• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone testing around 24th Jan?

T

Tanzibar83

Hey girls, well what I thought would be impossible has very much happened and I am counting and thanking my lucky stars.

bit of a back story:

irregular cycles (50+ days) - referred to a Gyne, was put on clomid, 2nd successful round (clomid brough my cycle length to 37 then what would have been 34 if I hadn't fallen pregnant), lost my cupcake at 8 weeks 2 days on 13th dec and have been worrying ever since when\if I'd ov again.

so thought I'd been getting a few positives over the past 10 days or so and I got to a day where I wasn't gonna test but out of habit I did and got a super dark OPK, my chart says I'm 3dpo but I'm only 2. So will be testing around 23rd\24th Jan - anyone want to buddy up?

Hi Tanzibar83,

I plan on testing around 23/24th Jan (if AF doesn't show up before then and I can resist earlier testing.....!!)

My back story:

I always have had regular 30 day cycles. Came off birth control in Aug 2010 and got pregnant in Oct 2011. Lost the baby on 21st Dec 2011 (had ERPC) - Thought I was between 10-11 weeks, but scan showed baby had no heartbeat and had died at 7-8 weeks.

I got a positive OPK on 8th Jan. I've been doing OPK's since April 2011 - I always got a positive, but could never seem to catch that egg!! So frustrating.

I feel lucky that I have no known fertility problems - but it drove me near to insane when I still couldn't fall pregnant (I know my TTC time pales in comparison to some ladies trying).

I am determined not to test early and become a HPT addict again!

Fingers crossed that we both get our positives - only 11 days to go... Good luck! xx

Hi ladies! Would love to buddy up with you both. I could technically test on the 23rd since that's when my AF is due. Not sure I want to test right then, or if I want to wait it out a few more days after that point. I'm taking it a day at a time!

We've been TTC since June, became pregnant in October, and had a MC on Thanksgiving. We decided to wait 1 full cycle since we started TTC again. I OV on the 10th and am now 3 DPO. Getting a BFP would be absolutely amazing, but I think my main fear is something happening again later on. It was a horrible experience and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Anyhoot - baby dust to you ladies! Here's hoping we have some fabulous news to share in the next few weeks!

Excellent, Hey MrsMauri, sorry to hear about your little nipper :hugs:

It's great you don't really have any obstacles, your egg is a little sneaky bugger but it will definately be caught once again :)

Hey KTJ006 I know what you mean about it happening again, the only thought I have about that is, I have to accept it otherwise it'll never happen for hubby and I.

fabulous news here we come !!!!

Hi KTJ006, so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel - Im desperate to be pregnant again - but at the same time so terrified that something will go wrong - it feels so strange, wanting something so bad, and being scared at the same time. Hopefully we will all get our BFPs and everything will go smoothly this time.

My hospital did say that they would offer me earlier scans if/when I get pregnant again to try and keep my mind at ease - I'm going to try and focus on that when I get my BFP.

Good luck and stay positive!

Thanks Tanzibar83, Sorry about your loss too.

I must be one of those people who's eggs have the shorter life span!

I agree - good news here we come!

MrsM: That's great about your hospital tracking things earlier. It would definitely put me at ease. I will have to inquire about that when I get to that point (hopefully soon!).

I am one of those people that will test and test and test. "Got a positive pregnancy test? Woohoo! Test about 10 more times later." "Got a negative pregnancy test? Test every day until AF arrives." I can't imagine how much I've spent on pregnancy tests at this point, but it's all worth it! With both times I've been pregnant, I've ALWAYS had implantation bleeding for about 2 weeks. It popped up a few days before AF was supposed to arrive, so we shall see this time around. Here's hoping!

So where are you ladies from? I am finding there are people from all over the place on these boards - it's so neat!

KT - I was a test-o-holic the first time round. Like you - I'd do loads and I spent a fortune on them. I have swore this time I'll be different.... we shall see if it lasts though! Luckily I have none in the house to tempt me, I just need to resist buying any now! I'm from the UK xxx

KT - I'm from the UK like MrsMauri.

Must admit the day I found out I was pregnant I did tonnes of test and decided to test every day for about 20 days after, didn't care how much it costs, it's like seeing baby with every bfp.

Where you from kt?

I'm from the US! It's very cold today - Am grateful it's Friday and a long weekend off for me! :happydance:

I am testing on the 23rd too! We lost our little man at full term a few months ago and this is our first month officially TTC. We are so excited and anxious. We don't use OPKs or anything as I have always experienced ovulation pain...That is how we got pregnant with RJ without any problem. Good luck to you all!

Are any of you having any symptoms? I am going crazy trying not to think to much about every twinge, headache, etc. :)

I am from Canada!

It's freezing in the UK today too - Yay for synchronised weather! I'd happily make permenant switchies :)

Hi Krippy, how long did it take for your body to recover? :hugs:

ooo symptoms. Trying hard not to think about them but it's impossible! this is my first ovulation since the loss, my nipples are sore and general I feel quite lethargic. I can't imagine not getting a bfn this time round, just got a nagging feeling my wishes will come true once again :D

What about you?

We would have been trying right away but I had some thyroid irregularities. I had major tearing from you know what to my you know what but I had my stitches out by 1 1/2 weeks after birth and ready to go at 4 weeks post partum! My doctor was amazed at how fast I healed! Our son was quite large...9 pounds 10 ounces and I gained 75 pounds but I lost 60 pounds in 9 weeks due to my overactive thyroid and I have been feeling great the last 4 weeks which led us to the decision to TTC.

I have been feeling exhausted, tingly breasts, pinches in sides and slight cramping in uterus, slight headaches, and ridiculous dreams! Might also be looking too much into everything so I just trying the stay calm and relax and let what will be, be. :)

ooooo the tearing sounds nasty but like your doc, I'm also amazed you're a fast healer, makes it a little bit better doesn't it? did you name you little boy?

The thyroid issues sound a nightmare have you been put on any medication for it? do you think you'll be doing some sneaky tests before the 23rd? depending on how I feel and what symptoms make a return I may do ;)

I am not sure about the sneaky tests...I don't want to be too disappointed. No meds for the thyroid seems to be leveling out by itself which tends to happen with Post partum thyroiditis...hoping that is what I hope I have as I get tests back on the 1st of Feb.

We named our little man Richard James (RJ) after my father who passed away in May 2010. Makes us feel better to think that they are together.

Awww thats a beautiful name, I prefer traditional names, there's just some thing infinate and lovely about it. If I have a girl I want to name her Vera.

Do you have any boy\girls lined up for the next baby, xxxx

Welcome Krippy - so sorry for the loss of your little man xx. Ive got my fingers crossed for you a BFP.

Tanzibar83 - Your symptoms sound good - When I got pregnant last time sore nipples was my first major symptom. Vera is a beautiful name, hopefully she is on her way!

This is our month Ladiesl! xx

Next babes we have Raif or Basil for a boy and Hazel and Zahra for a girl. My husband is muslim and east indian and I am christian and white so we really had a hard time agreeing on names that fit both of our cultures.

I love older names too...Rose and Ruby are two of my favourites but DH doesn't like them at all! ;)

Have never been to the UK but would love to visit if it didn't mean being on a plane for hours! Absolutely hate flying but the ironic thing is I do it all the time for my job. Funny how that happens...

Welcome, Krippy! So sorry for your loss. My good friend went through something similar at full term. I cannot imagine. Absolutely love the name and yes, they are together watching over you! You are a strong lady!!

No symtpoms for me yet. Though I never got any the first 2 times except for implantation bleeding which always puts me on edge. Once my AF was overdue, I would get some bloat which is always lovely :shock:

FXd for everyone :thumbup: We are going to have a FABULOUS month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->