be joining you soon, I'm sure of it. :)

Mommymel - still temping? Party on girl! ;) It's nice to have the holidays to give us some cheer with all this going on, right?

Maria - I for one wouldn't mind you talking about little bean on this thread, but I've noticed how you're careful not to and I think that's very admirable. I just stalk your journal instead. ;) Hopefully I can be like you one day. :haha:

Shareena - any sign of the :witch:?

I'm dieing to know how CMP's dh took the news - what a cute way to break it.

afm - another neg I/C this morning (13dpo). I also had a bit of a temp drop and my nipples are starting to get sore. So I think that's a definite out for me. Although this temp drop has me worried because I'm not supposed to get a drop for AT LEAST 2 more days. I'll be really bummed if I have a short LP with this "perfect" cycle.

Maria - yes, I'm so thrilled that I at least responded to the meds and ovulated this cycle, and that's giving me lots of hope, but I'm also very freaked out that I won't have another cycle with that great of a response. I already have an u/s scheduled for what would be CD12 if af finds me on Friday, but I'm worried about if she finds me any earlier because with the holidays, I'm worried about fitting the scan in on time.

I'm trying really hard not to get down. I've dealt with so many disappointing cycles over the years that I've gotten pretty good at blowing them off, but I know that once af actually finds me, I'm going to be gutted. Just trying to keep a good attitude.

Have a great day girls!

Arza :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry you are feeling like this today. Please don't give up my dear. If you need a break then take this month and enjoy the season then start a fresh new year. I know exactly how you feel because I felt exactly like you last Friday. I don't understand why the doctors won't help you. Have you seen a FS ?? Have you already tried Femara because i have heard it works better than clomid because it doesn't thin uterine lining. If you can give it a try for a few more months. We can do it, don't quit now because success may be just around the corner. I know you just need a little time to figure out things but don't make decisions when you are feeling like this.

Maria, I am so happy to hear about your baby. Wasn't it worth all the waiting and pain. I am sure you forgot all that you went thru for this baby when you saw how lo was doing:flower: You have already passed first trimester just two more to go.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Tella, we will start again next year right. Enjoy this season!!

Cridge, atleast we are one step closer to BFP. You had a perfect cycle right.

Wish you all a Happy Monday ladies:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->