Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Teeny how exciting, congrats!!

Posting from my phone, sorry for typos! My mid cycle bleeding lasted a little over a week. Usually when that happens I still have a period at the normal time, but I was due yesterday and haven't seen her yet! Even with the pretty heavy bleeding I was still testing, last was on the 12th I think and totally stark white negative. I'm out of town at my sister's right now (who is 7 months pregnant and giving me baby fever!!) so I can't test til tomorrow! Having some nausea, cold symptoms, sciatic pain, but nothing that can't be attributed to travel. Really think there's no way this cycle, I am just ready to regulate! I feel like I am bleeding All. The. Time. Can low progesterone cause this?

Hi Brit: Sorry you're having a crappy time. I spotted for the first half of this cycle, it sucked so I'm feeling your pain, but probably not as badly! Are you having short cycles or was that definately midcycle bleeding? Hope it settles for you soon.

xxx

Well, I'm pretty sure we have our bases covered... we dtd Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun! Probably will again tonight too, but just for fun! :haha: I assume I ovulated somewhere between Friday and Sunday.

Oddly enough, I feel more relaxed this time around. Although I'm sure in the next 2 weeks, I'll probably start going bonkers. :rofl: I'm trying to keep my schedule busy so I don't have time to sit around the house and think about it. :dohh:

I'm quite confused! I'm on CD21, temps are low and have been flat for 9 days (97.3 for 4 days straight, 97.2 for 5 days straight), and no positive OPK yet. Yesterday, it was SO close to positive, but today it is much lighter and definitely negative. I had a long patch of very fertile cm, but it's now tapering off.

I'm worried that I'm not going to ovulate this month :(

I'm quite confused! I'm on CD21, temps are low and have been flat for 9 days (97.3 for 4 days straight, 97.2 for 5 days straight), and no positive OPK yet. Yesterday, it was SO close to positive, but today it is much lighter and definitely negative. I had a long patch of very fertile cm, but it's now tapering off.

I'm worried that I'm not going to ovulate this month :(

maybe you just missed seeing the LH surge with the test! It's definitely possible to miss it if you only take one OPK per day. As it gets closer I usually do 2 or 3 per day

Kalyrra: Sounds good!! We have our bases covered too, but not anywhere near as well this month! Never mind, we only BDed once all month the month we got our BFP with Noah :) I'm in the same boat right now, quite relaxed.... I am so going to go loopy in a weeks time though!
Dragonfly: I'm pretty sure I had a few annovulatory cycles to start with. Or maybe you have the wrong sensitivity OPKs or maybe you just missed the surge. xxx
hugs to everyone xx

Hi ladies

Kalyrra - thats an impressive amount of BD-ing! Fingers crossed you caught the egg. I dont know how you've got the energy!

Brit and Dragon - sorry for spotting and not getting clear OPKs - its amazing what BF can do to your cycles!

Iow - we only BD-d once the month I got pregnant with DD too! It only takes one time though!

Joker - it'll be interesting to hear from you the impact on your cycles of stopping BF

As for me - I got a surprise positive OPK this afternoon. OH and I have both got a cold and are really tired. Will try BD but I'm not too hopeful! Good news is this is CD14 so whatever happens it looks like my cycles are regulating. I started taking vitex this month so this may have helped.

Baby dust to all!

Hey all, I'm new to this thread but not to ttc lol I feel like my body is holding me hostage right now. I weaned my 2 year old DD 17 days ago and on CD 21. Within a couple of days I started experiencing copious amounts of ewcm that lasted for a week and a half. I wasnt able to temp at the time but I'd already had some signs of oving. I kind of thought that weaning would cause me to get af sooner than normal and definitely didn't expect all the ewcm. Now for the past five days or so I've been experiencing classic pms symptoms like frequent urination, cramps, headache, skin breakout. I'm on cd 38 today and no af. I usually have a 31 or 32 day cycle but the last 3 cycles is been 34. But 38 is just nuts! And I don't feel like it's going to start soon. Neg. test this morning so my body is just crazy. I was so looking forward to af so I could see if weaning improved fertility. Feel like a prisoner. So frustrated. Anyone ever deal with this? Any ways of kick starting my af?

Braven: Maybe weaning jump started your cycle? So I would take the last day of EWCM as possible ovulation and then expect AF 14 days after that? Good luck xx

So glad to find a forum full of bfing ladies with crazy cycles like me! Iow, I am pretty sure it was mid cycle, I've done this a million times before and I never have short cycles, but still no af so maybe it was an early period? Tested when I got home today and both opk and hpt were totally negative. Sounds like we have an exciting couple of weeks ahead of us in here, good luck everyone!!

That's kind of what I was thinking...so maybe it will show in the next couple of days. So weird though. Just can't wait for it to get here!

Welcome Braven. I'm on my third PP cycle and LO is 22 months. First one had luteal phase of 7 days, next one was 49 day cycle but with 14 day LT. This one seems more promising. Positive OPK yesterday.on CD14 and we DTD last night. So, I'm officially in 2WW!

I've been taking Vit B6 for 2 cycles and vitex for this cycle. Not sure if it these helped, but something feels more normal for me this cycle.

Good luck everyone! x

I'm assuming I'm 4 dpo today :) nothing exciting happening, although I might be as much as 7 dpo.... who knows! I actually quite like not knowing! It's like I've given up trying to control it and it's gotten a whole heap less stressful :)

How you doing Kalyrra? hehe, I like having a cycle buddy!

Iow-bird. I just voted and it says Noah has currently got the most votes! Good luck.

I'm 1dpo so only a few days behind you. Lets hope its a very fertile month for us all! X

Wouldn't it be lovely if we had a few nice BFPs this month :) I don't even mind not getting one as long as one or 2 of us do! xx

Leeze :) yay thanks for voting :) didn't realise there were 3 of us cycling on the same schedule! :) exciting!

If you ladies have 2 mins can you vote for Noah? He's up for baby of the day :) you can vote twice per isp. https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/community/baby-of-the-day/vote-for-todays-winner/

I'm assuming I'm 4 dpo today :) nothing exciting happening, although I might be as much as 7 dpo.... who knows! I actually quite like not knowing! It's like I've given up trying to control it and it's gotten a whole heap less stressful :)

How you doing Kalyrra? hehe, I like having a cycle buddy!

I voted! He's still leading! Yay!

I'm doing okay! I'm assuming I'm 3 or 4 dpo too. It IS fun having a cycle buddy! I mean, it's fun having all of us to follow because it keeps the whole month busy... but it's nice to be at the same time as someone too! :flower:

How's everyone coming along? LO has a cold, so it has been a long night or two. Spent last night in a recliner holding him so he could breathe. Poor little guy!

How's everyone coming along? LO has a cold, so it has been a long night or two. Spent last night in a recliner holding him so he could breathe. Poor little guy!

Its so hard when they're ill, isnt it? My LO has got a bit of a cold too. The worst bit is a cough that keeps waking her up. I'm really tired at the moment and am telling myself its good practice for being pregnant! I was so tired during first trimester with my LO. Not sure how people do it - in terms of coping with a pregnancy when you've also got a baby or toddler to look after!

I really don't know when my TWW is over LOL
I have been getting weird OPKs the last 2 weeks. Since I have long irregular cycles and still nursing, I don't know when I was due to really ovulate. Didn't notice too much CM between now and my last period (8/8-8/13). I had a few days where it SEEMED like my opk was giving me a positive which was 9/7 so we dtd that day, then the next day and have been doing so every 2-3 days since. I have been testing and have been getting BFN's. Opks are still weird, some will show a slight positive and then others show a negative. All HPT show negative. I keep feeling like AF is going to show up any day now- cramps and I have been craving chocolate, which I only crave a week or two before the wicked witch shows her face. The only hopeful signs I have is fatigue, really hard nipples and I noticed Montgomery's tubercles around my nipple, but with STILL breastfeeding, I don't know if those last two matter. While nursing my skin crawls, like I can't stand him being latched on anymore. Ugh. I hate waiting. I am going to TRY not to test until the end of the month unless AF shows up before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->