Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

Mine does but because of my age (under 30) they charge something like 600 for it :(

Mine does but because of my age (under 30) they charge something like 600 for it :(

Yep!! I got the blood work with DS and didn't know my insurance didn't cover it. I did end up calling the company because I wouldn't afford it and they ended up charging me the small amount the insurance did pay and like $25-30 out of my pocket. But I probably wouldn't do it again.

My pap came back abnormal (ive actually only had one normal pap in my life). They would normally do a cloposcopy and biopsy but since i'm pregnant they're not. I do have to go in Wednesday for the OB to look at my cervix. She'll do so again around 28 weeks and once more at 8-10 weeks PP. If she sees cause for it, they'll do the biopsy then.
Part of me freaked out a little but i've had a cloposcopy and biopsy before and nothing alarming came of it

My pap came back abnormal (ive actually only had one normal pap in my life). They would normally do a cloposcopy and biopsy but since i'm pregnant they're not. I do have to go in Wednesday for the OB to look at my cervix. She'll do so again around 28 weeks and once more at 8-10 weeks PP. If she sees cause for it, they'll do the biopsy then.
Part of me freaked out a little but i've had a cloposcopy and biopsy before and nothing alarming came of it

Try not to worry hun, I had an abnormal result after Micah was born and had the biopsy and colposcopy and it came back fine after that.

:hugs: Powell! NOT at all what you want to hear right now! I had that a few times in a row... I want to say I had 3 colpos done... NOT fun! Make sure they use the numbing spray on you - for me, the first two times, they didn't. Ouch! Luckily I haven't had issues in years now. FX it's the same for you!!!

How scary Powell. I hope subsequent tests come back alright. :hugs:

:hugs: Powell! NOT at all what you want to hear right now! I had that a few times in a row... I want to say I had 3 colpos done... NOT fun! Make sure they use the numbing spray on you - for me, the first two times, they didn't. Ouch! Luckily I haven't had issues in years now. FX it's the same for you!!!

Luckily she's not doing the colpo during my pregnancy so I have a little bit lol she's just gonna look at my cervix, probably with that light with different colors. and keep an eye on it for the duration of the pregnancy then make a decision on whether to do the colpo. I'm thinking maybe she will do a repeat pap at 8-10 weeks PP and go from there?

I will def remember about the numbing spray! My first colpo was UNCOMFORTABLE lol

I've only ever had 3 abnormal paps in my life and only one of them required a biopsy (the other two were just a bacterial vaginosis diagnosis and a yeast infection diagnosis as a result of the antibiotic I had to take for the BV). That biopsy sucked and it turned out that I had precancerous cells and they gave me a follow-up pap 6 months later and it came back normal so my immune system took care of it (they told me it was likely that would happen and that my actual cancer risk was very low). I really hope that everything goes well with testing and you don't end up needing anything more invasive. :hugs:

my poor friend had an abnormal pap and they found precancerous cells when we were like 14. they decided not to wait and got it all cut out. yikes. she has had one child, and because of the scar tissue her cervix would not efface or dilate on it's own. she had no choice but c-section.

Hey ladies! How are you all doing?

I am doing good. We are currently on a 3 month break. I had a doctor's appt last week and he agreed to start clomid. However, I wanted to get past the holidays and lose a bit of weight. So I opted to do birth control for 3 months. I think a break will be good for me both physically and emotionally. But I am really excited for mid-February to get here! :happydance:

krissie i think that's great!!!! whatever helps ease your mind. holidays are stressful enough.

powell your tickers are gone! how are you feeling?

krissie i think that's great!!!! whatever helps ease your mind. holidays are stressful enough.

powell your tickers are gone! how are you feeling?

I know! Stupid me put a long ticker instead of a short one making my signature too long lol been too lazy to fix it :p i'm 17w5d today and feeling pretty good! I had to do the 1 hour glucose test yesterday and I have a lingering headache from the stupid drink so have to go in at 2 for them to check my blood pressure. But other than that, and knowing I have the 3 hour test next week because I failed the 1 hour, i'm doing great! Been feeling lots of movement and hubs can feel it now. Slowly but surely getting bigger lol

Wow they did the gtt early! We do it here at like 28 ish weeks or so. Not looking forward to that again.

:wave: Hi Krissie! Glad that you have a plan! February will be exciting for sure!!!

Powell, so sorry to hear you failed the 1 hr! FX the 3 hour goes better for you! I, too, am surprised you're already doing those tests. Did you have GD with your DS?

Mommy, 9 weeks already?! So exciting! Are you popping yet??

AFM, feeling huge... 22 weeks as of yesterday! I feel like time is flying - March will be here before I know it! Second scan later on today (last one I was apparently dehydrated & they couldn't get the spine measurements they needed... so I've been chugging water all morning to make sure all will be well & I'll have a full bladder for my appointment!)

I'll try to get a bump photo ladies yes I am actually popping already lol! I look pretty big I think

They did the GTT early because I had GD with #1 so if I have a history with it, why wait??

Ahhhhh gotcha! Hey Powell maybe you can help me out. My friend just failed her three hour gtt. She's 30 weeks. And shes freaking out. Is there anything I could say to ease her mind? I'm worried about her. She's not telling me other stuff that's going on but I know she's spent most of the pregnancy scared. She had high blood pressure too and is on meds for tht then they scared her with abnormalities that after tons of tests are non existent so I'd love to help her anyway I can

GD is NOT the end of the world!! If anything it makes you more aware of your food choics and make better ones! It can also be controlled fairly easy!
I recommend light walking after every meal, which naturally bring blood sugar down and is good during pregnancy! And cinnamon capsules,.safe during pregnancy and also naturally lower blood sugar!

The worst part, in my experience is the 4x a day finger pricks which are more annoying than anything! And being induced. I had a HORRIBLE induction with #! Not everyone does tho!

Any questions? Feel free to ask!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->