Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Thats exactly how I'm feeling Kalyrra! I want to let my body sort itself out, but I want to have normal cycles NOW! I decide at the beginning of my cycle that I'm going to let my body do it's own thing, then I get to the TWW and wish I'd taken B6.
If I O today or tomorrow, I'll have a 6 day LP which is a lot better than 4 days. So if we don't catch the eggy this month, maybe my cycle will be ok next month. Not sure if folic acid does anything to your cycles but I've been taking that this month so maybe that helped?
We dtd tonight, so got our bases covered if I am oving now. I have pain on both sides though, so wonder if both ovaries are releasing an egg? The TTC stuff is confusing. I've promised hubby I'm not going to pee on any sticks next month and we'll just see how we go. :)

Hello fellow BFer's! My DD just turned 20 months two days ago. Can't believe it! I've had pretty regular cycles since last October, had a chemical in December, a lap in April for a dermoid cyst and now I'm 1 dpo. I had a positive opk and a temp spike this morning. Let the TWW begin! Wishing you all lots of Baby Dust and looking forward to getting our BFP's!!! :happydance:

:dust:

Hi ladies. Still no O here. I've lost count of where I'm at now but I think at least CD35!! I started taking vit B6 around CD14 so hopefully my LP will be longer this cycle than the last one - 7 days. I'm 41 so definitely feeling the pressure to get on with it. But like others have said, I don't really want to wean just yet. My LO loves her mummy milk and nothing will get in her way when she wants it! We bought her a new cup recently for cows milk and she does drink quite a lot of cows milk. She doesn't cut down how much mummy milk she has though. She just has lots of both! X

hi all,

I'm guessing I'm around 10dpo, not exactly sure, and as managing not the symptom spot

BUT the last 2 days I have got about 5 hormone spots on my jawline and around the base of my neck. this hasn't happened before post baby. but I did have horrendous hormone skin during my pregnancy and early breastfeeding days....

so, I'm hoping i might get a bfp in a few days, but if not I guess ,y hormones are doing all the raging for af......which can't be a bad thing right? fx

I am just starring to TTC #2 while breastfeeding. DS1 is 18 months and still nurses 4-5 times per day, he doesn't seem to want to wean! I am hoping that getting pregnant might make my milk supply go down gradually and have him wean without too much force.... I don't knw how long I want to breastfed, and I guess if he wants to tandem nurse I will. But I think I feel just about done for this babe.

I've really liked reading all your stories, and congrats to the ladies with BFP's!! That's really inspiring.

What are all your plans for BFing your older child?

My 28 month old still nurses throughout the night and nurses 2-3 times a day LOL!

Thankfully my cycles are pretty regular and my luteal phase is 10-12 days so no too short.

*mutters about breastfeeding & ttc*

Sooooo... I hate my body right now. lol I thought I was ovulating this weekend. My opk's were getting darker starting Saturday, got positive on Sunday (had a teeny bit of spotting, thought it might have been O spotting), and then yesterday they were darn close to positive still. I had EWCM, and Sunday was very wet with ewcm. Last night the spotting got a bit heavier.

This morning, woke up and have cramping like AF and lots of darker red spotting like AF... had a ton of bloody cm. But only when I wipe, it hasn't made it to my panty liner at all, but I know it's got to be AF. It's too dark and with the cramps? *sigh* It's only been 19 or 20 days since my last bleeding ended!!

Breastfeeding might be great for kiddo, but it sucks for TTC!!! :wacko:

I know what you mean! I think we will just have to wait it out. Plenty ladies get pg while bfeeding while other have to wean. We just have to keep trying and hope we are the lucky ones!! I'm not ready to start weaning yet so I'm going to give the B6 a go and see what happens x

My luteal phase is about 11 days (one month it was 9, but usually 11/12),., do I need to take b6 or am I ok?

I am just starring to TTC #2 while breastfeeding. DS1 is 18 months and still nurses 4-5 times per day, he doesn't seem to want to wean! I am hoping that getting pregnant might make my milk supply go down gradually and have him wean without too much force.... I don't knw how long I want to breastfed, and I guess if he wants to tandem nurse I will. But I think I feel just about done for this babe.

I've really liked reading all your stories, and congrats to the ladies with BFP's!! That's really inspiring.

What are all your plans for BFing your older child?

hi jokerette, I just read ur bf'ing story, and apart from nursery a I'm a sahm, and the surgery, I feel like I'm reading my own story! it made me a bit emotional! gl with ttc! fx u get a bfp soon x

I'm officially lost! Another +ve on a opk today. CD 22, AF due in 6 days, so so confused!! This is the second lot of +ve opks this month. I'm feeling dizzy, sick, backache and stupidly tired, but I'm only 6 dpo if I go by previous +ve ovulation tests. I don't think it's due to preg symptoms, I'm just tired and fed up. I hate not knowing whats going on in my own body and hate the lack of control you have over TTC. I was feeling really calm about it all last week, and now I'm not!!!

I'm officially lost! Another +ve on a opk today. CD 22, AF due in 6 days, so so confused!! This is the second lot of +ve opks this month. I'm feeling dizzy, sick, backache and stupidly tired, but I'm only 6 dpo if I go by previous +ve ovulation tests. I don't think it's due to preg symptoms, I'm just tired and fed up. I hate not knowing whats going on in my own body and hate the lack of control you have over TTC. I was feeling really calm about it all last week, and now I'm not!!!

Awwww! :hug: How frustrating for you! It does sound like preg symptoms, and you can get +ve opks if you're pregnant. If you don't see AF soon, I'd test!

You don't have PCOS, right? I know that they can throw positives all the time, so most TTCers with PCOS can't use opks.

So far, I'm on CD 28. I think I'm about 3 DPO, maybe 4? I'm feeling a bit achy in my lower abdomen/pelvic area, possible due to ovulation. Or all the BDing! :rofl: But I'm really really hoping it's not AF getting ready to show! I might cry. lol Especially since hubby is super excited about having a 2nd one. I hate having to tell him that another cycle was a bust.

ugh! had been so good at putting it out of my mind, but tested on impulse this morning, bfn!

rubbish, I'm pretty sure it would be a bfp if my skin breakout was a symptom as had for a few days . :-(

Kalyyra: I don't have pcos, but I do have polycystic ovaries. I wonder if thats whats throwing it? I'd never thought of that. Poor hubby had me crying all over him last night!
I really hope that's a bubba snuggling in there and not AF on her way. So lovely that your OH is looking forward to another baby!

Teeny: BFN's suck xxx hugs xxx

I'm still feeling the same today, bit sick, tired and weird in my pelvis. Problem is I know all this could just be due to progesterone levels! Urgh! and I still have 3 days till I can let myself test!

:hi: ladies. I finally got a positive opk this morning. I looked back on here and found out the last time I got a positive was 24th June. Nearly 7 weeks! Hopefully it was a one-off because it was my first PP cycle.

Jokerette - I think your luteal phase has to be at least 9-10 days, so you should be fine

Iow-bird - sounds confusing. Maybe its still too early for a BFP to show up

Does anyone know if it's ok to take Vit B6 for the whole cycle or if you should stop after O?

Baby dust to all!

Does anyone know if it's ok to take Vit B6 for the whole cycle or if you should stop after O?

Baby dust to all!

You can take it for the whole cycle, or just part of it. Whatever works for you! Just make sure you don't take too much! I think 50mg is the recommended dose. I've heard if you go 200mg or higher, you can cause nerve damage to yourself.
Some women take a smaller dose of it between AF and O, then a higher dose after O until AF reappears to help lengthen their LP. Not sure if it helps more than just taking the same dose all the time? :shrug:

Well, I think I'm going to be out again. I'm feeling a teeny bit crampy/weighted pressure in my uterus/pelvic area, just like I always do before AF... So I expect to see the :witch: in the next couple days. I think I'm only 4 DPO today. 4 or 5, not sure which. I sure wish my LP would lengthen itself! :cry:

I think I'm 8dpo, (or possibly 2 dpo)? so confused, wondering what the hell is going on with me!! I've got twinges (like round ligament pain) had some stabbing pains in my pelvic area, feeling a bit crampy and my back hurts. I also have a sore nipple, which is just awesome.
Stupidly I tested today, yep BFN, obviously! Then I got all sad and cried. Then I told myself I was being ridiculous and turned on BnB to see how you ladies were getting on!

Kylarra: I really hope thats a wee beanie snuggling up and not AF about to show. Short LP sucks eh are you going to try B vitamins next month?

I'm just feeling a bit fed up today! :( I don't have crazy baby fever or anything. I have my gorgeous little dude and he's still only little! But I just don't like the idea of getting my hopes up if there's no chance I'm pregnant because either I'm not ovulating or I'm ovulating too late in my cycle. Does that make sense! If either of those situations are happening, I'm fine with it, but I just want to know! Ah well... I'm sure the next bubba will come along when it's good and ready. I don't know why I test so stupidly early! I always regret it!!

Oh and I was feeling so sick last night I ended up throwing up, and went to bed stupidly early! 7.30pm is a crap bedtime!

I'm out, af arrive yesterday........

on to the next month! this would be the cycle my dd was conceived on so I know if it takes a lot more then that I'm going to start getting really bummed!

so I've decided to be more pro active and stop using the move as an excuse not to take care or myself! I'm n the wagon, cutting down a bit n carbs (I'm a carb demon!!), no caffeine.....I had started drinkingf diet coke again, and cut it out, now I have a headache so may have been drinking more than I thought!

anyway, I'm over weight so I'm gonna try and bring that down a bit before I start thinking the worst!

Kylarra: I really hope thats a wee beanie snuggling up and not AF about to show. Short LP sucks eh are you going to try B vitamins next month?

I'm just feeling a bit fed up today! :( I don't have crazy baby fever or anything. I have my gorgeous little dude and he's still only little! But I just don't like the idea of getting my hopes up if there's no chance I'm pregnant because either I'm not ovulating or I'm ovulating too late in my cycle. Does that make sense! If either of those situations are happening, I'm fine with it, but I just want to know! Ah well... I'm sure the next bubba will come along when it's good and ready. I don't know why I test so stupidly early! I always regret it!!

I don't remember having the same pre-AF feelings with my son. I didn't have hardly any symptoms with him until after AF was due.

I know it's probably not as reliable with breastfeeding, but if you end up being out this cycle, maybe try BB temping? Then you can see if you actually ovulate after your +opks and don't have to keep guessing? I keep thinking about trying it, but I'm too lazy to do it at the same time every morning and they would be inaccurate. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->