Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Hi iow-bird...how old was your dd when you conceived ds? My dd is almost 17 months and my cycles returned when she was 13 months.... I'm still nursing her. I use opks, don't temp, but now I'm waiting on cycle #4 to start...I feel like my body will never return to normal...my lp for the last two cycles was about 7 days....do you know how long short lp lasts and did you have that same problem? Thank you!

I know you didn't ask me... and I can't help as far as conceiving another one yet... but I had short LP's for awhile. ( I think all of us have! )

I'm on cycle 6 or 7, and I just had my first normal LP since pre-pregnancy. I had a 1 day LP, then a 6 day, then a 9 I think? then 11, and the last one or two have been 13/14 days.

I took vitamin B6 and B12 along with my prenatals for 2 cycles, and they lengthened out a little. But LO also started nursing less so that might have helped as well. We're down to 4 times per day.

So maybe try some B vitamins? I've heard taking a B complex is good.

Hi iow-bird...how old was your dd when you conceived ds? My dd is almost 17 months and my cycles returned when she was 13 months.... I'm still nursing her. I use opks, don't temp, but now I'm waiting on cycle #4 to start...I feel like my body will never return to normal...my lp for the last two cycles was about 7 days....do you know how long short lp lasts and did you have that same problem? Thank you!

I know you didn't ask me... and I can't help as far as conceiving another one yet... but I had short LP's for awhile. ( I think all of us have! )

I'm on cycle 6 or 7, and I just had my first normal LP since pre-pregnancy. I had a 1 day LP, then a 6 day, then a 9 I think? then 11, and the last one or two have been 13/14 days.

I took vitamin B6 and B12 along with my prenatals for 2 cycles, and they lengthened out a little. But LO also started nursing less so that might have helped as well. We're down to 4 times per day.

So maybe try some B vitamins? I've heard taking a B complex is good.

Thank you kylarra! I'm nursing about 3 times per day...to be honest, I don't even know when I ovulated this cycle...I got a smiley one afternoon, later in evening it was negative...don't know if it was a false positive, but I didn't get any slimy cm till the following week...but still negative opks...so I just want cycle 4 to start....I'm taking vitamin b6 with my prenatal...is it only effective with the b12 complex? Thanks for your help!

Af returned at about 6 months pp with Tilly. Then we started trying when she was 16 months and conceived when she was 18months I think. I wasn't watching LP when they returned last time. But this time AF arrived 5 months PP and then 3 dodgy cycles and 2 that I think have been normal, but I stopped doing opks as they were driving me a bit mental!!

Jokerette - big hugs. so sorry to hear your news. I think any loss is painful, regardless of how early on XX

Thank you kylarra! I'm nursing about 3 times per day...to be honest, I don't even know when I ovulated this cycle...I got a smiley one afternoon, later in evening it was negative...don't know if it was a false positive, but I didn't get any slimy cm till the following week...but still negative opks...so I just want cycle 4 to start....I'm taking vitamin b6 with my prenatal...is it only effective with the b12 complex? Thanks for your help!

I've heard that it's better to take both (adsorption reasons) , and best if you take a B vitamin complex. I've also heard things like getting enough sleep (ha!) and sleeping in complete darkness will help your cycles be more regular.

And my little nursling is 10 months old tomorrow! My AF returned at 5 1/2 months PP. I spotted for about 8 days straight, then 2 weeks later had a 3 day heavier flow... and then it started to get a bit more normal every time. This last period was the most normal one yet, and I had a good LP.

Your body may have been trying to ovulate when you got the smiley. You can have an LH surge, but not necessarily ovulate. Impossible to tell unless you chart your BBT. Your surge may also have been a short one, and you caught the tail end of it?

Got a positive OPK today on CD 17. Very excited bc FF had put my ODay last Saturday after a higher temp yesterday. Glad to still be in the running.

What's up with everyone else?

Hi ladies!
I feel wonky this month, but only 4dpo! Weird twinges & pulling behind my pubic bone. Way too early to be anything exciting unfortunately, but just wonder what the hell is going on!!

Hi ladies....I got this this evening...really bad evap right? This is a few hours old....never had evaps like this before on these strips but there's always a first. My cycles are very irregular, but your feedback is much appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 4
I guess you can hardly see the line in that pic...but there is a faint line running through there but I'm assuming it's the urine...sometimes you just can't tell when you first dpi the stick....probably nothing...I'll test again tomorrow...hopefully the test doesn't play tricks on me..

I had a whole batch of those tests give evaps. Fingers crossed for you x

Layla, never look at a test after the appropriate time period! Or at the most, more than 15 minutes later. When they dry out, they tend to get some evap lines. Some of the tests get bad evaps in general.
I've never had a major problem with them, but I've ran across a couple that were wonky.

good luck, though! Fingers crossed!

CD 13 today. No positive opk yet, but lately I seem to be ovulating around CD 17, so I wasn't expecting one yet. Been dtd when we feel like it, started using our preseed just in case.

(Edit: I spoke too soon! Just did my daily opk, and it was almost positive! So I expect to have a positive by tonight or tomorrow morning! Yay, this is just about identical to my pre-pregnancy cycles!)

How's everyone else?

How many DPO are you babe? You're not out until the witch arrives! :)

Kalyrra: Get BDing girl! Good luck this cycle!!

I'm still getting these weird twinges, don't think anything pregnancy related, but a bit worried something might be wrong. So uncomfortable, feels like someone shoved a crochet hook up inside and is scraping around with it. And I randomly had so much CM yesterday that I thought I'd had an accident!! :( stupid body! Had (what I think was) a chemical last month, so wondering if that messed this cycle up!

How many DPO are you babe? You're not out until the witch arrives! :)

Kalyrra: Get BDing girl! Good luck this cycle!!

I'm still getting these weird twinges, don't think anything pregnancy related, but a bit worried something might be wrong. So uncomfortable, feels like someone shoved a crochet hook up inside and is scraping around with it. And I randomly had so much CM yesterday that I thought I'd had an accident!! :( stupid body! Had (what I think was) a chemical last month, so wondering if that messed this cycle up!

Oh, we are! :haha: Got my positive opk last night, and it's VERY positive today (waaaayyyy darker than control line). I'm also feeling pretty wet, which is unusual for me. Going to BD today, tomorrow, skip a day then once more for good measure.

Are you still getting weird twinges??

Kalyrra: Yup still getting these odd twinges. Really quite uncomfortable. Heaps of CM still too! So weird! Pretty sure it started too early to be pregnancy related though!

Kalyrra: Yup still getting these odd twinges. Really quite uncomfortable. Heaps of CM still too! So weird! Pretty sure it started too early to be pregnancy related though!

You didn't do OPK's this cycle, did you? Could you have ovulated sooner than you thought?

I wish I would have done temping this cycle so I could pinpoint which day I ovulate. Yesterday, I caught my LH on the upward swing (darn near positive in the morning) and by evening, I had quite positive opk's and all day today as well. I know they say 12-36 hrs from your first positive, but that's quite a window to guess! :dohh:

I did feel a teeny bit of cramping on my left side today here and there... not sure if it's O related or not because I've felt similar things when I wasn't anywhere near O. Since I got my first positive opk yesterday, should I consider today Ovulation day? Or tomorrow? :shrug:

Hubby has to work the next 3 days in a row (12 hr shifts), so BDing should be interesting. We've been busy little beavers this week! lol The only day we didn't DTD was on Monday. :blush: Plan on hitting tomorrow just in case. Wondering if we should also hit Sunday, or skip to Monday? Thoughts? :shrug:

How are you doing, Layla? What dpo are you?

Hey

Pretty sure I'm only 6 dpo, maximum :) And we only BDed once this cycle as we're not really trying much, too much else going on!! I stopped doing OPKs a few months ago, they were driving me mental! But we are using preseed and Bd was around the right time of month so who knows! Feeling a bit sick and really tired this morning, but that might have been too much party food yesterday! Ben has gone away now to start his new job and I'm coping fine emotionally which makes me think this cycle will be a no go.

Fingers crossed you caught that eggy Kalyrra

Layla: How are you doing?? xxx

I got 2 days worth of pos OPKs this month, same as last month. We BD both days. I'm guessing I'm 1 DPO but FF hasn't given me my official O date yet. Into the 2WW.

hi ladies. how is everyone?

Layla - have you tested again? Its so hard when you get something that looks like a line but you're not sure, isn't it?

Iow-bird - I had a crampy feeling around 5dpo when I got pregnant with my DD. How are you feeling now? any more signs?

Kalyrra -you always seem to have an impressive BD schedule, especially with your OH's work. We normally only manage once or twice around my fertile time!

Radkat - fingers crossed for good O signs for you and that you catch that egg

Jokerette - how are you doing? Hugs

I'm on CD11 - not much happening. DD is 2 tomorrow so we've been focusing on her and had a little party today at our local soft play. I'm exhausted now!

Baby dust to all, here's hoping for a very fertile month! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->