• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone testing around 24th Jan?

Hi - how is everyone doing?

I reckon I'm 6DPO today - its a good job I have no HPT's in the house or I think I would have broke and pee'd on one!!! Which would have been a BFN as its too soon and it would have made me miserable all day!

I hate the TWW so much - it really does make me go a tad crazy! I don't know how I will stay sane (and resist a HPT) until the 23rd/24th!

Doing well! Power is out in our neighbourhood due to a car accident...thank goodness fo phones and radio with batteries.
Only symptoms I have are sore bbs, vivid dreams, and stuffed nose...a few twinges in my hips and stomach. The only I remember from last time is the stuffed nose and dreams. Hoping that it is good news! :)
How is everyone else this morning?

MrsM: Right there with ya. I was at the grocery store this morning and had to go down the toothpaste aisle. Low and behold the HPTs were staring me in the eye. I looked at them for a minute then decided to just walk away. It's way too early for me and I know I would just be disappointed. The wait it horrible! ](*,)

Krippy: symptoms sound good! I never did get the vivid dreams but have heard some women have some crazy ones. :wacko:

I made Magnolia cupcakes this morning to pass some time. Magnolia's is a bakery in New York City that I'm in love with. I don't live at all close to it so making trips there is hard to come by...maybe once or twice a year. Figured the next best thing would be to try my hand at baking some of their goodies! Wish I had a picture to upload - they turned out yummy! It is coooold here again so we are staying inside. :coffee: Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!

Hey MrsMauri - well woke up this morning feeling horny, so I'm 4dpo, so less than 10 days til testing day, yay!!!!

which hpt's will you be using? have you got frers? come on you can do it, save testing til at least the 20th Jan :)

Oh Krippy, hope whoever was in the car accident wasn't badly hurt.

KT - Yay you held back the urge to stock up on hpt's :hugs: mmmm magnolia cupcakes sound extremely tasty, I want some! hehe

Been to view some houses nearby (we rent currently) and we fell in love with this one that has a beautiful view of some fields, ah lush! we put in an offer and it's been accepted :yipee: so going to the mortgage advisor on Monday to secure it all and hope to move in March!

This time last month I was rock bottom, crying at losing my cupcake, today however I feel a little bit happier with life. Nothing would please me more if we secured the house on Monday then went and got a BFP a week later, my dreams would have come true <3

That is awesome about the house, Tanz!! That's such a good thing when you immediately fall in love with something...that's when you know it's going to be HOME!!! The view sounds gorgeous...I always tell my DH I would love to live at the top of a mountain with a great view. FXd everything goes well for you on Monday. :thumbup:

Oooo a mountain view just sounds breath taking!

oh Magnolia's bakery have an online shop :D - bet the delivery charges to the UK are sky high though. God I'm just drooling over them. So do you like doing a lot of baking?

Loooove to cook and bake! Both my Mom and Dad cooked/baked all the time, so it's in my nature I guess :cake: My Dad has about 15 years worth of cooking magazines all saved in a box. It's really neat. Trends change but good recipes always remain the same! Wish I could do it more of it, but work gets in the way...guess that's what weekends are for!

They are crazy to ship - just shipping to me (and I'm in the US) it would cost me $52 for only 12 cupcakes...yikes! They have to ship overnight in order to guarantee it fresh. I looked the recipe up online. If you do a search for "Magnolia's Vanilla Cupcakes" you can find the exact recipe. It's not 100% the real thing, but it's unbelievably good! :smug:

Hi Everyone

Tanzibar83 - I'll just be getting some cheap hpt's, but if I get a positive I'll confirm it with an expensive brand like clearblue!! I dont know what 'frers' means - sorry, Im new to all this and Im just trying to work out the meanings of stuff as I go along! I've resisted testing anyway - went for a really long walk and kept busy till the shops shut so I couldnt be tempted to buy any HPT's!

Your new home sounds gorgeous - and just what you need to look forward too! Keep us updated on it! I hope there is plenty of room in it for all your future babies! xx

Krippy - I've heard vivid dreams is a good sign too! I hope your powers back on! x

KT - You've got the right idea about keeping busy. I'm not into baking at all - but in my last 2WW (the one where I got pregnant), I couldn't stop making cup cakes - maybe its a symptom LOL!!!

Take care ladies x

These abbreviations are taking some time for me to get used too, MrsM! I keep having to look at the abbreviations page (click "Site Map" at the top, then click on the third link called "BabyandBump Lingo & Abbreviations"). FRER = First response early result

Love clearblue easy! We invested in the CBFM. This was my first cycle using it, so here's hoping it works! Heard such good reviews about it. I've never tried charting or doing OPKs so I haven't the slightest idea how those work. They seem very time intensive! :wacko:

You ladies have a great night. We just got back from dinner and are going to relax for the night. It's still incredibly cold!! Going to start the fire and watch a movie...:thumbup:

Hey there I'm right there with you. 2 years married,off birth controle july 2010 , ttc since aug 2011 . Fell pregnant oct 15 ,at 8 weeks I started bleeding after a emergency room visit showing a 6 week embryo with heart beat had misc the next day , was really hard :( . I had a pos Opt the 13 14 jan and we have tried both days now, I am thinking its time to play the waiting game . I always get impatient and test early ! I think it's safe to test 27 or 28 we should def be ttc buddy's !

I can't fault the First Response tests MrsMauri, if you ever see some on offer or nice and cheap I'd invest in some definately :)

KT - will give those cakes a go, hubby is usually the one dominating the kitchen, I think it's time to get my territory back, hehe!

Missy_wear - :hugs: good luck with your testing, are you checking for symptoms or are you trying not to do that this time round?

KT - I bought a CBFM. I used it once and it was the cycle I got pregnant! I'm getting mine back out this month if I get a BFN. Let me know how you get on with yours.

Welcome Missywear - So sorry for your loss xx

Tanzi - Is the 'frers' the actual brand, and what prices am I looking at?? because I think I'll be keeping my eye out for some.

Hope everyone is well and feeling positive today!!

The brand is First Response (Early response) if you walk into a superdrug they are in a pink box, some people prefer pink dye tests to blue ones like clearblue as they're more reliable (something to do with the colour of the dye - not sure exactly) - but I've found out over the past few months that every now again superdrug in particular will do a BOGOF, so you pay £10.99 for a box of 2, and you'll get another box free.

Another tidbit - I saw at a boots nearby a box of 5 FRER tests and they were on buy one get one half price but they were £19.99, so essentially for £30 you get 10 tests. I've done some digging around on the internet and cannot find anywhere else that sells them in packs of 5 ><

If you don't want to pay that much you can buy a single pack of 2 any time of the year from amazon for something like £6.49 :)

I want nothing more for 4:30pm tomorrow to get here to get the stuff sorted out with the house, I think once it's set in stone we're having it I'll stop worrying :)

Thanks for that info Tanzi - I think I'll pay superdrug and boots a visit nearer to the 24th and invest (I know if I buy them now they will all be used up by then, so Im best waiting!).

You will have to let us know how tomorrow evening goes for you - I hope everything with the house goes smooth! How far in the process are you - would you be getting your keys anytime soon? A move is so exciting - and hopefully if your thinking about that it will take your mind off TTC. Alot of people on here say as soon as they stop thinking about it it happens!

I'll keep my eyes out on this end and keep you updated with the BOGOF offers at superdrug :)

To be honest we're not that far along at all. We went to view the house yesterday, put an offer in to the woman there and then which she accepted, phoned her estate agent who wants us to come in tomorrow to make sure we can afford it. Just hope no one swoops in last minute :S

They won't be moving out til March which gives us plenty of time to tell our landlord, have a clear out, get things switched over etc. Do you rent or have you got a house? xxx

If the woman accepted the offer and the estate agent know about it - they shouldn't even let anyone else view it now - it should be classed as 'under offer/sold'! I know what you mean though - I'd be stressing about the exact same thing - you just want that confirmation that its yours and no one else's!

I have a house with my husband - Its the perfect house for kids. We have a garden and 2 spare bedrooms. I made the mistake of decorating the small room (nursery) as soon as I started TTC (I was sooo nieve about how long it could take) - I cant believe Its still stood there empty! We just did it out cream - then when I get preggers we are going to find out if its a boy or a girl and get pink or blue accessories (curtains, bedding etc) and the furniture. If I could go back in time, I wouldnt have done it - because its a bit of a constant reminder!

Whats your new house like?

Missy - WELCOME!! So sorry you've had a hard journey as well. 2012 is a new year and it's going to be wonderful for all of us! So glad we have such great ladies to share our experiences with and get some needed support!

Tanzi - If you make the cupcakes let me know! Interested in how they turn out for you. That recipe makes QUITE a bit - we are giving some away today because we just can't eat them all! They are wonderful! SO excited for you about the house - please keep us updated. We fell in love with our house the second we saw it - similar as you. When you know, you know right? FXd for you - everything will work out!

MrsM: SO glad you had a good experience with the CBFM. It was an investment, but I had NO clue what my cycles would do post miscarriage, so I wanted to depend on something. So far, so good. I do have a question on it: do you really need to continue to test after you've reached your peak? I peaked on CD18 - am now on CD24 and it's still continuing to tell me to test. I read somewhere else online that the monitor is programmed to have you test in batches of 10. So it will keep asking you to test until you reach that limit, regardless of whether you've reached your peak or not. Just want to make sure that's right. Otherwise, that's A LOT of sticks! I was going to call the company but haven't yet. I am almost out of sticks and debating whether I should invest in more. If I don't get a BFP this time around, I will definitely need more. The thing is, I can't wait until I get a BFP or BFN to order them...I would need to do it before so they can arrive in time. Booo. Looks like I will probably be ordering more. This is the one time I would say I hope that money goes to waste and I don't need them!! :wacko:

Ladies...this is going to sound like a ranting post, so sorry. Feel free to skip over it if you'd like. I was just flipping through facebook and it seems as if EVERYONE is pregnant!! What I don't understand, is why does it come so easy to some people? Why do some people never have to experience loss and heartache and others go through it over and over? I truly don't understand it and try not to get myself worked up over it, but it always does. I'm sorry if I sound like a horrible person, but it's just so hard to see people wanting something so bad, but continually being disappointed. I just have to keep remembering and telling myself that there IS a plan out there for everyone! We may not understand it today, but one day we will. Thanks ladies...

Hi KT!

I've just checked my left over test sticks and there is 10 left out of a box of 20 - so yeah, I think it must test you for at least 10 days. I carried on testing after my peak (I got 2 peak days in a row) - I think its supposed to record your results and then after 3 cycles it then reduces the number of tests you need if your cycles are similar (As I only used it once though - I cant give you a guarantee that it actually does that!).

If this helps - With mine I BD'd on my last day of high and my second day of peak and got my BFP - I'll be doing the same next month if I don't get my BFP this month.

To be fair, I am super regular and it didn't tell me anything surprising (I got my peak when I would normally get a positive OPK/knew I was ovulating) - I did however find that the high days and peak days made me more aware of when would be the best times to BD and I did change it up that month and not BD as much as usual. (I would normally try for once every day around my ovulation time - and a couple of months we tried twice a day to try and catch my egg, still with no luck!)

Re: your later post - you are not a horrible person, these are normal feelings (I get them all the time)! I know what you mean about it coming so easy to people - they just seem to get pregnant with the blink of an eye! I dont think people who have never had a m/c or who have never struggled to get pregnant will ever understand how it makes us who have feel.

The one that always gets to me is that me and my husband have no fertility issues at all (we've been checked), I have regular periods, we are young(ish!), fit, healthy, no weight issues, dont smoke and we still couldnt get pregnant! (And when we finally did, :( I lost the baby)! It drives me insane that every month I know there is a little egg there ready and waiting but I never catch it!

I tend to avoid FB at all costs these days - I just dont log on. I decided I would just log on here instead because everyone is in the same position and understands what you are going through - So if you ever have an off day, just put up your thoughts and I'll get back to you at some point (I tend to log on at least once a day - I think it might be my new addiction to replace doing HPT's!)

Take care xx

MrsMauri - :hugs: but at least it's been done now, least when you're pregnant you'll be able to put your feet up and flick through the home catalogues at the boy\girl accessories :)

so the house we viewed is right at the end of a cul-de-sac so barely anyone will pass there which is a bonus. It's got 3 bedrooms, a bathroom with shower\bath, wardrobes built into the walls which gives us more space at the end of the day! the lounge opens through to the dining room but then at the end of that is a conservatory which is bigger than the dining room. The current owners said they like to sometimes switch the dinner table into the conservatory if they have friends round, etc. The garden isn't that massive but the field it looks out onto makes up it! it's a public one too so I bet it's lovely to sit on the decking in summer and watch the world go by :)

the 2nd biggest bedroom will be the nursery and it's already got winnie the pooh wallpaper up but as soon as we're in there I'll want to spruce it up!!!

KT - I'll get some pics up if they turn out successfully :D

I did invest in the CBFM but it didnt work with the irregular cycles, if I remember rightly though you can either just follow what the screen says each day or if you're on a budget just stop testing once you've got your peak. Do you have the manual still? I have a digital PDF version if you want me to send it across?

:hugs: I understand about feeling the odd one out, it feels as if sometimes the whole world is either pregnant or are already parents. A friend of mine (who is already a mum) told me she was planning on having a kid in 2011, this was the time I also started TTC, and guess who got all the luck? she did, what did I get? stress :(

You're not a horrible person at all, it's very natural to think that, I found that be eliminating all stressful situations (hiding everyone on my FB, blocking all newspaper websites, severing ties with friends who are already mothers) really helped me focus on my own goals. It really is amazing how much easier it becomes. I know it sounds harsh but at this moment in time, as someone who's gone through a loss after a long hard grueling journey to get there, the last thing I want to hear is someone is pregnant with no. 3 or 4 and for them it was a piece of cake.

You should try it, make a list of things that get you annoyed and do everything you can to minimise the stress :hugs:

it's been 7 days since I blocked all the newspaper websites and I don't miss reading one bit of it, I don't even know why I was so keen to read the celebrity sections ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->