Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Ok girls, like an idiot I bought blue tests (they had nothing else in the shop) what do you think???? I had to tweak a bit to get it to show in the picture, but it's so barely there :( urgh!!!

I can see partial lines on top and bottom, but they kind if look like those ugly evaps I had a week ago...test again in a few hours or tomorrow morning! I have a full batch of opk strips and hcg strips coming in the mail today!

Has anyone tried fertile cm tabs to boost cm?

Welcome, schmetterling! Glad you found us. :)

Kalyrra - No testing yet, but yes, I look at the calendar every day willing it to advance a bit. I've decided that I'm going to test on Monday morning, so I'll let you all know. That'll be 11DPO.

Iow_bird - Is your test supposed to have 2 lines? Sorry I'm familiar with those. I definitely see one, not 2.

Leeze - Re: pressure to wean... I think I'll get some from OH if I'm not pregnant this cycle. He reeeally wants to get pregnant ASAP. I feel like she needs to keep bf for awhile especially since it's coming into winter, she started day care not long ago and we'll be traveling at the holidays.

Layla, et al. - I'm definitely extra hungry during AF. But I've been a bottomless pit ever since LO was born. BF, I guess.

layla - what are fertile cm tabs? I tried cough medicine when TTC the last time! I can't remember the name of the active ingredient - something like guafisen? I also took starflower oil or evening primrose oil. I haven't been this time round, but we do use pre-seed..

Iow - when are you next testing? fingers crossed!

sorry, can't remember what else I wanted to say. stressful day here - OH's Mum experienced an attempted mugging and he was quite aggressive. we're all shaken up by it

schmetterling - welcome! :flower:

Layla - I've heard good things about fertile cm from a few that have taken it. Hubby and I just use pre-seed.

iow_bird - I barely see a shadow of blue... but I've never used a blue test, so I couldn't tell you if I thought it was positive or an evap. Sorry! Fingers crossed, though! :thumbup:

Radkat - I'm trying to wait until Monday as well. Fingers crossed for us!

Leeze - Oh my goodness! Is she okay? That's horrible! I can't even imagine the emotional stress...

For those with shorter LP's and late ovulations.... I noticed that when my LO cut back from feeding 6-7 times a day to 5, my LP got a bit longer. And then this last cycle, we were down to 4 times a day, and it was my first normal cycle post partum. O'd around day 14! We'll see how long my LP is, but I know cutting back on nursing had to help.

Don't feel too pressured to wean if you and LO aren't ready. You will be someday. :flower: It's a personal choice, and while you may respect the opinion of your husband, mother, etc... it's still your choice! Don't let guilt and pressure force you into it.

Thanks everyone! Kalyrra, I was doing good on cutting back the breastfeed, but today she has been attract he'd all day long, so that probably won't be too helpful this cycle....
leeze- fertile cm tabs are a supplement that help you to produce more cm...kind of like the mucinex...I'm waiting for mine in the mail...I'm on cd4 right now and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my o date moves closer and lp gets longer....good luck with all the testing!

Anyone else just staring a new cycle? The past couple months I haven't ovulated until day 22 or 23, so it feels like a very long wait.

Hi Schmetterling! We can be cycle buddies! I'm CD 6 today (kind of feel like I should be calling it CD 5 since AF arrived so late on Sunday) so I'm at the beginning of my cycle. All this talk of DPO and pregnancy test pics makes me want to test - and I haven't even ovulated yet, lol :haha: I have a 13 month old son, and AF came back August 12th. My cycle is 30-31 days with ovulation around day 15 I think. This is the 3rd month I'm charting my temps, and I'm not 100% confident I'm doing it/reading it right.

So far I've resisted buying an OPK, but maybe I should. What do you ladies think??

IOW - I see blue tinge above and below that line, which in my experience means something on those awful blue dyes! Get yourself an FRER stat!

TTCinseattle I am on cd5 right now, but I'm far from ovulation...it's usually around cd24 and my lp was around 7 days, but last cycle I think it got longer! I hope it moves up some...I don't remember any of this ttc before....I'm only spotting and OH is working till one this morning, but tomorrow night I want to start bd'ing...I don't want to miss any chances this cycle. So far my little one wants to nurse any chance she gets....I feel like it's a lot more than usual....is there a difference in nursing when you have af?

did a pink test this morning and just a shadow which is probably an indent. I was up in the night so wee wasn't that great! But, I'm pretty sure if yesterdays was a faint positive, something more would have shown up today. No worries, I hadn't got my hopes up, and with the move & selling the house and being on my own with the kids a lot at the moment, I'm not the keen to get preggy right now!

TTCinseattle I am on cd5 right now, but I'm far from ovulation...it's usually around cd24 and my lp was around 7 days, but last cycle I think it got longer! I hope it moves up some...I don't remember any of this ttc before....I'm only spotting and OH is working till one this morning, but tomorrow night I want to start bd'ing...I don't want to miss any chances this cycle. So far my little one wants to nurse any chance she gets....I feel like it's a lot more than usual....is there a difference in nursing when you have af?

A lot of women experience a drop in their milk supply during AF, so it's possible your daughter may be nursing more often due to that? It usually bounces right back afterwards, so don't be concerned about it. :flower:

As far as not missing your chances, BD'ing every other day is what a lot of fertility experts recommend if you're not sure what day your O is. If you do know when it is, then your fertile window is generally 5 days before O and the day of.

I was doing some reading last night, and I read the results of several in depth studies on ovulation. According to a few different studies, ovulation usually occurs within 12-36 hrs of the beginning of an LH surge. (which most of us knew) However, they also showed that the egg is only viable for about .7 of a day. I'd always heard 24 hrs! And sperm was something like 1 to 2 days.
Out of the hundreds of women they observed and tested, not a single one got pregnant from intercourse the day after ovulation occurred!

They said the intercourse women got pregnant from were usually the day before and the day of ovulation. The reason they give a 5 day fertile window is because most women can't pinpoint their actual ovulation day, and want to play it safe.

So, don't despair ladies! Getting pregnant is difficult business! lol Apparently our timing has to be just right! :dohh:

Oh, and if any of you have around an hour to spare (and haven't seen it already) I highly recommend watching "the Great Sperm Race". I think it's still up on YouTube. Puts things into perspective for sure!

7 DPO today, nothing new to report. Although I did have crazy BFP dreams last night! I've never dreamed about pregnancy tests before... so I know it has to be taking over the back of my mind for me to dream about it! They were positive tests, but then they started bleeding all over and I couldn't tell if they were positive or evaps, etc... :rofl: (please note, I spent about half an hour looking at HPT's in the testing thread before I went to bed :haha: )

It's weird how some cycles, I can be so relaxed about it.... and others, I just go crazy over every aspect. I'm hopeless.

hehe I know the feeling Kalyrra! I just went to bed this afternoon as I had a migraine, had weird dreams about our family, but there was a tiny baby girl in it as well as Tilly & Noah (along with zombies, my car having the doors taken off and getting very lost)!

Lol.....I'm looking forward to those dreams!! Lol. Maybe you both caught the egg!
I just got my fertile cm in the mail...I guess I better get started in taking them and hopefully It helps...I usually get ewcm around ovulation though...idk, maybe I just wasted my money. Cd5, now the long wait for I ovulation...I have NO idea when or if that happens. Not very good at temping. But I've decided to give it a try starting tomorrow morning.

I've always had vivid dreams! Woke up soaked in sweat so pretty sure AF is on the way, that and the migraine kind hints in that direction!

8 dpo today... I caved and tested with an IC this morning. Nothing. But, I didn't expect anything either. I don't feel like we caught it this cycle, but a teeny part of me is still hoping we did. I'll test again probably Monday. (and every day before then :rofl:) My last bfp was around 10 dpo, so I'm crossing my fingers for the next couple days.

If not, on to next month! As always.... lol

How's everyone else feeling?

Crazy dream, iow_bird! Except the baby part of course. :)

I'm still going to try to hold off until Monday to test. I'll be 11 DPO and AF came at 10 DPO last month. We'll see.

iow-bird, it's always disappointing when the cycle is coming to an end with no bfp...I hate that...but look forward to the next chance!

Kalyrra, hope you get your bfp! You never know....

Radkat, good luck with the wait and hope you get past 10 dpo with your bfp!!

problem I have this month is that I'm not sure Ben will be around during Ovulation :( so will probably be skipping a month, then TTC over xmas while he's back for 2 weeks. Then it's going to be a bit hit and miss as to whether he's around at the right time. This sucks!!

very fast thread, ladies! finding it hard to keep.up! cd4 here so early days still.

OH's Mum is physically ok except a huge bruise on her leg where he pushed her over. but she's really shaken up by it. poor thing. it was just round the corner from her house too, which is particularly horrible

I think my supply goes down around ovulation rather than AF.

Totally relate that some months I feel gutted to not be pregnant and others I'm fine. some months I unless about TTC and others I'm more laidback

My LO is nursing more than ever at the.moment. sometimes distraction helps but then she makes up for it later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->