Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Do you have a link to your chart? You possibly ovulated on either August 19 or 20th but it's hard to say without seeing it. You need 6 low temps followed by 3 high temps to pinpoint ovulation. Not just one low dip :)

Doing this from my phone, so hopefully this works. The gray temps right before the 19th were not accurate temps. Not sure of the temps prior to that or after the 19th were low enough compared to the 98.5-98.8 that my temp has been since the 23rd or so? Does that look like ovulation to you??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 5
I'm trying to conceive but am nursing my 14 month old. I got my first period July 30 and 41 days later Ive started to bleed again...I am pretty sure I ovulated the 31 of August...but I think I have a short luteal phase....I'm so confused...I don't even know if my fertility is back...

Welcome to the new ladies! :flower:

Layla - if you're ovulating then you're fertile! It's normal for your cycles to be a bit wonky while they're trying to come back. I think more than a few of us also had issues with short luteal phases. They will eventually work back up. Vitamin B6 is supposed to help with that. Waiting for it to normalize is the hard part!

I just finished my 4th cycle; while it wasn't back to complete normal, it was the closest yet. It was a 36 day cycle with a luteal phase of 12 days.

Seattle - have you tried just rocking your son back to sleep instead of feeding him for one of those times he wakes? My son wakes once a night here and there, but I just go rock him and he falls back asleep.

iow_bird - you're right, we are on close cycles together! CD 14 here! No ovulation yet, but my cm is starting to change a bit so I hope it'll be soon. :thumbup:

Welcome to the new ladies! :flower:

Seattle - have you tried just rocking your son back to sleep instead of feeding him for one of those times he wakes? My son wakes once a night here and there, but I just go rock him and he falls back asleep.:

He's only waking once now at night. We've been working on going to sleep by himself in his crib, and that's also helped him sleep longer, so now sleeps about 8 hours and wakes around 4 or 4:30am. I think it's going to be fairly easy to push that feeding back til it's gone, but trying to focus on just one thing at a time. He will not rock back to sleep in our arms ever unfortunately :( Another reason we've been working hard on him learning to fall asleep on his own.

His 4am feed is also very quick, and then back to bed. Except this week - he's a little sick AND teething and has been nursing like a fiend during the day. Last night I gave him extra cuddles and nursing to get him content enough to go back in the crib. Poor little guy needed it! But all the extra nursing this week makes me feel like I've pushed AF out again! Can that happen?

Thanks for the welcome, excited to be here, and to see some BFP announcements!

Thank you kalyrra...I've started b-6 as I've heard it helps lengthen the luteal phase. I was hoping to be one of those lucky moms who gets a nice surprise that she's pregnant but wasn't expecting it to be so soon!! Good luck to us all!!

Doing this from my phone, so hopefully this works. The gray temps right before the 19th were not accurate temps. Not sure of the temps prior to that or after the 19th were low enough compared to the 98.5-98.8 that my temp has been since the 23rd or so? Does that look like ovulation to you??

I think its possible you ovulated on the 22nd :)

Kalyrra: CD 14 here too :) No idea what my body's up to :)

Hello to the new ladies! x

We're ttc. My lg is 7m, still waking through the night and iv no signs of af yet :( so not feeling very positive about it tbh. My cycle didn't return till about 14m when feeding the boys

Ugh... waiting for ovulation is almost as bad as the TWW!! :haha: CD 15 and nothing yet. At least not according to the opks, but I'm still not sure if I trust them. I should just order a set of the kind I used to get. I just went with amazon because it was $5 cheaper. You get what you pay for, I guess. :dohh:

Seattle - my LO won't fall asleep unless he's rocked! I keep trying to work on putting him down and letting him fall asleep on his own. Sometimes he does okay for awhile, and sometimes he cries and cries until he's all worked up and it takes me half an hour to calm him down enough to be rocked to sleep.

CD 15 :) I had ewcm last night (TMI but after I'd been to the loo... does that still count)? and it had lots of brown in with it. Still spotting, and I'm having O pain on both sides. Managed to Bd a few days ago CD11, but I was feeling rough yesterday so no Bding for us last night. On a promise tonight though, so hoping we still have a chance of catching the eggy :) The ewcm took me a bit by surprise, didn't get any until CD 23 or something like that last month! I feel a lot more positive about me actually ovulating this month! :) yay!

Yay iow-bird!! Wouldn't it be cool if we could be bump buddies? :flower:

I think I'm going to O in the next day or two. CM isn't quite ewcm, but close... and opk is almost positive... not quite as dark as the CT, but close. (they're still lighter than my normal opk's, but I can at least tell if it's close to the control line color!)

We've been dtd every other day, and tonight is our normal night to BD, so will probably just do it every night the next few days, then back to every other day for a bit just in case.

I guess I'm technically leaving this group as my son weaned on Tuesday. (It was gradual for 3 months then mommy-led for the final feeding). It was bittersweet <3 FX for all of us to get those BFP soon!!

You don't need to leave if you don't want to jokerette! Hope you get your BFP very very soon x
Kalyrra: I would love to be bump buddies!! I hope with both get our BFPs really really soon! We'd have pretty much the same age difference too :)

u don't need to go jokerette! I'd actually be interested to hear how/if anything changes cycle wise!

AF arrived last night with zero warning - I've never been so happy to get my period! ;) I really thought that I'd sent my body back into suppression or that my cycle was still being wonky, but that was CD31 which is super normal for me. And now I know that I can nurse my sick and teething son all he wants without worrying!

I also had a dip in temp to 98.0 from 98.6 prior to my period starting, so that's interesting to see. Last month was the first time I ever charted my temp. Hopefully it will be easy to read this month. DH wants to try and time it for a girl (we always wanted a boy and a girl) but I also don't want to risk not getting pregnant, and I think I'd be just as happy with two little brothers :hugs:

So I guess we're officially trying this month! Crossing fingers I'll be seeing a BFP this time next month! :happydance:

Hi all. Hope you dont mind me joining in! my dd is nearly 16m and this is first month ttc! :)

Yay Seattle!!! That's great news! I hope your cycle stays normal!

Welcome, Geegees! :flower:

Well, I have taken a couple opk's today, and they're definitely positive. So I think I caught it on the upswing yesterday. I really should chart my BBT so I could know exactly which day I ovulate instead of guessing...lol I have no idea if I should count today as O day or not because I don't know how long after a + opk that I actually ovulate. I don't feel O pains like some of you do.

I think I'll count today as O day, assuming I O 12-24 hrs after my LH surge starts? or is it after it peaks? :shrug:

Meh, either way. lol Hubby and I dtd last night, will tonight and tomorrow too just to make sure our bases are covered!

Jokerette - yay! Glad you're staying! We'll all wean eventually too, it'd be nice to see how your cycles react, etc...! Not to mention getting help with weaning... lol

Hello! I hope it's ok if I join you ladies :)

I'm breastfeeding my almost 9-month old twins, and we are TTC #3. I got AF back 6 weeks postpartum, and it's been pretty regular since then even though I express 50+ oz per day :wacko:

Right now I'm on CD18, and pretty sure I'm going to ovulate tomorrow. No positive OPK yet, but I never had a positive with my twins, so I'm not too worried about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->