Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

I had been taking opks for the last month and just last night got a positive! We dtd but I noticed thus am that opk now shows a negative. Hmmm could I have gotten a false positive? So worried! Had some tan light brown discharge and been cramping, not sure if it's a good sign or if AF is on her way :/

Hello :) Had some nice ewcm today :) and my lovely brother has taken both kids to buy some fish for his tank, so needless to say me and hubby ran straight to bed :) hehe! I'm actually loving not opking, so won't be going back to that unless it gets to near the year mark of TTC. I'm assuming I'm going to O tomorrow or possibly today. hehe, more bding tomorrow either way!

Kalyrra: I would assume you O tomorrow and get some more bding in if you get time!!! :) 12-36 hrs after peak of LH surge I think.

Hello to the new ladies :) there's quite a lot of us playing the TTC while nursing game now! :)

claudia: Is this your first cycle post partum? I had +opks right before AF for a few months while my cycle was sorting itself out. But I've also had a lot of midcycle spotting this month, so who knows! xx

Opk this morning shows my LH is on the down-swing. It's still pretty dark, but not positive anymore.

iow-bird - yay for some BD alone time! Last night, we stuck LO in his jumper seat and put Elmo on, then escaped to the bedroom for 20 minutes. lol It'd be nice if we could take our time about it but we always seem to have to rush for one reason or another.

I was thinking about maybe trying to temp next cycle. Then I could see how long after my surge that I ovulate approximately, so I'd have a better idea what dpo I am and when to BD. We're using SMEP though, so hopefully our bases are covered.

It would also tell me how long my LP was, since right now it's a guessing game! I thought I had a 12 day LP last cycle, but since I don't know exactly when I ovulate it could have been anywhere from 11-13! :dohh: I just don't know if I have the discipline to temp. :haha:

Dragonfly Wing - welcome! :flower:

We are going to try now, my AF are finally starting to be slightly more regular... My DD will be 1 next month but She and I both are still enjoying breastfeeding. My plan of action for TTC is to DTD every other day once this AF finishes, it seemed to work last year to conceive, so fingers crossed :)

hi guys,

kalyrra, putting ur lo in the jumper cracked me up! I wish I could do that with my lo! if its not during her nap, we r out for the day (dh works eves!) I don't think we will ever manage a third child unless his shift changes as lo will have given up naps by then!!!

so I tested this morning 11dpo and got a very very faint line BUT I'm pretty sure it didn't appear till after the time! a thought I saw something but I always think I see something iykwim!!
so chalking it down to an Evan, don't want to get excited as an evap got me before and I was gutted.

I've had no symptoms but I didn't with dd either, In fact the cycle we did conceive her it came as a massive shock as no symptoms! also I had implantation bleeding on 10 dpo so had thought for a day and a half af was on way as was cramping, then got a bfp and was blown away!

I have one ic left so may test again this eve if no af (due today) then if no clear line or af tomorrow I'll prob cave and splurge on a frer!

urgh, hate the waiting game!

hi guys,

kalyrra, putting ur lo in the jumper cracked me up! I wish I could do that with my lo! if its not during her nap, we r out for the day (dh works eves!) I don't think we will ever manage a third child unless his shift changes as lo will have given up naps by then!!!

so I tested this morning 11dpo and got a very very faint line BUT I'm pretty sure it didn't appear till after the time! a thought I saw something but I always think I see something iykwim!!
so chalking it down to an Evan, don't want to get excited as an evap got me before and I was gutted.

I've had no symptoms but I didn't with dd either, In fact the cycle we did conceive her it came as a massive shock as no symptoms! also I had implantation bleeding on 10 dpo so had thought for a day and a half af was on way as was cramping, then got a bfp and was blown away!

I have one ic left so may test again this eve if no af (due today) then if no clear line or af tomorrow I'll prob cave and splurge on a frer!

urgh, hate the waiting game!

My DH works swing shift, so he goes back and forth between days and nights. The problem is that he works 12 hr shifts, so he's gone for over 13 hrs by the time he drives to and from. We usually try to wait til LO goes down for the night, but when he has to get up at 4:30 a.m., he likes to be in bed early. That makes it difficult, thus the bouncy! :haha:

Ooooh, fingers crossed that it's your bfp!! :thumbup:

aaahhhh! my ic is all dented where the line should be! I took it anyway and there does seem to be a line, but again, not visible till outside the window!

off to get a frer! wish me luck!

Ooh. Teeny - this sounds very promising! Fingers crossed x

Ooo let us know how you get on Teeny! I hate IC's mine got thrown away as I kept getting evaps. Have 2 FRER in the cupboard waiting for AF due date ... (if I make it that far)!

just got a :bfp: on frer!

took less than 2 mins to show up! :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
claudia: Is this your first cycle post partum? I had +opks right before AF for a few months while my cycle was sorting itself out. But I've also had a lot of midcycle spotting this month, so who knows! xx

I have been having periods for a solid year now, though not always consistent. According to the app I use to keep track of my periods, I am due for AF October 8th and says I would've ovulated Sept. 4-9 which I think is wrong and opks at that time were all def. neg. and just this last Thursday I got a promising opk. But then the next day it was back to negative, so I'm kind of confused. I got another opk today that looked promising. Either way, we are DTD every 2 days just to how this goes. It's the first time trying since my period ended mid August.

Me but for some reason I've not stopped bleeding for 17 days :dohh: I feel like it's never going to happen :nope:

Well, I think it's safe to say I'm past ovulation. Not sure if I O'ed on Fri or Sat. I kind of feel like it was Friday, but I have nothing to base that feeling on! lol I'm going to try not to count my DPO's this time around, and just know that I'm due somewhere between the 25th and 29th for AF. We'll see how far I make it! :haha:

On another note, this is a really good article to read: https://mamaseeds.com/blog/baby-sleep-training/new-mamas-get-nothing-done-and-other-untruths/

thanks guys!

just for those who are interested, this was our 6th cycle, 5 months of trying, which was exactly the same with dd. plus we have had the stress of moving countries and starting fresh. so I don't think bf impacted much. I took b6 and b complex and multi vits from cycle 2 I think, but my min LP was ten days so only added a day or so on.

dd started sleeping thru withou a feed at 12 1/2 months and then i encouraged dd to drop down to two feeds between 13 and 14 months and feel my hormones def seemed to return to my more normal pre preg status on those feeds, but she was a boobie demon so was still feeding 8+ times day and night when she had free access!

here's hoping I have a sticky bean!

thanks you for all your support and fx and baby dust to you all xxxx

Congratulations Teeny!! :) So exciting and so pleased for you!!!

Kalyrra: I Oed this weekend at some point too :) hehe, not entirely sure when, but damn sure I did! I'm trying not to count dpo or symptom spot this month, so we can not symptom spot together! Good luck :)

Hugs to everyone else!

AFM: I'm quite happily post O and not stressing "as yet"! We've got quite a lot going on at the moment outside of TTC, so thats keeping my mind off it nicely. Hubby has applied for a job at the other end of the North Island of New Zealand, so we could have quite big move coming up. We moved to NZ 5 yrs ago, but this seems bigger, probably cos we've got 2 kids and a house to sell this time (just to clarify we're selling the house not the kids)! So it's taking a lot of energy trying to work everything out even though he hasn't been for interview yet!

Huge congratulations Teeny. Really great news. Wishing you much joy and happiness XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->