Anyone in 1st / Second Tri in West Yorks?

Thank you for your replies ladies, think I was just worrying about nothing and it was probably stretching or Id done too much cleaning over the weekend (MIL says Im nesting?!?) so after work yesterday I had a relaxing evening in front of the box and a nice early night and hey presto no uncomfortable feeling today, yippee!! However the sickness is bad today just when I thought it was easing, I couldnt even keep water down this morning!!

Also found babys heartbeat on my doppler last night for the first time!! It was so nice to hear I havent stopped smiling yet!! I just have to try and restrain myself or Ill be at it every hour, haha!!

Thank you for your replies ladies, think I was just worrying about nothing and it was probably stretching or Id done too much cleaning over the weekend (MIL says Im nesting?!?) so after work yesterday I had a relaxing evening in front of the box and a nice early night and hey presto no uncomfortable feeling today, yippee!! However the sickness is bad today just when I thought it was easing, I couldnt even keep water down this morning!!

Also found babys heartbeat on my doppler last night for the first time!! It was so nice to hear I havent stopped smiling yet!! I just have to try and restrain myself or Ill be at it every hour, haha!!

Aw that's great, I was going to get a Doppler but I would literally sit with it all day!! Wish I was nesting my house is a mess!

Got my downs screening results back today 1 in 100,000 :)

Got my consultant appointment to discuss section on Friday at 10.30am! Nervous about what they will say!

Got my consultant appointment to discuss section on Friday at 10.30am! Nervous about what they will say!

Let us know what they say x

Finally got my booking in appointment on Monday, feel like ive waited forever to actually see a midwife!

Hello all, hope everyone is well.

UKCath - congratulations on finding out it's a girl!

I had an awful consultant appointment yesterday - he was so patronising and horrible I actually burst into tears as soon as I got out and into the toilets. He wasn't particularly nasty, I just felt about 4 inches tall after the five minutes he spent with me. Luckily my best friend is the Outpatients Supervisor at PGI so I went into her office - she told me she'd almost warned me about him but wasn't sure if he'd be as horrible with patients as he was with staff!

Anyway, luckily he said he anticipates a 'boring' pregnancy and delivery for me so I don't have to see him again.

I was so down afterwards that I finally made the decision on the private scan and booked with Meet Your Baby for after work on Friday - a gender scan for £50! I'm so excited, but hoping it will go well as I'm very plus size and will be 16+1... :happydance:

Bells - I had some very strange uncomfortable feelings over the past couple of weeks, and over the last three days my tummy has really started to stick out - particularly the 'top half' if you know what I mean! I overdid it in the garden at about 14 weeks and felt a bit like I'd pulled muscles down there but not badly!

Sorry the Consultant was so horrid but yay for the scan!! I had my gender scan there at 16+1 and I am a size 18 and there wasn't any issues at all so even if you're a little bigger I wouldn't worry!! Can't wait too find out xxx

Oh no that sounds awful, I hate it when people in a job like that don't have time for people. The first thing you should have to be a nurse, dr, consultant etc is people skills, hope you don't have to see him again!!!

Yeyyyy for the scan, how exciting, make sure you let us know ASAP!! :)

Booth hope your consultant appointment tomorrow goes well. Fran sorry yours went so badly but good luck for you scan tomorrow .. Hope you get a good look at baby.

Bells if i had one those monitors i would definitely get obsessed!

Took holly to see the muppets at showcase today (i have Thursdays off every week.. Strange choice of day but had to work round nursery) had the whole screen to ourselves! She liked the toy story short that was on first but slept through the muppets.. I liked it though.

Booth hope your consultant appointment tomorrow goes well. Fran sorry yours went so badly but good luck for you scan tomorrow .. Hope you get a good look at baby.

Bells if i had one those monitors i would definitely get obsessed!

Took holly to see the muppets at showcase today (i have Thursdays off every week.. Strange choice of day but had to work round nursery) had the whole screen to ourselves! She liked the toy story short that was on first but slept through the muppets.. I liked it though.

Dh took ds1 to see muppets he loved it (that being dh!!!!)

Boothh and fran good luck for tomorrow both of you x

Wanting no.2 - Congrats on your downs result!!

Frantastic20 - Sorry you had such an awful consultants appointment, I'm expecting one just as awful on the 10th April mainly due to me being overweight. My gender scan with meet your baby is on the 31st March and I can't wait, I dying to know what I'm having, let us know how you get on.

UkCath - I'm getting a bit obsessed with it but DH doesn't want me using it too much as he is worried that if one day I can't find it I'll get myself all worked up so he doesn't know I have heard it yet, it's like I'm having an affair because when he goes to the gym I get out the doppler, haha!! He's there now so I just had my fix but baby was moving around a lot so I only managed to find it for for a couple of seconds in two different places, the little tinker!!

I have my second appointment with my community midwife on tuesday but I don't have much confidence in her after she managed to mess up my booking in which meant my 12 week scan was late and I almost couldn't get in for my 20 week scan.

Hows everyone else doing?

Hello everyone :flower:

I'm new to this forum and been pointed to this thread. I've been lookin at posts on here for a whisle now and thought I would hold off until I have my first scan but I couldn't wait any longer!

I'm 12+1 weeks and will be havin my first scan on Tuesday 20 march, can't wait but nervous too but I am sure everything will be fine!

I live in Leeds and this is my first baby :happydance:

Hi Numero_uno :hi: good luck for your scan :)

My consultant appointment -
I was really surprised how nice she was, spent a good while going through the risks and everything with me, and we decided that an elective c section will be best, and she booked me in for Friday 11th may :happydance: 8 weeks today!
She also felt baby and said he is breech which if he doesn't turn is another reason to section, it explains why I can't breathe though lol!

Im nervous now that we are on countdown!

Bells, im ok think ms has finally done one, still feel abit funny if I don't eat regularly but not really sick, how's yours doing?

Numero uno, hello welcome, not long till scan then, bet your super excited arnt you, I was abit nervous too but it was the best day ever I was on top of the world.

Boothh, I have been waiting for you!!!!! OMG it's booked eeeeeeee not long at all. Glad you got a nice consultant. So they book you in a week early? Oh I bet it's such a weird feeling to know exactly when its happening. What happens if you go into labour before then?

Yes I'll be 39 weeks, I think it's to try and make sure you don't go into labour before it, my LO was born at exactly 40 weeks so there isn't reason to book much earlier! She said if I do go into labour, I can either choose to have an emergency section or try to do it on my own, she said if I got there and was 9/10cm they would suggest me to deliver myself! :) I'm happy with that, it just seems really soon even though its only a week in front of due date haha x

It is really soon it'll fly by!!! Oooooh no that scares me even tho mine were born at 39+4 and 40 weeks I am actually terrified of giving birth again:
1). I know it would be a really quick one, I'm not even confident I'd make it to the hosp.
2). I know I can't deliver without tearing.

I'd be a nevous wreck by 38wk!!!

Might not even get the choice tho eh!

Ooo I'm so excited for you, your almost there! Well jel!

I feel abit sad about it because I actually didn't mind labor I never found it that painful apart from when he actually came out which given that he pretty much ripped me apart it's no wonder it hurt lol! I don't think the recovery will be too hard considering how hard it was last time either, I know it will be a different kind of pain but from a mobility point of fire I don't think it will be much different as I couldn't do anything for weeks afterwards anyway! And I least I wont have the exhaustion from labor on top of the operation recovery this time! x

I was other way round, contractions were horrendous I didn't really feel pain with the pushing!

I don't see how recovery could be any worse than what you've already been through. How long do you have to stay in for?

I don't know I have a pre op in 5 weeks so will know then I'm hoping no more than 2-3 nights, I checked out early last time because I was treated so badly on the postnatal ward at my old hospital, I know really I shouldn't have gone home because I was quite unwell but I hated being there and they were so patronising!

Hi numero uno. Where abouts in Leeds are you? Good luck for your scan Tuesday.

Talking about post natal wards i found it pretty grim too. Harogate is supposed to be nicer and from were i live it's a choice but im sticking with the lgi because they have more back up on site if things go wrong.

Just wondering if holly has got me anything for tomorrow

Hi numero uno. Where abouts in Leeds are you? Good luck for your scan Tuesday.

Talking about post natal wards i found it pretty grim too. Harogate is supposed to be nicer and from were i live it's a choice but im sticking with the lgi because they have more back up on site if things go wrong.

Just wondering if holly has got me anything for tomorrow

I live between Leeds and Wakefield, but closer to Leeds. Thanks, looking forward to my scan now.

The midwife has put me down for st james' i am not from leeds originally and never needed a hospital so just told her to put me down for whichever as i thought they should all be ok standard, hope ive made the right decision!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->