Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

Wow Jojo I'm so pleased for you. I don't think I will be testing early when it comes to it as I don't think I could handle seeing a Bfn. Take it easy and well done x

Ladies thanks so much for all the congratulations. :thumbup: We are just delighted :cloud9: and very very shocked. I had pains from Friday morn and assumed it was AF on her way. At this point I felt exactly how I do every month when she is about to arrive.

I had:
a. bloated feeling
b. lower back pain
c. abdominal discomfort- cramps basically
d. boobs a little tender

But as I said thats a normal period for me. So girls don't give up even when you think AF is about to arrive, cos I was convinced. On Sat I had the worst wind, like trapped wind and really wanted to burp to clear it. Still have wind and discomfort, can't quite decide if its tummy or ovaries. Even this morn I thought it would be negative. I tested at 5:20 am and yelled for the hub!! LOL! Out the window went how I'd planned to tell him, excitement just took over.

Just worried cos of these windy pains. Brooklyn I know exactly what you're describing. Just glad it's normal. Have read heaps about how cramps are very common in early pregnancy

Hi all, still waiting for my period after an abandoned IVF three weeks ago. For anyone that has been through this how soon did your periods start? I had my last one 5 weeks ago. Thanks for your help

Jojo, just wanted to tell you that today I went to the RE and they said I had mild OHSS. I guess OHSS is brought on by HCG hormone, so you can either get it after the trigger shot, or later if you are pregnant (or both). Anyway, they said that the bloated feeling I'm having is not gas but fluid in my abdomen. I weigh 10 lbs more than my regular weight! There's not much they can do, but it is important to watch it in case it gets severe. I'm just trying to stay hydrated and eating mild foods.
It may be what you're getting as well, you never know.

Oh brooklyn - that is crazy - I never even knew that this was possible at this point. I hope you are doing okay and that you recover quickly.

Hi all, still waiting for my period after an abandoned IVF three weeks ago. For anyone that has been through this how soon did your periods start? I had my last one 5 weeks ago. Thanks for your help

My AF arrived a few days, maybe a week after I stopped taking the stim meds on my abandoned cycle :hugs:

Oh the wait is so long when you're waiting all alone! I've been up and down like a yoyo and now jojo has her BFP I've nobody to obsess with! Still trying to hold out til Friday unless AF rears her ugly head and ruins it all for me :nope:

How are you feeling Trying?

Jojo, just wanted to tell you that today I went to the RE and they said I had mild OHSS. I guess OHSS is brought on by HCG hormone, so you can either get it after the trigger shot, or later if you are pregnant (or both). Anyway, they said that the bloated feeling I'm having is not gas but fluid in my abdomen. I weigh 10 lbs more than my regular weight! There's not much they can do, but it is important to watch it in case it gets severe. I'm just trying to stay hydrated and eating mild foods.
It may be what you're getting as well, you never know.

Def not nice brooklyn, hope you're ok. That's what I was worried about. My stomach is very bloated and the ovarian discomfort was def back, after being away for several days! Must actually get on the scales and see if I've had a weight gain. When I rang my clinic and said about the pain they reinforced how important is was for me to drink plenty of water. :coffee:

How are you feeling today Mrs R??
Did you go to work?
Hope it helped occupy your mind if you did :hugs:

3 more days til i test, i am absolutely pooing myself about it! I just want to know either way, but DH is adament we should wait as I have always said I would not test early (damn principals getting in the way!)

I went back to work today and took it easy. Feeling ok today but thought this evening that I was feeling a little tender and bloaty again.I dare not think that my OHSS symtoms are back as that would mean being hopeful (OHSS at this stage generally means pg as it is triggered by rising levels of hCg)

Have an achey feeling in my lower abdomen but can't figure out if its AF getting ready to make her appearance or little embies getting comfy. I've been through so much with this cycle I will de devastated if it's BFN. I've really been put off the whole IVF process and never want to go through it again!

3 days, 9 hours and counting unless we see AF first................

I had a FET on February 12th. I did the first blood test this morning, but they will not get the results back until in the morning. I took several HPT's yesterday. The first 2 had the faint line, but the digital said no. I'm hoping my blood test shows positive.
I'm 10 days post transfer today. It may be too early to detect it on the HPT.

I really hope you get your BFPs too!!!!!!!

ANurse4him what test did you use? They need to be super sensitive at day ten. I used First Response Early Test because it was one of the most sensitive ones I could get my hands on. It detects 25mIU where as some others need 50 or 100.

Plus, I was also told even a faint line means a positive, your reult def doesn't need to be as strong or as dark as the test line. If the hcg is not detected there will be no line whatsoever so thats a good sign!!!

Mrs R you're doing great!!! I admire your principals and staying strong about not testing early. I was totally feeling a little tender and bloaty, still am. My ovaries def started to act up again around when I got the BFP. And Brooklyn said the same thing. Im still worried about the achey feeling in my tummy. I too keep feeling like its AF on her way.

Today is day 29 of my cycle so if I make it through today I'll be happier. AF has never been late in my life. She makes her appearance very 27 or 28 days. Hoping also that when I finish this progesterone the wind may ease.

JoJo Congratulations hun on your BFP. Tell me about the wind, just to let u know the pregosterone (presseries) are continued till the end of 1st tri. Congrats again.

Hun I just reread this thread, and you have proven to everyone that it only takes 1 egg.

JoJo Congratulations hun on your BFP. Tell me about the wind, just to let u know the pregosterone (presseries) are continued till the end of 1st tri. Congrats again.

Hun I just reread this thread, and you have proven to everyone that it only takes 1 egg.

Oh my goodness I'll have to continue with these things!!!!!! LOL!!! They have only given me enough to last to test day. Must mention that when I ring them on Thurs.

Exactly true about how it only takes one egg!! Hopefully that will give others with either a poor egg collection (we had 12) or poor fertilisation (we only had 1 out of 7) a lot more hope!!! And our one embie was Grade1 9cell, so even one can be a good one.

Just still worried about these windy tummy pains. Wish they'd go away :wacko::wacko:

I am 5 days post transfer ...ONLY 5 days....I could cry...this is taking so long. I can only test on the 4th. I have 9 more days to go.....how am I going to last. To be honest I went back to work 3 days post transfer and I felt very achey at the end of the day. I have worked two full days and am having a lie in tomorrow as I really don't want to mess this up just cos I went back to work too early. I really need that embie to stick in now :(

I am wondering if to buy some tests in my morning off tomorrow :blush: THEN I will start testing every day for 10 days!!!

So we have some more people on here in the 2WW! Thank god I can concentrate on your results instead, maybe that will take my mind of me.

I am 5 days post transfer ...ONLY 5 days....I could cry...this is taking so long. I can only test on the 4th. I have 9 more days to go.....how am I going to last. To be honest I went back to work 3 days post transfer and I felt very achey at the end of the day. I have worked two full days and am having a lie in tomorrow as I really don't want to mess this up just cos I went back to work too early. I really need that embie to stick in now :(

I am wondering if to buy some tests in my morning off tomorrow :blush: THEN I will start testing every day for 10 days!!!

So we have some more people on here in the 2WW! Thank god I can concentrate on your results instead, maybe that will take my mind of me.

I know exactly how you're feeling!!!! Five days after transfer was one of the most hard and emotional days I had. Seemed like forever to get there and yet seemed so far away to test day.

Not advising that you test early cos thats entirely your decision but when I started testing I at least felt like I was doing something!! I had three days of negatives tho before my BFP and that was starting to knock the stuffing out of me!!! So in a way testing early helped and in a way it didnt.

I still havent reached my official test day, its Thursday. I rang the clinic with my result on Monday and they said oh test again on Thurs and ring back!! :wacko:

ok....no symptoms today at all actually...got a busy day tomorrow so hope that takes my mind of things.

MrsR how are you doing? Testing on Fri? I'm really excited for you? Are you at work aswell?

JoJo you can officially test tomorrow! If it was me I would have no tests left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->