• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

Hello girls, there's quite a few of us now!

I'm also on Northisterone (Provera) to induce AF, and I finish taking it tomorrow. Then it's a waiting game. I'm on the short protocol and have all my drugs ready and waiting. I don't have to have a baseline scan as this is our second attempt (told me the first one I had was enough) and I'm getting very impatient!

What drugs/ dose is everybody on?

I'm on 225iu of Menopur to start with :thumbup:

Hi mrs R

when are you starting?
dont know what dose of buserin i start on but im on 300iu of meno

Its hard waiting isnt it..my drugs came last week and i juts want to get started now..

Hey ladies, can I join?
We had our nurse consultaion on Friday and should hopfully be starting ICSI 1st March.
I have to phone the hospital next week to book a baseline scan on 15th Feb. The ACU has just moved to another building so they are having a few teething problems, waiting for a new licence (which I pray to god they get) so we have our FX everything goes to plan!
Im soooo nervous but excited at the same time! It hit me a little bit last night, at long last its actually going to happen!
xx

Hey ladies, can I join?
We had our nurse consultaion on Friday and should hopfully be starting ICSI 1st March.
I have to phone the hospital next week to book a baseline scan on 15th Feb. The ACU has just moved to another building so they are having a few teething problems, waiting for a new licence (which I pray to god they get) so we have our FX everything goes to plan!
Im soooo nervous but excited at the same time! It hit me a little bit last night, at long last its actually going to happen!
xx

Hi Obe welcome to the thread. Which ACU are you with, the one in London?

Its very exciting but nerve wrecking as well, it will be good to chat on here. by the time you start most of the girls will have some experience behind and hopefully some BFP's :)

at least when we start IVF or ICSI we know it's out of our hands and we are getting the best medical attention. x

Ladies I started a new thread for this but have no replies as yet...

You know I started the Norethisterone tablets yesterday. Had two tablets, one am and the other pm. Woke up this morning with a hard lump on the base of my neck. Its about one and half inches by width and height, so pretty noticable. Its red and sore to touch. Was thinking it could be the reaction of glands to medication, feel great otherwise. Never had anything like this before.

What ya think??? :winkwink:

sorry i can't help you. hopefully you will get some replies. can you ring your clinic tomorrow?

Yeah I could ring in the morn, they are open from 8:15. Just don't want to sound silly!! My hub keeps saying just ring, we're paying them enough. But I dont want to seem like i'm over-reacting xxx

Thanks

JoJo:thumbup:

you are paying them plenty.x let us know how it goes.

Hi Jo jo

i saw your post but couldnt give u an answer. i think its best to ring to ring the clinic as someone on here may not give you the right advice. the nurses are prob used to getting asked what we think as 'silly questions'...

good luck and let us know in case we may need to know later xx

Hey ladies, can I join?
xx

Hi Obe welcome to the thread. Which ACU are you with, the one in London?

Its very exciting but nerve wrecking as well, it will be good to chat on here. by the time you start most of the girls will have some experience behind and hopefully some BFP's :)

Im at Leeds ACU, self funding.
It is nerve wracking, I cant stop thinking about it! My OH thinks I need to calm down and stop worrying or I will stress myself out! Ive got quite a few weeks to settle down yet. It will be interesting to see how you ladies find things and I look forward to hearing your experiences.
FX everyone! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies
well got my list of drugs-starting tabs approx 6th March. I am at Sheffield Care self funding and am having ICSI
My drugs are suprecur, pregnyl, menopur with utrogestan to maintain sticky beans( I hope)
any thoughts/ ideas about these welcome. Doesn't seem like a lot quantity wise but the clinic quoted £700 so I will be shopping around. Look forward to reading everyones journeys xx

hey glitter, how exciting...
try central homecare for the drugs they were the cheapest for me by a mile. You shoudl get them for at least hundred pounds cheaper..
When are you starting?

Your drugs are same as mine bar the pregnl. I have ovietrelle (spelt it wrong). what dose of menopur? im on 300 a day..

I went for my 1st scan to day, the lining was 5mm which was good. the ovaries were nice and quiet ie: no follicles which is good. But they want me to start injecting on Wed so they dont have lots of ladies with EC on the same day. would have like to have started today but i guess its not the end of the world.

hey glitter, how exciting...
try central homecare for the drugs they were the cheapest for me by a mile. You shoudl get them for at least hundred pounds cheaper..
When are you starting?

Your drugs are same as mine bar the pregnl. I have ovietrelle (spelt it wrong). what dose of menopur? im on 300 a day..

I went for my 1st scan to day, the lining was 5mm which was good. the ovaries were nice and quiet ie: no follicles which is good. But they want me to start injecting on Wed so they dont have lots of ladies with EC on the same day. would have like to have started today but i guess its not the end of the world.

bet you r excited too!!!-don't know what dose of menopur yet he just gave me a list and my gp put it all on prescription for me-a private one i might add-don't know why he bothered suppose he thought he was helping! I have been prescribed 30 x 75 iu vials but don't know how many a day etc
Start date all depends on date of next period but roughly begin with the cyclo-progynova about 6th March for 3 weeks then the fun starts! Nurse won't discuss full schedule until i know when i ovulate in march cycle. God i hope she writes it all down like an IVF for dummies type style!! prob get the injections wrong and end up with two heads or something lol xx Glad all seems to be going well with you keep well and rest loads xx

Glitter i know what im talkign about and today i asked lots of dumb questions and was making notes..

Ok so yu prob be taking about 2 vials menopur a day, starting u on a low dose prob coz you have god fsh etc ??? im on 4 vials a day

i just sent you a message about your drugs. i think you may have got the numbers for menopur wrong. central homecare does it for £11 per vial, your one is £18 per vial..

Have a read and oif you have any other q's let me know xx

hey muncho
my fsh was 9.6 but went down to 7.5 after tcm!! just pm'ed you re the price it was misquoted on the site-gutted! ah well if at first you don't suceed!!
thanks for the help anyway-its good to have an expert on board xx

Hello girls can I please join u? I am starting IVF number 1 again. Start 2 DR around the middle of February. My history... been ttc 2 years, FSH 12 wee bit high!... had 2 m/c last year and now starting ivf again.... as i got pregnant naturally last time while i was in the middle of DR. Short lived unfortunately. After my second m/c few months back I wanted tests done. So I got tested for anticardiolipin antibodies. One of these results has come back slightly elevated so as of last week my ivf doc has put me on half a tablet of aspirin a day. Thats all on me so far!
Great thread muncho!
Glitterqueen can I ask you how you reduced your FSH.... what is tcm?

Heres hoping 2010 is our year girls - good luck!

Glitterqueen,

This is a very obvious question, but have you asked your GP if they're willing to prescribe your medication on the NHS?

We bought our first lot in Care as we were starting right then and there, but we ran out when they upped my dosage a few days in, so we were very cheeky and asked our doctor at home.

She was more than willing to prescribe everything! She's saved us a fortune. It's worth asking the question x

Glitterqueen,

This is a very obvious question, but have you asked your GP if they're willing to prescribe your medication on the NHS?

We bought our first lot in Care as we were starting right then and there, but we ran out when they upped my dosage a few days in, so we were very cheeky and asked our doctor at home.

She was more than willing to prescribe everything! She's saved us a fortune. It's worth asking the question x

Glad things looked good on the first scan and hope the drugs go well from Wednesday - its only a couple of days and much better for them to be able to give you their full attention when EC comes around. Good luck and keep us updated! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->