• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone Pregnant at 38 with their first?

I'm 38 and we are just under 11 weeks along into our first pregnancy. (We had a chemical pregnancy in Nov 2014.)

We had our first appointment this week and found out it was twins! Fraternal. (They do run in my mom's family, but was still quite a surprise.)

Now everything we were reading is totally different. Shocking at first, but we wanted to have 2 so now I guess we can be one and done and won't have to try for a pregnancy at age 40. :)

Hi bicyclegoddes, congrats on the twins!! yeah at least you're good, you have two kids with one pregnancy ;)

Are you having a NT scan and down syndrome test soon? You're probably going to see your little ones very soon now!

Welcome & congratulations bicyclegoddes! How exciting to be having twins, I sort of hoped for twins as we are only planning on ever having this one!
Did you already have a scan to find out about your twins?

Hi to everyone else hope you are all ok. Afm my feet have been aching since last week and Dr google thinks its something called plantar fasciitis, from ligaments becoming relaxed from preg hormones. got some insoles with arch support which sorted out the heel pain, but they're making some of my shoes/boots too small 😒

WOW, bicyclegoddes that is amazing congrats to you and welcome to our little group!

Congrats, bicyclegoddes, and welcome!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm over the moon relieved today. I received my Verify results and we are having a chromosomially normal baby girl! :happydance: :pink: :wohoo:

Congratulations stenokat! Looks like our little group is quite even for girls and boys for now!

are you still team yellow jessiecat?

We should get a list with our due dates and gender on as we are gaining some lovely new pregnant ladies as the weeks go by.

What has everyone bought so far for their LO?

congrats steno!!! yay for a girl!
Well heidipie, I didn't buy anything yet! did you?
I'm still waiting to move back to the us, visa process and all... so,we'll probably get it all done there, unless it takes too long and we'll stay in France til baby arrives...
I'm feeling lots of little kicking now! and even felt it from outside a couple of times.

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? things can get a bit boring in between appointments can't they?

oh wow lola, a move overseas while preggo! my oh doesn't even want to risk a little holiday at Easter which was only 2 hours from home, lol. How long have you been in France for?

Have started buying baby clothes, just packs of onesies and sleepsuits really. Some newborn stuff here only fits up to 7.5lb-8lb baby so I hope our LO isn't massive otherwise may not fit in the newborn size at all! Oh also got one of those waste bins which wraps the nappies up which was half price in the sales, although refills may prove more expensive.

Just wanted to share my first bump pic ever :happydance:

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 11
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
Well nice to see you all here in the club :)

Nice picture Jenny Bean!

We had two ultrasounds already to confirm they were Dichorionic-Diamniotic which is the lowest risk.

We have done the down's bloodwork and have the nucal scan on March 3. We will be happy to have that done and then will have to decide about cvs and amino.

Truthfully I never thought I would get pregnant BC I had such irregular periods until I was 34.

We do feel pretty lucky. I was a gypsy and moved all over the the world and met my partner at 35. I guess sometimes it works out. :)

It was really scary and we were in shock the first week but are excited now.

Only one week to the second trimester. :)

Don't know why I haven't posted in this thread yet, it applies to me!

I'll be 38 in just over a month and I'm currently 6.5 months pregnant. Team YELLOW - though it's hard to keep it yellow. I have ultrasounds every two weeks and they ask each time. So tempting to say 'yes' one day.

I just had my GD test today...due to the appointment time/location, I fasted for 14 hours, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was definitely getting woozy in the hour before the test. The orange drink wasn't too bad but then again, I eat a fair amount of sugar in general. :wacko::nope:

My fingers are crossed that I pass the test.

Jenny Bean, your tummy is SO cute!

bicyclegoddes - congrats on the twins! that's so exciting. there was definitely a part of me wanting to have twins. We're not sure if we'll be up to having a second child at age 40+. :shrug:

Steno - congrats on your Verify results! I know what that wait is like.

Heidi - we just bought a stroller/carseat combo with an extra base for SO's vehicle. We got an awesome deal - super pleased with ourselves. We happened to catch an online sale at Sears and then took it to Buy Buy Baby to price match.

Lola - I haven't read the thread in its entirety. You live in France but you're moving back to the US? Can I ask why?

Hello I am 36 and just found out that I am expecting baby #1!! I was reading through some of the first posts in this thread and I am experiencing all these thoughts and concerns now. How do you not drive yourselves crazy with worry? I have my first prenatal appointment on March 11. I will be 6w+3days at that appointment and really hoping we can hear a heartbeat!

Steno & Lola- Glad to have found you two and happy be joining you over here! Yay! How are you ladies doing?

Jenny Bean- Cute bump! When did you start showing?

Hi, I'm 37 and 18 weeks pregnant with my first.

KileyJean, I don't think there is much you can do to stop worrying. The first tri is the worst, though, maybe because feeling exhausted means you aren't too active so have lots of downtime to stew on things. I found I was less worried once my bump was more visible as it's a bit more real. Just waiting now to be more certain about feeling movement, as I know that will help too. But honestly, you really just find new things to worry about.

Welcome to everyone new on this post!

Blingygirl, let us know how the test goes, I will be doing that in a few weeks and am nervous, lol

Kiley, I started showing around 5 months I think...Around there anyways.

Before then I did have an inflated stomach but that was to do with a lot of bloating, lol.

As far as the worry goes, I still worry, I guess it comes with becoming a mother, lol

First Trimester, I wasn't sick or feeling pregnant so I worried.

Now, I worry that something will go wrong especially if I don't feel her for a day or so....

Welcome and congratulations to Blingygal, KileyJean & RaquelDee!

BlingyGal - hope GD test results are good. I admire your resolve for team yellow! I'd love a scan every two weeks, no more for me now on the NHS.

KileyJean - I had my first scan at 6W3days as I had spotting early on and I saw LO hb, was tiny though like a blinking full stop!

RaquelDee - how far along are you? I felt definite kicking at 19W 6 days, but could feel baby change position for a couple of weeks before that.

Jenny - love your little bump! mines been around since about 16 weeks but has been growing slowly - been in maternity pants since then too (luckily am pear-shaped so have loads of a-line dresses still fitting me)

Hi to everyone else :wave:

afm - seeing my midwife on 3rd March, so I will see when I will get the GD test (she comes to the house so I get a relaxing morning off work until she arrives)

KileyJean - it's impossible not to worry. What I've found is I have times where I'm worrying a lot and then I'll have a couple of weeks where I feel very confident about the pregnancy. It kind of yo-yos for me. Right now I'm in a little bit of worrying-mode but I'm trying not to let it get the best of me.

Heidipie - I wish I could say bi-weekly scans were 'just because' but it's because I'm a 'high risk' patient and they want to monitor the baby's growth. I have low PAPP-A and two weeks ago the baby was measuring small (we paid for the Harmony test and it appears that the baby doesn't have down syndrome). Still in the normal range but the bottom 10th percentile so they need to make sure it doesn't drop below that. This Friday is another scan to see if the baby is keeping on track. My SO and his siblings were small babies (5 lbs range) and I was a 6 lbs - it could just be that we make small babies. I'm a little apprehensive about my upcoming appointment, I'm not sure what can be done if they think the baby is too small.

I hope everyone is doing well! This week is going slowly for me, can't wait for the weekend.

BlingyGal and RaquelDee, welcome!!

KileyJean, I am over the moon happy for you to join us here!!! CONGRATS!!!!
:happydance: :dance: :wohoo:

As far as first trimester goes, I didn't have any symptoms other than exhaustion. That's still my only symptom other than my pants now won't button.

I thought that after my first appointment and seeing the heartbeat I would feel better. Well, then I became obsessed with the possibility of missed miscarriage. Then I thought I would feel better after the NT scan....and I did until the blood work portion came back with a 1:42 chance of Down's. Then I obsessed over that for a week and a half waiting for the Verifi results. I think I'm finally starting to stop worrying and obsessing so much with worries about things that can go wrong with LO.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you.

BlingyGal - sorry to hear things haven't run too smoothly for you.Good news with your harmony test. Does sounds like you and OH make small babies - my SIL does, she has 5 girls who all weighed 5lb or less at birth. Glad you are getting looked after and GL for Friday. Let us all know how you get on :hugs:

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Heidipie - I'm 18 weeks 3 days. Have been having on and off sensations of some sort for a couple of weeks but was finding it hard to tell if it was baby movement or something else. Have had quite a few definite kicks or pokes in the last few hours, though, which is really good. Now I just want to feel it all the time!

Thanks for the welcome ladies! Good to know all these feelings are normal.

Blingygal- I don't know how you are able to wait to find out the sex of the baby! I am such a planner that I will not be able to wait at all. Good for you though! It will make delivery that much more special. :)

Raquel- I figured that once I stopped worrying about one thing, I would just worry about the next. I can imagine that feeling your baby kick has got to be the best feeling in the world. I can not wait to feel my baby move and kick for the first time! I have a long way to go before that happens! This experience will be good for building my patience which I guess will be good for when my LO is finally here!

Heidi- Good to know about the 6 week scan. I am assuming this will be a trans vaginal ultrasound? Anything I need to do to be prepared for this? My md office did not tell me anything about what to expect or what to do.

Steno- Glad to hear everything is going well and glad that your Verify came back great. Congrats!

Today I am 4w+4. I feel like this week has gone by super slow. I am preparing myself for more slow weeks ahead. So far no nausea. Just sore boobs, a little dizziness, I seem to be tired about an hour earlier than normal in the evening, and like you Jennybean, I've been bloated off and on. Still getting up at 5 am every morning to workout and I am hoping I can keep that up. My mom however, says to savor these two weeks because once I hit 6 weeks I may feel more symptoms such as nausea and exhaustion. I really hope she is wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->