Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

ha ha, yes bd'ing when u have a toddler can be a struggle!

hehe, both kids are in bed by 6.30-7pm, and Noah doesn't wake up until 9-10pm for a feed. so we have a few hours, only problem we have is that Noah is in our bedroom still and I can't bd with him in the room, so we're on the lounge floor on a duvet! My back is getting sore!!! I just finished reupholstering a rocking chair so I can feed at night in the kids room, so he's going into his own room before next cycle! x

Teeny: I left LO with my husband, and he was giving him milk that I'd pumped and put in the freezer. So he got bottles, and then twice a day he gets solids. I just had to pump while I was gone, which was a pain! :haha:

Leeze: My cycles have been weird since I got my first AF. The first time I bled, it was about 8 days long and super light. That cycle was 19 days long, and I don't think I ovulated at all. The next AF was only 3 days long and still light, but I did actually ovulate on day 10. That cycle only lasted 16 days. Then AF that time was really heavy and lasted 6 days. I'm now on CD23 and haven't ovulated yet.

Dino - congratulations!!!! Soooo excited for you! :happydance:

kalyrra, I did this with my lo for 24 hrs when she was 7 months, and got my first af a week later, so maybe the break with kick start some more hormones to help your cycle to return to pre baby? xxx

urgh.... I've been visited by the lovely thrush fairy! ick!! Wonder if it's the excessive BDing, or the preseed we're using?

How are you all going? I'm assuming I'm in the 2ww now. Going to try not to test until AF is due. Pretty sure, looking at my calendar, that we BDed the evening before I Oed :) So we're in with a chance. But not holding my breath as I'm not sure how long I've had thrush and I'm not sure if that will affect our chances?

urgh.... I've been visited by the lovely thrush fairy! ick!! Wonder if it's the excessive BDing, or the preseed we're using?

Darn fairy visited me about a week ago too. I do think that the excessive BDing probably has a bit to do with it - especially if it's the TTC kind because we don't get up and use the bathroom right away since we want to give the swimmers the best chance. So any bacteria probably also has a chance to get settled in too, instead of being washed out.

Still waiting on O here. Day 24... nothing yet. *sigh*

I'm in my tww but not sure how far, dd has been sick for 9 days so all my dates are a foggy mess!

still I guess il find out in a week or so!

I just saw this thread after posting a question earlier about TTC while BFing...obviously there are WAY too many pages to back read! Anyone here struggle with a short luteal phase while BFing?? I have one normally, had a short one while trying with my first and I had to take progesterone supplements which I will be doing again. My luteal phase is only 6 days now though! It use to at least by 9. I spotted a lot for the first two weeks of pregnancy with my daughter...not sure how this is going to work out while BFing.

Well, I got a very positive opk this evening. I don't think I took one yesterday, because I had been seeing really thick, snotty CM the past few days. Hubby and I BD'd night before last, so yesterday I thought the more EWCM I was seeing was "leftovers". Well, today it was super watery EWCM so I took a test this evening, and it's way darker than the control line. It looks like this: ll

So we BD'd again, and will try to the next couple days.

Here's hoping my LP is longer than it was last time! :wacko: I haven't been taking my B vitamins this cycle, go figure. :dohh:

lysh - welcome! :flower: Yes, right now my luteal phases are super short due to breastfeeding and my cycles trying to regulate. If they don't even out this time around, I might look into taking some vitex.

Teeny- awww, so sorry your dd has been sick! That is so rough! I hope she gets better soon! :hugs:

KAlyrra: Yay on the positive test!! Mine have only just been positive, but I seem to get darker ones 4 days before AF comes. So I just have no idea what my body is up to! Hope you have a longer LP this month!!! xxxx

KAlyrra: Yay on the positive test!! Mine have only just been positive, but I seem to get darker ones 4 days before AF comes. So I just have no idea what my body is up to! Hope you have a longer LP this month!!! xxxx

Mine get darker before AF comes too, they are just shy of looking positive but not quite there. Our LH levels can rise before AF, but I don't think they "surge" like before O.

Now I kind of wish I had taken an opk on Thursday so I had caught it on the upswing. Oh well. If I hadn't been paying attention to my CM, I would have missed it altogether!

I'm trying to decide if I should start taking my B vitamins again or if that would really throw me off? I might wait and start taking them next cycle.

Mine look more positive just before AF than midcycle, which worries me. I wonder if my body is gearing up to O midcycle and doesn't, then tries again just before AF and suceeds? Damn thing is so confusing! If I Oed last week we BDed at the right time, and if I didn't I guess there's nothing I can do about it now!

I'm actually doing quite well this TWW and not symptom spotting, obsessing or googling manically! This is a big improvement for me!!! I feel strangely calm, and I'm not expecting to get a BFP this month. Hope I keep feeling like this until AF arrives, hubby will appreciate having a sane wife!

So I am taking it that having a short luteal phase is normal while BFing? I just do not see how it is possible to conceive and not miscarry with a LP of 6 days.....even though I have progesterone supplements I am still not sure that is enough. I spotted for two weeks after conceiving my daughter and that was the progesterone. If getting an appt. with my doc was not so difficult I would talk this over with him.....we wanted to start ttc next month, but I am not sure how smart that is. Has there been anyone in this group who successfully conceived and had a successful pregnancy with a really short LP?

I think B6 is good for lengthening your LP. Thats what a few of the others have used, you'd have to go back and read through the first few pages though. I'm waiting for my 3rd PP AF to show up, due in about 10days. My first 2 LP's were 4 days, I'm back to 14 days this month is AF shows up when it's due. I had a 28day cycle right from my first PP cycle when my LO was 5months, I was just Oing at about CD24, which sucked!
We still "tried" when I got a positive OPK, but there is no way of knowing if you got the sperm and the egg in the right place at the right time as there wouldn't be enough time for the egg to implant, no HCG produced and therefore no BFP to show you you'd had a chemical. As I wouldn't know anything about it, this didn't bother me too much (although I did have a hormonal weep on hubby about it the first month).
Maybe pay a trip to your Dr, and discuss it with them? Or give B6 or vitex a go? I preferred to let my body sort itself out, but I'm still letting my cycle regulate. If I was several months past my cycles returning, I would probably give something herbal to try before going to the DR.

I got pregnant while I was BFing my DD, she would have been about 14months old. I don't think my LP was short then though.

I'm laughing at myself today, after writing that I was doing really well, not symptom spotting.... guess who's been feeling crampy today and reading way too much into it!! I'm only 4 dpo, I need to stop!!!

It is so hard not to symptom spot. The problem with me, is that I already have a short cycle and LPD, so I am sure the breastfeeding will not help. I use to have a LP of 8-9 days, which is not great, but the progesterone did its job and I was able to have a successful pregnancy. 6 days is crazy short though. I am turning 35 tomorrow, so I feel the pressure to start ttc soon. I do not want to wean my daughter right now because she is still obsessed with nursing and it would be really hard on us both. Ugh....decisions! :)

It is so hard not to symptom spot. The problem with me, is that I already have a short cycle and LPD, so I am sure the breastfeeding will not help. I use to have a LP of 8-9 days, which is not great, but the progesterone did its job and I was able to have a successful pregnancy. 6 days is crazy short though. I am turning 35 tomorrow, so I feel the pressure to start ttc soon. I do not want to wean my daughter right now because she is still obsessed with nursing and it would be really hard on us both. Ugh....decisions! :)

bit b6 lengthened my by about 2 day, worth a try?

Sorry in advance for the rant.
I just got ewcm, and opk's looking nearly +ve again. Am I ovulating now instead of when I thought? Or ovulating twice?? or is this just weird LP body craziness??? So annoyed, and we haven't BDed in about 6 days dues to the thrush fairy visit. Going to have to seduce DH tonight now, but if I am oving now, I'll have a 6 day LP. Hmmm I may have to get some B6 next cycle.

Yeah, I might try some B6, guess it would not hurt!

Well, hopefully I actually ovulated this time. I'm going to guess that I ovulated on Saturday, although I have no way of knowing for sure. I think we have our bases covered as we DTD on Wed, Fri, Sat and today. Not sure if we should dtd tomorrow too, or skip a day. Guess it'll depend on DH.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I know my luteal phases are short right now. Today is CD 26, and so far it's the longest cycle I've had. Up until now, 20 days was the longest. So I don't expect to have a long LP, unfortunately.

I haven't been taking the B6 this cycle, I was going to try to let my body work itself out. Now I'm wondering if I should be taking it. I know it's probably too late to help this cycle, but if AF comes, I'll probably start taking it. I'm sure it takes a month or two to really kick in and be effective??

I'm glad I am breastfeeding my son... but I would love it if my body would get back with the program sooner rather than later! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->