Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

So I need to talk about my conflicted feelings... I figure you all would understand this best.

OH is super excited about TTC and thinks we should pick a date for when I'll wean LO if I haven't gotten pregnant. LO is 12 mo and only nurses morning and night. I've been pumping once during the day at work, but I'm fine with quitting that and will be this week. I'm hesitant to wean if she's not ready. I like the idea that it helps with her immunity, esp with her just starting day care last week.

Another factor is that a lot rides us getting pregnant. We will be making a big move across the country to be closer to family after we have #2. I think OH is anxious for that to happen as well. We've talked about the fact that we can't control when we get pregnant and we need to be happy where we are, etc., but I know he wants a baby ASAP. He has acknowledged that he can't emotionally feel that bond that breastfeeding gives so he can't understand my hesitancy to let it go.

I would love to get pregnant while breastfeeding and kind of go from there, but I know it lowers my chance of conceiving. I'm on board for conceiving asap, but hesitant to wean. Any thoughts of how to reconcile all of this? Any responses are appreciated.

AF got me today. On plus side I got a bit of period pain, which I'm taking as a good sign as its the first time I've had pain since before getting pregnant.

Jokerette - I got goose pimples looking at your lines getting darker! So exciting

Radkat - ny LO is nearly 2 and I'm still reluctant to wean! Partly because she's not a great eater and also because I mainly nurse her to sleep still. Saying that, there's part of me that wishes I did it sooner because I think it'll have a bigger emotional impact on her now. Mainly because she asks for it a lot and gets upset if she doesn't get it. Do you feel ready for second one otherwise? How old are you? I'm 41, which means I really need to get on with it!

Iow-bird, happy birthday to your daughter and that's exciting news that you're another step nearer to yournew home x

So I need to talk about my conflicted feelings... I figure you all would understand this best.

OH is super excited about TTC and thinks we should pick a date for when I'll wean LO if I haven't gotten pregnant. LO is 12 mo and only nurses morning and night. I've been pumping once during the day at work, but I'm fine with quitting that and will be this week. I'm hesitant to wean if she's not ready. I like the idea that it helps with her immunity, esp with her just starting day care last week.

Another factor is that a lot rides us getting pregnant. We will be making a big move across the country to be closer to family after we have #2. I think OH is anxious for that to happen as well. We've talked about the fact that we can't control when we get pregnant and we need to be happy where we are, etc., but I know he wants a baby ASAP. He has acknowledged that he can't emotionally feel that bond that breastfeeding gives so he can't understand my hesitancy to let it go.

I would love to get pregnant while breastfeeding and kind of go from there, but I know it lowers my chance of conceiving. I'm on board for conceiving asap, but hesitant to wean. Any thoughts of how to reconcile all of this? Any responses are appreciated.

Are you charting your cycles to see if you ovulate? If so it really shouldn't effect your chances. I saw no difference in my temps or cycles when I weaned from Breastfeeding. I would not wean until either you or baby are ready... Don't let anyone else even DH make you feel like you need to to conceive. I really think I would have still gotten pregnant regardless of weaninh

I didn't wean my DD to get pregnant with DS. It took longer to get pregnant when I wasn't breastfeeding! :)
I'm a great believer in letting nature take it's course, I stopped offering at 24months and she stopped on her own within a month. I was 7 months pregnant with DS and ready to stop, but it was harder on me, she just did it naturally.
Can you not plan the move now? Deal with the factors you can control without it impacting on breastfeeding... and you know what they say.... new house new baby!!!

Radkat - I totally understand where you're coming from! DS is going to be 10 months old next week, and we're down to 4 feeds per day. When I was pregnant, I had originally planned to BF for around 6 months. Well, I enjoyed it so much I decided to go for a year. I'm still enjoying it to be honest. I don't want to stop at a year, but I also want another one.

If you're actually ovulating, I wouldn't think that 2 feeds per day would be keeping you from getting pregnant. Are your cycles regular yet, or are they still skipping around a bit?

It took me 7 months to get pregnant with DS, so I half expect it to take at least that long this time around if not a bit longer since the first couple months, my cycle was fussy because of breastfeeding. I don't want to wait too long for #2, for several reasons...but I'm not ready to wean DS either.

Jokerette - I know this is probably invading your personal life... so feel free to tell me to buzz off, but may I ask what you guys did as far as BDing this past cycle? :blush: I mean, I know it only takes once, but I'm always interested in finding out in comparison to ovulation dates!

Leeze - sorry AF got you, but happy to hear it sounds as though your body is on it's return to normalcy!

Thanks for everyone's replies. I really appreciate your feedback.

Leeze - I thought about her getting more attached to bf as she gets older. I'm totally ready for a second baby and would love to get pregnant soon. I'm 36, almost 37, so I don't feel like I can't wait forever, but still have some time, hopefully!

Jokerette - This is my first cycle temping. I did OPKs last month and got 2 very dark days and a good AF at the end of that cycle. I know that doesn't mean that I definitely ovulated though. I'm hoping the temping will give me some more information for this month. I'd like to think I am ovulating even though we're still doing 2-3 bf.

Iow_bird - The move is a bit complicated. I'm not sure how long it will take me to find a job and I want to make sure my pregnancy and delivery will be covered by insurance. I have good insurance with my current job and want to take advantage of that for baby#2. Plus, part of me would feel guilty if I was pregnant and looking for a job or if I got pregnant right away since I'd have to take maternity leave so quickly.

Kalyrra - I think last cycle was my first regular cycle. Before that they were irregular and I was spotting, so I'm not sure I was ovulating. We got very lucky with our first pregnancy and got pregnant right away, so I think OH half expects it to happen again, even though he knows that was unusual. While I don't wish my ambivalence on anyone, it's nice to know other people empathize!

My plan is to keep bf morning and night for now and see what happens. And try to deflect OH on the weaning for awhile. :) Thanks again, everyone! :flower:

l

Jokerette - I know this is probably invading your personal life... so feel free to tell me to buzz off, but may I ask what you guys did as far as BDing this past cycle? :blush: I mean, I know it only takes once, but I'm always interested in finding out in comparison to

We BD'd on the morning ovulation day, as well as the three days before ovulation. So four days in a row. We used preseed some times but not everytime. We did different positions. I always put my feet and hips up for at least 10 minutes after wards and I waited at least 45 mins before peeing.
I stopped drinking caffeine about a week before O also

We BD'd on the morning ovulation day, as well as the three days before ovulation. So four days in a row. We used preseed some times but not everytime. We did different positions. I always put my feet and hips up for at least 10 minutes after wards and I waited at least 45 mins before peeing.
I stopped drinking caffeine about a week before O also

Thanks! I was drinking caffeine like a fiend when I got pregnant with LO because I was working 12 hr night shifts. I quit when I found out. I still don't drink a ton now because I'm still breastfeeding, but I should probably avoid it that week too!

I noticed your signature as far as the possible chemical??!!! I'm crossing my fingers and praying really hard for you! :hugs:

Hey Jokerette. Really hope that bean sticks for you. I'm pretty sure I had a chemical this month, had a faint positive day before AF showed, then still felt odd after AF and got another faint positive on a different brand of test. Tested again the next day and nothing :( fingers crossed for you xxxx

Hi ladies, thought I'd drop in from the BFing forum. I've just had my copper coil out and waiting for a "normal" cycle before ttc. How are you ladies finding TTC while BFing? Any successes?

How are you doing Jokerette?? I've been thinking of you xxx

Hello frizbee :) We've had a few successes :) I got preggo with my DS while BFing DD and only took 2 months, this time is taking longer, but we started when DS was younger. We seem to be getting about 1 BFP a month :)

oooh, loads of ewcm today :) and we BDed last night! Can't do anything tonight as my brother is staying over, but I guess we're in with a chance?

Hi ladies, thought I'd drop in from the BFing forum. I've just had my copper coil out and waiting for a "normal" cycle before ttc. How are you ladies finding TTC while BFing? Any successes?

welcome! :flower: We've had a few BFP's in here!

oooh, loads of ewcm today :) and we BDed last night! Can't do anything tonight as my brother is staying over, but I guess we're in with a chance?

What CD are you on? I'm on Cd 9... Time to start opk's and BDing!

How are you doing Jokerette?? I've been thinking of you

Thank you, :hugs: today's tests were almost blank... Basically bfns so I think AF will be here soon, temp is going down too. :( I have come to grips with this MC... Now just waiting for my body to catch up :cry: I have talked with DH and we plan to try right away again next month , so fx for all of us!!

I'll be posting in my journal daily as well if anyone wants to follow along..link is in my siggy

Hugs Jokerette. That sucks :( xxx

Kalyrra, I'm CD 13 today :) good luck! I'm so much more relaxed without the opks! :)

Just got back from viewing our new house and it's awesome!!!! :) Very very exciting!

Awww, Jokerette, I'm so sorry. :hug:

iow_bird - yay for the new house! Wow, you're a few days ahead of me this time around. I think last cycle we were almost exactly the same!

CD 10 today, we dtd last night though it was more just for fun. lol

hehe, we did it for fun then a whole heap of ewcm the next morning ;) earlier in my cycle than normal, normally get it around CD15!

I'm so sorry, Jokerette. All the luck for next month. :hugs:

Sounds like a few of us are kinda close on our CDs. I'm CD 15 and anxiously awaiting some positive OPKs. I was taking 2-3/day over the past few days, because I felt like I was getting close (ovary ache/pain). But they were all negative. Hoping to see some darker lines soon.

How are you doing Jokerette?? I've been thinking of you xxx

Hello frizbee :) We've had a few successes :) I got preggo with my DS while BFing DD and only took 2 months, this time is taking longer, but we started when DS was younger. We seem to be getting about 1 BFP a month :)

Hi iow-bird...how old was your dd when you conceived ds? My dd is almost 17 months and my cycles returned when she was 13 months.... I'm still nursing her. I use opks, don't temp, but now I'm waiting on cycle #4 to start...I feel like my body will never return to normal...my lp for the last two cycles was about 7 days....do you know how long short lp lasts and did you have that same problem? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->