anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Aww i think christmas is a perfect day pie.. :) I will hopefully be getting my eggo preggo then lol :)

We had a great time with my family this weekend celebrating Thanksgiving and Ozzy's birthday. He had fun opening presents, and his favorite one so far seems to be a little drum with two plastic drumsticks. He just loves making noise!

I got to tell the news four times! Once to my mom, once to one SIL, once to one brother and his wife, and then finally to my other brother. I did it that way because we decided we didn't want to tell the kids (my nieces and nephews) in case something happens. I think it would be hard to explain to them and they might take it badly. But I had fun telling the adults. They were kind of disappointed when my good news was just a new job, but then really excited when I told them I'm pregnant!

Pielette, we wanted to do the whole shirt thing too, but I went to Carter's to try to find one and couldn't. Then Daniel pointed out that there probably isn't a big market for 18 months sized "Big Brother" shirts. I think we'll make one or two of our own and maybe give them to Ozzy for Christmas and that will be how we tell Daniel's side of the family. We told him mom and dad early on last time (with Ozzy, not the mc), and then when we finally told the whole family his mom was like, "They made me keep it a secret" in this sad, pathetic voice. Ha! So we are just going to spare her the torture this time around. :)

Aww loving all telling of family fun :) cant wait to tell its such a fun thing to do.. though i think our families will take it a bit different.. they will all be happy but i think my mom will be shocked as it will be work with 3 kids.. but it will be my last.. :) Happy and sad to think about..

Harley, I'm glad you had fun telling the family. I got to tell DH's sister, although the rest of his family will find out this Sunday. The reason I told her is because she's making a calendar for my in-laws with pictures of all their kids and grandkids, and so my SIL needed me to tell her an "important dates' to put on the calendar. So in the email I sent, I wrote: July 26th- Koch baby #2's due date! After a while I got a really excited text from her. :winkwink:

Rojo, you're so close now!!! These next two weeks will just fly by. :)

Blessed, I'm sorry you and your family have been dealing with the flu. It's been a stomach bug for us. We visited friends in Arizona, and didn't realize that their daughter was contagious at the time, and so I had a puking baby and a puking husband during the long 12 hour drive home. Let's just say I'm sick of the smell of vomit at this point. It's a good thing I don't have any MS at this point, or I probably would have joined them! :haha:

Pie, I think Christmas would be a great time to announce! I wish I could have waited, but I was right to tell early. After I told my family, my grandma said, "You know, I was looking at your stomach the other day and thinking that it looked a little big." I don't think she understands that it's not a compliment at this point, since it's mostly bloat. :dohh:

Here's me trying to suck in my stomach today at 5+3 weeks.

Attachments

• 5+3 weeks.JPG
    5+3 weeks.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 0
aww lovely bloat bump.. :) spiffy.. I hope no one notices mine for a bit lol

I agree, Spiffy. That bump is pretty cute.

Is that your Christmas tree, Melissa? It's so pretty!

Are you all getting Christmas trees this year? Daniel and I are still "debating" over it. I really want to get one, but he thinks it will be too much work to keep it safe from hurricane Ozzy. I agree it will be a lot of extra work, but I think it would be worth it.

What's your experience with mixing little ones and trees?

Thanks, ladies. It feels nice to know that I have a little bump even after I suck in most of the bloat. :haha:

As for trees, I used to do daycare for a little boy, and he would go after the Christmas tree like it was candy (he was 7 or 8 months old at the time), but my DD isn't even close to crawling yet, so I think we're going to be just fine. :winkwink: I'm putting mine up tomorrow.

My mom and sister got over excited last week and it's already up! DD has rolled over to it many times and helped her self to whatever decoration she fancies... She's not even crawling yet! :haha: I think when we do get our own place and when Christmas comes around, we'll get one of those little ones you can put up somewhere to stand out of their reach. I mean, c'mon... We're going to have 2 little hurricanes by next Christmas afterall! :rofl:

Ah, so much to catch up on! Sorry I haven't been around much past week but with Thanksgiving be one of the busiest times for us at work and family events all weekend I've been kept pretty busy!

Spiffy, that is a great bloat bump! :thumbup:

As for putting up us putting up a tree this year; we live with my in-laws and I don't think that she will be putting up a tree. If she does, I think it will just be one of those small ones that goes on a table! :haha: It will be somewhat nice since Sam can't get into it that way but if we had our own place right now we would be putting one up! It is such a fun tradition in our family. Everyone that doesn't have a "mobile hurricane" right now is very lucky! I have to keep Sam out of EVERYTHING! He is like a full time job some days! :wacko:

Spiffy & Harley, glad to hear that telling your families went well! That is always so fun! We will tell our parents early on but always like to wait until 12 weeks to make the big announcement to friends.

Blessed, hope everything is well with you and your family and everyone is getting over the flu! That is no fun. :nope: We were in that boat last month and I feel like I did laundry for days!

Skadi, so glad you found someone for childcare. Hope everything works out for the best :flower: We have my SIL watch Sam and its a good fit though lately I am getting kinda frustrated with her and considered looking elsewhere for childcare :shrug: I know it would hurt them financially but I am kinda over being unhappy and something has to give...

Rojo, I can't believe you're so close to TTC!!! :happydance: That is super exciting!

AFM, Thanksgiving was insanely busy but kinda good! We went to my DH's aunt's house for dinner and then on Friday went to Mission Inn and hung out some friends. Saturday we just relaxed around the house as well as Sunday and spent time with DH's grammy and grandpa. Yesterday we took Sam to the mall to see Santa and he did GREAT! He walked up to him and just stared so we put him on his lap and he was all smiles! :cloud9:

Only a little less than 2 weeks until Sam's birthday party and I feel so unorganized. I need to get it together this week!

I can't believe how happy I am to be at work today. :haha: Its been a crazy past 5 days.

hmm tree, we have always had a real tree since we got married.. :) and that is almost 5 years ago.. no one has really bothered it too much.. bryce was scared when we first got it but is fine now.. crawls up to it but i move him.. lol no big deal.. since he isnt walking yet.. i would def put ornaments up higher.. we did that with mckenna, though it looked funny it was the best thing to do.. she is 3 now so knows not to touch.. :)

Yeah as soon as af comes were back at ttc... how is it going for the other ladies still ttc.. :)

Haking that is crazy how fast your little guy has grown.. time is going so fast.. :)

Bryce is 9.5 months..

Yes, time is flying! I can't believe all the stuff that has happened in the past year since he was born! Its insane! But so wonderful to look at him and know he is so perfect and all ours! :cloud9:

Rojo, it seems like you blink and they are 1! :haha: I can only imagine how fast time will go when they are in school!

As for us, TTC is still on hold! :haha: Still no AF and no BFP. Oh well, I am just taking it day by day and not stressing. Less than 3 weeks till I go to the doctors for a check-up and make sure everything is normal. Kinda looking forward to it since I haven't been since January. And it will really put my mind at ease seeing blood work results.

Really no af.. is that normal for you to be without for this long.. hmm strange.. i would be going crazy... lol props to you for not stressing..

Yes time certainly does fly.. my daughter will be 4 this summer and starting preschool.. now that is crazy.. I had to add my countdown ticker to bryce's first bday.. as its just sooo soon.. lol

No, this isn't normal for me to be without for so long. Though, since having Sam all my periods have been all over the place and I didn't even have one until I stopped breastfeeding. I had one other really long one; 55 days, and it was due to stress I think. I'm on CD 53 now so that means I skipped a whole period! :growlmad:

It is really hard to not get stressed about it but when I was getting stressed it wasn't helping it either so I figure I will just relax and see what happens. I might be able to get into the doctors earlier than I thought so hopefully I have some sort of answer before the holidays and can get going again.

4?! That is crazy! My nephew is 4 and to me that seems so far away but I bet it will be here before I know it.

aww cd53.. that just stinks.. isnt there stuff that can bring it on.. like doesnt agnus cactus do that.. i dont know.. never had problems of af staying away lol.. she just always shows.. :/

Yes 4, and time does go so much faster esp adding another one lol.. never stop now..

Hope you can get into the drs sooner so you can get checked out.. no fun waiting.. i know it lol..

Everyone getting ready for christmas... i cant wait :)

we have a kids gate around our tree to keep the little ones out. you can see it in this picture. normally im big on teaching them to obey me and not touch what i tell them not to. seasonal stuff is tricky though. its not worth it to work on something thats gonna be around for a month to me. lazy way out i guess :wacko:

2012-11-27_10.35.42.jpg

Blessed, that is funny but such a good idea about the gate! I would have never thought of that. Might be going that route next year :haha:

I've done some well, A LOT :blush: of research of how to get AF to show. I've tried a few but not consistantly so maybe that's why it didn't work. I am taking Angus Cactus now as one of my friends who had irregular periods and difficulty getting pregnant took it and said that it worked for her. See what happens. But seeing that blood work from the doctors will make me so much more happier to know what direction to go next.

i read some of that stuff for a while too hun. i read about soy pills. i was drinking soy milk for a while-not for that but cuz my LO has an allergy to milk proteins- but i thought it would make my af start. it didnt, but i was excited when i read it lol :blush: apparently it takes quite a bit more than whats in soy milk.:haha:

fxed she shows soon with or without help.. very annoying..

Haking and Blessed, I sure hope AF shows soon! I remember how frustrated I was during my 50 day cycle, so I can't even imagine having to wait as long as you two have. :hugs:

The baby gate is an awesome idea, Blessed! I would do that too if I needed it. My LO can roll, but only one direction still, and she doesn't roll after things she wants. She just gets onto her stomach, and then goes back to her back without any rhyme or reason to it. :dohh:

Here's our tree :xmas9: (This was from last year, but it will look the same this year, just without presents for a while since we're procrastinators :haha:) It's pretty small, but until we get a bigger house, that works in our favor. ;)

Attachments

• 002smaller.jpg
    002smaller.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79