Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

thank you SO much powell! the cinnamon capsules are so interesting because she does have high blood pressure!!!! they have her on insane amounts of meds that make her so sick. :(

i left out the finger pricks adn the horrible induction LOL i hope she doesn't have that. i think she was trying to go natural. :(

I am diabetic so I had similar problems in pregnancy. I actually didn't find it that bad. I was on insulin and that was less painful than the finger pricks. Which aren't that bad.

I was induced and had a good experience. Plus I had extra ultrasounds the last few weeks to check on him.

It can be stressful but that really only compounds the problem. Try to relax.

And I definitely second walking after eating.

thank you SO much powell! the cinnamon capsules are so interesting because she does have high blood pressure!!!! they have her on insane amounts of meds that make her so sick. :(

i left out the finger pricks adn the horrible induction LOL i hope she doesn't have that. i think she was trying to go natural. :(

Def mention cinnamon capsules to naturally lower blood sugar. Apple cider vinegar (unfiltered helps with that AND high blood pressure so tell her about that as well!!)

She will MOST LIKELY be induced having GD and HBP but don't freak her out but I would mention its a possibility!! Maybe not tell her its almost guaranteed but do give her a heads up. I was soooooo hoping to go into labor naturally with PJ (#1) and was absolutely CRUSHED when I was told I would be induced likely before my EDD :( you can obviously refuse induction but with HBP plus GD idk how wise that would be

The fingwr pricks aren't TERRIBLE. more annoying than anything. But do tell her to make sure to use alcohol to clean the finger (unclean fingets can skew results! I tested it last pregnancy) and that using the side of your finger tip lessens the soreness!!

She goes on Thursday to dietician. I don't want to mention finger pricks until she goes so she finds out from the Dr first. But I definitely am mentioning the things that can help! I will tell er the prick stuff after so it helps ease that. Thank you so much, she's like my best friend ever and it makes me so sad she's dealing with all of this

She was so responsible about her pregnancy waited til everything was right in her life to try and has had so much bad news its just not fair.

I am diabetic so I had similar problems in pregnancy. I actually didn't find it that bad. I was on insulin and that was less painful than the finger pricks. Which aren't that bad.

I was induced and had a good experience. Plus I had extra ultrasounds the last few weeks to check on him.

It can be stressful but that really only compounds the problem. Try to relax.

And I definitely second walking after eating.

Yeah the extra monitoring and extra scans are definitely a plus!

The stupid diet made me actually lose weight and I didn't need to! 88lb when I got pregnant and 116 when I went in to be induced at 39w4d (or was it 39w3d?)

My induction was 32 hours with 3 hours of pushing and he got stuck on a nerve for 45 minutes and I thought I was DYING and he came out with a flat bruised spot where he got stuck. He just wasn't ready to come out :/ BUT I think being induced when I was kept me from a C section cuz he ALMOST didn't come out, my MW had to maneuver his shoulders out and he came out fist first Superman style lol

I stared the diet at 8 weeks and didn't gain until the end. I guess that was one plus. I was back to prepregnancy weight 2 weeks after.

My induction was 10 hours from start of pitocin to delivery. No major problems. I was not favorite for induction either. So I wad impressed I progressed so fast. Then again my sister was in labor less than 2 hours and gave birth at home on accident. So maybe it's genetics.

Glad you didn't have a bad experience krissie! I hope she doesn't. Waiting for her to respond to the little I told her. She's just really down.

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been on in a while but great to catch up with everyone.

Glad to hear you have a plan Krissie! With the holidays coming up, time will be flying by!

Didn't know you had GD before Powell! My best friend semi-failed her 3 hour test and is now having gall bladder issues. She's been in horrible pain and there's nothing they can do until baby is born (which isn't until January).

Sorry to hear about your friend mommy! I hope with changing her diet things will be just fine.

I'm almost 18 weeks and getting a big bump already. I have still been wearing regular jeans unzipped with a belly band over them and now that's getting too uncomfortable :(. Didn't want to have to break out the maternity pants so soon but oh well.

I feel like this pregnancy is draggging!

hal i'm in maternity pants already lol i don't wanna hear it! hahahaha

and thanks ladies. i'm still waiting to hear back from my friend. she was supposed to go to dietician on thursday. however, they sat her down and told her they thought the baby had a heart defect and then her bp went through the roof. sent her to labor and delivery instead. So she sat there for 2 hours, everything fine, no heart defect, so she had to reschedule appt. hoping everything is going to be alright. they are really taking her for a ride.

:(

afm, i don't have anything going on but constipation. seriously- if i didn't have that? i'd have no symptoms. Easier pregnancy so far than dd, but this constipation is killing me. i've done fruit and cashews and everything i can think of. even prune juice. not helping. think i have to get benefiber or something :( sad i don't want to add more meds. but i can't feel like this all the time either.

Mommy, hope the constipation lets up! Have you tried low sodium V8? That always sends me running to the bathroom :haha: Also, do you use a stool in the bathroom? My friend swears by the "Squatty Potty" so I started using my DD's step stool when I go - it really does help!!! GL to you!

Well ladies I just returned from my first actual appointment! Dr. Said based on my uterus I'm measuring about 18 weeks so she sent me right in to ultrasound after, which showed an absolutely beautiful bub! Baby measured 13 weeks, won't know until my next apt next month if Dr will change my due date because of this. Everything with this apt was identical to my first apt with DD! Hopefully everything else goes well like it did with her! Fx'd! Now I'm just so anxious to start telling everyone!!

Attachments

• 2015-11-23_16.52.01-1.jpg
    2015-11-23_16.52.01-1.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1
Mommy, hope the constipation lets up! Have you tried low sodium V8? That always sends me running to the bathroom :haha: Also, do you use a stool in the bathroom? My friend swears by the "Squatty Potty" so I started using my DD's step stool when I go - it really does help!!! GL to you!

no i've never had that?! sounds interesting. i'll have to look into it.

and squatty potty??!? this is going to sound stupid but..... how do you do that? lol! sounds uncomfy! not sure i understand!!

miracles again congrats on your beautiful baby ! love the photo!!!

afm got our bill for the bloodwork and ultrasound is on the way. omg. they're raping us. insurance is covering like nothing.

Beautiful scan miracles! Congrats!! Will you be finding out gender at the anatomy scan or staying team yellow?

Mommy - hope the constipation gets better for you. I know TMI, but I have developed hemorrhoids this time (haven't been constipated so idk why this is happening). Bowel trouble is the worst!!

no i've never had that?! sounds interesting. i'll have to look into it.

and squatty potty??!? this is going to sound stupid but..... how do you do that? lol! sounds uncomfy! not sure i understand!!

miracles again congrats on your beautiful baby ! love the photo!!!

afm got our bill for the bloodwork and ultrasound is on the way. omg. they're raping us. insurance is covering like nothing.

LOL! It's just a little step stool. I'd say if you have anything about 6-12 inches high, put it in front of the toilet & rest both feet on it. It puts your body in the "proper" position to poop :haha: Like I said, I use my daughter's step stool that helps her reach the sink to wash her hands. It's... I think 9 inches high? It really does help! :blush:

Haha Bella I used one today! Helped a little. I had to go buy metamucil(I feel like an old person) so that's sloooooowly heeeeeelping oh my so slow. Does this ease up in second tri? I never had it like this with dd ugggh

Hal. After I gave birth to my daughter I got new ones and omg. Terrible. They never completely left. They havent really been a problem but then again I'm not really poopin either lol

Thanks everyone! I'm just so glad we got the surprise ultrasound yesterday as I wasn't expecting one for 6-8 weeks still. I thought about staying team yellow but have since decided we will probably go ahead and find out. We are in the process of fixing up a house to move into once it's finished and I need to be able to work on decorating the kids room as I plan on putting the two of them in the same room for a while regardless of gender. So we will hopefully be able to do our gender reveal shortly after the new year!

now with pricing i have to talk to dh about whether or not we should stay team yellow. sucks doesn't it.

how are you feeling miracles? i'm totally jealous you're already 12 weeks :haha: i'm two weeks behind you! however with original date i'd be 11 weeks today! so sucks getting moved back lol.

Mommy- when I was pregnant the hospital bills were drowning us. We applied for hospital assistance and they covered our bills 100% aside from co-pays and my ob payment's which ended up being 1500 ish. Maybe check into that to help. Our bill ended up being 25k in the end so it was a huge relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->